Halo - Halo Championship Series - HCS New Orleans 2018 Preview


Halo Championship Series - HCS New Orleans 2018 Preview

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 10:03 AM PDT

After countless attempts, I've finally mastered the art of grenade jumping.

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 01:15 PM PDT

Seeing the Marine in the Infinite trailer brought me back to this

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 04:22 PM PDT

Ruthless

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 12:49 PM PDT

I hope the Mountain Dew emblem from Halo 2 makes it in MCC

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 03:01 PM PDT

Thought I'd share my collection as well :)

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 03:39 AM PDT

As horrible as the mcc was at launch, you got to admit it had one of the most badass trailers

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:17 AM PDT

Believe

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:07 PM PDT

Flood tentacle/hand in the Halo: Infinite trailer? (Bottom left)

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 11:28 AM PDT

Halo 3 Terminal IRL

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 03:42 AM PDT

Not the biggest collection, but one I’m proud of

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 10:31 PM PDT

Picked up Halo Reach today.... Just lost our second spartan

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 05:17 PM PDT

How stupid could you possibly be.

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:04 PM PDT

Just taking a break from reading Halo Evolutions to point out that the Gravemind would be the best freestyle rapper in the galaxy.

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 11:14 PM PDT

Something I think about when playing Reach's campaign.

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 10:34 PM PDT

Reach has some great cinematography. We get a lot of footage from mounted cameras, helmet cameras, aerial shots, the works. But there's one scene that got me curious.

On Nightfall in the intro cutscene we see Jun and Noble 6 on the side of a cliff. The camera follows behind them and Noble 6 climbs over a boulder. Instead of floating upwards to avoid the boulder, the camera also climbs over the boulder, like it's being held by a cameraman. When Noble 6 steps over a gap in the rocks, the cameraman does the same, looking down as though he's afraid of falling. There's also some camera shake and tilting throughout the scene, and we get a sense of how precarious the ledge is and how high up the characters are.

So who's holding the camera?

This camera has legs and can interact with the environment, it looks like a POV. It could be a Marine with a helmet cam and the HUD turned off. Or maybe a war journalist hanging back with Jun. Something to that effect. The cutscene at the end of the mission, while a bit shaky, doesn't really strike me as a POV since it floats up and keeps going forward a bit.

I don't really expect someone to be like "Actually it was Special Agent Dingaling Doofenschmirtz, taping the mission for the UNSC, because, uh, the helmet cams weren't good enough". I don't expect a dev to read this and go "Huh, war journalist, that's a good idea Mr. Radical17, let's make a comic about it and put it in a Lootcrate or something!" Nah. I just thought it was interesting that they used a POV shot when no one was behind them.

Maybe it should have been Noble 6's POV. Or maybe the developers thought it felt weird to basically do that entire scene in POV with no establishing shot of our characters, so they kept the POV camera track of Noble 6 stepping over stuff and looking down, then put 6's body in front of his own POV, hence the "character" walking behind them. It's a cool shot, and I like the realistic, vulnerable feeling they're going for up on the rocks, even if it does create a cameraman's ghost.

submitted by /u/Tesseradical17
[link] [comments]

Worst halo lines to use in bed?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:15 PM PDT

Mine: "Tartarus has locked himself in the control room."

submitted by /u/aor2no
[link] [comments]

Fired up Halo 5 after not playing for over 2 years

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 08:39 AM PDT

Due to college and life getting in the way, I didn't have xbox live gold for quite a long time, and I hadn't even touched halo 5 since probably November of 2015. I played through the campaign once (was severely underwhelmed) and I played a bit of multiplayer (which was fun) until the free gold trial that came with the game ran out.

After spending some time on this subreddit, I decided to renew my gold subscription now that I have a break from college. And I have to say, 343 really created a good multiplayer game. It definitely has its issues which I won't get into here, but I've had so much fun. Super Fiesta is a blast, H5 has so many weapons and it's fun figuring out the best strategies to use all of them. Elimination is super fun and is probably my favorite competitive Halo game mode. They're constantly updating the playlists and keeping things fresh. Halo 3 classic worked surprisingly well and there were so many creative maps and game modes in action sack. Even though I'm not a fan of how the req packs and unlocks were handled, Warzone is still a pretty cool game mode, and I find myself playing that more than normal BTB.

If you haven't played H5 in a while, or if you haven't tried it yet, I really recommend it. I never have issues finding a game in any playlist and it's just a really crisp and fun to play game.

submitted by /u/HammerheadLincoln
[link] [comments]

Noble Team by BaileyJIII

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 04:10 PM PDT

What I Think 343 Should Do With MCC In The Future

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:11 PM PDT

MCC had a very rough launch. With its constant problems surrounding multiplayer and it's bugs.

343 is finally fixing these issues, and that's great! Refining the playlists, having the insider program, giving more options, and adding XB1x support is amazing things. However, I think there's a few other things they should do to get the MCC back on track and to repopulate it.

  1. A PC RELEASE

I know many may appose this, and I know many will say "Xbox doesn't have enough exclusives already," but keep in mind, Halo started out on Xbox AND PC. And ever since Halo 2, PC has been left in the dust. I think the MCC is a great addition to Windows 10. Cross-Play should also be an OPTION, not a forced feature.

  1. ADD REACH!

I think I speak for everyone who says that Reach deserves to be added. It's the only FPS Halo game to not get the 60fps/1080p treatment on Xbox One. I understand it takes possibly a lot of resources to add it, but I think that sometime in the future it should be added along with its multiplayer.

  1. FILE SHARE SEARCH

Something MCC is lacking, is proper file share options. It's difficult to find custom games and to find custom maps and I think that a file search should be added in some way.

submitted by /u/SorestKiller777
[link] [comments]

I hope one day 343 talks about what went wrong with H5

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 09:48 AM PDT

Okay, so way back when, Halo 2 came out. Unfortunately, Bungie later states that they had to make a lot of cuts with Halo 2 and were overall dissappointed with what Halo 2 turned out to be. At the time, I did not understand what they were disappointed about - I really enjoyed halo 2 and thought it was great; however, I was also younger and was playing co-op so I did not ever notice any negatives if they were there.

Years later, I played through Halo 2 the master chief collection and realized how crappy Halo 2 can be: Copy and pasted hallway segments and areas to extend playtime clearly represent rushed development and cut features, gameplay is not balanced with literally being the worst in the series of enemies just randomly spawning behind you and killing you aka the game is horribly balanced, and the last two missions are short as heck. Basically, I noticed how messy a game Halo 2.

I hope one day 343 reveals what happened with Halo 5. I think they made a good Halo and the story is okay but clearly something went wrong during development. Also, it was pretty crappy to put advertisements for Halo 5 that thematically had no relationship to what Halo 5's story was.

submitted by /u/muninnmemory
[link] [comments]

Halo 2 Music on Halo 5

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 01:51 PM PDT

Twin Chiefs

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:43 PM PDT

This is my collection! :)

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 09:55 AM PDT

Why is Halo’s enemy AI so smart but the teammate AI is so dumb?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 08:46 AM PDT

I'm going through Spartan Ops on Legendary right now and from my constant play throughs of Halo 4 and 5 I started seeing how smart the enemy AI are. The fuckers have extreme accuracy and know exactly where you are at all times, but for some reason the ally AI is so dumb. Why is that?

submitted by /u/Merciful_Doom
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.