Guild Wars 2 - Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 09, 2017


Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 09, 2017

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 05:09 AM PST

This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

Resources:

Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

The best of Guild Wars 2 lfg!

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 10:22 AM PST

[Spoiler] Shrouded bench of the final judge

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 08:11 AM PST

Someone in my squad dropped it on Dhuum. :)

Quite fancy tbh

submitted by /u/Buff_Necro_2kxx
[link] [comments]

Guild Wars 2 Logo Copyright

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 05:08 PM PST

I've found a business in the town I work in that uses the Guild Wars 2 logo as their own. I've briefly looked into how to appropriately contact the GW2 team or ArenaNet about copyright/legal issues and I can't figure it out. It's all geared towards technical game problems and career inquiries. Could reddit help direct me?

submitted by /u/HemingwaysDrink
[link] [comments]

A slightly bigger but still small choya

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 09:52 AM PST

[Spoiler] A shower thought related to W5...

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 08:56 AM PST

The first guild to craft a Dhuum trophy has the first Dhuum statue in the history of Guild Wars.

submitted by /u/Teletric
[link] [comments]

Mini Joko i painted today

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 02:03 AM PST

Literally unplayable

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 06:26 AM PST

This game's support is great.

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 08:16 AM PST

I'm new and have been leveling a Mesmer as my main. I read, though, that it's a complicated class and I shouldn't be playing it as a new player. This frightened me a bit and I had a short lapse of judgement, and deleted him. I then made an Elementalist by the same name, but realized the Mesmer was really right for me. I contacted support and in three days they had restored the Mesmer, and left a smiley face in the email too.

Maybe that doesn't sound like much, but compared to my experience with support in other games, ArenaNet just won me over. Whoever it was that helped me out, thanks a ton, you guys are the real MVPs.

submitted by /u/Splashforce
[link] [comments]

Random Glider

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 03:21 PM PST

Wouldn't it be cool to add a feature like "Use Random Glider" so everytime we glide, a different glider appears?

submitted by /u/Ziklepmna
[link] [comments]

Kasmeer isn't right in the head

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 03:38 AM PST

Hunters of the Northernmost Snows

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 02:27 PM PST

When your raptor thinks that he is a glider.

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 03:08 PM PST

Recipe: Bountiful Maintenance Oil worth 25g available from Maguuma Wastes PSNA vendor

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 04:18 PM PST

3 Months after getting Dusk, finally got my grubby paws on Twilight!

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 06:52 PM PST

3 months ago I got my Dusk on my first mystic forge GS gambling...and now I finally crafted it into the lovely Twilight.

My Reaper is complete.

https://imgur.com/a/1PZAg

submitted by /u/EremiteAngel
[link] [comments]

My expectation for Best Griffon mount on Wintersday.

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 09:20 AM PST

When you expected that ranger to be druid

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 05:28 PM PST

Living World Season 4 Episode 1: Daybreak Soundtrack.

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 08:05 AM PST

I recorded 7 new tracks from the new map, story and fractal. I couldn't record a raid soundtrack, because I don't raid.

Since ArenaNet has 4 composers I don't know who created each track. The names are unofficial. :)

Living World Season 4 Episode 1: Daybreak Soundtrack

Enjoy!

PS: I've no words to describe how I admire the work of ANet's composers! It was a privilege to record these wonderful music pieces!

submitted by /u/auroraeleonora
[link] [comments]

Can we have a change to the lower fractal tiers difficulty please? :D

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 10:27 AM PST

So, a couple of days ago I've decided to help a friend doing some daily fractals T3 (since he doesn't have enough ascended yet for T4) and then he made me remember the awful truth - T3 is the ELO hell of fractals.

Basically, if you've been playing T4 for way too long, and you forgot: you can just headbutt your way all trough fractals T1 and T2 without learning any mechanics since all the mobs do low precentage damage, and once you reach T3, you can get 2-shot by mobs.

I think that the problem T3 have is that the tier is supposed to be for high level fractalers(verb?) with experience and knowledge about the mechanics, but since the fractals in the lower tiers are so easy, a-lot of people get to tier 3 without knowing what to do, and just trying doing the same stuff they did in fractals 1-2, which creates a terrifying tier which have pretty high difficulty, where some people don't have enough knowledge on what to do, and what to look out from.

now, I do believe that daily recommendations is a great way to bridge some of the core problem, but... as long as T1 and T2 won't have any real difficulties in them, I feel like T3 will always stay the same which is pretty frustrating for new players.

I think that T1 should be the same, maybe have T2 difficulty or something a bit lower, and T2 should really step up the game - maybe start throwing single mistlock instability with decreased damage or at-least make some enemy AOE's hit harder, so they will know what to watch it for in future fractals.

what do you guys think? :)

TL/DR: a little qq, Fractals tiers 1 and 2 are way too easy, which creates a influx of unexprienced people in T3 (fractal ELO hell), I think T1 and T2 should be a little bit harder

Edit: formmating :)

submitted by /u/TotalTakai
[link] [comments]

Something about Wardrobe Vault...

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 07:39 PM PST

For fashion. I need another tab for Wardrobe Storage that may include Aurora and all Upgrade Components that Anet has created for the game, tab under "Outfits".

It could not be very useful, but sometimes I wonder what my character would look like with certain upgrade components.

Do not include Winter's Presence and Nightfury, which can be seen at any time on Wardrobe Storage. That's different.

submitted by /u/Astromiss
[link] [comments]

Shootout to the devs for HoT

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 04:33 PM PST

I just finished HoT for the first time and it's is definitely one of the best expansions I have ever played. Being late to the part, I don't know how much it is different than when it first came out.

Some of he things I like:

  • Gliding - This mechanic makes it possible, to have such wonderful and different maps
  • Difficult - It is much harder than the base game, but the setting makes it so believable
  • Story - Although fighting another elder dragon it is so different than the original one

Some of the things I don't like

  • Hero Points - Basically none of them can be done alone
  • Overwhelming - The first time I was just lost, the maps can be very confusing

Can't wait to get my hands on LS3, PoF and LS4

submitted by /u/barbatos_08
[link] [comments]

DPS Golem Question

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 04:37 PM PST

Does anyone have any experience with the DPS golem in the Special Forces Training room turning to face you? I don't understand why it keeps looking my way when usually it just stayed facing the same way. It's making it hard to benchmark my, albeit silly, thief build with the trait that affects crits when flanking. Any veteran golem gurus out there know why this is happening or how I can fix it?

Things I have tried to pay attention to:

  • CC: I am making sure I am not CC'ing the golem at all, and even tried applying a defiance bar to combat this through random steal applications to no avail

  • distance: I have tried from almost inside its hitbox to 1500~ where the max range of the rifle is and distance change seems to be of no importance

  • starting location: I have tried starting behind it, using shadowstep/shadow flare to blink behind it after starting from side/front. No combination of the above helped.

Thank you ahead to any who can assist or also try to find out why this is happening.

submitted by /u/paravir1996
[link] [comments]

First identify unidentified gear?

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 12:35 PM PST

Should I first identify unidentified blue/green gear or can I straight salvage it? Does it make a difference?

submitted by /u/kintetsu
[link] [comments]

Discord Rich Presence

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 03:04 AM PST

Could we ever see it happening? Has someone made it already?

submitted by /u/Novacold
[link] [comments]

Fractal Grind - How Long?

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 08:02 AM PST

Arenanet brought us account bonuses in the form of fractal augmentations to grind in the fractals of the mist a.k.a. the relic sink. I was bored and calculated how long it takes until you get the currencies you need for it that are time gated.

Depending on interest I might look into how much it would cost or how many dailies you need to run to get all the currencies.

https://greenyneko.blogspot.de/2017/12/guild-wars-2-fractal-grind-how-long.html

Edit: Update: Alright wrote another blog post now on burning questions about how much more fractals you will need to run if you keep doing your dailies until you reach your time gated currencies. I focused on fractal relics here but also calculated the amount of agony infusions needed. Enjoy!

New blog post: https://greenyneko.blogspot.de/2017/12/update-guild-wars-2-fractal-grind-how.html

submitted by /u/GreenyNeko
[link] [comments]

This is why WvW is so much fun

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 12:11 AM PST

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53pxyv-NBB4

Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkiLaaTXSFU

Edit: And yes, this is the shit we do on a nightly basis.. lol

submitted by /u/Solovic
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.