Minecraft - TIL Compasses are now obsolete.


TIL Compasses are now obsolete.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 09:29 AM PDT

Do NOT wear more than two parrots! The third one will be deleted!

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 05:46 AM PDT

��"Jarr harr fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is all right with me, do what you want cause a pirate lives free, YOU ARE A PIRATE" ��

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 06:53 AM PDT

Snapshot 17w13a

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 01:40 AM PDT

You no longer drop items that are in the crafting table when closing the gui!

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 01:35 PM PDT

I was playing around with the new recipe book and noticed I didnt drop anything when I exited, so I put a bunch of items into the table and then close the inventory and all the items went back to where they were originally.

Sorry if everyone knows this or I missed someone posting about it already but I just thought it was an awesome change that'll stop me losing items.

submitted by /u/DarkVamprism
[link] [comments]

...And the mapmakers squealed with excitement

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 08:35 AM PDT

My parrots kept falling off my shoulder whenever I used the Elytra, so I improvised.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 02:35 AM PDT

Heads up modders: This snapshot is the first Minecraft version to require (and therefore use) Java 8. You can now finally use 7/8 features!

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 04:23 AM PDT

When your dogs find a skeleton hiding underground

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 12:01 AM PDT

Updated Terracotta textures

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 08:27 AM PDT

One of the biggest projects in Minecraft I've taken on so far...happy with the result =)

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 07:55 AM PDT

Progress Book - Found this UI in the 17w13a snapshot assets

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 12:28 PM PDT

Minecraft is starting to fall into "Better Than Wolves" syndrome again

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 09:44 AM PDT

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, in the Beta days, Notch had started to add more trivial stuff, like wolves, thus wasting time that could have been spent on big game-changing things, like Mechanical Power (which BTW is focused on).

Anyways, this is really starting to become apparent once again. Sure, Magma and Nether Wart Blocks, Parrots, Llamas, Beetroot, etc. are all neat in their own respect, but they don't really add a whole lot to the game. The things that really changed the game were Pistons, Redstone, Creative mode, Hunger, etc.

To be fair, Mojang has added a lot of game-changing stuff from the mapmaking point of view recently (better command blocks, structure blocks, custom advancement system), but as far as in-game gameplay mechanics go, it's been pretty dry. The End Expansion was a step in the right direction, but it's a very endgame thing and thus not relevant a lot of the time, as well as not actually having a whole lot of stuff in it (it takes ages to find end cities). Cartographers were neat, but Villages are rare and Mansions are often tens of thousands of blocks away to provide an hour of scrounging around to grab some okay loot and a totem.

There really needs to be something completely new and big that can really add a lot to the game as a whole, not just mapmaking, like mechanical power or tool customization. These are the kinds of these that are useful and interesting in survival Minecraft, adventure maps, and minigame servers alike. People often criticize recent updates for being too "mod-like", but it's not that they resemble mods, it's that they resemble small unneeded mods. If they added something like Chisel and Bits or Tinkers Construct or Better Than Wolves it would be amazing. Even the Quark mod, a mod all about small additions to the game, would be an awesome update to the game, since it still adds some brand new systems like revamped Dungeons and Pistons or Treasure Maps. Even though it has a lot of minor changes, there's such a large quantity of them that it's still good. Mojang just can't develop so many random small features in a timely fashion.

We really just need one thing that's new and big, rather than a lot of kind of new but not unique and small. Older players remember how awesome it was when Sprinting or Hunger or Creative mode was added. We need more big stuff like this.

submitted by /u/TheRedstoneBlaze
[link] [comments]

PSA: Invisible, invulnerable, silent parrots make great fireballs

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 11:21 AM PDT

You should be able to find a black/purple parrot on the end ships in the end.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 02:55 PM PDT

Would just be a bonus for finding one of these ghastly enderships. Get an elytra plus a small purple pal to take home with you.

submitted by /u/NitroTitan
[link] [comments]

In 17w13a There's a book called Knowledge Book, what does this thing do?

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 05:29 AM PDT

One tiny little thing that bugs me about parrots..

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 07:42 AM PDT

When parrots sit on your shoulder, not only can you not see them in first person, but they go dead-silent. Parrots never shut up, and I'm honestly afraid I'd forget they're there.

...Which could be really bad if I jump in a situation that will kill the parrot. (Like a creeper explosion.)

Plus, it'd be cool to go around caves with the parrot making noises of mobs on your shoulder without having to worry about it flying into lava.

submitted by /u/DanglingChandeliers
[link] [comments]

City's moving along, shot from where I'm working towards where I'm finished.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 10:27 AM PDT

The new advancements system - powerful with custom resource packs!

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 05:36 AM PDT

Since we didn't get colored beds have a colored quilt on your bed

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 04:47 AM PDT

TIL: Spiders will climb Worldborders until they despawn

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 07:04 AM PDT

Getting Achievements while I still can. This ones a first

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 03:02 PM PDT

Enchantment tables no longer have the spinning book, and instead simply say "enchant" when you point at them.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 06:54 AM PDT

I want mah spinny book bak ;-;

submitted by /u/TheRedstoneBlaze
[link] [comments]

I learnt the fill command! Better late than never.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 07:38 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.