Civilization - The Full Circle of Civ


The Full Circle of Civ

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 04:01 AM PST

umm... okay.

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 03:45 PM PST

What unholy bug is this?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 07:31 PM PST

this is kind of ridiculous

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 08:52 AM PST

So barbs are now launching coordinated attacks with catapults and rams...

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 12:22 PM PST

That Moment when you get Research Agreements with all AIs

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 12:34 PM PST

I have owned CIV 5 with all DLCs for many years, but never reached the point of getting into it

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 05:22 AM PST

I don't really wanna subject this as a negative comment towards the game, rather want someone point me to direction how to enjoy the game. I do know it's complex game and hard to master.

My playtime overall is only couple hours or so, i can't really seem to invest the time into it since i have no idea what to do. I have tried watching streams/youtube videos, but it just doesn't open it up to me enough. I would love to learn while playing, but for some reason i don't get any motivation to go for it since i have no idea what to do. So instead of learning process i end up frustrated and quit, before actually getting into it.

Any simple guides to fastly get me into it, without 10 hour reading session? I would rather spend that 10 hours playing, than reading guides.

submitted by /u/mikokkk
[link] [comments]

I compiled YouTube Statistics for Civilization VI, here's what I have so far...

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 04:36 AM PST

I'm creating a website called Let's Play Index to help organize YouTube content creators like let's players and game reviewers. My goal is to help create another avenue for exposure for these content creators, and also to compile statistics on these channels and the games they play in useful ways. Here's some of the data I have on Civilization VI so far.


Overall Stats

Total Views: 153,107,336
Total Channels: 399
Total Videos: 12,970
Total Duration: 312 days, 23:55:42
Mean Duration: 34:45
Median Duration: 29:23

Annual Stats

Year Videos % of Total Duration
2017 6,097 47.01% 150:20:32:49
2016 6,720 51.81% 156:07:35:17
2015 3 0.02% 1:17:19
2014 2 0.02% 6:56

Top 10 Channels with the Most Views for Civilization VI

Channel Views Videos
1. Sid Meier's Civilization 29,588,679 84
2. Civilization 16,603,106 120
3. quill18 13,385,606 206
4. Drew Durnil 12,300,682 314
5. FilthyRobot 5,707,264 575
6. Лёша играет 4,949,714 166
7. Christopher Tin 3,469,497 2
8. Marbozir 3,467,167 174
9. Markiplier 3,441,309 3
10. GamerZakh 3,393,807 80

I've added as many channels as I could before making this post, but I'm pretty sure there are still channels missing for Civ VI. It should be noted that "Sid Meier's Civilization" is the developer/publisher's official Civilization channel, while "Civilization" is the name of Yogscast's Civilization channel. Christopher Tin is the composer for the main theme of Civ IV, so people wanting to listen to it on YouTube is just giving a single video views. Markiplier is up there because, well, he's up there everywhere. I've found that it just becomes harder to find new channels because practically everyone who ranks high in YouTube search has already been added to the site. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

submitted by /u/GGBVanix
[link] [comments]

How Will History Remember You? (Speculation)

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 02:26 PM PST

If you all haven't heard, the Civ Twitter posted a short, ominous message telling us to prepare for news on November 28. Now that we know it's not the board game, it's most likely something we've been wanting for quite a bit at this point: the first expansion for Civ VI.

I really, truly hope it is an expansion. Now to the discussion. What do you want to see in the hypothetical upcoming expansion?

I want a mix of new civilizations and new mechanics. I think new diplomacy and political mechanics could do the game well. I also think that we deserve many more American civilizations, like the Inca, the Inuit, the Maya, the Sioux, the Shoshone, the Olmecs, etc..

