Learn Dota 2 - Pro Tip About Creep Positioning |
- Pro Tip About Creep Positioning
- TIL Storm spirit can break AM's aghs scepter with his second skill without stunning himself
- How to properly land Lina's spell combo
- Need help on Invoker
- Was there a way to win this 3.5k game?
- Echo Sabre on Slark?
- Drums on invoker this patch?
- When I use solar crest, does the armor reduction on enemies effect damage done by magic damage?
- Tips on getting out of 1k MMR?
- How to counter sniper in pubs? Late game, high ground
- How long should i be expecting to climb when I am above my skill level?
- Closing / winning games as windranger?
- Ending Games with Kunkka Mid
- Never give up, comeback is always possible!
- Question about the efficiency of invoking spells
- I've lost 17 games in a row and it's killing the game for me.
- Is it still required to buy boots first?
- What is the maximum attack speed for Clinkz?
- Is it normal facing big red streaks? If so, what is the best solution?
- How can I learn someone this game?
- Does anyone know of any videos or guides that specifically tell you how to learn to pull through from small to large on both sides?
- What to do in this lane situation?
- ¿When should i buy blink on necrophos? following this build.
- Bloodseeker laning phase questions
| Pro Tip About Creep Positioning Posted: 19 Jun 2017 01:05 PM PDT If you're ever in a position where you need to know where the enemy creep wave is....look at your mirroring (opposite) creepwave on your side of the map. So if you want to creep skip as AM and you want to know where the wave is at 47 seconds, look at your side of the map and judge based on its' location. Helpful in certain situations! EDIT: Creep skipping is where you kill a wave of creeps before it meets your teams creepwave. [link] [comments] |
| TIL Storm spirit can break AM's aghs scepter with his second skill without stunning himself Posted: 19 Jun 2017 12:15 PM PDT If an antimage has aghanims scepter, it is possible to break his reflection with storm spirit's second skill during zip without pulling yourself. It is quite mechanically difficult to pull off, but definitely something a storm player should know, especially since AM is a common counter pick. Disclaimer: the spell will still be reflected to units near antimage as an aghs vortex pull, even if not to storm himself. [link] [comments] |
| How to properly land Lina's spell combo Posted: 19 Jun 2017 01:53 PM PDT https://gfycat.com/EagerOblongChimneyswift Basically, you wait for the spell to be casted (i.e. cast point is complete) and immediately activate the next spell without waiting for lina to complete her cast backswing animation. If however you activate the next spell in quick succession without waiting for the previous spell to be casted (i.e. before cast point is complete), Lina will complete the entire backswing animation. This shaves off a lot of time and can be the difference between getting the kill or not on mobile heroes. Some players might already do this knowingly or unknowingly, so this is a pretty beginner tip (that I learnt after 5k hours in dota while practicing lina). This also works with right clicking after landing your stun. Right click again on the target as soon as the stun is casted, rather than waiting for your hero to automatically start right clicking. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 04:56 PM PDT im trying to learn invoker but i cant seem to win with the guy.If i had to say my main problem would probably be the laning phase where i just get stomped by the enemy midlaner keep in mind though that i know how to combo up spells [link] [comments] |
| Was there a way to win this 3.5k game? Posted: 19 Jun 2017 09:39 AM PDT https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3260064729 We took outer towers but couldn't siege high ground. I feel like we should've been splitpushing more (4+1) cause enemy team had big teamfight ultimates. We didn't have much tower damage heroes. Basically what I'm asking is, how to approach the game when enemy has great teamfight while my team has not much split push potential? Also, not having much Lion games, I feel like I could've chosen better targets for my spells in teamfights, any advice would be appreciated. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 09:28 AM PDT I have played Slark only ~5 times. I only play him because he is sometimes my daily hero challenge. I tried a few things and found a build I like - PMS, iron talon, treads, then build echo sabre, then silver edge, and finally end game items (skadi, abyssal, AC, moon shard, butterfly). Anyway, I don't know the hero too well, but echo sabre's mana lets me spam my spells for farming. I've heard people say that the double hit + slow also allows Slark to land his leash very reliably and it did seem to do just that. However, I had this pudge in my game telling me that "if you watch pro games, no one builds echo sabre on slark". TBH I have no clue since I don't really play the hero, but he was higher MMR than me and he went to town on the enemies with his pudge. We ended up winning pretty hard, but I don't know if echo sabre was really bad or not. IIRC, echo sabre was pretty common on slark before. Has anything changed?
TL;DR Is echo sabre a good item on slark? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 04:47 PM PDT Is drums a viable item on Invoker nowadays? I've only really seen Cancel build it this patch. [link] [comments] |
| When I use solar crest, does the armor reduction on enemies effect damage done by magic damage? Posted: 19 Jun 2017 04:46 PM PDT For example, If I'm playing with a qop or sand king or something, and user solar crest before by ultimate, will it do further damage? [link] [comments] |
| Tips on getting out of 1k MMR? Posted: 19 Jun 2017 04:05 PM PDT Hello! I know this topic is posted at every corner of the internet, but all the threads I've seen couldn't help me at all. I am stuck at this hell of griefers, toxic peeps, AFKers, DCers, smurf and such. I think I deserve this hell, but I want to get out and improve. I think getting out of 1k MMR will get me to peeps with a better mindset, which can help me improve. What would you guys advice? Some stuff about me: My favorite hero is Windrunner (alongside Akasha + Dark Seer + Pudge) and I have a very versatile build with her, which gives me a good KD whether I win or lose. It was a pub dominator when I played w/ my Legion Commander mate on the same lane. Sadly, he aint playing anymore ;-; I try to go Aghs ASAP, and I gank and penetrate my preys most of the time. But still, not good enough. I mostly feel like I am often dominated at lanes early-game and get ganked because of no map control, even tho I try my best to buy wards. My teammates sometimes let me down and I cant blame them, cuz theres times I let them down, too. I am so confused. What am I doing wrong? What should I be doing more OR less? What I shouldn't I be doing? What would you advise? Thanks from now. <3 [link] [comments] |
| How to counter sniper in pubs? Late game, high ground Posted: 19 Jun 2017 09:44 AM PDT Sniper on the enemy team turns late game in pubs into a nightmare where the other team can always win fights, always defend high ground, and the possibility of super throwing exists more than ever. I've only played one game where I felt like we had a counter to sniper, and that was with me on Vengeful Spirit, where I could swap him into the middle of a fight. Rest of the time, it feels like Ho ho ha ha we lose. [link] [comments] |
| How long should i be expecting to climb when I am above my skill level? Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:38 PM PDT I'm going to get it out of the way I calibrated at 25 and at 1k and then played normals with friends for 1000 hours while watching pro games and streams alot during this time, so I do believe I am actually ahead of my skill level instead of being held back by teammates. I've played maybe 5 games of ranked and easily won all of them and was just wanting to hear from others who have also been in similar situations what it was like. I would normally just play the games but they are so damn boring. Things I am interested in are speed and ease of climb at different mmrs, eg does skill spike at 2k or 1.8k etc. I am also very concious of getting into bad habits as these games allow me to play with basically zero punishment for being greedy. Does anyone have any advice for keeping away from habits or will it not be a problem [link] [comments] |
| Closing / winning games as windranger? Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:52 AM PDT Hey guys, ive been enjoying playing windranger alot lately and am now just past 200 games played on her. altough with a 46% winrate. which i feel mostly comes from 2 things:
the latter is my main issue, games like this one were i feel like im doing pretty good but just fail to win the game. while on a hero like TA which i feel is somewhat the same in playstyle to windranger i can do this much better because she can just keep killing as long as bkb is up, while on windranger i cant solo anyone while my ult is down (atleast not within a reasonable amount of time). meaning that i can usually only take out 1 or 2 people in a fight and maybe lock someone else down if i dont get bursted in the mean time. so what are my options for closing or securing games? i try to get high priority targets usually either the carry or their main lockdown like a lion or shaman so he cant disrupt our fight. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:04 PM PDT My Dotabuff: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/119086009 So, I'm a core Kunkka mid player who plays in a low MMR bracket. Kunkka is one of my better heroes, and I really enjoy him. I know carry Kunkka isn't the most meta build, but I do pretty well with him most of the time, and in my bracket a lot of things are viable. So an average game for me goes as follows: I do pretty well in lane, usually getting a kill on the enemy mid-laner once or twice. Then, after getting bottle and phase boots (or whenever the opportunity arises), I leave mid and gank one of the other lanes. From then, I keep mid's creep wave pushed in and farm, while ganking occasionally once I get shadow blade. Usually I try to get my team to push some towers early on, but that doesn't always seem to work out, and they sort of bail and go back to static farming or jungling. From here I use my abilities and high Tidebringer damage to try and win a few teamfights. Usually me and my team end up being extremely strong early game, but I can't convince them to take towers and leverage this advantage into a win. A lot of the time, it feels like the other team eventually catches up in farm and just destroys us from that point onward unless we're really snowballed or one of us split-pushes. It's really hard to resist the temptation to fight because Kunkka is just so strong in teamfights, and especially since I'm snowballed from early-game kills, I end up being a good asset in fights. Because of this I don't end up split-pushing because I'm worried my team will lose if they decide to fight without me. So my main question is, how to I take the advantage I get from winning mid/early-game ganks and leverage it into a won game? Oftentimes it feels like no matter how well I do early, we still lose anyway. Advice on any of this would be much appreciated. [link] [comments] |
| Never give up, comeback is always possible! Posted: 19 Jun 2017 01:39 PM PDT I just played an awesome game as arc and we kinda already gave up mentally at around 30-40 mins and it never looked really great. We kept taking good fights and played as good as we can and we managed to win in the end, even though they tried all kind of stuff against us. Clinkz ratting, Multiple Aegis on spectre with cheese and insane pressure. Heres the game : https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3260742288 [link] [comments] |
| Question about the efficiency of invoking spells Posted: 19 Jun 2017 01:26 PM PDT Is it faster / easier / worth to learn invoking spells like ghost walk (QQW) by invoking the orbs as QWQ instead of double pressing Q and then W (QQW) since I got into the habit of pressing QWE all at the same time when I want deafening blast and it seems to make it way easier. [link] [comments] |
| I've lost 17 games in a row and it's killing the game for me. Posted: 19 Jun 2017 01:06 PM PDT I realize I'm probably not that good at the game, but it really sucks to never win. The game is very team oriented and it seems like one person always just ruins the game. I've been thinking about only queuing captains to see if that's any better, but I feel like I don't learn anything anymore and just get obliterated by the other team. Is this game even able to be fun for a solo player? https://www.dotabuff.com/players/48486803/matches [link] [comments] |
| Is it still required to buy boots first? Posted: 19 Jun 2017 12:21 PM PDT Ive been dominating the last few games and i blame it partially on me going for more "useful" items first. When i was learning DotA years ago, someone told me to always buy boots first (after starting items) and i have been doing it ever since. Has this always been wrong? Last three games i played have started it out with me going 4 - 0 within 10 minutes because i dominate whichever lane im in. Before it would be a stalemate. Only thing thats changed has been ive been going to other items such as blades, or gloves of haste rather than boots first. [link] [comments] |
| What is the maximum attack speed for Clinkz? Posted: 19 Jun 2017 12:33 AM PDT What is the maximum attack speed for Clinkz? I thought the maximum attack speed for clinkz is 600, but in my last game (towards the end: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3259385946) my attack speed was hitting 695 when I was activating Strafe. [link] [comments] |
| Is it normal facing big red streaks? If so, what is the best solution? Posted: 19 Jun 2017 02:48 AM PDT I recently his 4.4 (yay) but I was quickly slapped by reality in the face when I faced a big loss streak that took me all the way down to 4.2. I was wondering if this kind of thing is normal, and if it is, how can I handle this sort of ordeal? [link] [comments] |
