Learn Dota 2 - 5.4k coaching with Dem!goD, every day 12-5 EST


5.4k coaching with Dem!goD, every day 12-5 EST

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 09:30 AM PDT

Hello!

https://www.twitch.tv/demigoddota

I finally finished school and I decided I want to have something to occupy my time, so I'm getting back into streaming. I'll be coaching every day M-F 12-5 PM (occasionally a bit later, it depends on which shift my wife works, I get offline when she gets home generally). I want to set a schedule for myself, by forcing myself to do something with my days it means I probably am less likely to waste them :)

Coaching starts at 12 noon. If I start streaming earlier in the day, I'll be laddering, and if I run over a bit, I'll finish the game and start coaching immediately afterward.

Since my stream is small, just join my chat channel (user channel Dem!goD) and I can invite to party from there. We play unranked, I put myself as coach, everyone wins :)

If the channel grows a bit, we can use a google docs spreadsheet to sign up in an orderly fashion, but for now, that isn't really necessary.

I dont charge anything, so if you find it useful, leave a comment here and i'll call it even :)

edit: my youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/demigodtv

edit2x: this is actually a 5.5k stream now as I won 2 ranked games on stream before ppl showed up haha

submitted by /u/DemigoDDotA
[link] [comments]

A list of dota 2 heroes and counters

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 06:53 PM PDT

Treant Tips

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 03:32 PM PDT

Any higher level player who can give me key tips to getting better with this hero, I've only played three games as him but have decent knowledge of position 5 supporting and treants abilities. Enjoying saving people from across the map.

DOTABUFF link is here --> Pyrocyre

submitted by /u/pyrocyre
[link] [comments]

Can someone explain the possible purchases in Dota 2?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 04:25 PM PDT

Hey guys I've been playing dota 2 for about 3 months now, and the one thing I'm really lost about is wagering, season passes, and battle passes. What do they do? What do you get for purchasing them? Any advice? Thank you!

submitted by /u/AH_starwars
[link] [comments]

Why do pros (like EE) use Requiem so far away from heroes?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 06:04 PM PDT

I was watching the NP vs EG game, and multiple times Envy would use his ult at like 800 range at the end of a team fight. Was he just doing this so that he could do some damage safely and didn't care about the CD? He had plenty of time to cancel.

submitted by /u/tch
[link] [comments]

Witch Doctor and Medallion/Crest

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 02:10 PM PDT

In theory it seems like a really solid pickup for Doc especially as it amplifies the damage from Ult while also "synergising" with his Damage talent. He's also very squishy so the Armour (and Evasion) is very much appreciated.
Looking at Dotabuff, why is it never picked up?

submitted by /u/AwesomeArab
[link] [comments]

TIL you can Burrowstrike through Void's ult

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 05:26 AM PDT

Apparently time can't be stopped underground. If you have Aghs on SK, you can burrowstrike straight through Void's ult to the other side without being affected. If Void is on your team there wouldn't be much point to this...but it's nice to know if it's an enemy void and you want to stun him while he's beating on your allies (without getting trapped yourself).

submitted by /u/jopeters4
[link] [comments]

Starting Items for Roaming Supports

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 06:42 PM PDT

I've been trying to play a more roaming style support role lately (Bounty, Abaddon, Ogre, Nightstalker, Tusk, Venge, Monkey King, Slardar to name a few). How do you decide which "roaming starting items" to get (alongside tangos and a ward possibly): OoV, Boots, Stout Shield, and Blight Stone, and if you should save for a bottle?

submitted by /u/Kaldricus
[link] [comments]

Axe - when to build Vanguard/Crimson?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 06:17 PM PDT

Been spamming Axe a lot (2.9k MMR) and I've been having quite a bit of success.

One item that is commonly picked up that I feel like I never know when to buy is Vanguard (and when to upgrade it to Crimson).

Usually I head into the offline with regen, stout shield, wards, and maybe a ring of protection depending on the lane. I try to get tranquils ASAP and depending on how the lane is going / if another teammate needs XP, I fall into the jungle and go straight to blink. After blink my build varies based on what I'm up against, but variations include blademail, pipe, etc.

Where does Vanguard fit into this? Maybe after blink if I feel like I'm feeling a bit squishy and I'm up against illusion based heroes or low damage cores in the early game like sniper?? And then if I do get Vanguard, when do I upgrade it to Crimson?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Urzuz
[link] [comments]

7.03/4 Nightstalker help.

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 02:00 PM PDT

I've been playing nightstalker recently and i really want to love him. I normally only play support, so i was hoping he would introduce me to some starting carries or what not. the guides i see start him off with phase boots (fast movement and decent damage which helps for lh and ganking.)

The next item is like aghs. and i love his aghs. especially at my mmr when if i dont support, it still provides so much vision for the team if the supports cant get wards up for what ever reason.

I like basher and other items, but i dont know how to go and build them. I delayed aghs last match and got basher, it didnt go super well as it took a while being solo offlane and not being able to farm too much. I want to try shadow blade but what else should i get for him early to help build him into a carry/semi carry?

In comparison to someone like clinkz or some agi carry where you can get aquila and phase into deso or something. Is there somethng like Aquila for STR hero that can be an intermediate item between phase and something like deso for night ganks?

submitted by /u/Ambrotus
[link] [comments]

How to deal with really terrible match-ups mid?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 08:52 AM PDT

How do you deal with terrible match-ups mid on heroes that can't jungle well. I understand that it will differ by hero, but are there general strategies?

submitted by /u/-Reverb
[link] [comments]

Is there a list of recommended items to get vs certain heroes?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 05:48 AM PDT

How to pick a specific support?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 05:35 AM PDT

Is there any way to know when pick a certain support?

Is it whether to counter certain hero or something else? I currently try to spam Ogre , Treant & Necrophos(?).

submitted by /u/zhivix
[link] [comments]

Is Pugna too weak this patch? [Discussion]

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 10:13 AM PDT

(Edit: Not meant to be a negative post. Just trying to use stats to support a somewhat negative opinion. Edited the post a bit to sound less negative and more reasonable. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's kind of bad that a carry has worse armor and health than 90% of supports halfway to level 25. I'd like to have a discussion about this because I'm genuinely interested in whether this type of stat distribution is balanced.)

Hey guys. I played two Pugna matches the other day, wining the first, losing the second. Both were on the longer side (50ish & 1 hour & 5 minutes) and I felt like I contributed very little. I can tell you now that my last hitting wasn't the best early game in both matches, so I built aether lens a little slower than desirable. However, I would die very easily in the mid game and later, even after getting my cores (aghs and aether lens).

I realized that Pugna's hp pool is honestly so low (17 base strength + 1.2 strength per level, 1100 health without items) and has mediocre armor (16 base agility + 1 agility per level, 4.71 armor without items). At some point, I have plenty of mana and intelligence than I have a use for (26 base intelligence + 4.5 int per level). I don't see the point in being a carry if you die in 3 hits late game. Maybe I build Octarine, Bloodstone, and Heart to compensate for low health, but if someone builds desolator, it really doesn't matter because I still die very quick.

Maybe I'm not playing him right. Maybe his ability combinations are so strong that his health, armor, health regen, and attack speed have to be worst than most characters I feel like even support super backline Pugna is an easy target. He doesn't need this much int gain. Give him regular agility gain (maybe like +2 per level) and give him meh strength gain (less than 2, but more than 1.2). To round this out, lower his int gain to maybe something between 3 & 4, maybe even just to 3.

In this game, having high agility and strength gain work because it gives you more tankiness (more health and health regen from high strength gain & strength items; more armor from agility gain and agility items). It's why tanks can have survivability with amazing strength, despite lackluster agility and intelligence, as well as agility carries having great survivability with amazing agility, despite lackluster strength and intelligence.

However, having very bad strength and agility, but having tons of mana and mana regen is bad if your abilities and cores don't compensate.