Your thoughts?

submitted by /u/freddymills
[link] [comments]

An interesting loophole for Religion Bonuses

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 07:31 PM PST

Today I was playing as Arabia on Immortal and found an interesting loophole to one of the religion bonuses. So when I founded my Pantheon, I choose Religious Idol which provides a +2 Faith to mines that are built over luxury or bonus resources. However, in the city of Damascus [See Below], I used a builder to harvest the stone resource to build a mine on the hill. Despite the stone resource being technically gone and that stones only can have quarries built on top of them, the mines still provide the faith bonus from the Pantheon. So I tested it again with the stone tile below and it and low and behold, it still provides faith with the new mine. Another interesting thing also occurred, when I return to the game after closing it, the faith bonus seemed to have disappeared! But it did still generate faith from before. So from this, I discovered two things: one, the mine can still provide faith over a non-mine resource and two, resources still "act" as if they are there even after they have been harvested (Great Zimbabwe Anyone?). Anyways, that's my TIL that may or may not be actually useful!

https://imgur.com/a/pIRKn

submitted by /u/darenta
[link] [comments]

Cultural Victory question

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 07:04 PM PST

I have a problem where my tourism and culture is 4 times that of second place. At what point do I get victory, it's hard to figure out the end of culture victory, is someone could point me in the right direction that would be great

submitted by /u/unboundgaming
[link] [comments]

Isn’t it great when you spend 3 hours on a game where you try to conquer the world as fast as possible o settler and then right as you conquer the last city and are about to save the replay the game crashes and you have to redo the last 30 turns which each lasted like 4 mins.

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 03:16 PM PST

The game crashed o the victory screen as I pressed replay to screen record it Now I have to do it all again Why does this happen?

submitted by /u/yago2003
[link] [comments]

Just bought CIV 5 complete (all expansions), where to start?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 02:06 PM PST

It starts me default "Brave New World". Is that ok for someone who has never played before?

Just curious, been wanting this for years and finally have my schedule to a point where I can play a bit more!

Thank you all!

submitted by /u/Kyllan
[link] [comments]

Locking up on exit (post Fall update)?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 06:43 AM PST

Is anyone else having issues with the UI locking up on exit? I've tried exiting to the main menu and then to the desktop, but it still locks up.

Even better is now it overrides any other window (I play in fullscreen mode) and I cannot get to Task Manager to close Civ.

submitted by /u/the_rogue1
[link] [comments]

Is the Extracting stone function worth to use ?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 07:18 AM PST

Should I get Civ 6?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 04:28 PM PST

I love civ 5 but have been dissuaded from buying the new one due to the mixed reception it seemed to get. Has it been improved now or would I have provably always ebjoyed it?

submitted by /u/WilhelmTheOkay
[link] [comments]

The Holy grail of Krakatoa

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 08:14 PM PST

[CIV 5][BUG] Multiplayer bug where game reloads after turn 1, can't select cities or units

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 07:41 PM PST

So whenever I play a multiplayer game in CIV 5, there's a bug where once the very first turn is loading, the game goes back to the leader loading screen. Once that's done sometimes the game crashes, sometimes it brings me back in. Everyone except the host gets their cities and units moved and can't interact with their game at all.

Usually we can go around this by having everyone except the host leave 1 at a time and rejoining, even though their cities and units still get teleported to another part of the map.

Anyone have a fix for this problem or have the same issue?

submitted by /u/raccoontamer
[link] [comments]

Have fond memories of building terrace farms in Civ 5? Relive them with my Inca mod for Civ 6.

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 08:36 PM PST

what's your favorite map type?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 08:57 AM PST

and more specifically, what's your favorite map type for certain types of victory? also, has anyone played on high or low sea level/resources? curious how it changes the game.

submitted by /u/pattermotional
[link] [comments]

What personal space?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 10:19 AM PST

What's a "Holy city"?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 12:22 PM PST

I've got curious of it because Jerusalem's suzerain bonus says it acts as a Holy city.

But I can't find any infos about what is a Holy city.

I guess it's because Jerusalem's suzerain bonus was the only place mentioning it except the description for the Great Prophet if I recall correctly.

So what's a holy city? what doe it do?

submitted by /u/blaablabla8888
[link] [comments]

Best version / config for Big Picture on a TV?

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 02:18 PM PST

I have a Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad and would love to play Civ in my living room over a Steam Link. I tried Civ VI, but the text and UI is just a little too small, even at 720p. It looks like the UI scaling options only apply to >1080p resolutions.

I have all the games from Civ 3 on. Any suggestions on the best version, or any mods that make the UI more usable?

submitted by /u/deviantintegral
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to buy cities from NPCs in CIV6? It seems like they always say no even when I make insanely good offers.

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 11:06 AM PST

I'm trying to play through the game without going to war/forcefully taking land and I want to buy a city to expand more. It seems everyone says no. Even towns with small populations that are practically useless.

submitted by /u/greenmask
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.