Halo - NA Summer Pro League - Week 4 (Discussion Thread)


NA Summer Pro League - Week 4 (Discussion Thread)

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 04:00 PM PDT

Overview

It's the second transfer period for the Summer Pro League. Who will improve after switching up their rosters?

 

Waypoint: HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Season Preview


Where to Watch

 


Week 3 Schedule

Day 1: Wednesday, June 21 (7:30pm ET/4:30 PT)

  • Luminosity - Str8 Rippin
  • EnVyUs - Ronin Esports
  • Liquid - Evil Geniuses
  • OpTic Gaming - Splyce

Day 2: Thursday, June 22 (7:30pm ET/4:30 PT)

 

HCS: Week 4 Day 1 Schedule


Pro Teams

Rank Team Roster Match W/L Map W/L
1 OpTic Gaming Snakebite, Lethul, Royal 2, Frosty 5-0 15-2
2 Splyce bubu dubu, Shooter, Shotzzy, Renegade 5-0 15-4
3 Liquid Ace[1] , Stellur, Eco, SubZero[2] 3-2 10-8
4 EnVyUs Mikwen, Pistola, Snipedown, Huke 2-3 11-11
4 Evil Geniuses Roy, Lunchbox, Falcated, Tapping Buttons[3] 2-3 10-10
6 Luminosity APG[4] , Ninja, Saiyan, TriPPPeY 2-3 7-12
7 Ronin Esports El ToWn[5] , Str8 SicK, Spartan, Suspector 1-4 5-14
8 Str8 Rippin Rayne[6] , Kaotic[7] , Heinz, Danoxide 0-5 3-15

 

[1]: Leaves Str8 Rippin; replaces Rayne (joins Str8 Rippin)
[2]: Formerly Penguin
[3]: Replaces Naded (retirement)
[4]: Leaves Str8 Rippin; replaces Victory X (retirement / F/A) [5]: Replaces Cratos (F/A)
[6]: Leaves Liquid; replaces Ace (joins Liquid)
[7]: Replaces APG (F/A)


Additional Links

 


submitted by /u/eminemcrony
[link] [comments]

(SELF) MY FRED 104 COSPLAY. (WIP)

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 02:17 AM PDT

Grim Confirms Halo 4 Anniversary!

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 10:08 AM PDT

Master Chief [Render with new Principle BSDF Shader]

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 08:33 PM PDT

Kotaku: Retired Halo Pros discuss eSports Then and Now.

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 03:12 PM PDT

Did anyone else's game update the entire game again?

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 06:15 PM PDT

Psa I received survey regarding halo, so check you email chaps

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:06 PM PDT

So check your email chaps

submitted by /u/austin62halo
[link] [comments]

Story time!

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 11:17 PM PDT

Hello all. Just a bit of background before I begin... My name is Jon. I'm 23 years old, with 3 older brothers (aged 33, 35, and 37) who's video game experience doesn't really go past Sega Genesis, or the Master System. I on the other hand, have kept up with modern game since the N64.

About a year ago, I got my second oldest brother to buy an Xbox One with Battlefront, which we played quite a bit of. Naturally he's not so great at shooters. Since then, he and I have been playing a few games (Xbox/PC) when he comes over. He's now visitin for a few weeks so I decided to bust out the Master Chief collection. We're about halfway through the first game, and I have to say... Halo does something a lot of games just can't. Watching him slowly learn the ins and outs of the Covenant while I have to carry his weight, only to find that he now occasionally saves me from certain death, or seeing the disgust on his face when the Flood are first introduced is amazing.

TLDR; Halo managed to bridge a 12 year gap between my brother and I, who usually dont have much in common (while countless other games failed to so so).

submitted by /u/snorkelvortex
[link] [comments]

Halo: CE 2v2 Chillout

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 03:06 PM PDT

ODST - A short movie, inspired by Bacon Medias 'Pilot'

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:18 PM PDT

I found this at Microcenter. Either they know something or someone is a cruel person.

