Civilization - Found my old manual to Alpha Centauri


Found my old manual to Alpha Centauri

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 02:00 PM PDT

Just won my first Deity game as Babylon

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 10:05 AM PDT

Theodora was 15 turns away from a cultural victory. Thankfully, a GE spawned exactly when I needed it and I rushed the Great Firewall with it. Thank you, Great Firewall. I will never say you are useless ever again. I bought up the remaining boosters and won a scientific victory.

submitted by /u/Duodenum_Ileum
[link] [comments]

Watching early 90's thriller "Sliver" when I see this poster...

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 01:41 PM PDT

Does anyone know if the EUI mod can somehow bundle all these "citizen born" and "city yields" in a single notification like the city state updates?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 07:49 AM PDT

Fireaxis need to comment on Cross platform play.

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 05:48 AM PDT

On Aspyr's FAQ page, they originally promised cross platform play within 60 days after the mac release. This has since been removed and replaced with an apology and that they ran out of time implementing it for the Spring update. The game was advertised stating that Mac and PC cross platform play would be "Out of sync" as updates came to PC and then were ported to OSX. Here is the direct quote.

*Please note that cross-platform multiplayer with Windows PC may not always be available, including at time of launch. There may be times when the Windows PC version of the game receives an update prior to the version of the game; this will prohibit Mac players from playing with Windows PC players. Once the version of Civilization: VI receives the same update, cross-platform multiplayer with Windows PC will be re-enabled.

However, the reality is that it was never completed, and seemingly is nowhere close to completion. While Aspyr haven't really lied, they've been very misleading regards to how close we are to getting Cross platform play, a really key feature for a lot of people who bought this game for multiplayer reasons.

The developer Steam thread now has Aspyr devs shoving some of the blame onto Fireaxis, as they need to work in unison for this feature.

rather we need collaboration and testing alongside Firaxis/2K.

We're 270 days gone without X-platform play. 210 days overdue. Due to the nature of this game, I told my friends to play single player to practice until we could play together. While they enjoyed it, they've only gotten 15~ hours worth of playtime from their 60 dollar purchase. They've exceeded the Steam refund policy limits.

Aspyr won't give any, so please Fireaxis, can we get some answers?

Here's the steam thread, it's been quite heated for awhile now. I understand it's a difficult feature to implement, but I just want some transparency. Every release date given by Aspyr has sailed on by, with only a promise that they tried. Civ VI is one of the most solid vanilla Civ games we've ever gotten, but this has been a massive pain and disappointment.

submitted by /u/AndyM03
[link] [comments]

Give me your #1 tip for playing VI

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 04:34 AM PDT

I've always been a filthy casual. Never fully grokked the strategy of games, but after finding /r/TwilightStruggle and devoting the time to git gud, I find myself wanting to improve at Civ as well. What's the #1 piece of advice you'd give someone wanting to level up?

submitted by /u/Not_A_Nazgul
[link] [comments]

do we got any news from fireaxis for a upcoming summer patch? i wasnt on this subreddit for a long time [dont upvote]

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 03:03 PM PDT

Enrico Dandalo is taking his commitment to only puppet cities a bit too seriously

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 11:55 PM PDT

Would anyone be interested in a remastered Civ 1?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 02:19 PM PDT

I'll be perfectly honest - the recent Civs leave me cold. The game was already long and complex enough in its earlier incarnations...just enough, in my opinion, to be understandable but fun.

There's a design philosophy that says that when you iterate over a complex design, for every new mechanic you add, you need to remove an old one. Otherwise the overall game gets too complex.

Civ 1 had unit management, city management, the tech tree and the gold/research/luxury split. I don't think there's anyone here who can deny that it was a GREAT design.

Civ 2 prettified things up, made the game Windows-compatible, remixed the tech tree, switched to an isometric view (which I loathed) and rejiggered the combat so that pikemen could no longer defeat battleships. But it didn't add any new mechanics and didn't remove any previous ones. And the best part? You could turn all the improvements off and play the game as if it were Civ 1!

Civ 3 added culture and culture flipping - its only new mechanic, but a welcome one. It gave pacifist players a new way to play and also made games slightly more historically accurate. It also had (in my opinion) the best tools for civ management, with the Domestic Advisor screen quickly and easily showing you why you're losing 13 gold a turn and what you can do about it. Because of this, I felt that even though Civ 3 added a mechanic without taking any away, it was still a successful design.

And then Civ 4 added Great People AND religions AND civics AND changed things so you couldn't enter enemy territory without declaring war, without removing ANY of the previous mechanics. This was when I felt the game was becoming too complex. It's also when people really started complaining about the AI. Correlation, perhaps?

And then Civ 5 added even more complexity with city-states, switched to a hex grid and only allowed one unit per tile, ensuring that my entire army would be constantly tripping over itself...again, without removing ANY of the previous mechanics.

Needless to say, I long for the days Civ 1, 2 and 3. But these games are old, hard to get running and prone to crashing. Civ 2 and 3 are also isometric, which annoys me. They all could also do with a polish update.

So I'm wondering. Is there anyone out there who would like to see remastered versions of the earlier Civs? I know that they almost certainly won't happen, but I've seriously debated trying to make a "Civ 1" mod for Civ 4. That would become a huge project requiring a ton of work...but I might be willing to do if other people were interested in such a project.

Or am I just an old fuddy-duddy who's complaining that they changed Civ, so now it sucks?

submitted by /u/ViridianGames
[link] [comments]

What is each AI's personality?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 12:06 PM PDT

I've seen a ton of posts over my time on this sub that I know that a lot of people hate the AI for its personality/schizophrenic nature. My problem is that I don't really have much trouble with an AI. I also barely know anything about their personality. Can someone inform of their rough personality?

I know the following: Gorgo gets pissy for no war, same with Alexander Pedro gets pissy about great people China gets mad if you build one wonder Gandhi loves nukes Mvemba wants your religion as fast as possible Harold loves navies

submitted by /u/anone8
[link] [comments]

Civilization Vl Australia Piano Arrangement Synthesia

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 06:55 AM PDT

Here is my piano arrangement of the Australia Theme, its mainly based on the Industrial and Atomic themes from the game with the key in D major and then F major.

https://youtu.be/GL_ggWJFJy8

Also my other arrangements from the game

Kongo: https://youtu.be/ER7i9oYX7Sg

America: https://youtu.be/UA3VK4DLTk0

submitted by /u/Brodown45
[link] [comments]

[Civ VI] Is there any way to enable the wonder animations in hotseat?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 04:20 PM PDT

Is there a way to enable these in hotseat mode? I'm talking about the animation that plays when you complete a wonder.

submitted by /u/AlustrielSilvermoon
[link] [comments]

Met a buddy on the plane today!

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 08:00 PM PDT

VC&G | » ‘The History of Civilization’ Updates, 10 Years Later

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 07:02 PM PDT

My scouts, on automation, keep exploring in the same direction and marching right into the hands of barbarians, like a bunch of sheep.

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 06:48 PM PDT

I am clearing out the Western part of the map from Barbarians, yet the scouts keep fleeting to the East. Both parts of the map are equally unexplored. How do I stop them, other than manually directing them Westward? I'm in the Middle Ages as India. Edit: Sorry lol, I'm in Civ5.

submitted by /u/Desperate_Monarch
[link] [comments]

[Civ IV] How do you research your tech?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 09:03 AM PDT

Do you prefer to beeline to your preferred tech(combustion, flight, etc) to get a boost, or do you follow a "realistic path"?

submitted by /u/casualassassin
[link] [comments]

Civ V load game always crashes.

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 05:45 PM PDT

I'm guessing this has to do with cloud saves. if so please help me delete them.

submitted by /u/somebody_forgotten
[link] [comments]

Civ 5 starting to crash.

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 10:09 AM PDT

I've had all my settings set to medium except for texture quality which is high. I've kept them like this for months and had no problems. However, outta nowhere civ 5 crashes every game around turn 40-44. I load the game back up with the same settings and can only play 2 more turns till it crashes. I haven't done anything else with my laptop recently to hinder the performance and I can run games like civ 5 with no hassle. It's a year old laptop and don't know why it keeps crashing. Any help will be great appreciated. Thanks.

submitted by /u/DankNormieKiller
[link] [comments]

[Civ VI] Tile management for first few turns?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 12:20 PM PDT

I was curious as to what the general consensus was on the best opening tile management. Is a 4 food tile considered better than a 2 food 2 production tile so that both tiles are workable in a few turns, or is the earlier scout considered better for more tribal villages. Where does a 3 food 2 production tile compare to a 2 food 3 production, or a 1 food 4 production (I play with the resourceful mod)? I feel like I understand how to manage 3+ citizens, but I was just curious as to opinions of the first few turns.

submitted by /u/Jilluck
[link] [comments]

How do you get civ 6 modding stuff.

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 11:14 AM PDT

How do you get the softwares required to mod civ 6? Not asking for a tutorial on how to mod just need the software

submitted by /u/Turtle_Dude423
[link] [comments]

Ideas for a Civ V themed tattoo?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 12:50 PM PDT

So I am considering getting a civ 5 themed tattoo. I am male and it should be a rather small tattoo on my back, between or on the shoulderblades. It should maybe be like a small icon like the ones from social policies or city states. So far I was kind of interested in the steering wheel from maritime city states but I am still looking for ideas.

Nothing is set in stone anyways. Maybe I'll ditch the idea afterwards, this is just for brainstorming

submitted by /u/Peter_Zwegat
[link] [comments]

CIV 5 for MAC

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 12:40 PM PDT

What do I need to run CIV 5 for my MAC Book Pro? Do i need to download bootcamp to make it work? I'm a little confused at the whole process but really want to play the game, so I was wondering how I could accomplish this. Thanks guys!

submitted by /u/goalieman814
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.