Pokémon GO - Promote your local PokémonGo group to hype the Raids!


Promote your local PokémonGo group to hype the Raids!

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 11:07 AM PDT

Fellow trainers and Pokémon masters

To prepare for the new raid system we wanted to provide a way for local groups and smaller communities to group up and find people to play with when raids go live!

When promoting your local group make sure it doesn't break any of the Pokémon GO ToS and it must be public if applicable. This is to protect the privacy of persons who might be in private groups.

Accepted links consist of, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Public facebook groups

  • Local or National subreddits

  • Discords

  • Slack

Please note it's easier making a discord/slack group for Pokémon GO raids in most situations if you don't already have one compared to a subreddit, easier to manage and more practical!

If you want to promote your local group, comment below with:

  • A link/invite link

  • Where the group is located

  • What team the group is if applicable

Don't forget to type in english if you want to write a short message for your group and good luck raiding!

submitted by /u/Madlollipop
[link] [comments]

Another day in the life of a PTC player.

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 04:11 PM PDT

New Raid Medals

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 04:22 AM PDT

Well this could end poorly....

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 08:00 AM PDT

[Humor] Leaked photo of the new Motivation Berry

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 04:06 PM PDT

[Art] I made a chart showing my catches of the event!

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 03:05 PM PDT

My dog made a friend right before we left the beach

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 02:46 PM PDT

There's valor, There's mystic, and then there is instinct...

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:28 AM PDT

IS OUT ON IOS

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:41 AM PDT

I'm Happy I Started Playing Again.

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 12:41 PM PDT

This is just a huge shout-out to the PoGo community that's apparently still around.

I just got out of treatment in a state I don't know, and quickly moved into a sober house with people I barely know. Im 24 and i dont have any friends. I had to say goodbye to them because im trying to live a sober life and they refused to join me. I also don't really get along with people due to my inability to pick up on social cues and my shyness. The past few months have been very rough for me. It seemed like I'd never make real friends again. Honestly, I'd accepted it as a fact and was attempting to learn to live on my own.

Anyway, last night a roommate and I snuck out past curfew with full intentions of catching a bunch of Pokemon. Neither of us had played since last summer but we quickly remembered how much fun it was. We ended up walking like 5 miles hitting every pokestop along the way at 2 in the morning! Along the way we had some good conversations and shared our knowledge of the game. We didn't even realize how far we walked until we ended up in downtown St. Paul at 3 am and realized we should probably head back.

We have plans to go to the Mall of America in a couple hours! We're going to hit up all the pokestops and hang out with another few roommates in the house. I'm extremely excited.

I just started coming to this subreddit last night and learning all I could about the game so I can have as much fun as possible. This community is so fun and warm-hearted. Thanks for being so kind and considerate of one another.

This game gave me friends again. It gave me confidence again. It gave me hope. Hope that I can beat my addiction and make friends while sober for once. This game has changed my life. I want to thank all of you, and wish you the best of luck. This game will come and go, but the friendships I make will hopefully last much longer. Thank you Niantic. And thank you PoGo community.

submitted by /u/Vanillabear2319
[link] [comments]

I had an early visitor this morning. Tried to break entrance through the back door!

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 03:35 PM PDT

First known image of the striked out cheaters pokemon..

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 11:08 AM PDT

http://imgur.com/D1L0gn6

Image is not mine. Was shared through facebook and discord, so who knows if it's legit. But this is the first example I've seen of it.

For those who don't know what this is, check out THIS post from /u/NianticGeorge

submitted by /u/bubs13
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] What're you guys doing while refreshing this page waiting for the gyms to open?

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 04:33 PM PDT

I'm listening to music and eating fruit snacks. Might start a puzzle or something.

submitted by /u/jeckles96
[link] [comments]

The anticipation is killing me...

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 12:51 PM PDT

I'm seriously gonna need to call the viagra hotline here pretty soon, this boner is definitely more than 4 hours old

submitted by /u/The_Nak
[link] [comments]

Niantic Completely Screwed an Entire Town

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 06:50 AM PDT

Backstory: I'm from Bryan Ohio. We have 12 gyms here and 40 or so pokestops. I've been playing the game since it came out and almost reached level 30 but in February everything stopped spawning here. So I investigated it and it appears that someone had changed the city boundary of our town to an airport boundary in OpenStreetMap.org (the person was a flight simulator enthusiast and changed it so they could find their hometown easier). Niantic used the bad data effectively nullifying all area inside our city boundary from spawning.

Here's my correspondence with Niantic over the issue. Keep in mind they make mention that they address issues based on volume of complaint so I took it upon myself to file the same complaint numerous times over the course of 4 months and finally got a response.

Angrybagofdeath

May 2, 7:10 AM IST

The entire city of Bryan Ohio has been listed as an airport since FEBRUARY!!!!! PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!! Tired of continuously making a simple complaint for an entire town that can't even play!


To: ">Angrybagofdeath Your request (24699803) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Leah (Pokémon GO)

May 2, 9:11 PM IST

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write in. We are aware of this and will use your report and information to improve our data in the future. We understand and appreciate your enthusiasm to play, however, unfortunately, we cannot provide a timeline at this time. We hope that you continue to enjoy the PokéStops and Gyms that are available and explore the surrounding areas in search of Pokémon. We truly appreciate your patience as we get this sorted out.

Best,

Leah Niantic Support

So, in short they are asking me to be patient with no guarantee that anything will ever be fixed. It's not just me, it's 30 or so people that play the game. It's the events we all couldn't participate in. We can't even be competitive in gyms from people constantly visiting and putting high level Pokémon on our gyms because we can't get the stardust to boost ours.

I also enjoyed playing while walking my dog. It was a lot of fun. I don't understand the solution Niantic thinks is appropriate is that I enjoy collecting crap from the pokestops that I can't even use? The whole point is catching the damn things.

Honestly like a lot of other people here, I'm busy doing other things. I have about an hour every couple days I can devote to this and the nearest town is 20 minutes away. By the time I load my dog up, and the drive there and the drive back I have about 15 minutes to play and it's just not worth it.

I met a lot of people here and enjoy stopping and speaking to them as I'm a transplant here and don't know many people and kind of miss that so I do feel like we all got screwed. I am probably the only person that knows about what really happened to our town and so nobody else complains about it but trust me when I say others have been affected and not too many days go by that I don't see someone standing in line somewhere checking their pokemon app to see if something has changed and they quickly shut it off and look disappointed.

I think we've been patient enough. It's time for Niantic to deal with this issue.

submitted by /u/AngryBagOfDeath
[link] [comments]

Happy Summer Solstice from Stonehenge!

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 02:14 AM PDT

[Discussion] Unfortunate Consequences of Pokestops Switching to Gyms

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 05:46 PM PDT

In our area, over the last year, we saw quite a few gyms disappear by request of the property owner. The disappearances of gyms had pretty much stopped around Christmas as we saw by that time which property owners had lost patience with player visits and which didn't mind.

So we just had a lot of pokestops turn to gyms. After going out and seeing for myself which stops had changed, it was a bit depressing. Several church pokestops have changed to gyms, some small with small parking lots. A stop in front of a child development center. It's places like these where they are likely to not view the extra come and go traffic as favorable where they previously didn't mind the pokestop.

So the unfortunate part is that there is going to be a new wave of requests from mad property owners and a loss of the pokestops/gym. The really unfortunate part is that there are huge public parks with large parking lots not being used for gyms and pretty much no way to tell Niantic to skip putting a gym in front of the child centers/small churches and pick the park! I had to vent this because it's frustrating.

Yes I know there probably is no solution and all I've really done is to post for my downvote collection lol.

submitted by /u/Horrorsk
[link] [comments]

Vulpix and Irisation (Rainbow hat over cloud). Look like legendaries are flying to the earth

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 10:28 AM PDT

[discussion] thank you Niantic for splitting TM's between fast and charge moves

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 07:50 PM PDT

This is not only going to save TM's overall with the probability of getting the move you want in half, but mounds of frustration from getting the charge move you want but not the fast attack and vice versa and having to reroll again.

This update rollout has been great so far. Perfect and amount of information balanced with in game content and rollout to keep the hype flowing.

submitted by /u/Shipoffools1
[link] [comments]

Have the Up/Down arrows always been off center?

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 04:19 PM PDT

http://imgur.com/a/VAVWR

I'm so sorry to all of you that will never be able to un-see the horrible asymmetry. I would like to start a petition to have it fixed immediately on behalf of the little bit of OCD that is inside all of us!

submitted by /u/thaddiusprime
[link] [comments]

[Art] A rare encounter indeed.

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 04:12 AM PDT

Some HUGE concerns about raids

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 05:17 AM PDT

First of all, i love Pokemon go, i play since the 1st day of release, and i am very excited for all the new stuff that will come, new gym system and raiding.

But,

with the new raiding system coming soon we know already a few things, before i go into the concerns (everything i get is from HERE):

  • You cannot do it alone; you'll need help from fellow Trainers to raid the Gym (and hopefully) prevail.

  • The higher the difficulty, the stronger the Raid Boss and the more players you'll need in order to succeed.

  • You gain a Raid Pass by spinning the Photo Disc at a Gym. You can only hold one Raid Pass at a time, and you can only receive one per day. If you have already used your Raid Pass, you can purchase a Premium Raid Pass from the Shop.

Ok, so lets begin with a few things that comes to my mind and i think the system may disappoint.

  • One concern is the 1 raid pass/day and you can hold only 1, that means everyone will be able to play one raid per day, if you join a raid and then something better comes up you wont be able to join.

  • If you use your daily pass, and you don't succeed in killing the raid, that's it you wont be able to try a different one, unless you pay.

  • The biggest concern for me is the lack of a big player-base locally. Let's say we have this scenario, you go to the city downtown, and there are a few players around, but everyone have already used their daily pass, so you got to fight alone any raid that will come up.

  • Suburban/rural players will have even more of a disadvantage since they have even lower active player-base.

  • You also can't help a friend if you already used your daily pass.

  • Players that play on weekends will also have a disadvantage, they can't stack their raid passes and play all raids at weekend.

  • I thought that releasing this feature was for people to group up more, BUT grouping to raid is pointless, since you can only do 1 raid per day and that's it. Who will agree to travel/gather into a place to fight one boss for 5 minutes and done?

  • You can't introduce a system (raid battles) that needs many players and then lock everyone out because you limit everyone to 1 pass per day, and no selling premium passes doesn't fix this, i don't get the reason, maybe you wanted to limit bots and spoofers but you also slap your active players that way. Consider the amount of free passes before you roll out raids or the system may fail.

Since raids are going to be one of the biggest and most awesome feature we are gonna get, please Niantic don't lock us behind pay-walls to play (We don't know the amount of coins you will need for premium passes, but i don't expect them to be that cheap).

One solution is to have more stacks of passes per 10lvls, for example:

  • 10+ get one pass/day,

  • 20+ get 2 passes/day,

  • 30+ get 3 passes/day,

  • 40+ get 4 passes/day.

That way you motivate people to get to higher levels (and 40) as soon as possible.

PS: That's only for discussion, we have some time before raids are being rolled out, we have a lot of answers to get, but i think now is the time to raise our concerns before they are released, so we get the changes we need.

  • shout-out to /u/NianticGeorge & /u/NianticIndigo our awesome community support guys, if you are out there, and you have an opinion on the subject, please take your time and leave a comment to our concerns about it, get our voice into the team if possible, we will really appreciate it.

tl;dr: You can't add a feature that requires cooperation and then make it limited to once per day because finding others that haven't used it already will be very hard.

submitted by /u/Vissarionn
[link] [comments]

Everyone chill. The gyms will not re-open for a little while longer. It will probably be during the next force update (IE end of event)

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:55 AM PDT

Other than that, ive got a route lined up to start gunning. Ive got 6 or so gyms lined up. Really excited to earn gym badges. The exploration for me is the fun part. What are yall looking for to?

submitted by /u/AlphaOmega1356
[link] [comments]

Update now available in Australia

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 04:42 PM PDT

Update is now ready for iOS in Australia, 303MB with all the good stuff. Gyms still say under construction but they look different now.

submitted by /u/NinjaShak
[link] [comments]

Sign posted at my friends new engineering internship...

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 07:50 AM PDT

The dangers of working in an Australian science laboratory

Posted: 21 Jun 2017 06:23 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.