| How can I learn someone this game? Posted: 19 Jun 2017 08:37 AM PDT Hello everyone, I have currently 4k mmr and I'm trying to learn my friend Dota 2. He has 1300 mmr and around 1230 hours recorded. He haven't improved at all in the last 600 games. He tried to spectate my stack playing (avg mmr is 4k) and we tried to coach him. He haven't made any progression. I have around 430 games recorded with him. (400 main account - 30 smurf (his first 30 and my invoker practise lul)). It feels like we need to play 4v5 every game. He is also getting stomped at his mmr. Is there anything I can do at this point to learn him Dota. My wirnate dropped already with 1.5% (total 4800 games lel) and at this point, it isnt even funny anymore. I know him irl and I want to help him. My own opendota: https://www.opendota.com/players/123447031 His opendota: https://www.opendota.com/players/225715007 He is lacking in a lot of things:
Meanwhile, I have an other friend (was 600mmr) and played with us, he has the playerskill of a player around 2.8k-3.2k player. I have around 300 games with him and he has improve a lot in a half a year. He did the same stuff, tried also gameleap (it helped for heroes he has never played), know the powerspikes better, etc Thank you for your advice and sorry for my poor English. edit: formatting. Edit: Added the opendotas. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 08:32 AM PDT I cant find any that completely explain each possible small camp spawn on both sides. It just feels like I have no good way to learn this. [link] [comments] |
| What to do in this lane situation? Posted: 19 Jun 2017 07:20 AM PDT Hi all, Setup is Drow and Venge (us) vs. Windranger and Tinker at potato tier, though the Tinker is the highest MMR player in the game. Tinker gets early March of the Machines and pushes the wave, plus farms nearby jungle. We tried stacking small camp + pulling but it doesn't work -- Tinker just takes the stack and the wave then. Try to get near wave in lane, both enemies run at us and cc + nuke us down. Tinker actually literally runs at us and zones us sometimes. What should we have done? As the Drow I was thinking that I get 6 and go farm, but that doesn't seem like a great option. We lost the tower before 10 minutes. Tinker in anything other than mid is unusual of course, never had to deal with this before. He wasn't having mana problems because he had bottle. [link] [comments] |
| ¿When should i buy blink on necrophos? following this build. Posted: 19 Jun 2017 05:43 AM PDT Hello , i'm constantly trying to find different ways to play this hero,style,build. So i was reading pro guides and they recommend to buy Blink on necro because he lacks of mobility Build than i found, a little bit old but it works at least for me: magic wand,ring of basilus,headress,tranquil,drums and necromicon lvl 3. (usually i end buying a vladimir, yes im so lost about that part lol, then game finish,this is my idea not for oficial build). following that build when should i buy Blink?,order?, of course i gonna have to "sacrifice" one item, maybe magic wand or drums :p i dunno....help Playstyle: Tanky pusher semi carry. [link] [comments] |
| Bloodseeker laning phase questions Posted: 19 Jun 2017 01:57 AM PDT Hey, so I have been noticing Bloodseeker being picked up in my pubs quite a bit more and just wanted to learn about him to get a better understanding of why + his pros and cons. To me he seems to be pretty strong in the early mid game and then falters of later. What is his preferred lane? I have actually seen him most lanes + jungle. Personally I don't think the safe lane suits him best due to his desire to be around the map the whole time once hitting 6. Think he really excels in creating space for the 1. Mid would probably be my go to if the matchup was right since he seems very level dependant. Same with offlane since he can fall back into the jungle if needed. I wouldn't jungle him but I personally avoid jungle as find it is quite weak at the moment. Is the preferred build 1-1-3 with possible of a 2-1-2 if jungling is required more? Then max Thirst then bloodrite/bloodrage depending on how the game is going. How does he get built? This is probably my biggest uncertainty due to flexibility. I had played with the idea of treads->euls (for cancelling tps)-> sange and yash -> building around necessity of the game Thanks for any replies in advance [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Learndota2. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment