Halo - Halo Community Update 06/22/17: Know Scope


Halo Community Update 06/22/17: Know Scope

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 05:50 PM PDT

Can we just talk about Spartan Group Omega's concept armor from the latest Community Update for a minute?

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 07:15 PM PDT

Had an amazing time with the Australian 405th in a group shoot!

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 05:06 AM PDT

Just finished painting my BoomCo AR, Pretty happy with the results :)

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 06:39 AM PDT

Dear 343, please make a poncho chief mission in Halo 6

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 12:20 PM PDT

Thank you

submitted by /u/Bennylegend
[link] [comments]

I think there should be a refund for a used REQ card if it's in play for less than 30 seconds

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 08:19 PM PDT

Like when you pull out an ONI Wasp and it gets instantly shot out of the sky by a Splaser for example. And it would be refunded after the game ended, not during of course.

That's all, keep on scrolling.

submitted by /u/Schooter24
[link] [comments]

Introducing the latest weapon to the Brute Arsenal for SPV3.1... the Brute Piercer, based off the concept art from the cancelled Halo MMO

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 11:35 AM PDT

Know Thine Enemy

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 11:47 AM PDT

My thoughts on what's going on with Halo 6

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 07:37 PM PDT

So, at E3 this year we got nothing on Halo 6 (or whatever it will be called). People were confused, as Halo is Microsoft's biggest IP and that they would want to show it off on the Xbox One X in 4K. People then speculated that it will be at either Gamescom or PAX, which has now been shot down. Ske7ch has also confirmed that there won't be a beta for Halo 6 this year. Bonnie Ross said every game will now get a beta, to ensure it's the best game possible. Saying there won't be a beta this year pretty much confirms that Halo 6 won't be coming out next year. This is big news, the traditional production of a Halo game is 3 years, with the teaser trailer a year before at E3. So, what the hell is going on, and what does this mean for Halo 6?

A big contributor to this is Halo 5: Guardians. The game was not given the greatest reviews/reactions from the fanbase and the internet. While critics do have some influence, most gamers listen to the YouTubers and bloggers. The game got very good scores from sites like IGN and Gamespot, while many others from the community were very disappointed. The biggest criticisms of the game were: the Campaign's story was quite weak, gameplay didn't feel like Halo, ect. Before Halo 5, Frankie confirmed that Halo 6 was already entering production. This was back in 2015, around mid September, nearly 2 years ago. I think the reactions to Halo 5 have made a massive impact on Halo 6. We have known that there has been some shakeups in the higher-ups at 343, some people leaving as well as some key members. Brian Reed was lead writer on Halo 5, and had probably written the script for Halo 6, ready to go. In late 2016, he was elevated to Narrative Director (Kevin Feige of Halo). However, just a few months ago, Reed left 343 and with that, the positions of writer and Narrative Director needed to be filled. Narrative Director position has been filled, but no word on writer, but it's probably been filled (by Kevin Grace). Frankie has said that they've changed direction, and that John will be the focus of the game, which was not originally the plan. This will mean that a whole new script will have to be written, and they can't rush it and risk the script being bad like Halo 5's. Another issue people had is with the gameplay. People have been heavily critical, saying it doesn't feel like Halo anymore. The thruster pack, Spartan Abilities, smart-scope. Many people feel that it's a deviation from what made Halo special and stood out from other shooters. Another problem Halo 5 suffered was sales. While it didn't do poor by any means, it was the lowest selling Halo game to date. I think this is due to people not liking the direction the series is going, losing its identity in order to compete with other shooters.

I think 343 and Microsoft have seriously re-evaluated the situation of what to do next. I think initially, Halo 6 was supposed to come out next year, keep tradition going. With the heavy criticism to Guardians I think they were like "Wow! Okay, we really didn't expect this reaction. We need to rethink this whole thing." I think that they might've gone back to the whiteboard and somewhat started from scratch. Not completely, but a good chunk starting over. This has led to them realizing that they can't complete the production in a 3 year period, and they need a significant amount of time to make it the best it can be. I think 343 is quite nervous with this game. Halo 4 got an "eh" reaction, MCC was lambasted, and Halo 5 was not very well received. With Halo 6, they really have to prove that they can make an amazing Halo game, and make people excited again. Remember, Halo 5 was practically rushed onto shelves, with a massive chunk of game modes and features still not finished. It is quite evident that 343 can't make a game in the same timeframe as Bungie can, and they need to be given as much time as possible. They have to make it feel like Halo, yet fresh and new and yet keeping it in the same spirit as the older games. This is something they have to get right, or else people might up and walk from the franchise.

