Minecraft - The thread that Notch posted when he released the first version of Minecraft


The thread that Notch posted when he released the first version of Minecraft

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 04:20 AM PDT

Every squid/ink farm needs a roof!

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 10:11 AM PDT

I think I'm having way too much fun with this

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 06:48 AM PDT

The First Minecraft Bridge

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 12:08 PM PDT

Similarly to the alternating layers of grey stained glass fog affect, alternating layers of light blue stained glass creates this light water effect

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 11:32 AM PDT

Recreated New Parrot Mob (Explanation In Comments)

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 12:03 PM PDT

The second ever recorded video of Minecraft that was posted publicly (the first one was deleted)

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 09:21 AM PDT

Biome Specific Stone (Done With Resource Pack)

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 02:46 PM PDT

CanionCraft

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 11:03 AM PDT

I just released the first version of Minepanel, a simple GUI that allows you to easily manage and run a Minecraft server and adds custom commands!

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 03:13 PM PDT

Hey guys!

A long while back (a couple years or so), I started a little side project called Minepanel. Minepanel is a simple GUI for running your own server, which works just like the normal GUI, except it added a properties window which managed your server.properties for you with some simple check boxes.

Fast forward to 2017, wherein I have completed and released the first version of Minepanel, v1.0.0-beta! It now also adds custom commands to your server! These commands are basically an easy way to say one command and have it run a whole chain of commands in the game, like, for example, giving random players cookies, giving everyone diamonds, etc.!

For those who want to give their server more RAM, there's a window that lets you do just that, and explains how much you can have.

If you guys are interested, I would love to hear some feedback from the community! Given that this is written in Java, you can run it on macOS or Windows. I don't currently have a Linux build available, since I'm not at my Linux machine and don't feel right releasing something I can't test myself. Sorry, Linux users!

Link to the project

If you find any issues while using Minepanel, or you find something that seems a little broken, let me know! I'm always trying to make my programs better and better.

-Will

submitted by /u/Will_Eccles
[link] [comments]

Redditors on Minecraft, i present to you Minecraft on reddit

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 08:24 AM PDT

Steve is the parrot king! https://t.co/R8LA4oEejo

Posted: 26 Mar 2017 11:27 PM PDT

Ocean Overhaul

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 03:47 PM PDT

May I present to you…. The Ocean Update,or 1.13! This update would focus on an overhaul to the ocean. Now….. Let's begin

Structures

The Ocean feels pretty bland…… So, let's add structures! So, right now the only ocean structure we have are monuments, so let's add 4 new ones!

First, since we have parrots, why not add pirate ships to have pirates that spawn on them. Pirates ships would have a 12.5% chance of spawning once every 4 by 4 area of chunks. There would be 3 types of ships:

Ghost ships: These would appear rarely, about 5% of all ships. Ghost ships would be ships that appear broken down, and are made of dark oak. They look similar to the schooners, except with large holes in them, and treasure chests scattered about. These ships would look similar to the first picture. The mob spawning there would be Husks, Vexes, and Strays (to represent dead sailors), with 2 spawners for each. In these ships, there is a room called the captain's quarters. In this, there would be a mini boss, which is a Husk, named Captain, that is holding an enchanted diamond sword with looting (get it?) and enchanted chainmail armor. Upon defeating the Captain, he would drop an essential item for crafting and summoning the new boss. (which I will explain later) : The Strange Horn.

Schooners: Similar to the ghost ships, but made of spruce wood. These would have 2 masts, with fences surrounding them. Each mast would have a black banner with a white skull on it. There would be 4 spawners in the place where cannons would be. There will also be a captain, similar to the Ghost Ship's, but he will have an enchanted iron sword, and drop 1-2 wet sponges, and 5-12 gold/diamonds/emeralds.

Dinghy:these would be small, and only have 1 mast,set up like the schooner's. Only 1 spawner will be there, spawning helmet wearing zombies. There would be 1 chest, containing gold, diamonds, emeralds, iron and rotten flesh.

Pirate coves: These would be small islands in the middle of the ocean, with a schooner or multiple dinghies and a crude dock. There would be small huts similar to the small villager houses all over the island. 4-5. Husks would spawn here regularly. Hostile parrots would also spawn.

Atlantis: Now here's where we get to the big stuff. Using a prismarine and flint (explained below), craft a portal made of sponge inside water (shaped like a nether portal). Light it with the prismarine and flint. Once entering, you would be in a 5x5x5 room, made of sea lanterns. This would be your entrance to Atlantis, a realm entirely of water. Once breaking out, you would find many villages, however, they are made of prismarine and stone. Inside these villages, you would find Fishagers. These guys would look like Squidward and villagers had a baby, with a guardian tail coming out the bottom. You could trade them fish, prismarine, sponge, etc. for metals or armor. (a special set explained below). The Fishillages would spawn in a circular arrangement around a large spire of glass with a prismarine base. Upon swimming to the top, you would find a pirate cove, but instead, you would find Poseidon. (explained in Mobs section)

Items

The strange horn: this is an item you would receive by defeating a ghost captain. Using this strange horn, craft it as such

Prismarine Prismarine Prismarine

Stick horn stick

Leather leather leather

This would get you a Kraken Hammer. Using this Kraken Hammer, use it in Atlantis and wait a couple seconds. You will begin to hear growling, and suddenly, The Kraken will appear! He will be explained below. The Kraken Hammer can also be used as a weapon, and deal 5 points of damage.