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 06:51 AM PDT

Just got banned for "quitting too many matches" but it was my first game EVER on Halo 5..

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 01:22 PM PDT

Title basically explains it, I've played every halo up until this point, get Halo 5 play one game of SOCIAL, finish the game and I went to search for another game. There was an icon next to each game type in every playlist saying someone in my fireteam is banned. I was by myself, then get a notification "The Ban Hammer Strikes".

Rip

Does anyone know what caused this and how I can fix/avoid this from happening again before I throw my controller through my tv? Lol thanks

EDIT: FIXED! THANK YOU

submitted by /u/kevo97
[link] [comments]

Pretty proud of this HCS Exterm!

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 08:48 PM PDT

Haven't seen this posted yet but here's some Halo Wars 2: AtN firefight gameplay! (From RUL)

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 08:35 AM PDT

Wednesday Lore Thread! Ask questions about the Halo universe!

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:09 AM PDT

Welcome to the weekly lore thread!

Do you have any questions about the Halo universe? Couldn't find your answer on Halopedia? Here is the place to ask!

Don't forget you can check out /r/HaloStory for lore discussion every day!

For those asking questions:

  • Ask questions about things you would you like to know.

  • Include any info you think might be helpful.

For those answering questions:

  • Be respectful in your answers, this is a place to learn and teach.

  • Provide sources for your information if you can. A link to a Halopedia article or a page number from a novel will help to legitimize your answer.

  • If you are unsure if your answer is correct, let them know. Someone else can come along to fill in the blank.


If you have any questions please message the mods.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Changes I NEED to see in Halo 6 to stay with Halo.

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 11:49 PM PDT

Like most of you here, Halo was the game that got me into gaming, and I've been playing Halo since CE. But Halo 5 seems like a chore to me; I simply don't enjoy it, as much as I want to. I WANT Halo to be my main game again, but a few things just totally kill that for me. My opinion surely means nothing to most of you, but I need to post it anyway out of a year of frustrations with this game. So, here are the things I really want to see change for Halo 6:

  1. Kills times have to slow down a little. Not too much, because I understand that this generation's shooters are all fast paced. But in traditional Halos, you had time to react to being shot and if you were good enough, you could win a lopsided battle. In H5, the kill times are like COD fast, to the point that you may have 3-4 shots in you before you are even notified by the server that you're being shot at.

  2. Spartan Charge has to go. Ground Pound I'm ok with because it takes timing, aiming, and positioning. But Charge (especially paired with the short radar range) takes no skill at all and is too easy to spam.

  3. Melee lunge range needs to be significantly nerfed. Why in God's name can you melee someone from 5 meters away in this game? And why is it so inconsistent? Sometimes it will zoom me towards someone from practically cross-map yet sometimes I won't lunge at someone right next to me!

  4. Give me more control over my controller settings. Specifically, let me set my ADS sensitivity separately from my normal sensitivity. Battlefield is a good example to follow on this.

  5. Go back to the system where a new power weapon wouldnt spawn if the old one was still up. It's so frustrating when there are 2 rocket launchers and 2 snipers on the map because they respawn so damn fast and the other one hasnt even been used up yet.

  6. Add more medium-sized outdoor maps to Arena. What happened to maps like Zanzibar, Exile, Tempest, Valhalla, High Ground, Relic, Snowbound, Standoff, etc.? Those are the kinds of maps that separated Halo from other shooters for me. These maps were big enough for light vehicles but still small enough for 4/5 man teams.

  7. Bring back classic modes!!! Oddball, KotH, Assault, Territories, One-Flag, etc. have been around since CE or H2! Why ditch them?! They were some of my favorites! Why is there not at least ONE dedicated Objective playlist with these in them? We have a permanent Fiesta playlist but not Team Objective? Wtf?!

  8. Have simple, classic armor styles. This one doesnt affect gameplay so doesnt bother me much, but the H5 armor is seriously just ugly. There are only 3 or 4 pieces I'd even want to use out of the hundreds of options. Halo Reach only had like 11 pieces but I still could never decide what piece to equip. Bring back the simple Spartan style and easy off the crazy detailing and Forerunner inspired armors.

  9. Instead of having RNG drops for REQs, let us buy customizations, weapons, powerups, etc. directly with our REQ points kind of like Reach style. I remember saving up for months to buy Inclement Weather. Make legendary customizations items really expensive (say, 1 million points for Mark V helmet or Aurum BR skin) while making Warzone items cheap (for example, a Needler REQ costs 50 points or a Scorpion costs 1000). You could then bring back Reach-style daily/weekly challenges to earn points. Those are fun incentives to play. And for money to support DLCs, you could have microtransactions to buy in-game currency. Win-win.

  10. Have a clean and friendly UI. For some reason 343 likes to mix things up and make the UI "unique" even if it's not user-friendly. I miss things like being able to look at other people's customizations pre-match. And we need an easy-to-use weapon selection screen in Warzone. Side-scrolling through dozens of nearly identical variants is so annoying.

  11. Dont do anything stupid at launch. Reach had Armor Lock and Drop Shield in competitive playlists. H4 removed weapons from the maps. H5 wouldnt let you choose your own emblem color options, didnt have Social Arena for months, wouldnt let you look at medals post-match, etc. These are all just dumb decisions and/or oversights.

And that's about all my big complaints. Lots of people will disagree with one or more of these, and that's fine, but I've spent a year agrivated by them and needed to finally get it of my chest.

What do you agree/disagree with or think needs added to this list?

submitted by /u/somuchclutch
[link] [comments]

Taking my assassin with me!

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 10:35 AM PDT

Getting worse at halo 5 lol?

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 06:48 PM PDT

I don't think I'm playing worse but this time last year I was either platinum or diamond in most playlists that I cared enough to get a rank in and pretty much always went positive. Now I'm usually stuck in gold lol. I don't think I'm worse, in fact I feel like I've got to be much better after a year of on/off play. I don't really care but I am curious if others feel like the competition has stiffened with only more dedicated players remaining.

submitted by /u/HowsYourMethod
[link] [comments]

Finessin 6 FT. Mederma and Thank Yeezy MCC HL Montage

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:58 PM PDT

I made another ninja + assassination montage and feedback appreciated.

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 08:41 PM PDT

Is Warzone an exclusively JIP game mode?

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 08:22 PM PDT

I mostly play warzone because it's a decent objective based game mode, blends foot and vehicle combat, and it satisfies my masochistic tendencies. Lately though a vast majority of my games have been join in progress. Yesterday, five of my seven games were JIP, and today every single one of my four games were as well.

Join in progress games are inherently slanted towards losses, since most leavers do so because the game is headed towards failure. And as much as I enjoy being farmed and watching my W/L tick down, I can't help but wish I would lose because I suck, not my in-game predecessors.

Moreover, JIP leaves the newly joined player gimped. Not only are they stuck with a low REQ level, but they can't spawn anything in until the next level is reached. JIP players shouldn't be punished, but almost rewarded— they're reinforcements to a losing battle, yet frequently become cannon fodder.

It's not like I'm backing out of the lobby after every game or quitting mid game either. I play evenings in America, and though player populations are likely dwindling, they can't be so low as to have me join only mid game.

Surely 343 could at least void JIP losses like Black Ops III. It's difficult as a solo player (the ones most likely to join in progress) to turn the tide of a losing game.

submitted by /u/CBSU
[link] [comments]

I made a video about my favourite level from the first Halo. What do you think?

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:01 AM PDT

Castle Killtrocity

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 08:01 PM PDT

Grenade Launcher and Sentinel Beam are not available in your service record it seems

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 11:40 AM PDT

Just looking around halo waypoint, and noticed that 343 doesn't have any stats for these 2 weapons. i don't believe they're listed in the API either. is there going to be an update where we can see these included? would it sure all kills with them or would it only be kills going forward after adding them to the site? u/unyshek any idea?

submitted by /u/donutmonkeyman
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.