Civilization - When you REALLY don't like forward settling |
- When you REALLY don't like forward settling
- Mistakes Were Made
- A map of my first victory in 5 years of playing Civilization
- So... I still really like Civ VI...
- [CIV VI] I re-created the arabic world in world map !
- What's the best way to deal with mods crashing your game?
- What the hell Cleopatra?
- Best and worst wonders in Civ VI?
- Stacks of Doom versus Carpets of Doom - Which is the lesser evil?
- King too easy, Emperor too hard, what to do? :/
- She said she wanted to try one of my games. 5 hours later...
- [Civ VI] Weird difficulty scaling
- Sevel tiles, 44 food.
- Will be starting a mod-civs only Civ VI game soon, suggestions?
- Entertainment Complex Adjacency Bonuses
- Anyone else ever got these graphics? What is happening? Only seems to happen in multiplayer. No non-official mods.
- I found an awesome bay with two canals
- What would make an interesting new unique?
- Civ 5 mouse binding bug?
- Avoiding 2 of the same civs with mods
- No "One More Turn" Feeling for Civ VI?
- So how do I prevent a culture victory?
- Ideas for future Civ Games
| When you REALLY don't like forward settling Posted: 15 May 2017 08:19 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 15 May 2017 08:36 AM PDT
| ||
| A map of my first victory in 5 years of playing Civilization Posted: 15 May 2017 11:55 AM PDT
| ||
| So... I still really like Civ VI... Posted: 15 May 2017 09:20 AM PDT There's been a shit ton of threads lately about how "I tried to like it for many hours and realized I didn't like it," or something. I took a recent excursion back into 5 due to all the hubbub and I just wasn't enjoying it as much. I love how districts work in 6 and the focus on expanding early makes the game entertaining, as well as the lack of global happiness making wide strategies an actual good standard option. I usually play MP with a buddy or two and we always have a blast, even my AI games are fun (even if I know they're basically over after a certain point, I usually just end up quitting). Going back to 5 has it's strengths, don't get me wrong. Every game just feels very... similar. Go tall (anything else takes considerable planning and doesn't work sometimes), spend most of the game executing build orders with not that much war, then win by science victory or throw a nuke at someone else so they don't win by science victory. Maybe I'm missing something with V? I loved it back before VI but now I just can't go back. [link] [comments] | ||
| [CIV VI] I re-created the arabic world in world map ! Posted: 15 May 2017 01:44 PM PDT
| ||
| What's the best way to deal with mods crashing your game? Posted: 15 May 2017 04:02 PM PDT (This is Civ VI btw) I've been adding a lot of mods to my game recently, all from the steam workshop and I've been having a problem lately. Every time I start a game it will show a black screen with the text "Please wait", this is normal but then the text will turn into a smaller "Play Game" and then it will take me back to the main menu. I've tried turning off some mods and leaving on others but I can't seem to find any kind of pattern. Sometimes it will crash with only mods that have worked fine in the past, or work when only new mods are active. I'm really confused and the results to the tests I've made have been extremely inconsistent. Please help. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 15 May 2017 11:12 AM PDT I just liberated her long-dead capital, and she's denounced me a turn later? Why bother? [link] [comments] | ||
| Best and worst wonders in Civ VI? Posted: 15 May 2017 05:01 AM PDT Now that we've all had some time to really play what do you think are the strongest and weakest wonders? For me I think Mont Saint-Michel is the weakest wonder by far For the strongest I think it's either Big Ben or the Forbidden City. [link] [comments] | ||
| Stacks of Doom versus Carpets of Doom - Which is the lesser evil? Posted: 15 May 2017 10:06 AM PDT So some random guy in another thread said to me:
So here we are. Should the Civilization franchise continue walking the path V set, limiting players to only ever have a single unit per tile? Or should it return to its former gloy of IV where you didn't have to micromanage deadlocks every single turn? As a completely neutral and totally unbiased observer I say, let the discussion begin! 1UPT sucks stacks 4eva [link] [comments] | ||
| King too easy, Emperor too hard, what to do? :/ Posted: 15 May 2017 03:48 AM PDT This. At king i can achieve any kind of vctory. At emperor i cant recover fast enough to beat others at science or culture. ps: playing always at standard map with -2 city states. [link] [comments] | ||
| She said she wanted to try one of my games. 5 hours later... Posted: 15 May 2017 06:43 PM PDT
| ||
| [Civ VI] Weird difficulty scaling Posted: 15 May 2017 06:29 PM PDT So I've been playing civ 6 for a couple months now and have a fairly good handle on it. I've mostly been playing on Prince difficulty and have had no problems beating just about any combination of AI and was about to move up to King, but decided to knock out some quick achievements on Settler. I proceeded to get absolutely shitstomped by Mvemba, cultural victory in the 1600s, okay, that was my fault for letting him grab MsM and not building any cultural buildings... So I reload into another game, great start with Philip, even expand faster than I usually would due to such a good start. Check the score just before I move into the modern era and I'm in 3rd place (score-wise), not by much but way more than I should be on this difficulty. Is there some sort of weird AI "scaling" that tries to make it competitive to your play level regardless of the difficulty setting? Or am I just unlucky/bad. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 15 May 2017 05:43 PM PDT
| ||
| Will be starting a mod-civs only Civ VI game soon, suggestions? Posted: 15 May 2017 04:28 PM PDT As i have not played with modded civs yet I would like some suggestions from you guys, what are the best ones out there? [link] [comments] | ||
| Entertainment Complex Adjacency Bonuses Posted: 15 May 2017 09:38 AM PDT The Entertainment Complex in Civ VI is one of the few districts that doesn't benefit from any adjacency bonuses, which I think is a shame as it often results in their careless placement, taking away from the city planning aspect. What are people's opinions about this? Would having adjacency bonuses be too strong? Thematically, I don't think it makes much sense not to have them, and would be open to Entertainment Complexes providing 1 additional Amenity from every adjacent Theater District or Neighborhood. Thoughts? [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 15 May 2017 10:27 AM PDT
| ||
| I found an awesome bay with two canals Posted: 15 May 2017 07:21 PM PDT
| ||
| What would make an interesting new unique? Posted: 15 May 2017 07:19 PM PDT Part of what makes Civ interesting is the variety of unique features civs have, and the mechanics behind them. In Civ 6, Rome's Legion essentially gives you an early Military Engineer, Kongo's Mbanza gives you a huge midgame housing advantage, and Australia is powerful at responding to a war with their doubled production. But what might be an interesting new mechanic for a unique? Here are just some vague examples, but I'm interested to hear what other ideas might be out there:
Non-Civ 6 examples are fine as well. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 15 May 2017 01:17 PM PDT In the past, i've played on dual monitors with netflix open in a 1080p60hz monitor, and the game in my 4k, running at 1920x1080 because scaling. This is the first time i've played since I now have a 1080p144hz instead of the original 60hz monitor, and since the windows 10 creators update. Regardless of the mouse binding setting i'm unable to move my mouse out of the window. Has anybody else had this problem since the windows 10 update or should I be looking at my monitors? [link] [comments] | ||
| Avoiding 2 of the same civs with mods Posted: 15 May 2017 12:54 PM PDT I have downloaded most of JFD's mods on Steam. I am wondering if anybody has ever played with modded civs and had a double show up mid-way through the game. Like say I'm playing with JFD's Rome, I don't want to get halfway through the game and have the base game Rome show up. That would be kind of annoying. It's not a huge issue but something that if avoidable would be nice to know. I know I can manually enter the civs but if I keep it on random for sake of surprise will the game not add doubles including mods? [link] [comments] | ||
| No "One More Turn" Feeling for Civ VI? Posted: 15 May 2017 05:30 AM PDT So I was a big fan of Civ V and had many hours into it, and of course was addicted to it. But when I started playing Civ VI (haven't played VI in multiple months now), I never got that addiction of just one more turn. I'm not sure what it is, anyone else feel this too? [link] [comments] | ||
| So how do I prevent a culture victory? Posted: 15 May 2017 03:01 AM PDT I am trying to get to a score of 2500 and have thus prolong my current game is much as I can; I could've won by science 40 turns ago but decided to not research the last turn of the last Mars project. Right now I am conquering basically all the world without wiping out any civilizations (map for reference, I am Germany: http://i.imgur.com/fY0Fiyl.png) The problem I have right now is that after capturing most of Russia and now Congo plus building a few wonders myself my tourism has spiked to over 1800. I have managed to lower it a bit by gifting away lots of great works and unthemeing my museums, but now I feel kind of stuck and I'm worried that I will when a culture victory in the next few turns. Is there any way to prevent this in case I do not manage to get to 2500 points before that? Also, for future reference, is there any way to get the score up there without cheesing? [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 15 May 2017 05:53 AM PDT Does anyone have any ideas for what could one day be implemented into the series? My two cents are:
(If these ideas are terrible, it's simply cause I've only put 40 hours into Civ 5 so far so I'm somewhat new to the series) [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Sid Meier's Civilization. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment