Overwatch - LA Gladiators Coaches - AMA • r/Competitiveoverwatch


LA Gladiators Coaches - AMA • r/Competitiveoverwatch

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 01:54 PM PST

Earth shatter hang time level: Michael Jordan

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 08:26 AM PST

World of Tanks

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 07:41 AM PST

2 small changes to Dva that would buff every hero in the game.

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 11:35 AM PST

TLDR:

  1. Dva's mech should not show the critical health icon when the mech is at 0 HP as supports will waste resources trying to save the already dead mech.

  2. Kill feed and elimination icons should show as soon as the mech is at 0 HP not when baby dva pops out.

Have you ever been in a situation where say you're playing Ana and your trying to keep dva healed while she's in a middle of a fight, everything is going great, dva is getting kills I'm getting ult charge and everyone is happy. but then from nowhere a hanzo scatter or anything that does burst damage comes in and puts dva to critical health, I toss my nade hoping to keep her in her mech but nope her mech is well past the point of critical health, the mech is already dead but still shows the critical health icon. nade wasted. same scenario with a Zen or a Lucio trying to save dva by ulting can be punished really hard for no good reason. her mech should not show the critical health icon when the mech is at 0 HP.

When fighting against dva , there is a about a 1-2 seconds when her mech shows that it has been destroyed but baby dva is still in there and jumps out shortly after . why is this a problem? The kill feed and the elimination icon (red skull) only show after baby dva pops out of the mech which means that you killed the mech but don't get the feedback for another 1-2 seconds this is bad because when I kill the mech I immediately turn my attention to someone else and in the middle of my next fight the elimination icon pops up leading me to falsely believe I killed my second target when it was only the dva mech. kill feed and elimination icon should show as soon as the mech gets to 0 HP. I can see this being an issue when Dva has self-destruct, it's not very intuitive to see the mech dead in the kill feed then get blown up by it a second later. maybe keep the kill feed the way it is but definitely not the elimination icon as it is the main culprit in the false positive.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter. thank you. edit: words

submitted by /u/fromdiggwithlove
[link] [comments]

Of all the things to make unbreakable...

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 06:14 AM PST

Just wanted to say thanks to all the rage-quitters in QP. You're almost always replaced with someone who actually helps win the match for us.

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 08:19 AM PST

90% of the matches that have a bunch of complaining and quitters end up being the ones I actually win on.

It seems that the ones complaining and quitting were the bad players.

submitted by /u/robolink
[link] [comments]

Moira's nerf is an uninteded bug in a new lock on system

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 06:08 PM PST

Blizzard World's Binoculars are a bit dangerous...

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 02:13 AM PST

On PTR you can set Instant and Infinite Ult Duration in Custom Games

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 02:41 AM PST

Why do we have a mod that seems to abuse power?

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 03:13 PM PST

https://www.reddit.com/r/KarmaCourt/comments/7eg4fi/ugotusraro_vs_uspriteguy_000_for_abuse_of/

https://www.reddit.com/r/KarmaCourt/comments/7c29bi/ujapannyc_vs_uspriteguy_000_for_unlawful_removal/

https://www.reddit.com/r/KarmaCourt/comments/7bmm7a/uhavannaz_vs_uspriteguy_000_for_unlawful_removal/

I present to you what's been going on in r/karmacourt dealing with one of the mods here. Have a look at these posts and check out the comments. You'll see people seem to strongly agree that this mod is no good. I'm sure he has good intentions in mind, but it doesn't matter when the execution is consistently the wrong call. Think what you will of this post, and hopefully plenty of people see it and check out the links before this inevitably gets removed.

submitted by /u/Orangecabbage
[link] [comments]

1v6? Never give up, Never surrender!

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 10:23 AM PST

bad things happen when you electrocute a pig 8)

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 11:35 AM PST

D.Va kills her teammate

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 04:21 AM PST

I slept with your mother. (Accurate statement.)

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 07:57 AM PST

I play a lot of Overwatch with my sons. In our recent game, when I asked where my older son was (so I could heal him), he (a high schooler) answered, "at your mom's." A moment later, he realized, "That doesn't really work with you."

Then I had words pop out of my mouth that I've never said to anyone online: "You know, I slept with your mother last night."

My saying it kind of took me by surprise. But thinking about it: having kids, raising them for 16 years, introducing them to gaming, and playing with them in games is totally worth it just to be able to say this accurately. I fully endorse every gamer to have kids if just so you can say this. Go forth and multiply.

If you actually want to hear the exchange: https://youtu.be/M_UsVmG8HSo?t=1m26s

submitted by /u/Bullgrit
[link] [comments]

When Mercy and Moira work together

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 08:25 AM PST

Indeed Tracer, "let's try that again."

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 02:31 PM PST

5v6 - but you refuse to give up

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 03:18 AM PST

To all you haters out there that say Mercys can't aim

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 12:12 AM PST

Don't try to tell me that this is anything but pure skill.

submitted by /u/finitecapacity
[link] [comments]

Doomfisted is the new term for nerfed

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 05:35 AM PST

Since the Doomfist nerf and current state is a joke it becomes more and more normal to compare Doomfist with other hero nerfs. That's why the new term for nerfed is "Doomfisted". It's like calling a team "C9" when they leave the objective. It doesn't seem like blizzard is going to change his hitbox since they pushed a new Moira Hitbox change on the PTR and let Doomfist untouched. Don't wonder if they are going to Doomfist the Symmetra beam too.

submitted by /u/Yugen2935
[link] [comments]

Please let the Moira “nerf” be a bug

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 04:49 AM PST

Finally, a mercy alternative that's fun to play and feels impactful.... oh wait you need sick tracking to refill your healing meter. Nothing official so it could all be fine and just a bug but I hope people keep making noise to ensure that we get a useable, fun hero instead of Ana 2.0 on console. Please blizzard, please!

submitted by /u/GirthyLog
[link] [comments]

Belgium says loot boxes are gambling, wants them banned in Europe

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 02:59 PM PST

(BUG FIX) Moira can now target Torb Turrets with her right click

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 12:48 PM PST

I just tested this in the PTR and Moira can now right click torb's turrets with no issue. This applies to all level turrets, so now we can all go against a 6 torb team with no problem =d. Figured I'd bring it up, since the subreddit ignoring this and is freaking out over her nerfed hitbox.

Go forth and drain all the turrets on the PTR my friends! (You don't get health back from Turrets btw)

EDIT: Orbs also damage turrets now (thanks for the reminder superjew311)

EDIT 2: FYI, draining turrets does not fill the resource bar.

submitted by /u/AAAkabob
[link] [comments]

The best attraction of Blizzard World is in the attacker's spawn room [PTR]

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 03:35 AM PST

Someone leaked Blizzard World's release three months ago on /r/overwatch and it got almost entirely ignored.

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 10:08 AM PST

Yesterday, was my first time playing Overwatch... Thoughts inside.

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 05:10 PM PST

I attended BlizzCon for the first time this year (huge WoW fan). The highlight of that convention was watching the Overwatch World Cup. Not sure why I never got into Overwatch sooner, but that event really hyped it up for me!

Yesterday, was my very first time playing Overwatch. Not sure if this post will get deleted, but I wanted to share my excitement with the Reddit world. OMG Overwatch is seriously amazing! I got so giddy after the other players voted for me after a game (in easy mode lol)! The last time I experienced this excitement was back in my early WoW days.

Overwatch is such a fun and addictive game!! I love it. The Black Friday sale was a bonus. And I also apologize in advance if I am one of those noobs (hey, we've all gotta start somewhere right?) But I will do my best to be a team player :P

Anyway, if you're reading this... I wish you and your loved ones a very Happy Thanksgiving holiday. When I'm not with the family or friends I will most likely be playing Overwatch now.

(ノ・ω・)ノ. ✧

submitted by /u/SweetnessTheWarlock
[link] [comments]

I truly don't feel like Moira's nerfs should go live on CONSOLES.

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 12:14 PM PST

i have not heard anyone complaining about her being too good on consoles yet, and i play at high diamond and masters. I think she poses the right amount of challenge and threat. She even gives my junkrat a run for his money at least half the time. I don't mind dying by her hands. Since aiming is a bit harder on console than PC, it would really do her healing a disservice to nerf her lock-on range making it harder to track smaller enemies. Her damage isn't THAT high. I think Moira is in a good place on consoles. anyone else?

submitted by /u/bostonterrier22
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.