Minecraft - I finally found a perfect way to display my collection!


I finally found a perfect way to display my collection!

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:03 AM PDT

I came across the weirdest coral reef

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:20 AM PDT

My friend made a windmill and I programmed the sails to rotate. I'm particularly proud of this one.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:15 AM PDT

I recreated the Minecraft: Update Aquatic logo in Microsoft Excel. Yes, really.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:47 AM PDT

I'm not sure when it was fixed, but beds can be stacked again (1.13-pre2)

Posted: 17 Jun 2018 08:53 PM PDT

When could you place Buttons on fences in Minecraft Windows 10?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:43 PM PDT

I recreated the Vein Miner Mod as a "Vanilla Enchantment"

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:09 PM PDT

Possible "breakthrough" in redstone lamp display technology?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:39 AM PDT

Just to be clear, I only consider this a sort of "breakthrough" because I haven't found any YouTube video similar to this. I acknowledge that somebody out there may have created a contraption like this.

Hello, Minecraft community! Today I wanted to talk about redstone lamp displays, which can be used to display messages or other works of art. However, there has been a long issue with these: one of the only ways to make an effective display is to make all pixels 2x2.

You should watch this video to find a little more information on why this is impossible. Basically, a well known feature of redstone lamps is they power all adjacent redstone lamps when powered with various redstone techniques. So, we have to resort to different methods (like powering through a block and redstone blocks). But another issue with these is that most methods use pistons, and as most people know, pistons can cause BUDs, which throws the whole operation off.

When I first went out to try and solve this problem, I looked at one design created by YouTube user Tsskyx (link to video) which shows a method that uses observers, hoppers, and a couple of other things to achieve individual pixel control. The only issue with this design is that the actual input extends sixteen blocks out from the actual pixel control. And, the levers extended upwards to the point where the input panel was almost twice as tall as the actual display. My goal was to create a display like that where the input panel (with the levers) was the same size as the display itself.

Of course, the easiest solution would be to just put levers on blocks behind the lamps, but the input should be able to extend as far as possible so it can be powered by redstone lines and repeaters.

After two hours and six prototypes, I finally came across a method that is fully extendable, stackable, and rather small. Here is the image of the two pixel designs:

12 blocks in length including the lever block.

Now, as I said, this design can be stacked. So, if we designate both pixel designs a number (say, 1 and 2), this is how it should be layed out:

1 2 1 2
2 1 2 1
1 2 1 2
2 1 2 1

(reversing that order works, too)

We can use this method to create displays of any size:

A 4x3 display.

And, just for a little fun:

A 40x40 display. Yes, this was made with structure blocks.

As we make these displays bigger, it gets increasingly expensive to create them. Even the 4x3 display will cost you a ton in nether quartz, redstone, and other materials.

This design is infinitely extendable backwards (you can use repeaters and/or continue the observer/piston chain), so you could hook up redstone lines to a display and animate it (it would look messy, but it would work). This design is not very survival friendly, although, no displays really are.

I hope you enjoyed this design! Please let me know any suggestions you have (this is an early prototype and any improvements are welcome)!

submitted by /u/xMikee
[link] [comments]

Yeah... this is totally what I wanted

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:15 PM PDT

New Wheat farm on our small survival server

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:51 AM PDT

Realm of Vasten: the hamlet of Lacris. A small community of potato farmers settled here when their wagon broke down along the road from Travill to Kelael. An Arbor Druid came along and helped them start their little hamlet just below the ruins of Rethlic Castle.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 03:37 PM PDT

Want a nostalgia trip? Play 1.13 but dumb down all the graphical settings.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:21 PM PDT

Switch Edition: 1 map, 2 villages, 2 mansions, 1 spawner.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 12:03 PM PDT

(FULL ALBUM) Mega Photo Tour of my two Survival-built Cities!

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:02 AM PDT

Opera – work in progress

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 09:07 AM PDT

Old and New

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 12:33 AM PDT

How to Play with other Minecrafters online.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 11:26 AM PDT

Im a 31 yo mom and my son is 9. We enjoy playing Minecraft together. We play on PS4, for a long we didn't have internet in our home and would just play on the PS4 with the disc. We built wonderful elaborate worlds both creative and survival.

We now have the internet and the PS4 is online, and we are part of the Play Station Network. He wants to play with other people online now. Ive gotten as far as joining the Minecraft community, and a gaming session...But my trouble is a lot of players only accept others if they are friends and the ones that dont have that setting and allow you to join with adding them as a friend, we can't communicate.

We get dropped in the their world and we dont know whats going on. We can see them flying around so we know they are in creative mode, but ours is on survival. They teleport us here or there or teleport to us. We basically dont know what is expected of us when we are dropped in someone elses world. Do we team up and build together? Are we against one another?

We have only managed to get into someones world once or twice and it was very brief. We got booted out or the player left. Im supposing we need to begin collecting friends...But im a bit in disbelief that that is whats necessary...

I would think there would be entire public worlds with lots of Mine Crafters and we can just drop in and play. Is that not how it works?

I need some guidance on how to interact with others on Minecraft. How can my son join a platform with other players and play with them.? He has spent a couple of years crafting traps to protect his diamonds mastering the defensive parts of the game and now he wants someone to interact with that wasn't sitting next to him when he made the traps. Ya know what I mean?

submitted by /u/Penetrative
[link] [comments]

Generating Epic Trees in a C++ Minecraft Clone

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:27 PM PDT

Huge patch of glaciers from PE. Really close to spawn and plenty of packed ice over the ocean

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 12:56 PM PDT

How do you stop this thing again?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:18 PM PDT

Colour Codes for Minecraft

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:13 AM PDT

Odd animal behavior

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:00 PM PDT

Image for reference

I don't know if my farm structure is bad but my farm animals concentrate on walls and they never spread out equally. Is there any way to prevent this?

I want to fix this if I can since its annoying to walk through crowds of mobs and sometimes they concentrate on one location so much that some of the animals manages to get stuck on the wall and suffocate.

submitted by /u/SirYuzu
[link] [comments]

I almost opened that door.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:06 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.