Overwatch - Weekly Trash Talk Thread - June 18, 2018 |
- Weekly Trash Talk Thread - June 18, 2018
- I think I might be the worst Ana ever to play Overwatch
- A suggestion for Ana buffs to address two of her many weaknesses: lack of self-sustain and a weak support ult.
- Intentional feeding to cause longest C9 in a top 500 game, featuring OWL pros Fissure, Muma, Spree. Check comments for enemy perspective clip
- To be continued...
- What should you do when your whole team is caught in a grav? Jump in of course
- Big brain play by this Reinhardt
- Potg was Dragon into grav =(
- Had my first Sextuple last night it was everything I imagined.
- They did what they promised. Blizzard managed to rework Symmetra without making her feel like a different hero.
- Thank you Overwatch, from a Gamer Dad
- Stealing Hanzo's combo POTG as Ana is a big mood!
- Tfw you mess up your ult but it works out better than expected. .
- Cool guys don't look at explosions~
- brb, playing frogger
- Let's party around the graviton surge!
- I panicked
- [Hastr0] "When we were finalizing our purchase of an OWL franchise, there was a very wide spread amount of skepticism and many people who immediately wrote off the idea as a flash in the pan. Boy, were they wrong. The first regular season was a massive success."
- Booping someone into the cars on Oasis City Center should give you kill credit
- Some accidental teamwork and mutual amusement in Deathmatch
- Nobody puts baby (D.Va) in a corner.
- Finally did it!
- Dear Blizzard: Please make OWL-style health bars the standard
- Reaper's Wet Dream
| Weekly Trash Talk Thread - June 18, 2018 Posted: 17 Jun 2018 10:07 PM PDT HERE YOU CAN GET RID OF ALL YOUR ANGER AND HATE. CAPS ON AND LET IT ALL OUT. JUST GET YOUR THIRD LUCIO PLAYER ICON DUPLICATE? GETTING PERMANENTLY KILLED BY THE MOST OP CHARACTER IN THE GAME? THERE'S TOO MUCH JUSTICE THAT RAINS FROM ABOVE? THIS IS THE RIGHT THREAD! PLEASE STILL BE CIVIL, AT LEAST A LITTLE! [link] [comments] | ||
| I think I might be the worst Ana ever to play Overwatch Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:59 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:57 AM PDT Ana is a hero who has felt rather weak for quite a long time now. Since her round of nerfs over a year ago, several metas have passed, and Ana has not played a major role in any of them. A large part of this is that Ana has a host of weaknesses that make her unreliable, inconsistent, and outright inferior to healers like Mercy and Zenyatta in most situations. The list of these weaknesses is extensive: complete lack of mobility, lack of passive self-healing/sustain (that does not consume a cooldown, ala every other healer in the game), inability to heal through barriers in any capacity, only means of self-defense is a CC skillshot on a long cooldown, lowest damage of all supports (bar Mercy) by a fair margin, and quite possibly the weakest support ult in the game. Now, I agree with the devs that it's healthy for a character to have some weaknesses. After all, characters are often more defined by their weaknesses than they are by their strengths. That's why I think weaknesses like immobility and barriers are healthy for Ana to have. However, she just has too many weaknesses, and I don't think that's healthy for her as a character. Consider how characters like Hanzo, Junkrat, Widowmaker, and even Mercy had many of their most notable weaknesses outright eliminated when being buffed/reworked. Of her weaknesses, I think two don't do a particularly great job of "defining" who Ana is as a character: her lack of self-sustain and her weak support ult. As such, I think that's where balance considerations should be focused. My suggestions are as follows:
Ana often struggles to be self-sufficient due to her lack of a self-recovery option, outside of using her Biotic Grenade, which can usually be better used on allies or enemies. This change should help Ana heal off chip damage, allowing her to maintain her positioning more often and reduce her reliance on having a secondary healer or other ally "babysit" her.
While the damage reduction aspect of Nano Boost is powerful, using this ultimate in a defensive manner to save a key ally is often risky because that ally may die regardless. The burst healing change should make defensive Nano Boosts a more attractive option for Ana players. Meanwhile, Ana players using Nano Boost in an offensive manner can sometimes prove frustrating for the targeted ally if said ally is low on ammo. This change should make so that less time is wasted during Nano Boost's limited duration. Overall, these changes are intended to make Nano Boost more dynamic, with both offensive and defensive uses of the ultimate being viable options with many different heroes. Edit: Wow. I really appreciate the gold, whomever you are! But really, what I appreciate more is the visibility for this thread and the discussion it's prompting among the community. Hopefully that spreads to the devs as well and gets them talking, even if it's not about these exact buffs. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:06 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:36 AM PDT
| ||
| What should you do when your whole team is caught in a grav? Jump in of course Posted: 18 Jun 2018 11:03 AM PDT
| ||
| Big brain play by this Reinhardt Posted: 17 Jun 2018 09:57 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:20 AM PDT
| ||
| Had my first Sextuple last night it was everything I imagined. Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:38 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:37 AM PDT Whenever she's mentioned, she's still both unplayably underpowered and the most brokenly overpowered hero in existence. [link] [comments] | ||
| Thank you Overwatch, from a Gamer Dad Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:03 AM PDT Hi all, Pic first, explanation below! I travel for a living, Mon-Thurs as a consultant. Since I am a gamer, I picked up a gaming laptop so I can play from the hotel rooms at night. My little fellas LOVE Overwatch; 7 & 6 years old and they sit and watch OWL. Additionally, they saved up 40$ over a couple months to buy an Overwatch account. Now we can play when I am gone! They sit on my PC at home and we chat, laugh, play, and have a blast at night in custom matches against bots. They are beyond thrilled when they earn a loot box and open up any color. It brings me so much joy to see their overwhelming enthusiasm for gaming...even in the small things that we take for granted (opening a blue-colored loot, etc.) I am so thankful for Overwatch, /u/Blizz_JeffKaplan , and all the team there for giving my kiddos and I an opportunity to connect when I am not there (and when I am) -GamerDad29 (in game) [link] [comments] | ||
| Stealing Hanzo's combo POTG as Ana is a big mood! Posted: 18 Jun 2018 12:37 PM PDT
| ||
| Tfw you mess up your ult but it works out better than expected. . Posted: 18 Jun 2018 11:53 AM PDT
| ||
| Cool guys don't look at explosions~ Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:42 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 12:04 AM PDT
| ||
| Let's party around the graviton surge! Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:01 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:35 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:15 AM PDT
| ||
| Booping someone into the cars on Oasis City Center should give you kill credit Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:34 AM PDT Title. I think it's kind of unfair that, say, a Lucio that boops someone into a car won't get credit or ult charge for it. It's essentially the same as booping someone off the map. [link] [comments] | ||
| Some accidental teamwork and mutual amusement in Deathmatch Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:48 AM PDT
| ||
| Nobody puts baby (D.Va) in a corner. Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:47 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:01 PM PDT
| ||
| Dear Blizzard: Please make OWL-style health bars the standard Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:17 AM PDT Not the team colors part, but the separation of health from other kinds of HP (armor, etc). It's way easier to parse visually. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:41 AM PDT
|
| You are subscribed to email updates from Overwatch. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment