RimWorld A maddened turtle appears.


A maddened turtle appears.

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 08:49 AM PDT

when your colony is failing horribly

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 10:05 PM PDT

This sequence of events describe rimworld perfectly

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 04:39 PM PDT

Mom said it's my turn on the Rimworld

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:19 AM PDT

I didn't know domestic abuse was an animal taming technique, no wonder they attack you sometimes

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 03:38 PM PDT

Cody is such an asshole. Seriously.

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 02:51 PM PDT

You know Cody, right? That douchebag who thinks he's sooooo cool with his lizardskin cowboy hat and bluefir duster? Calls himself the "alpaca whisperer"?

So he's been out prospecting for a few days, and apparently ran out of silver ore. Gets this bright idea. He's going to tame an alpaca, to try to get a mate for Elsie. I was off looking at some new mineral deposits when I hear the panic alarm go off.

I get back to town, and there's Cody being chased by 8 or 10 alpacas. Yeah, whisper this, mfer.

I run to get Erel, the town Doctor, but he's down with a bad case of asthma. Jopet runs to take care of Doc, so me and Glasgow have to figure out what to do about the Alpacalypse Cody's got going on outside of town. Glasgow's got this tiny bow that wouldn't kill an alpaca unless it swallowed it somehow, but he says he'll hold them off while I carry Cody to the sickroom.

I get halfway there, and am ambushed by another pissed off goat having a bad hair day, and down I go. Just then, Glasgow starts yelling for help.

Jopet manages to get Glasgow into the only remaining bed in the sickroom, but gets taken out on his way to get me. So Doc, barely able to breathe, has to haul my ass to the bed he was in.

We locked all the doors. Everybody was hurt. Doc won't stay in his bed, and winds up needing to be hauled back to the sickroom every time he tries to bandage up anything.

We're stuck like that for two days, everyone who even knows how to spell "doc" is taking their turn dragging their ass out of bed, while an army of murderous ovines are trying to find a way in to kill us all.

Eventually, Lissa and Tom come back from up north. Tom's OK with a bandage, so he gets right to work while Lissa starts the stove going.

Sure enough. Next thing, I see Cody out hunting boars -- Glasgow forgot he'd let Cody hold the rifle. Cody -- SOOO good with animals, mind you, now has four or five bacon factories trying to eat his eyes out.

As Tom goes out to pull him away, Lissa says -- now get this. Lissa -- who mind you is literally incapable of violence -- says "I'm about ready to shoot that bastard myself."

submitted by /u/taterbizkit
[link] [comments]

The allied caravan using my defenses is cute

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 06:24 PM PDT

100 pawns! I started this base with the first 1.0 devbuild.

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 06:03 AM PDT

TIFU: by thinking that giving all my colonists combat labradors was a good idea

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:35 AM PDT

I made a new campaign after a long break (still haven't completed the game once) and I had 6 people and all of them had decent animal skill (completely by chance). Randy decided to throw a pack of labs at me, tame ones.

So I thought "Hey labs/pets make my people happy, AND I can use them in combat as meat shields!" so I thought this was a fantastic idea.

Raid ensued and all the dogs ran to the front line aaand... they're gone. I'm like "No biggie, made that raid easier anyway". Well turned out one of my people mental breaked from this, and I had my other colonists on "fire at will" (because I hate random colonists dying in the wild if they don't fight back by default). So as he mental breaked into a rage my other colonists killed him before I had time to act. Turns out Sam killed his own lover, so now he is even more pissed and everyone is bitching because their dogs died. A manhunter pack comes at me and Skye is walking around in a daze, dies. The other guys break too and I was left with 1 person alive which was a prisoner I converted. So I gave up the game.

TL;DR: Thought using labs as pets to boost mood + having them as combat pets on ALL my settlers was a good idea. Chain mental breaked me to extinction.

submitted by /u/Ouroboros612
[link] [comments]

Suddenly it all makes sense...

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 09:24 AM PDT

Sounds like my kinda town.

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 06:07 PM PDT

Fix: recent 1.0 update broke Electricity research/Power structures

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 02:58 PM PDT

Today the research costs for crucial key technologies were changed. Among others, Electricity was upped by 400 research points from 1200 to 1600, reverting it to "not researched" and rendering any dependent research non-available. This resulted in a lot of confused posts about "empty Power tabs" or similar.

To fix this, either research the Electricity tech again (only the newly added research points need to be researched) or enter dev mode and debug insta-finish the Electricity research. All dependent techs will subsequently become available again.

submitted by /u/atomic_venganza
[link] [comments]

Probably in the wrong line of work

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 12:15 PM PDT

I've been ambushed by terrible creatures while out looking for a AI persona

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 10:55 PM PDT

Ancient Danger

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 09:18 PM PDT

Interesting way to charm someone

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 09:37 AM PDT

Is doormat mod OP?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:03 PM PDT

The doormats collect all of the dirt and don't even slow down colonists. Whereas in real life you'd need to spend some time wiping your shoes. And even then some is bound to remain. What do you think?

Update: I found how to change movement speed penalty. Increased pathCost from 20 to 40 and it feels more realistic now.

Now does anyone know how to make dirt collection a chance rather than a certainty?

submitted by /u/Progressive_Tea_Pot
[link] [comments]

UHMMMMMMMM

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 08:44 PM PDT

Just rescued this guy, is he worth keeping alive?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 10:23 PM PDT

Question: What're your go-to materials for base building? Wood, marble, steel, etc

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 06:25 PM PDT

What traits almost guarantee you'll try to recruit someone?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:06 AM PDT

In contrast to https://redd.it/8xyuvl - what traits do you consider to be an instant-positive on decision to recruit?

For me, trigger happy is one of my most desirable traits. Either with or without shooting skill they're useful - high skill means they become snipers, low makes them minigunners.

submitted by /u/SwashBlade
[link] [comments]

i think rimworld is trying to tell me something

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 04:21 PM PDT

How fucked am I?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 01:04 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.