Merletal

Fishagers will sometimes trade dark prismarine and fish for merletal ingots. These can be crafted into armor, with the same durability and protection as iron armor. However, when you wear 1 piece, you will gain Respiration 1. 2 is Resp 2, etc. When wearing the boots, you get Depth Strider, and the helmet gives you Aqua Affinity. Tools and bows and weapons will have an increased attack rate underwater, and arrows fired with a Merletal bow will travel straight in water. The recipes would be exactly the same.

Kelp: kelp could be found growing like vines on gravel underwater, and these would reach towards the top of the ocean, stacking similar to ladders. These could be harvested and combined with a bowl to make a Kelp Bowl, which would restore 2.5 hearts.

Coral: these would grow similar to Chorus Plants, and appear similar, except the purple part can be red, green, or pink. When crafted, these will yield coral shards. These can be replaced for lapis in enchantment tables to yield only water based enchants.

Jelly Tentacles. These can be crafted with a sword to make a sword, which would give 3 seconds of poison to the enemy when hit.

Treacherous Trident: Poseidon's trident. This would do 7 points of damage on land, and 10 in water or to waterbased mobs. Right click with it and you can summon a water source block. This reduces its durability by 2. This can be repaired with merletal.

Mobs

Jellies. These would spawn in Deep Ocean Biomes and Atlantis. They would have 10 hearts, and drop 1-2 slimeballs and 2 jellyfish tentacles.

Fish: these would look like silverfish underwater, and drop their respective fish.

Kraken: When the Kraken Hammer is invoked, the kraken will be summoned. He will apear similar to his OreSpawn version, except with a fatter body and fatter tentacles. He will have 310 health points (try to find out this reference). He will attack by squirting ink at the player, causing blindness for 5 seconds and .5 hearts of damage. He would also charge at the player, and leap out if the player is on land. If the player is within range of his hitbox, he will deal 5 points of damage. After that, he will flop around for a bit, like a guardian. He will also strike with his tentacles, dealing 10 points of damage. Upon death, he will drop 5-7 kraken beaks and 4 Kraken tentacles, as well as 1 Kraken Head, and 700 experience. The beaks can be crafted into weapons dealing 8 points of damage, and tools that deal (pickaxe: 5, hoe 4, axe 9, shovel 3) of damage, with 1.5 times as much durability as diamond tools. They will also function the same to diamond tools. Tentacles and the head are the trophy, and can be placed on armor stands.

Poseidon: the god of the sea. He will look like a buff Fishager, with a long white beard. He will have 250 health points, and wield a trident. He will charge at you, hitting you with a smack of the trident, dealing 8-9-10 points of damage.. If you hit him, he will flop into the water, and shoot you with beams similar to a guardian's. Once you kill him, he will drop his trident and fish. He will also drop 800 Xp.

submitted by /u/DropTheBanHammer
[link] [comments]

What ever happened to Project:Mythros?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 06:44 PM PDT

For those who don't know, Project Mythros was basically this attempt at a Minecraft overhaul mod that turns Minecraft into this Diablo-ish adventure mmo. It had a website and all, posting updates every now and then, but its site went down and I haven't been able to find anything about it.

submitted by /u/SilverShako
[link] [comments]

Incredibly high fps, but game still 'choppy'

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 04:27 PM PDT

I've looked up countless forum posts for this. My game is incredibly choppy, but I don't think it's an issue of specs. I can run Minecraft at around 180 fps without shaders; my build is a i7 7700k watercooled at 4.6 GHz and an RX 480 8 gb, so again I don't think it's specs. Here's what I tried:

  • Turning on VSync (makes it less 'choppy', but choppiness still present)

  • Messing with video quality settings, trying different resource packs

  • Allocating more (and less) RAM

  • Running vanilla instead of optifine.

  • Using a shader - ironically, there are no microstutters/choppiness when using a shader, but my FPS is obviously lower (with SEUS low I sit around 45 fps normally). I don't understand why I'm getting choppiness without shaders but then when I apply various shaders it goes away.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Edit: I should add that my CPU usage is never above 10% and my GPU usage normally hovers between 25 and 50% without shaders and around 80 - 100% with shaders.

I should also note that I have a FreeSync monitor, but in Minecraft I still get this choppiness and screen tearing that I don't get in any other game.

I tried literally every suggestion in this post with an identical issue and I'm still not able to fix this.

submitted by /u/treekon
[link] [comments]

I'd like to have these thermals function in Minecraft Vanilla

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 10:30 AM PDT

If you know it, there is a new Console Minecraft Minigame called "Glide", which uses the fire smoke to rise up elytra. Wouldn't this one be a nice addition to the Vanilla Minecraft game? Don't you think so? Well, now think about The Nether. Nice, right?

Link

submitted by /u/MisurGB
[link] [comments]

What is the deal with bridges?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 03:01 PM PDT

I am not very used to the Minecraft community, but I have noted that there seems to be something regarding bridges, but I don't get the joke, could you please explain me?

submitted by /u/Frigorifico
[link] [comments]

Survival Mode Experience Farm

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 10:46 AM PDT

Pictures of my fantasy / medieval build, "Seven Hills". Would love any feedback people can offer!

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 03:34 AM PDT

Off by one...

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 01:31 PM PDT

Arrgh! I need to vent my frustration.

I building an extension to my base on my realm. I started with the perimeter of the plateau I'm building, and there are places where I had to dig deep or fill up waters. I thoroughly counted the jack'o'lanterns I placed at every third block - or so I thought. When I was back to the original position, I noticed that things did not match as they should. I traced back to find the point, and finally found it - at the third jack'o'lantern from the start. Nearly the whole f-ing construction was off by one block...

submitted by /u/Treczoks
[link] [comments]

Did you know that you can have colored realm names!? (Requires download, everyone can see it)

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 04:27 PM PDT

Desert themed Rail Stops

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 07:51 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.