True Gaming Games with deep plot and developed characters where there is no fighting at all (any genre)


Games with deep plot and developed characters where there is no fighting at all (any genre)

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 02:25 AM PST

So, name and explain about any game that you may know where there is no fighting at all (even RPG style) where characters\plots are developed a lot.

submitted by /u/ddark92
[link] [comments]

Let's talk about a loot crate mechanic that might actually work. What would it look like?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 03:25 PM PST

I like to get what I pay for, and I like to know what I'm buying. I don't buy loot crates. When I earn one through gameplay, and get something out of it that I actually want, I do get excited. But the appeal has never been great enough to get me to spend money.

Imagine all loot crate items were available for purchase individually, and loot crates were available through gameplay.

I'll concede this wouldn't be as lucrative as the current system. But it wouldn't be controversial, either. Furthermore, I think "brand loyalty" plays a role in this issue. I wish there were more ways to support companies like CD Projekt Red. While at present, I'll likely never buy anything with an EA label on it. I'm one of those who have had enough (and I'm not even a victim), and I'm willing to divorce myself from IPs I hold dear to see a change happen.

Gamers are passionate, sensitive, and know a value when they see it. We do need to recognize that games often generate expenses after launch, and therefore depend on continuing revenue to survive.

That fact however is not the issue. The issue is the how. What are some ways developers and publishers can generate revenue in a way that is fair and worthwhile?

submitted by /u/The_Owl_Knight
[link] [comments]

What are people's feelings on Loot Boxes being gambling carrying over to "real life" loot boxes?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 08:47 AM PST

I was reading and following all the backlash on EA and Lootboxes in general, I am curious why this thought hasn't spilled over to other "collectible card games" like Magic: The Gathering, Yugioh, or others that allow you to spend money for cards that make you "win more." As I see it, its a game that you have to pay for, hoping to get what you want, to make a deck or experience better.

Even further, baseball/football cards have ultra rare cards that are 1/1000 packs for a slice of a bat, a jersey, or an autographed card.

I am wondering if it is because there is a secondary market available to buy cards/items you want and if that were in place in video games it would be easier to stomach? I am genuinely curious as to peoples thoughts as there is most likely a lot of crossover between CCG's and video games and booster packs dont seem to get the same level of vitrol as in game items.

submitted by /u/shardaddy
[link] [comments]

How do I "de-hype" a game?

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 06:51 PM PST

I'm extremely hyped to play a certain game right now (I don't want to mention it to avoid spoilers etc). Everywhere I look people are praising it and it's extremely similar to one of my favorite games.

But I know that if I hype this game too much (which I already have) there might be a chance that I will be a bit letdown by it.

Is there any way you know I could maybe calm myself about it and be more "neutral" when I eventually start playing it?

submitted by /u/Zyxos2
[link] [comments]

The other gaming chair post reminded me that I need a new chair, but...

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 09:18 AM PST

I want one without wheels. I have wooden floors and hate when my chair moves around.

Any good wheel-less gaming chairs out there?

submitted by /u/ouTPhaze
[link] [comments]

Why headshots are rewarded more than any other shots in pvp shooters?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 03:03 AM PST

A shot to the heart or other vital organs can be much more lethal than the shot that only slightly damages the skull, for example. But still most of the shooter games reward headshots with 200% damage, when hitting other vital ograns usually does regular damage, as if bullet would just hit the muscle. I felt fine about it 15 years ago when hitboxes wasn't perfect and it was hard to implement proper hit zones, but how do you think, why it's still a thing now? I feel like it's just a settled feature and most developers are not even thinking that it can be different now, or maybe they are afraid that conservative gamers would react negatively about that?

submitted by /u/ElvenNeko
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.