Guild Wars 2 - Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 14, 2018 |
- Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 14, 2018
- Why are players so worried about what classes people play in raids when these classes are almost never needed at their fullest potential to succeed in raids?
- 24 and 28 bags are still soulbound. We should be able to make them accountbound like 32 one.
- I'm going to have to ask for a second opinion on that, Doc.
- Domain of Kourna: Renowned Hearts Tips!
- Cleansing Wave (Ele water trait) no longer removes condition from self [BUG]
- A Dynamic Duo Like No Other
- My First Week in WvW (Send help I'm addicted)
- The wiki now has a full transcript of the hour-long "Long Live the Lich" developer interview
- Ever want to try a new race but keep getting pulled back to the race you usually play?
- Send help
- All Sunspear Caches in Domain of Istan
- Won my first tournament :)
- Most critical issues with Guild Wars 2 in its current state?
- Ultimate Revenant PvP Guide
- How do people make this charr's face/fur combination?
- Just a thought
- How is Gw2 running on the new ryzen processors?
- Initial C: Second Stage
- The #GuildWars2 fanzine WintersdayZine 2018
- Should I Play GW2?
- So Samarog was acting a little strange during one of our training pulls...
- How do you get into fractals?
- What's causing this effect?
- Deimos melee groups these days
- Need build help - Scepter Tempest/Weaver
| Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 14, 2018 Posted: 14 Jul 2018 06:08 AM PDT This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed. Resources: Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 05:04 PM PDT I have fought and killed endless bosses as a Druid, and I have ARCDPS up all the time so I can watch who's pulling their weight. I rarely command groups as I can't deal with managing everyone. Very often, I see players getting kicked for picking the wrong DPS class, for example Power Reapers. My issue with this practice is so: I have done many full clears of each wing, most of the time with no issue. RARELY have I EVER seen a group utilize characters to their maximum potential, that is DPS characters always getting their now advertised up to 34K+ DPS. There have been definitely some runs that had failed which would have worked if every DPS pulled 30K+, but most of the time when a run fails its more so mechanics failed (Slothasor mushrooms, Managing oil with Deimos etc.) than a lack of damage. I'm confused as to why people are so concerned when someone doesn't play the most META class when in reality, all you need to beat most bosses comfortably is 110-120K DPS which can be reached by each DPS character only reaching up to 15-20K DPS at most points in the fight. If you were a member of qT or SC, I could understand the min/maxing that comes with characters DPS because you go for speed runs or perfect runs, but if you're pugging or just casually raiding I think that the strict mindset of meta only builds is an excuse to make up for players making mechanical mistakes in the fight. It's just in the end easier to say, "We lost because X was playing Reaper instead of Elementalist." Instead of saying "We would have won if we coordinated better to get the Samarog targets to overlap faster." EDIT: I would like to put this message I wrote for someone in the post, if there are any players who seem to be on the fence about raiding or have had bad experiences due to a toxic elitist environment, there are some clans who I think would be a good fit. Do know that I'm posting this without explicit permission from the leaders of these clans, I've simply seen them as an outsider and think that they are a good starting point for beginners/a friendly looking environment for veterans. Raider's Inn: It's a training guild. If you want like.. perfect speedruns I don't know if you'll get that here for sure. However they always came across as being extremely friendly to all types of players, and if you want to be able to teach others as well as learn yourself I'd recommend them 100%. I've had a personal GREAT experience with these guys, I joined a few of their runs and the trainers they have are just amazing: https://discordapp.com/invite/RQEGHm8 Xunlai Heroic Service Agents: Comment from someone in XHSA: "Hey, being from XHSA, I will say (while we're not as strict on profession choices as others), that sometimes class does matter and up to a point. We actually do have some requirements in that department, but they aren't super strict and are mostly for starters. Generally if you can show good dps/competency on a class that matches/keeps up with your group it's not really a huge deal unless a class is needed that fills a specific role. (side note on the guild, their humor is very open in some areas, which might not be welcome to some people) We're not one to really censor people within the guild unless they're attacking other people, and we frown upon people making an ass out of themselves publicly by being disrespectful and attacking others, guild or not. However our sense of humor does not appeal to everyone (as senses of humors often go), so if you're someone who gets offended by furry jokes and duck dicks it is 100% not the place for you. We're mostly adults in our mid-20s to early 30s and we come here to relax, not be policed." CNMR - Chill Non Meta Raiders: https://www.reddit.com/r/guildrecruitment/comments/8vpmpw/eu_raidcnmr_chill_non_meta_raiders_raid_training/?st=jjm756e2&sh=19957f85 these guys seem to be exactly what you need. A raiding guild with no reqs at all. They have training but they also have serious raids. Romanwood Freelancers: Kind of a reach considering the post is a year old, but you could give the officers a PM which are at the bottom of the post. This seems like another great raiding guild that has no reqs and a friendly environment. https://www.reddit.com/r/guildrecruitment/comments/6erdjf/napvxraids_rowanwood_freelancers_rf_maxed_level/?st=jjm77xpb&sh=918fbc5e [link] [comments] | ||
| 24 and 28 bags are still soulbound. We should be able to make them accountbound like 32 one. Posted: 14 Jul 2018 06:12 AM PDT Can we finally get some consistency in bags. 24 and 28 bags are soulbound after using. If someone use them on character without 500 crafting upgrading them is very hard (leveling crafting again to 500 on that alt). Being able to have some sort of progress with increasing bags size will be nice. Now it is 20 or 32 nothing between if someone dont want to be stuck with 24 or 28 if that alt dont have crafting. [link] [comments] | ||
| I'm going to have to ask for a second opinion on that, Doc. Posted: 14 Jul 2018 06:14 PM PDT
| ||
| Domain of Kourna: Renowned Hearts Tips! Posted: 14 Jul 2018 11:58 AM PDT Howdy! So like many others, I have been farming the Renowned Hearts in the Domain of Kourna. If you do not already know, after completing a heart you can purchase Bundle of Inscribed Shards, which gives you 5 Inscribed Shards. These can be farmed once per day per toon. I constantly see people doing these hearts the most inefficient way possible, so I decided to write this little guide to help people save some time and headache! Most of this info can be found out on our wonderful wiki, but I thought I would do a quick summary.
This one is pretty simple but often overlooked. Next to the heart NPC and Lord Faren is a box filled with corsair supplies (not to be confused with the supplies needed for another heart). Interact with the box and you get a backpack to carry, all you need to do is hop on your Griffon/Raptor and drop them off to the northeast of town. (You cannot way-point with the backpack on). Do this 5-6 times and you're done! This is a lot easier than gathering tasteless roots and dodging Ibolga, the Awakened Spies are also sometimes hard to track down.
This is the easiest heart of the bunch and probably doesn't need an explanation. There are some messages in a bottle scattered by the water, gather them all up and drop them off to the NPC in the tent next to the heart. Then take the corsair supplies near the heart/waterfront, jump on a raptor and load them into the cannons at Corsair Cannons POI, rinse and repeat.
Ok, so this one I see the most people messing up on. Here you are supposed to burn infected crops ONLY, instead I see people going all pyromaniac and burning the entire place to the ground... Smokey Bear would be ashamed. All you need to do is take a torch from the campfire and carefully burn the INFECTED crops, the easiest way you can tell they are infected is that you can see scarabs flying around them and it has a hearth bar. As an added bonus of doing it this way, see the achievement Debbie's Cake. Hitting all the infected crops will give you around 75% of the heart, the rest you can finish up by killing rats for meat and turning them into the NPC by the heart vendor. There are Joko statues that you can destroy as well, but they are very small and do not show as an interactive object until you are right on top of them, so don't even bother.
This is mostly up to preference. You can either run around the Bayou killing Fireflies and repairing Heket markers, or you can go to the Dabiji Hollows Inquest cave at Pogahn Bluffs Proving Ground and free captured Heket by interacting with the panels on the jail cells. I personally like freeing the Heket and killing inquest between their respawn, both the Heket and Inquest respawn pretty quickly.
Tell me again why Rytlock is a heart vendor? This one is pretty straightforward, doing almost any event in the Front Line will progress this heart, the fastest way I have found is doing the continuously spawning Scarab Events. If you try to run around the whole Front Line area for Scarab Events you will most likely end up missing them, since they go down pretty quickly. My strategy is just to stay in one small area, kill awakened and do the events as they spawn around me. Note: this one can take some time since a lot of people are doing these events for Petey.
That's it! Feel free to add any tips you have or correct me if I am wrong anywhere. Always remember to do the meta event in between doing the hearts since you get 5 extra Inscribed Shards each time. [link] [comments] | ||
| Cleansing Wave (Ele water trait) no longer removes condition from self [BUG] Posted: 14 Jul 2018 12:57 PM PDT It seems it no longer removes conditions from yourself. I'm not sure if it removes from allies. Is this an intended (Stealth?) nerf or a bug?! Anyone else has this Problem? Or was it like this since the beginning? [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 05:14 PM PDT
| ||
| My First Week in WvW (Send help I'm addicted) Posted: 14 Jul 2018 04:16 AM PDT
| ||
| The wiki now has a full transcript of the hour-long "Long Live the Lich" developer interview Posted: 14 Jul 2018 07:10 AM PDT | ||
| Ever want to try a new race but keep getting pulled back to the race you usually play? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 02:56 PM PDT Im trying out an asura after leveling 2( could be 3 or 4 if you count deleted toons from 4-5 years ago) humans to 80. It's interesting and the voice doesn't make me want to jump off a cliff, but I find myself missing the cursed human female meta mostly because nothing looks bad on them, and since warrior is a heavy armor class I can fit her in full plate and not have to actively hunt down modest pieces like i do for light armor, unlike asura who have everything almost completely unisex or masculine. I don't know i think I'm in too deep to find any other race enjoyable at this point, especially with the elonian face and hairstyles which are my favorites. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 13 Jul 2018 08:36 PM PDT
| ||
| All Sunspear Caches in Domain of Istan Posted: 14 Jul 2018 01:51 PM PDT I am by no means interesting to listen to but I thought I'd share my route to get all of the Sunspear Caches in the Domain of Istan. I've seen at least one static image that shows a route and there's probably a TaCO route too, but my route is one loop through the zone and I like to think it's pretty efficient. Hopefully it is useful for at least one other person! Enjoy! [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 13 Jul 2018 10:03 PM PDT
| ||
| Most critical issues with Guild Wars 2 in its current state? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 09:03 AM PDT I am wondering what people think are the main drawbacks or issues with GW2 right now? Would be interesting to see generally what people find lacking in their experience with GW2. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 06:08 AM PDT
| ||
| How do people make this charr's face/fur combination? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 11:42 AM PDT Hey all, I really want myself a Charr character after finishing my first level 80. I was looking around gw2 fashion whether I would like the heavy armor on a char (making a revenant). When I stumbled upon this absolute beauty. https://gw2style.com/look.php?id=8418 Wow. How did they make this charr look like this? (face + fur) ? They all look angry to me when I try to make one, and I have no idea how the sliders should be.. I'm so bad at this.. Is anyone a little better than me and has an idea how this was made? [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 01:28 AM PDT
| ||
| How is Gw2 running on the new ryzen processors? Posted: 14 Jul 2018 11:50 AM PDT Back story: So I'm about to finally purchase a new computer this autumn. Making my 10 (almost 11) year old IMac obselete. I'm thinking of going full AMD and Ofc gw2 will be the game I play 90% of the time. However it would be nice to try other mmos, and some FPSers. I know the computer market is somewhat bad right now regarding Amd cards. But since I'm not going the Nvidia way I can wait for new tech if needed. Question: anyone running a Ryzen build with an Amd card? And if so how is the performance? All advice is welcomed since as you can read I'm a PC scrub. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 01:28 PM PDT
| ||
| The #GuildWars2 fanzine WintersdayZine 2018 Posted: 14 Jul 2018 10:06 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 03:25 PM PDT Hello, I'm newer to mmorpgs but not super new, Ive played ESO and while I enjoyed the game I could'nt help but feel like it wasn't a full mmo experience, Ive really wanted to get into an mmo and GW2 seems like a good fit for me, however i'm not yet sure, if there's anything you can tell me to convince me then that'd be appreciated, thanks! Also as a side note I was wondering how hard the game is to get into, I know its 6 years old I think, and just wondering how hard it is to get into it for a new player. [link] [comments] | ||
| So Samarog was acting a little strange during one of our training pulls... Posted: 14 Jul 2018 02:34 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 09:06 AM PDT Is the LFG tool any good? How do you get groups, get geared, and get into the whole fractal system? Any advice is welcome! [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 14 Jul 2018 04:45 AM PDT
| ||
| Deimos melee groups these days Posted: 14 Jul 2018 12:49 PM PDT
| ||
| Need build help - Scepter Tempest/Weaver Posted: 14 Jul 2018 01:01 PM PDT Hey guys, I recently decided to switch mains from my guard (6 years old!) to a scepter ele. I'm absolutely loving it as the mobility is a lot better and skills faster. I also got a meteorlogicus and so I'm committed to using Sc. Currently, I'm running this build with Sc instead of Dagger: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Dagger/x_Fresh_Air. I have 2/6 ascended armour pieces done (Zojja). My question is, for open world and WvW roaming, is this the optimal scepter build currently or should I try a weaver build? I love the idea of a FA tempest ele with Meteorlogicus but if weaver is much higher damage then I will try that out as well. Currently, I don't seem to be doing as much damage as I thought I would. [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from /r/GuildWars2: Error. Roller Beetle not found.. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment