Factorio Accurate.


Accurate.

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 02:18 PM PDT

The developers need more credit for the amazing learning curve in this game

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 04:28 AM PDT

Factorio is such an amazingly complex game, but the short tutorials and the gradual pacing make it absolutely effortless to learn to play. I love how the tutorials just get your feet wet and explain the basics, and the rest you can just easily figure out as you go without getting too frustrated.

Keep up the great work devs, I'm in deep love with this game.

submitted by /u/DFtin
[link] [comments]

SPIDERTRON is alive but needs some love

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 11:32 AM PDT

I'm scared to start a new game.. But here we go!

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 12:35 PM PDT

Streaming some work on the Map Editor for 0.17

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 04:28 AM PDT

I'm currently streaming work on the Map Editor for 0.17 if anyone is interested in watching.

https://www.twitch.tv/rseding91

Edit: streamed for 7 hours; currently going to get food - I'll be back on around 9:30 PM (GMT+2) for some more.

Edit2: back.

Edit3: streamed for 3 hours and calling it a night. It was fun!

submitted by /u/Rseding91
[link] [comments]

I made a huge mistake

Posted: 13 Jul 2018 10:32 PM PDT

I bought Factorio

Edit: THE FACTORY GROWS

submitted by /u/Deffdread567
[link] [comments]

Redmew - Prehistoric Factorio (Public MP)

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 06:19 AM PDT

just wanted some concrete...

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 11:08 AM PDT

My first base after 16 hours (I heard some people like spaghetti?)

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 11:23 AM PDT

Factorio teaches you crucial programming concepts.

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 10:27 AM PDT

problem solving (how do I even begin?)

How does this game work? What is my next action to get to the rocket launch? (or 1000 white science per minute)

finding root causes (why isn't this working? bugs)

Why is this fabric not working?

identifying and fixing bottle necks (performance issues)

How can I improve the amount of circuits getting here?

compartmentalisation(functions/classes)

Blue prints

design of big complex things through many small incremental interlinked steps

Getting to launch a rocket through completing many sub tiny goals all leading up to the rocket launch.

different data communication ways and layers (tcp/disk/ram)

trains vs belts vs logistics, they all have their own unique advantages. What do you pick?

If you like Factorio you'll likely enjoy programming too once you're no longer struggling with syntax. So for those who don't know programming yet but enjoy Factorio, perhaps you should look into programming. It's an endless stream of solving more complex tasks than 'automate x yellow sience per minute'

submitted by /u/Atyzze
[link] [comments]

Most folks see a robot arm. I see a worm with a graduation cap.

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 07:19 PM PDT

Feature suggestion: roboport option to toggle "accepts auto-trash"

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 09:08 AM PDT

Context: A common problem that I have is that if I have auto trash enabled, every logistics network I build across the whole map needs some way to deal with every kind of trash. This means specialized networks like bot based mines and circuit sub-factories either accumulate junk in storage any time I run by or need some kind of way to ship trash back to base. This is complicated since the definition of "trash that needs to go away" varies from area to area -- don't want miners to put ore on the trash train!

Currently, I've largely given up on the auto trash feature as a result for late game bases where I might have half a dozen or more such networks. A lot of people have asked for a way for players to toggle the feature on and off or have a way to save and restore sets of auto trash/logistic request configs. I like that, but I have an alternate proposal:

The idea: Why not make "accepts auto-trashed items from players" a toggle on the roboport UI, that is automatically shared across connected ports? Given that I generally always want the bots at home base to take trash, and never want the bots anywhere else to do it, this would be perfect for my use case. How well does this match up to other players' experiences?

submitted by /u/waltermundt
[link] [comments]

You may have heard of Factoriomaps.com before but I feel like this site needs some attention. You can not only upload your world here but have it view in its entirety with very high detail at the website. I'm not joking its the best way to upload a picture of your world!

Posted: 13 Jul 2018 09:19 PM PDT

Is this correctly signaled? I am trying to make a city block base on my own to learn train signaling. Its working fine for now.

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 01:39 PM PDT

Why am i not getting any electric from this?? All the boilers have coal in them, please help. (Beginner here)

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 03:22 PM PDT

I wasted 10 hours of my life today ...

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 12:53 AM PDT

Because my rail network was off by 1 tile. As much as this post is about trying to cope with that loss of time, I also wish there was a better way for the game to deal with this :(

submitted by /u/79c4a06fbba64629867a
[link] [comments]

When you can't be bothered to make individual smelting facilities (Bob's Mods)

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 05:11 PM PDT

Base update number 2: I'm starting to see the benefit of a main bus. also proud of how compact this is. i am aware that the ratios on all of these are incorrect i'm trying to find things out for myself the first time through then i'll worry about efficiency.

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 04:09 AM PDT

New to this game, once fast conveyers has been researched, is it worth upgrading every conveyer in my factory or just leave it as it is?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 03:57 AM PDT

Edit: Thanks all for your help, I decided to upgrade most of the conveyers in my factory.

P.S. This is a great community!

submitted by /u/TheTruFinster
[link] [comments]

How Modules effect power consumption

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 01:11 PM PDT

So after some mild research I found out that using modules reduces power consumption. I know this is counterintuitive to what we have all been told that modules=MOAR POWA. I assure you this is not the case. Quite the opposite in fact.

In these links I provide data that shows how much power you need to produce 1000 spm without modules, with speed modules only, production modules only and production with speed modules.

