Civilization - [Civ of the Week] Khmer |
- [Civ of the Week] Khmer
- Let us do what China is doing IRL
- "Turn on raging barbarians" they said.. "It'll be fun" they said..
- When the AI spams missionaries
- Why are allies sabotaging districts?
- What are your favorite Civilization VI themes?
- Sure is lonely at the top
- Just won my first game on emperor!
- Is Civ6 worth playing yet?
- What is the least sporting thing you've seen somebody do in a multiplayer game?
- Made a sizeable city
- I see some canal city opportunities and also a Giant desert. where should I settle next + expand + pantheon?
- An idea for loyalty mechanics in conquered cities (possible mod idea)
- Why cant I edit some xml files?
- Any other games similar to civ?
- Do you believe we'll ever get Civ 6 Monopoly Bonuses?
- [Civ 6]: I need advice to beat Korea in multiplayer on quick
- Whoward's Modbuilder
- Giving away Civ V (Steam/Windows)
- I love world wars
- When you literally lose by one fucking turn
- Any way to easily view the final Civ 4 BTS AI source code?
- [Civ 6] What do you guys think are the best multiplayer civs on quick?
- Closest I've gotten to Pizza Party thus far
- Strategic Air Force Policy
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 03:02 AM PDT KhmerUnique AbilityGrand Barays
Unique UnitDomrey
Unique InfrastructurePrasat
Leader: Jayavarman VIILeader AbilityMonasteries of the King
AgendaAn End to Suffering
Vote for the next Civ of the Week. Check the Wiki for the other Civ of the Week Discussion Threads.
[link] [comments] | ||
| Let us do what China is doing IRL Posted: 14 Jul 2018 02:03 PM PDT I would love an option where I can spend surplus gold on investing in other countries. You should be able to pump money into developing nations, allowing them to loan as much money as they want from my empire, then watch them bury themselves in my debt. Take over when the nation declares bankruptcy. This would be a nice addition for the late game, as a sort of neo-colonialism way to expand your interests and empire. [link] [comments] | ||
| "Turn on raging barbarians" they said.. "It'll be fun" they said.. Posted: 14 Jul 2018 03:21 AM PDT
| ||
| When the AI spams missionaries Posted: 14 Jul 2018 05:28 PM PDT
| ||
| Why are allies sabotaging districts? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 10:59 AM PDT Gilgamesh has been my ally basically the whole game and we have a tier 3 alliance+no negative points in friendship (it's turn 363 atm). He has constantly had spies in my commerce hub, but whatever no big deal or harm is done from stealing there. But now he sabotaged my entire industrial district. Why can allies sabotage? He also wants bad deals all the time, for example he want's me to pay him 2k gpt for one luxury he has 9 of. What's the point of allies? [link] [comments] | ||
| What are your favorite Civilization VI themes? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 08:18 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 05:55 PM PDT
| ||
| Just won my first game on emperor! Posted: 14 Jul 2018 02:00 PM PDT On my first try. Really happy! Played as Kongo and had a cultural victory in 1795. I had stopped playing for a log time and picked up playing a month or so ago, trying to focus on each civ's strengths and always having basic things down instead of always trying for exciting wonders and things like that. I love it! [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 08:18 PM PDT The game has been gathering dust in my library since that horrible launch, and I'm wondering if the developers/modders have managed to actually make it fun yet? Also, is the AI still garbage? [link] [comments] | ||
| What is the least sporting thing you've seen somebody do in a multiplayer game? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 12:53 PM PDT Biggest dick move, foulest attitude, or general unfriendliness you've encountered while playing with friends or strangers. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 04:52 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 11:17 AM PDT
| ||
| An idea for loyalty mechanics in conquered cities (possible mod idea) Posted: 14 Jul 2018 04:06 PM PDT We've all had situations where we capture a difficult city, and it shortly after flips due to being close to other enemy cities, even when you have a monument, governor, and garrisoned unit. I don't disagree with this overall dynamic, but I think it should be tweaked so that if you have a garrison enough units near the city (let's say maybe 5 or 6, or maybe in positions that would qualify as a "siege" if you were attacking), then it becomes extremely difficult for the city to rebel. This just makes sense to me—how could the citizens of a city rebel if their entire territory is occupied? This wouldn't be a huge buff, because you really can't have so many units tied to a city forever, so eventually you'll need to find a way to fix the loyalty of the city, but at the very least it will buy you time to capture nearby cities. During this period I think it would certainly fair for the rebellious city to spawn barbarians (rebels). That would be another way to balance it. Perhaps these rebels would also remove population from the city center. Another possibility is having a governor designed for occupying rebellious cities. They would have weaker bonuses overall, but would have a stronger loyalty bonus. I think these changes would just make sense. Perhaps it would be a good mod. [link] [comments] | ||
| Why cant I edit some xml files? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 03:50 PM PDT Ive been trying to tweak how much production is generated to suit my gaming style ... And, if I make changes to technologies, units, all that good stuff, then I can load civ6 and see those changes... But if I make changes to the buildings.xml, the game completely ignores it. I can delete the file completely and civ6 still loads the building info happily. No problem, I thought, Ill just tweak the terrain to make more production. Nope, same story! Ive tried looking at pretty much every single xml file and dont see any way I can tweak production. Any help would be greatly appreciated! [link] [comments] | ||
| Any other games similar to civ? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 09:52 AM PDT Any games similar to civ, but more war focused, preferrably with some tactics, with combat system similar to last civ's? I was playing civ, but development of cities and micromanagment, along with some rather slow pace of the game (I tend to play on lower speeds because I like to play out some wars with the same set of units during one game). Europa Universalis seems fine, byt lacks the most i.portant factor - the possibility to plan specific battles. So, are there any? [link] [comments] | ||
| Do you believe we'll ever get Civ 6 Monopoly Bonuses? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 07:58 AM PDT I don't remember if monopolies were present in Civs 3 & 4, but they were one of my favorite features of the CiV Vox Populi mod. Do you expect/hope they will be part of a future expansion? I don't even see a single mod for it yet, let alone any word from Firaxis on implementing it. [link] [comments] | ||
| [Civ 6]: I need advice to beat Korea in multiplayer on quick Posted: 14 Jul 2018 09:19 AM PDT My friend only plays Korea and its hard to beat him because he gets really far ahead in science by turn 50. Can I beat in with another civ in a different area. He doesn't go culture or religion but his science is so strong its hard to beat. I'm not sure what to do to beat him. What are other civs that are kind of op and why? P.S. We have a rule that we do not attack each other early. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 06:02 PM PDT I've been trying for a while to create my own custom units in civ 5 using my own code in ModBuddy, however none of my units are working. I decided instead to use this program http://www.picknmixmods.com/utilities/modbuilder/util.html to try and create my units, however when trying to open the .jar program, the program won't open. Does anyone know a solution, or another way to make custom units? [link] [comments] | ||
| Giving away Civ V (Steam/Windows) Posted: 14 Jul 2018 05:14 PM PDT I'm sure someone out there never got around to buying Civ V, just let me know if you want it. First person to ask gets it! (edit: and it's gone!) [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 01:23 AM PDT I like how in Civ 6 having an alliance is automatically also open borders + defensive pact with your allies. Also now with spring patch there can be Joint war declarations with a casus belli and also invites to join ongoing wars. I'm playing the always peaceful nation of Germany and have annexed some of my neighbour Brazil's cities a while ago. I have alliance with Gilgabro and Rome, a sort of... axis if you may. Now my rivals Scotland and Persia have declared a joint Liberation war against me to help poor Brazil and my both allies have joined war against them and their city-state pawns. So it's Germany + Sumeria + Rome + Preslav CS + Muscat CS Versus Scotland + France + Armagh CS + Candy CS Nice! [link] [comments] | ||
| When you literally lose by one fucking turn Posted: 13 Jul 2018 10:17 PM PDT
| ||
| Any way to easily view the final Civ 4 BTS AI source code? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 08:05 PM PDT Hi folks, I'm learning game programming and would like to view the Civ 4 AI code to understand the thought and practices that went into making the game. Civ 5 and 6 are more recent, but Civ 4 seemed to have the most challenging and competent AI. I've tried downloading the Civ 4 SDK, but it seem like a bit of a rabbit warren to go down, when all I want to do is read the source, not edit anything. Any idea if the code has been hosted on Github/Stackexchange etc? Thank! [link] [comments] | ||
| [Civ 6] What do you guys think are the best multiplayer civs on quick? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 10:03 AM PDT I do not know if speed makes a difference but I wanna know what you guys think are the best civs for playing multiplayer? [link] [comments] | ||
| Closest I've gotten to Pizza Party thus far Posted: 14 Jul 2018 07:29 PM PDT I was SO close to getting Pizza Party (or at least the materials for it, the rest is easy), but got screwed by GP BS and my own stupidity. Was playing with random leader on King, planning to do that until I got all the leader-specific achievements. After resetting after getting some leaders I've used before, I got Frederick Barbarossa, who is one of my favorites, already played him before but didn't get Third Crusade so went with it. Things were going great (and still are I guess), as the first City State I found was Jerusalem which I quickly conquered and got Third Crusade. Then the first continent I find (other than the one I'm on) is Nena, so I'll soon be getting Luftballoons finally. Then I find America. The only vanilla achievements I have left that aren't specific to a type of map or leader are Luftballoons, Seven Wonders of the Post-Apocalyptic World (which I've challenged myself to do without nuking my own city), and Pizza Party, so I decide to shoot for it. I stockpile Gold like crazy, which isn't too hard as Germany, and Great Engineer points are a given. I built some Theater Square Districts quickly and started getting points. Unfortunately, Andrei Rublev got RNG'd first so I had to make sure someone would get him and then grab the last two with points/patronage before 5 of the 8 civs reach Renaissance Era while avoiding it myself. Eventually, I get enough points for Bi Sheng, but pass on him to save up enough for Leonardo. This is where I screwed up. I did that before looking to see how the other civs were doing on Great Engineers (partially because I was thinking Leonardo was Industrial for some reason, I know, makes no sense). Big mistake, only one unmet civ had any Great Engineer points, and was making 1 per turn. I kept hoarding gold for the Great Artists and eventually had enough to buy all 3 Renaissance Artists and enough points and a little leftover gold to get all 3 Renaissance Great Engineers, but didn't bother buying the Artists it wouldn't mean squat without Leonardo. The AI kept moving forward in Era, with one of the ones I'd met having made it to Renaissance. Despite the fact that it was Victoria, she still had no navy so allying with her didn't allow me to see the 3 Civs on the other continent so I just had to continue along and hope they weren't too far ahead. Then two of them found me, Pedro and Kongo. Both were Renaissance already, which was really bad. Kongo was the one getting one Great Engineer Point per turn, and was shockingly going to lose to me for Rublev, but was pretty close so I could just pass here and buy the others right after. While the other civs I had met set right before Renaissance, I hoped they would be slow or something. Then Pedro built an Industrial Zone and adopted Invention, meaning he could actually get Sheng soon. All I needed was for him to do that before two other Civs hit Renaissance, and I could get Leonardo and Donatello or Michelangelo (could just trade for the other one's work once a Civ got it), and then just invade America, who had already built New York, later to get the win. He was getting really close when...America hit Renaissance. That was the nail in the coffin. A couple turns later I finally was able to ally with Brazil and found Japan already in the Renaissance era, locking me out of the achievement, with Brazil just 6 turns from freeing me to get Leonardo. Me (through great effort to avoid progressing) and two other Civs were still in Medieval, so if America had progressed just a little under 10 turns later I would have made it and then finally getting that frustrating achievement would have been a breeze. So pissed about that. After I get Luftballoons I'm just going to nuke everyone. Seriously though, the GP Era stuff can be absolute BS. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 07:12 PM PDT Does it really give a flat +50 Production on carriers and air units? Or is it also 50% like the other policies? [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Sid Meier's Civilization. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment