Civilization - Civ VI Rise and Fall First Look: Korea


Civ VI Rise and Fall First Look: Korea

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 12:45 AM PST

6 UI Additions in Civ VI: Rise & Fall

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 08:01 AM PST

Reminder that CIV VI still doesn’t have cross platform play, even though it’s been out since October of 2016. Aspyr and 2K refuse to provide an ETA.

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 09:12 AM PST

Reactions to the choice of Korean Leader

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 01:34 PM PST

An interesting tidbit/teaser about the next civ to be announced... make of this what you will.

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 04:31 PM PST

Most people have seen City States capture other cities before, but how about an entire Civilisation?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 12:34 PM PST

What is the name of this painting? It was featured as a Great Work from Civ V, I can't find the title anywhere. Thanks!

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 11:27 AM PST

Civ VI Korea Video Just Dropped

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 11:56 PM PST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxLZ6Fe8vjY

Korean game news site ThisIsGame.com just posted a news about Korea civ. I think they broke the embargo since the video is kinda hidden to the public. Anyway, enjoy.

Copy-paste from my other comment: Silla's UU and UD has nothing to do with Silla/Queen Seondeok, so I'm somewhat disappointed. Her UA Hwarang is indeed a Silla thing, but Hwarang was a warrior group, basically a boy scout. So the actual boost doesn't match its name. I think they designed Korea as Joseon as usual, but changed it to Silla at the last minute.

Edit: a screenshot of the leader. Strong science focus with a bit of food and culture. Tied into the new Governor mechanism as well.

submitted by /u/tumnaselda
[link] [comments]

I'm waiting for my true start pangea map, Firaxis!

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 04:37 PM PST

Possibly the best A.I. canal city I've ever seen

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 02:50 AM PST

Yellow is different mountain heights have different snow levels and Blue is wind shear, small and insignificant but new

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 01:20 PM PST

look at this AI start . Should I attack it immediately?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 07:36 AM PST

I miss the "Enhance your palace" functionality from Civ III

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 10:45 AM PST

Need a mod to port this into Civ 6 !

submitted by /u/Markadia
[link] [comments]

Started with my warrior on top of another civ's settler. Easiest war ever?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 10:16 AM PST

r/civ is trending on reddit

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 01:53 AM PST

Does Civ VI's Minimap Annoy Anybody Else?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 01:25 PM PST

The minimap in Civ VI annoys me for some reason. It's just so ugly. The giant city squares, the fact that it shows owned water tiles, and the hexagonal looking borders make the minimap look really bad to me. I guess from a strategic standpoint it makes sense, but that's what strategic view is for! This might sound inhumanly petty, but the minimap in Civ VI is the reason why I have yet to buy it. If anyone knows of a mod or a fix or even rumors about Firaxis patching it out please let me know.

submitted by /u/Shack_McBlack
[link] [comments]

Is anyone else dissapointed with the earth map in CIV 6?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 07:20 AM PST

It's not the map it self I'm dissapointed in but the fact that you can't resize it or add leaders it's my favorite map but I don't feel like I can do much with it.

submitted by /u/Dr_appleman
[link] [comments]

Possible new resource or new terrain/texture

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 07:27 PM PST

Yo dawg, I heard you like national parks

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 03:57 AM PST

Now what am I supposed to do?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 04:30 PM PST

requiem for beyond earth

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 10:37 AM PST

What if Seondeok of Korea looked a little more.. Korean?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 08:08 PM PST

It's time to talk about the REAL controversial reveal in Rise and Fall thus far . . .

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 06:14 PM PST

Long time Civ fan just got Civ 6 and I've got mixed feelings

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 06:32 AM PST

There are a lot of things I really love about Civ 6. The district system is really amazing; it just feels so right. There are a few issues but overall it's top-notch and probably my favourite addition to the series.

I love the new government system. Although the actual cards (and pantheons IMO) need a rework it feels really cool having a hand in the government that you're at the helm of.

I also like the new worker system. It allows for some pretty cool UA's like China's and makes production timing more important.

What I don't like is that I feel like I never have time to build monuments/granaries and also don't really feel like I need to until much later. Considering placement is so much more important this time around it would have been cool to see more of a focus on getting your city's necessary 'food building' in order to grow beyond 2 districts. A granary if you have wheat, lighthouse for fish etc. As it stands I've easily gotten cities to 7 pop without a granary or anything similar.

Culture in general feels sort of free/not valuable. In Civ 5 it was extremely important to get out policies but in Civ 6 I feel like I get there whether I try to or not and never really build anything to help advance it unless I'm playing someone like the Congo.

The combat system feels like mostly a downgrade. The combat is/was best as a sort of rock/paper/scissors thing with melee trumping cavalry, cavalry trumping ranged, and ranged trumping melee with some siege equipment mixed in. Cavalry is just way too good with how hard it is to move pretty much anything else across the map in less than 5 hours and I've pretty much stopped building anything that doesn't either shoot stuff or ride a horse.

With that come balance issues with some civs getting the ability to produce 2 of their UUs for the same hammers early in the game, Scythia and Nubia for example. Neither of which being the type of unit that needs a boost. There's still the problem of civs like Germany not really ever having a relevant UU, IMO civs should all have at least 2 UUs with at least one appearing early.

AI's just as shite as it's always been.

And trade-routes seem like a strict downgrade. They're harder to see, manage, sack, etc. And there are no more sea-traders.

And my last gripe, the one that's hardest to mod-away, the leader/civ choices... I just really don't like em'. Why is France lead by an Italian woman? Joan of Arc or Isabelle not good enough? Napoleon fucking Bonaparte not good enough? Barbarossa's cool and all, and a huge figure in German history but he'd have been a better leader for Holy-Rome or something. Bismarck is THE German politician. Also why is the German icon the modern symbol of it's military that's only been in use for like 60 years? It's not even the original Eisenkreuz anymore. I could go on but you get the point.

I just really hope Rise and Fall and whatever comes after it can fix the game up a bit. If Civ 6 would get it's own version of BnW, which took V from a good game to a great one, I'd be happy to pay the 30€ price tag.

Maybe it'll grow on me?

submitted by /u/ZeJazzaFrazz
[link] [comments]

I just realized the Korea leader was in the trailer @59 seconds.

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 07:14 AM PST

Where should I put Great Scientist Academy? [OCC-Science Vic]

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 09:44 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.