Without modules: 5.7 GW https://kirkmcdonald.github.io/calc.html#zip=bcpBCgIxDIXh23RloOPsBnqYGqMNdtKSpODxdRYDCl2+7387S1rDY1BNMrBSVjhGuFH1RO+uZAauWaw3dTg4sNNuyZBJkKBnfMGy6bbEGC9/ep3qemrXdh/o3AR+D2cu/CzghGVa7TtoVj4=

With speed only: 7.6 GW https://kirkmcdonald.github.io/calc.html#zip=bYpLCgMhEAVv4yoNGiGLgT6M03aixB+2Qo6fDGEgATcPqurlWNCq++SEZVJi1+EAtXMayK/WWQRGd0Va7QMOrXxGscrv3yU0NxUHZ0GhyIUYmqMnmK1vRmt9+bPXpbWnbb36SSPWAr+HM4f4CDCYwrLKB3hV3g==

With production only: 11.4 GW https://kirkmcdonald.github.io/calc.html#zip=bZHRagQhDEX/xqcNzHbeBvwYq9md0BglRujn16UsdLd5EXLPQa6xksQ93CZylJkZk8JjCJ/IFvG7K44BpklGb2rwiEOpse+BDOuIIxNKRugpf8H10OO6bdvlJf1w0/2Zdm1lZqMm8Fd44pPuJxjm06VjDeiRUNetjCOSDFRDPWQyvx2X14e5SqeOLkDGbEoZKgnJHYrSP+nNvE2V1deVRkcs8NvaF5Ih89q6Txuvr+tJ0O+Qcp51crLmb0JTSS75AQ==

Fully moduled: 3.7 GW 2 GW less! https://kirkmcdonald.github.io/calc.html#zip=bZHRigMhDEX/xqcKMx3YhwE/xsa0ExqjRIX9/HVYCttuXgK55yBJzCRhc/eBHGQAY1R/Nu6G3AN+V8XWfNcorRbt/oxdyqFuLt1COyuE9ctRx9xCA0IB9DXC06+77uuyLJe39Gqm2yutWtKATkX8X+GFD3ocviMcJm2zQYu4PF9lbIGkoXbUXQbzR7m8b2kqlSqaABmhK4HPJCQPn5T+SR/mfajMeU2pVcTkf6e2hdiReV7dpoXnP9YoaM8QAUYeHHuxL6ExRZP8AA==

This tool does not include beacon power consumption! Even so with 2 GW less power consumption you can include over 4000 beacons and still use less power!

submitted by /u/Drphatballz
[link] [comments]

Why keep playing after rockets?

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 11:53 AM PDT

My cousin and I set up a game, we launched a rocket after not realizing we were one technology away and researching it, but it felt so lackluster and anticlimactic.... Is there any reason to keep playing? Probably a bad lame question but I wanted to find more reasons to play.

Thanks for reading

submitted by /u/funderthuck
[link] [comments]

My take on Coal Liquefaction to Rocket Fuel.

Posted: 14 Jul 2018 05:12 AM PDT

Playing without biters or cliffs, the only use for coal after finishing the needed military technologies is plastic production or burning. So it seems that the one thing I'm always with a surplus of is coal, I have ~5M coal stored in my logistic network and just outside my base there's a new shiny 63M coal patch, so I needed to find a way to use a lot of it and decided to try Coal Liquefaction for the first time.

I don't like using other people's designs, so after looking around for inspiration, I've designed my own Coal Liquefaction to Rocket Fuel plant.

Fired up Excel and after fiddling around a bit, I've found that 18 refineries (each with 3 Productivity 3 modules and 10 Beacons with Speed 3 modules) consumes 199.8 coal/s, almost exactly 5 Expresss Belts worth of it, so that was the number I've started with. For it to run, it also needs 999 steam/s, or 16.65 boilers (17 in the plant).

Part of the Heavy Oil produced goes back to the refineries to keep everything running, and the rest goes to 6 chemical plants that crack it to Light Oil. Then all the Light Oil goes to 42 chemical plants to produce solid fuel and all the Petroleum Gas to 14 other chemical plants with the same purpose.

A small fraction of the solid fuel goes back to the boilers to keep them running, while the rest goes to 74 assembling machines to make 18.75 rocket fuel/s.

Here's the full plant. The boxes on the top left are just to cheat infinite energy and an infinite supply of coal for testing purposes, same with the boxes on the far right that removes the produced Rocket Fuel. Before letting it run, I've primed the boilers with some Solid Fuel and filled the Heavy Oil tank on the bottom left. (There's also a gap just after the Steam tank, I know, that was to stop the factory from running before I've finished priming it)

And this is the plant running. The bottlenck mod shows that every single entity is running almost full time, no stopping for lack of ingredients or low usage of their products (and that screenshot was taken after 10 minutes of the plant running). There are 3000 Logistic Bots there, but it runs fine with 1500~2000.

The production info shows it steadily producing 1.1k rocket fuel/m, or the calculated 18.75 rocket fuel/s. It also shows that fluid production/consumption is pretty steady, no big ups and downs. Note that those graphs are for 10 minutes running. Overall, I'm happy with the ratio I've calculated.

It is power hungry, though. 576MW of electricity consumption if not interrupted.

But it still gives me a lot of "free energy". Consuming ~200 coal/s, at 8MJ per unit, that's 1600MW, plus the 576MW of electricity, the plant consumes 2176MW. But it produces 18.75 rocket fuel/s, at 225MJ per unit, that's 4218MW. In the end, it's a net production of ~2GW. I guess thermodynamics broke.

It was my first "big" plant design, and I'm pretty happy with the end results. Criticism is welcome.


Blueprint for those interested: !blueprint https://pastebin.com/bKnbYfN0

It does have the gap after the steam tank and I didn't bother "cleaning" my power poles/stations placement. Also the requester chests probably request way more than needed, but it works.

submitted by /u/Nuderval
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.