TL;DR: Pugna has abysmal stats, having less health armor and health at level 15+ than Dazzle, Crystal Maiden, Winter Wyvern, Shadow Demon, and most, if not all supports. However, he has the highest int gain in the game and one of the largest base int in the game. What do you guys think? Does Pugna's stats need to be changed or is he good how he is?

submitted by /u/Liamrun
[link] [comments]

Best guides ever

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 12:35 PM PDT

Hey guys, imagine I am 3k and you want me to go for 4k and more. What would be guides you would recomend? (I am like 4.5 now) I cant think nothing else than ChaQ adevanced guide to midlane. Do you have some real gems about this game?

submitted by /u/TragedDota
[link] [comments]

Is there anyway to get the 500 range radius circle?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 08:29 AM PDT

I am trying to learn more about creep aggro and saw that in ChaQ's New Ultimate Guide to Advanced Middle Lane Solo that you can type a command to get the 500 aoe radius around your hero. I have tried typing that command in Dota and it does not seem to work. Am I doing something wrong or is there a different way to type that command in?

submitted by /u/AnbuDota
[link] [comments]

If someone afks and abandons before first blood, will the game still count when I leave?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 11:09 AM PDT

Title. Someone afked and nobody died before the abandon, just left the game since I didn't feel like fighting a 4v5, will the game count as a loss? I'm on a 5 game winstreak so hoping not :(

submitted by /u/Dunked_Biscuit
[link] [comments]

Will Alchemist get another nerf?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 07:15 AM PDT

Looking at the recent DAC games and high level pubs I feel like Alch is super strong as he can comeback easily from a bad early game or he could also snowball out of control. With Aghs and Moonshard your late game is also good.

What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/Durdel
[link] [comments]

Why is Tinker being nominated for banning in literally 60% of my pub games?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 09:51 AM PDT

Like 2 months ago I saw tinker being nominated for banning like every 10th game or so. Now it is being nominated over 60% of my pub games. Did something change that I've missed or do people just hate playing against him?

submitted by /u/PuscOverDose
[link] [comments]

Manta on Arc Warden?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 05:17 AM PDT

I noticed that Arc Warden can use Manta, then Tempest Double, then Tempest Double's Manta, and then put 6 controllable units into Magnetic Field, and then have 4 Manta illlusions after the Double fades away.

This seemed like a pretty simple and powerful combination for taking fights/towers.

However, I also noticed that Manta isn't a common pick up on Arc Warden, why is that?

submitted by /u/lookseedooso
[link] [comments]

When should I buy infused raindrops?

Posted: 26 Mar 2017 09:04 PM PDT

What game situations should I be looking for that should make me think "I should buy raindrops"?

Trying to improve my itemization and I feel this is an item I don't have a good sense for.

submitted by /u/LinkYourDotabuffBot
[link] [comments]

Counter to Lifestealer

Posted: 26 Mar 2017 08:43 PM PDT

I heard Purge saying that Jugg is a counter to LS but can someone tell me why? I would have thought that ranged heroes would be able to kite him, or heroes like Enigma, Void, Magnus.

submitted by /u/Durdel
[link] [comments]

Bane's nightmare and bkb

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 07:48 AM PDT

Hi. I'm starting to learn to play bane, but I can't grasp some of the hero skill's mechanism. I know nightmare only transfer with auto attack, but what if I nightmare myself, and pa with bkb activated, auto attack me?

Similar scenario. If I enfeeble pa, then he pop bkb, does it get dispel? Tooltip said its undispel-able. Should I trust tooltip?

Last game I play, me and Sven vs jug at Btm lane (we are dire). I lvl1 enfeeble to stop him last hitting, and give Sven all last hit. Can't zone him out due to Lina, but we did disrupt his farm. Question is, how do I pull back the creep? Due to enemy not last hitting and us killing creeps, we are constantly near enemy tower.

submitted by /u/katabana
[link] [comments]

What happens when a 6k gets matched into a high skill (3200-3700 MMR) game

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 07:44 AM PDT

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3079790788

The 6k dude is kind of obvious :)

AD (Ability Draft) is kinda clowny, but honestly his build wasn't the thing that killed us, it was just how much better he was then the rest of us. We were lucky to kill him the one time (I think we traded 4 for that one kill).

His team didn't do particularly well either. He just singlehandedly destroyed us. Didn't help that my build was pretty bad (bad game to try something out), but honestly it felt like the dude coulda randomed all his skills and the result would have been the same.

Not the greatest game to share from a feeling good about yourself standpoint, but I thought it was pretty interesting to have a 6k dude in a game like this.

Edit - spelled out Ability Draft in full (was AD)

submitted by /u/Hannibal_Spectre
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.