Guild Wars 2 - Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 22, 2017


Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 22, 2017

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 06:09 AM PDT

This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

Resources:

Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

It took me 4 years, but I finally achieved my long-term goal in GW2!

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 05:37 AM PDT

And that´s 45 characters, all geared and ready for Fashion Wars, every single race/profession combination possible!

/u/RidiculousRia made this beautiful collage for me, showcasing all of them together and I added an in-game screenshot and a little description for each of them!

14 of them are full Ascended, the rest is full exotic/ascended mixed, so they are all playable; you´ll find a few duplicate skins, but all in all I tried to make them as different as possible. I have been playing for 4 years now and it feels good to finally have reached my fashion goal! I can rest now until they release a new race or professionplsdontimpoor

submitted by /u/bradbury-girl
[link] [comments]

[PvP] NA "top" players being paid to play on ringer accounts during the annual tournament.

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 12:59 PM PDT

There are currently NA top players being paid to play on ringer/shared accounts during the AT

They get a low seed, forcing them against different skilled teams during the early rounds, that would have otherwise made it to higher rounds in the tournament.

How can this be fixed? Can anet run an IP trace on the account and see which IP another account has also used.

submitted by /u/prowlersden
[link] [comments]

[Art] Harsher Winds, Stronger Roots

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 08:34 AM PDT

How to Train Your Dragon

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 04:26 PM PDT

Crown from monthly tournament

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 01:52 PM PDT

First monthly automated tournament in 1h

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 11:05 AM PDT

Both me and helseth will stream it live from our perspectives

www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr www.twitch.tv/thelordhelseth

Heres the full vod on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFQTZgF0D_M

submitted by /u/Sindrener
[link] [comments]

Thanks to [SAND], after nearly 2 years, I finished the Ambrite Weapon Collection!

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 08:02 AM PDT

I love Silverwastes and Dry Top. I think they're weird, neat maps that have a lot of really cool stuff on offer if you're willing to try it out. Two years ago I wandered into Dry Top and saw [SAND] blowing up map chat with locations, timers, and good old fashioned positivity. And about 6 hours ago, I finally finished the achievement to craft all 16 Ambrite weapons. I wouldn't have scratched the surface of this achievement if it wasn't for Muirellthe Moon and her guild of ridiculously helpful and patient SANDies.

So thanks folks. I'll still be running T6's with you. It's too much fun not to.

Now, what do I work on next? I hear there are like...other maps with achievements in them or something? At least two others. Maybe.

<3

Ta daaaa

submitted by /u/golemwright
[link] [comments]

How many bears does it take to Bearbow?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 07:12 PM PDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMBGUD16I-Y

PS. ANET needs to make bear shoes, coats, and gloves... maybe a bear outfit too?

submitted by /u/kiwituatara
[link] [comments]

Mystic Forge Update: Precursors Can No Longer Be Accidentally Destroyed

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 01:05 AM PDT

Your 3 Favorite Dyes... Go!

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 04:50 PM PDT

[Art] I made a drawing of my Asura

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 09:17 AM PDT

Got a BL key from login rewards today. BL chest gave me a Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock...

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 10:35 PM PDT

Ghastly Grinning Shield.

I guess I gotta use this thing now! Any recommended scepters to match with it? Edit: I picked up the Fused scepter skin to go with it. Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

submitted by /u/Gayest_Charr_Ever
[link] [comments]

Ele might need a new Voice-over...

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 09:40 AM PDT

"Feel the fires of Balthazar!" might be inappropriate... :-)

submitted by /u/wolfgangbures
[link] [comments]

[Fluff] We all know JP's need a title, this is my suggestion.

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 07:41 PM PDT

[Gem Store] Salvager's Supplies Is Available Right Now For 2 Days!

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 11:46 AM PDT

Just wondering, what are your reasons to block people?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 07:54 AM PDT

Long story short, had to deal with an elitist elementalist flaming the whole way through 100 cm while also spawning Hallucinations at siax and making other fights hell by vomiting on others just to get his overloads into range. Then he left the group with the line 'I will remember your tag as absolute trash'.

Since he is one of the few ppl now on my blocklist, i wanted to ask: what are the people on your blocklists, and why are they there? Might be helpful with putting stuff into relations and serve for some good chuckles in the process. Thank you in advance.

Edit: Well, that thread escalated quickly, thanks for all the perspectives. You would not believe what kind of stuff happens sometimes.

submitted by /u/Calibria19
[link] [comments]

Communication in sPvP

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 06:59 PM PDT

Hey, im fairly new to pvp, just started playing in ranked (solo queue). I got frustrated by unranked because I never found a team that took the game at least a little serious, so i started ranked. Since the whole point of this mode is to win as much as you can and increase your rank by playing in a team I am left wondering how does one communicate with team mates? Why do some people not even try to write a single helpful thing or ping a location on the map during the entire game? Why even bother playing this mode if every match is basically just rng on getting a team that can actually understand/produce written word?

Appologies if this sounds like a rant, i just want some answers.

submitted by /u/CyberHudzo
[link] [comments]

Just started doing Fractals and would like to thank the players of Guild Wars 2 for being such an awesome community!

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 06:35 AM PDT

[Spoiler] A small detail I noticed in the Trailer for Episode 6

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 12:59 PM PDT

They put these shots in the Trailer where you see some player characters wield their weapons but at this specific shot you see Mesmer Illusions in the background and they are holding a Longbow. It made me wonder because i've never seen a NPC holding a weapon that players couldn't use with the same class. http://imgur.com/a/UOlOF

submitted by /u/r3dp4w
[link] [comments]

Future of Fractals?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 03:50 PM PDT

So with the announcement of episode 6 also came that little teaser trailer for a new fractal. Now as hyped as I am for more fractals the question that has been bugging me for a while is how will future fractals be added to the roster of 100 levels that we have now?

Will each fractal eventually have just two or three levels in a tier? Or will we have more tiers added to fractals? But that doesn't really seem to work that well because we only have a certain amount of Infusions slots for agony. How will they address this or am I just making a problem out of nothing?

But whatever they do I just hope this fractal has another Challenge mote like Nightmare did.

submitted by /u/Cube_Defied
[link] [comments]

Is condi tempest viable in PvP and WvW?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 04:54 PM PDT

It just struck me that it's been a Long while since I seen a condi tempest in game!

The ones I meet are either power or minstrels.

submitted by /u/EremiteAngel
[link] [comments]

rifle warrior roaming vid in wvw

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 08:17 PM PDT

https://youtu.be/-cYZ6liaObw

just a fun video i made hope some folks would enjoy it!

submitted by /u/DiabloSinz
[link] [comments]

Viper's Insignia from Salvaging Exotic?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 07:27 PM PDT

Can I get the viper's insignia from salvaging an exotic armor with viper's stats?

submitted by /u/kmtan181
[link] [comments]

Trading items with friends

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 07:16 PM PDT

I just started a few days ago and only have a free account. GW2 is pretty fun so far, but it saddens me that basic trading isn't in the game. Also fast traveling everywhere is kind of lame, wish we had mounts or something. Is there any way to increase stamina so I can at least roll some more or something? Getting wings at level 80 seems fun so I have that to look forward to.

But anyways, say that I purchase the full game, but my friend only has the free version. With the full game, I know I can attach items and gold via the mail system. Does he have to have the full game too in order to receive the items? Or can he still receive the items that I send with the free version?

TLDR: say I have the full version of the game. He has the free version. I find a sword that he can use. Trading with friends is so much fun and is in every basic MMO except guild wars it seems, but I use the mail system and send it to him. Is this possible?

submitted by /u/whywhywhys
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.