Overall, the situation for Halo 6 is an interesting one, with nothing at E3, or will be a Gamescom, PAX, and no beta this year, it's quite evident that Halo 6 will not be coming out next year. I think the game will be coming out in 2019, and I hope they take as much time as possible. There is no need to rush them, let them feel comfortable and this will allow them to make the game as best as possible. With this, I think Halo 6 will be an excellent game, and the stand-out in the Reclaimer Saga games.

submitted by /u/DaTruestEva
[link] [comments]

As easy as 1,2,3,4

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 09:16 AM PDT

I see you there

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 01:17 PM PDT

Detailed Scattershot "homing" display -- I'm surprised how many people underestimate this mechanic -- credits to aozolai (youtube.com/aozolai)

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 01:13 PM PDT

The Master Chief [Final](Credit to Soul on FP)

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 11:44 PM PDT

So, looks like the Hannibal Wasp can kill you through energy walls

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 03:00 AM PDT

Will Halo CE ever get a proper port?

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 09:26 PM PDT

The Multiplayer portion of Halo CE on the original Xbox is under 300mb and about 15yrs old. Why on earth cant we get an EXACT port of this? Why can two original Xboxs running though a tunneling program feel better than 2017 Xbox servers? Halo made Xbox. It deserves a true port.

submitted by /u/JayPCarnage
[link] [comments]

Any current known server issues?

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 06:05 PM PDT

Tried to play Reach on Xb1 but I'm not able to join a match.

submitted by /u/deadtofall12
[link] [comments]

Drew TheReachWay and his Spartan. Trying to get the hang of digital art.

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 09:52 AM PDT

Competitive Halo Highlights: June 13-20

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 09:10 AM PDT

Quick question about Halo Wars 2 and cross platform play

Posted: 23 Jun 2017 12:08 AM PDT

Just wanted to ask how the cross platform system worked. If I bought a physical copy of HW2 for Xbox, can I just insert it into the disk drive of my pc? Do I need to play it at least once on my xbox and then it will appear on the windows store library? Ty in advance bois.

submitted by /u/Defenestrated_Squid
[link] [comments]

Halo LAN Part 2!!

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 11:36 PM PDT

About a year ago I was trying and trying to get an old school halo LAN going and after numerous failed attempts I gave up and came here to vent about it. You guys kept my spirits up and motivated me to keep trying till I successfully got an 8 person LAN on halo 2! Pic from last year https://i.imgur.com/gSrn9Ly.jpg

A year later and I'm going for it again but bigger! As of right now I have 12 people coming over with 12 360s for a halo 3! Wish me luck and thanks for being such a great sub.

submitted by /u/twhale71
[link] [comments]

What's at stake in each match of tonight's HCS NA Pro League's final day of regular season play

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 01:19 PM PDT

So I just got my Elite controller. How do I map the 2 paddles for Recon?

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 02:01 PM PDT

I've got only 2 paddles on there as I've never played with a paddled controller before, so learning to use 2 more appendages is a struggle on its own. I've got the right one mapped to the jump button, for the left one should I put it as run, melee, or weapon swap?

submitted by /u/chromecarz00
[link] [comments]

TEAM ENVYUS vs RONIN ESPORTS NA HCS Pro League 2017 – Match Day 6

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 09:55 PM PDT

Did you know you can save the civilians on The Storm in Halo 3 from a scripted death from the Hunters?

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 09:29 PM PDT

"There s a problem with the dedicated server"

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 03:05 PM PDT

This just happened for the 4th time. The first 3 occurred while trying to start a WWFF match, but the most recent just occurred mid match.

submitted by /u/PoorReadingReedditor
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.