Learn Dota 2 - How do I learn to micro Nature's Prophet?


How do I learn to micro Nature's Prophet?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 12:00 PM PDT

I'm planning to learn to play NP. My problem is, I don't really have experienced dealing with multiple units. Is there a guide or something that literally explains how to set up your keyboard and which keys to press? Because that would speed things up a bunch for me.

submitted by /u/taaltrek
[link] [comments]

How to toggle auto-cast abilities when using ALT+QWEASD as item slots?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 06:24 PM PDT

So I changed my items to ALT+QWEASD and I actually love it, but I ran into one problem. So for example if I want to turn burning spears on or off as a normal person with normal ZXCVBN item keys (or something like that), I would press ALT+W, but the problem I have now is that ALT+W is an item slot. Is there a way to fix this other than just right clicking the ability?

submitted by /u/ZeZapasta
[link] [comments]

Invoker Basics and Spell Mechanics | Invoker Guide for Brand New Invoker Players

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 06:27 AM PDT

Any way I could have farmed Radiance faster and/or won this game as Spectre?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 08:04 AM PDT

4005378950

I was against an Ogre + Doom lane so I was really contested, afterwards I could barely farm the jungle without getting ganked.

submitted by /u/MrZipZap
[link] [comments]

Not sure what this means....

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 10:47 AM PDT

Idk how ranked MMR is determined or how it works here in dota2 but after playing my 100 games (coming from league as I've stated in other posts) I decided to jump in and try ranked to see... I play position 5 and I just received my medal or something like that?

Guardian 2

I've gotten a lot of commends due to me trying to "lead" the game like "hey let's push this" while I see a enemies in top lane farming or in jungle by a ward etc, or let's push and get towers after we ace the enemy (league terms 😂) and just warding and dewarding alot etc but it's mostly just my support main league experience talking I still feel I have sooooooo much to learn in dota2 ...

Ive found I love a lot of the support heroes in dota2 (AA, chen, CM, DW, dazzle, KOTL, lich, rubick, WW, and WD) but if dota2 is like LoL in the sense of only playing 3-4 champs..... idk who id narrow down to ....

Is that a necessity here? How is MMR determined? Do you ever demote? Since I don't play carry, what are some tips to learn to help climb and actually get better skill wise?

submitted by /u/yamsnoodle
[link] [comments]

[HELP] Requesting a review of item choices and deaths in this replay.

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 08:01 PM PDT

https://www.opendota.com/matches/4006137392/overview

 

Legend 4 - 3.6k Solo MMR

I'm the Juggernaut in this game.

I'm only requesting a review of my item choices and my deaths. I don't expect anyone to review my entire match without compensation. I have listed the time-stamps for my deaths and left my thoughts on the matter below:

 

Item Choices:

Regarding my item choices. I went for the Battlefury because I felt I did okay in the laning stage, but then realized afterwards that it might not have been a good choice given the fact that we have an AM and SF on the team. I feel like I should have gone for more mid-game items to make space for the AM and SF to farm.

I went for Drum of Endurance next to maximize my mid-game impact and come online as soon as possible because I know that AM will need space to farm.

I went for Manta instead of Sange and Yasha because I wanted the ability to dispel Tinker's laser. In hindisght, perhaps the Sange and Yasha would have been a better item choice. I mean, I can dispel laser with Bladefury anyway. The Sange and Yasha would have been cheaper and would have let me come online and make space for the AM faster than the Manta. I'm not sure.

My last item was Assault Cuirass. It doesn't really matter at this point because we've practically won the game already by the time I pick this last item up. I picked this up with the team in mind, because I knew the AM was going to go for Butterfly soon and I didn't want to stack Butterflies on our team. I also saw that SF wasn't going for AC so I went and got it for the team. I figured that with AM, Jugg, and SF on the same team, the aura would have been really helpful.

 

First Death: (15:10 - 15:25)

I get caught here by Shadow Shaman walking towards me from fog. I suppose if I was mechanically gifted, I could have hit Bladefury before I got hexed, but I would have been caught by chrono anyway.

My thought process at the time was this: I'm ahead of this Void. I'm Lv. 11 and he's Lv. 8. I can trade hits and come out ahead.

In hindsight: Enemy heroes are missing off the map and it's night-time. I shouldn't be this far out from my own tower, trading hits with the Void.

Am I wrong in thinking this way?

 

Second Death: (20:40 - 21:00)

My thought process at the time: I'm already dead. This is 3v2 and they have a Shadow Shaman. I wanted to take down Tinker before dying but I did not anticipate the creep wave coming and thus fail to kill Tinker.

In hindsight: I really should have a TP in my inventory if I'm farming like this. Spin TP would have saved my life here.

 

Third Death: (31:15 - 31:35)

I made a bad decision here. I overestimated my hero's limits and underestimated my enemy hero's limits. The idea here was to bait a CK ult, then spin and drums away. I underestimated CK's ability to chase after me. In hindisight, instead of using Drums and running away, I probably should have just done a Spin-TP. CK might have killed me through the Bladefury anyway though.

 

Those are my thoughts. I hope I can get some feedback from better players than me. Thank you for reading all of that and thank you in advance to anyone who gives input.

submitted by /u/ElderCat
[link] [comments]

What could I have done better win this match? [ 3k Legend SF ]

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 07:04 PM PDT

The Dotabuff link is https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/4006171529

Aside from dying mid early like an idiot because I was reading my stream chat, I dont really know what else I could have done to try and win this game. If anyone could give me any criticisms it would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Black_Dynamite66
[link] [comments]

How to play CM when the enemy has a big advantage

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 05:52 PM PDT

Recently had this game where I was playing CM,the laning stage was horrible for our team.Only the offlaner managed to survive reasonably well.Our pos 2 just fed and gave up in 10 minutes.On top,where I was, slark the pos 1 was just getting tilted more and more.I personally think that in this game I did my job harassing enemies .Maybe I should have had placed some wards but I was too occupied with slark since he couldnt survive alone.

With this, the game become more and more one sided and I just didnt know what to do.The wards were easily dewarded with mirana and zeus.Arc was too fat and we couldnt even touch their offlaner because bristle was too tanky.

When I win the laning stage as CM the game is already won 90% of the cases but the exact opposite also happens.Any tips?I know that this question also applies to any pos 5 but CM is one of the squishiest supports in the whole game..

Match id:4006122680

submitted by /u/tiago1500
[link] [comments]

Couple of questions for offlane

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 04:52 PM PDT

  • Is offlane Natures still viable, and if so, is it better than a pos 4/5, or even a pos 1? (Side question; OOV Natures?)
  • What's the difference between offlane Lycan, and safelane Lycan?
  • How should offlane Undying be played? Dual lane (as support), Dual lane (as the offlaner), or just a solo?
  • Why all of a sudden are pros not building boots early game, or midgame?
  • Opinions on current offlane meta, and the 2-1-2.
submitted by /u/NotMeTwopointO
[link] [comments]

How to auto attack, but stop, but attack, but stop, and then attack? (already watched two videos who doesnt says it) plus other questions not keyword searcheable

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 09:56 AM PDT

Hey guys, i always wanted to know how people attack/stop/attack/stop and finally attacking, what hotkeys/settings/option to make it work, i already watched two videos and they don't explain it, and see ton of people who do it, i can do 60cs in 10mins vs bots without this, should i still learn it? (it is 100cs or 82cs in 10 mins?)

sometimes i see people not opening the shop and automatically everything, that still puzzles me, and also, I manually buy from the secret shop (pressing f2, W, and wait visually until the horse gets to the shop and then buy it) how do i make it automatically??

submitted by /u/ghepzz
[link] [comments]

Offlane centaur spammer.

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 11:16 AM PDT

Hello fellow offlaners, i need some tips. so, i always spam centaur in 3k bracket, and i always struggle early against supports, like, i can't trade because hero is too slow and the enemy plays safe, i always mess up the early stage, but, in mid/late game i position myself well and kinda do well, so all i need to know is how to dominate early on, how to deal with trilanes and how to flash farm a Blink dagger. PS : i play solo as an offlaner to give advantage to both of my cores.

submitted by /u/AdouKhiin
[link] [comments]

Is this how you spam?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 12:15 AM PDT

OK so I've been hearing that spamming hero's and stuff is good. So im about 1.6k and I've been a support player so far but I kind of want to try out a different role. I kind of want to spam mid but if I do people would a lot of times probably contest me for mid. I could be one of those guys who refuses to not be mid and eventually the other person would probably let me have it. Another problem I could run into is there being no support on my team. So in this case should I pick a support or still play mid. And lastly I've chosen my 3 favorite mid hero's Lina, storm spirit, and queen of pain. But is this OK? I mean in pubs for whatever (reason you can tell me) Lina has a 42 percent Winrate or something like that. Idk please help and clarify what I should do.

submitted by /u/CallMeDJSenpai
[link] [comments]

What does dotabuff winrate indicate?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 07:29 AM PDT

So, I watched a video by Dota Alchemy about offlane heroes in patch 7.18. They included Beastmaster and Doom. Then I checked Dotabuff winrate of those two heroes. It was below 50%. But I also see these two heroes picked a lot in pro scene. I also know that these two heroes are some how hard to play. So, does a below 50% winrate means that it requires high skills to play that hero, or even if you're good at that hero, it's still not viable?

submitted by /u/derangedmonkey333
[link] [comments]

Invoker starting items (exort)

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 12:24 PM PDT

Hi guys I'm an avid Invoker player, I'm not so good but Im trying to optimize my starting items in every matchup. I've gathered some information and I wanna know what you think about it.

Starting with the obvious: null branch faerie fire against heroes like qop, storm, tinker, mostly int mid heroes.

Expect Zeus for example, where I buy full wand salve

In other scenarios for example vs sniper and pa I like to starts with basilius and double branch eventually getting another ring of protection casually (in this case do you upgrade to Aquila or you still go for 2 nulls?)

When I'm against ursa or blood seeker I buy boots from the start (not sure if I should include huskar in this, need more info.. because I generally win the lane even with null)

I don't think Midas is bad if you have it early on, it's not a topic I wanna discus too much, I just wanna say invoke with no mana and a slight buff on Midas made it feel so good in my opinion..

Do you think my starting items differences are bad and I should go for null everytime? Thanks everyone

submitted by /u/obsidianvenomous
[link] [comments]

Dota plus Shards

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 04:30 AM PDT

When unlocking all the relics in a certain hero, what is the most worth it to buy? The random shards or the 10k or 5k shard of your choice??

submitted by /u/macoyyy12
[link] [comments]

Is roaming still viable as of patch 7.18?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 07:47 AM PDT

Arc vs TB late game?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 10:12 AM PDT

How do we win against this? TB just melted us all.

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/4005555866

submitted by /u/ddotaplayer
[link] [comments]

Low Skill, how can i improve?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 06:01 AM PDT

It may sound like dunning-kruger, but bear with me for a second, in a lot of my ranked games i'm the main damage dealer and i'm losing games. is it maybe because i leech gold and exp from my teammmates unintentionally? 5 or 6 months ago i started dota again and i've learned a lot about the game, and i've been trying to improve by watching replays. how can i improve and win more games? by the way, i've been wondering if i'm really trash and started again from my gf's steam account, in that account i played a lot of turbo, all of my opponents were divine. how can that happen? i mean, i'm guardian in my account, and possibly divine in smurf. here's my dotabuff if anyone's interested: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/189336770/matches?enhance=overview&lobby_type=ranked_matchmaking

submitted by /u/onurata
[link] [comments]

How to improve at 1k mmr?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 03:36 AM PDT

Ok, so I've posted over the last few days, and I have been getting a lot of great responses, but I really am unable to any improvement. I have about 700 matches played, and have been ranked at the 1k mmr range for a long time (like a year at this point, althogh its really more like 3 months since I took breaks for school and mental health) and although I do sense somewhat of an improvement, my MMR is actually decreasing!

What are the ways you would suggest a 1k mmr safelane/mid player to improve? Should I play a diverse hero pool and worry about the draft more or less? Should I spam 3-4 heroes? CSing? Is there anything else that can help me?

submitted by /u/MustafaKadhem
[link] [comments]

invoker itemization. need help.

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 09:17 AM PDT

for the past 50 games i was building a different build for invoker ( exort/quas or wex ) the build usually start with null 2 branches --> stick --> second null --> ring of basillus ( unsure wether get aquilla or not ) --> treads ---> scepter and from there i dont know what to buy. sometimes i go blink if i can other times force but if they have void ( past 30 50% were with or against void i think ) i get aeon disk even if its other heroes ( nyx dk pa am if he gets farm and if ur carry cant kick his ass ) and after that im completely lost i used to get octarine but i dont feel its all that good and just get bkb sometimes or linken/refresher and past that point game is usually over also i would love some tips on when to farm and when not to farm with invoker because avg is 490 and my usual average on carry heroes/ mid heroes is 500+

submitted by /u/saif000
[link] [comments]

Anyway to tell what role a champ is?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 08:23 AM PDT

When in draft can am I able to look somewhere or click something that allows me to see the role the selected heroes (by my teammates) are?

submitted by /u/saneil123
[link] [comments]

Advanced guide to Evasion and Block and Accuracy [Dota 2]

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 07:40 AM PDT

What can I expect in very high skill brackets?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 03:25 AM PDT

I've recently improved from 3.3k to 3.8k and have seen a lot of difference in my games. Can someone break down what very high skill bracket consists of and how I can further improve myself.

https://www.dotabuff.com/players/151143821

submitted by /u/hatsuneyuri
[link] [comments]

100 games till ranked

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 03:58 AM PDT

So, I made this new account so that I could recalibrate. i want to know if turbo counts towards 100 games required for ranked. Also, will it affect where i will land after i calibrate if i play exclusively turbo on those 100 games?

what do u suggest? do i just play unranked or is turbo the way to go?

i am sorry if this question has been answered before, i couldn't find it.

submitted by /u/diwas_146
[link] [comments]

Should my team push after winning a team fight with low health?

Posted: 13 Jul 2018 09:42 PM PDT

For example, my team has 3 people with lower than 30% health and almost out of mana, while enemy team's earthshaker has tp back during the fight, should my team push now?

submitted by /u/zheng_
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.