Guild Wars 2 - Tengu Revenant


Tengu Revenant

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 09:14 AM PDT

Even if old dungeons are abandoned, I believe that dungeons in the expansion content would add huge value for casual and experienced players.

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 05:35 AM PDT

Whew, that's a long title.

So we all know that ANET officially abandoned the central tyrian dungeons years ago because of how much of a mess of unfamiliar code they are. And I can totally understand that, given that they simply don't want to run the risk of breaking everything, even if it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Why Dungeons?

Raids are often complained about because they're too hard and therefore inaccessible content for less proficient and/or casual players , which are a big part of the Guild Wars 2 playerbase. Farming experience points through meta events is inconvenient because you can easily miss the "train", and those events are intentionally designed to be inaccessible on your own. This way of design heavily caters to hardcore players, and alienates those with little time to farm meta events, and those who cannot overcome the tremendous difficulty spike of raids.

Dungeons could alleviate this issue by offering instanced content, accessible at any time, that would be of an intermediate difficulty (between open world and raids, think T1 fractal level). It could also be expanded upon by, for example, rewarding players with tokens that can be exchanged for things like exotic armor with the new expansion stats, or utility potions such as increased gliding endurance.

For these reasons I believe that there should be at least one repeatable dungeon in one of the Living World Season 3 maps, and at least one, maybe 3, in the next expansion.

submitted by /u/Chris_7941
[link] [comments]

One really small visual feature of GW2 I've always liked...

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 09:02 AM PDT

The game would benefit alot from double reward weekends

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 10:53 AM PDT

With the expansion coming sometime soon™ i would love if ArenaNet adds double rewards weekends similar to the ones we had in GW1.

Double HoT areas rewards, double dungeon tokens, double WvsW exp and badges etc. It would help alot of areas in the game get populated and people to progress faster on stuff they are working on.

submitted by /u/Agar_ZoS
[link] [comments]

[Suggestion] Break Bar tutorial in Camp Resolve

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 09:04 AM PDT

Here's the thought process:

  • new player in HoT does not CC, get yelled at for not CCing. not fun for anyone, the yeller or the yellee; for instance DragonStand circular run - easy when ppl cc the vinetender, very hard when they don't.

  • new player could have used lvl 80 boost so putting the break bar tutorial into an under 80 does not work

  • putting the breakbar tutorial next to the dodge tutorial does not work because the player has very few skills at that point most of which are not CC

Solution: Put a break bar golem tutorial into Camp resolve! (Silverwastes starter waypoint where you end up if lvl 80 boosted)

  • break his bar in 10 seconds, get a blue chest

  • in 5, get a green

  • in 2, get a yellow!

Could be daily or once per life. But I'm not sure if it can be done instanced per player? Would it have to be? As long as player does some part of the bar breaking. Having many players work toward the yellow chest would reinforce the 'coordinate our CCs' idea.

Moo?

submitted by /u/KotMatroskin
[link] [comments]

I made the Berserker from For Honor.

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 01:31 PM PDT

New BLC Weapon Skins for Tomorrow

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 06:44 PM PDT

Doing Story on a new char. I don't want to leave...

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 08:13 AM PDT

https://puu.sh/v09EV/0d354d62b3.jpg

Being a player that recently came back to the game after a break of about 4 years or so, this has really hit me hard for some reason. I have so many good memories from Lion's Arch and tbh, it was one of the most enjoyable cities I have ever been in in an MMO. What it has become is such a disgrace; it retains not even a fragment of it's previous glory imo.

Ugh, wish there were a way to revert time or get back to this. I mean c'mon, surely the rebuilding efforts should be coming along by now, Anet!?

Oh well. To former, and better, days, everyone. Cheers!

submitted by /u/Duyi
[link] [comments]

Upgrade extractor, Metabolic Primer, Revive Orb 50% Off!!!1!!

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 09:11 AM PDT

Upgrade Extractor 125 gems. Metabolic Primer 75 gems. Revive Orb 125 gems.

A triple threat of awful gemstore items! Might make for the worst sale ever!

submitted by /u/arcdash
[link] [comments]

I too found HoT in the clearance bin!

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 07:01 PM PDT

After Commissions, some Cosplay

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 10:53 AM PDT

Hellou~ everyone, I'm pretty late with this stuff, but I wanted to share with you my Revenant cosplay I wore on Gamescom 2016. Some pictures were made in a castle and one was eddited by one guy whose name I don't know xD It took me almost forever to finish it (as fulltime worker it's very hard to find time to follow your passion) and I'm very proud of my biggest project until now. My next GW2 cosplay-goal is the legendary armor (maybe light or medium), but it's soon™ I hope you like it. If you're interested in the progress, you can find me on facebook (but its german) or instagram => Marthago Cosplay.

There we GO!

ps: keep the typos <3

submitted by /u/Marthago
[link] [comments]

For the next Fashion Wars update, I would like to disable hairstyle accessories with a styling/makeover kit.

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 01:13 PM PDT

I would love to give my Metathief the Flowerhair because I like the hairstyle, however the flower itself looks terribly tacky. Just like the sidecut beads or the needles in the stacked hair.

For styles like the ponytail, the "disabled" option should instead use a simple, small band in the same color as the hair itself, to preserve believability.

submitted by /u/Chris_7941
[link] [comments]

Info graphic on Cairn mechanics/patterns.

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 01:20 AM PDT

Some time ago I made a graphic for the patterns in the Cairn fight and since somebody told me it may come in handy for other people as well, I decided to share it with the public. I know that the fight isn't particularly difficult and given the DPS most experienced groups have, a lot of mechanics will be skipped anyways but it may still be useful to know. The positions are obviously not pixel perfect but it should usually be sufficient to know the general direction. https://imgur.com/a/bt630

submitted by /u/elLinus
[link] [comments]

News on the next expansion?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 01:07 PM PDT

Has there been any talk of preview dates, conventions that ArenaNet will be attending, or anything that I am not thinking of that may give some insight on the the direction/dates of the next expansion?

submitted by /u/RebornGeek
[link] [comments]

how is the state of revenant?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 05:45 PM PDT

title. how does it fair against other classes in pve? i plan on doing sword shield as i beleive its most viable. im a new player but very competitive in games. i may plan on pvping in the future, but mostly pve orientated.

submitted by /u/k0dy
[link] [comments]

Solo Ascalon Path 2 | 10:52

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 08:55 AM PDT

Bandit Trio has an great statue, but we can't craft it.

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 06:57 PM PDT

Anyone know the reason why the bandit trio encounter doesn't have trophy decorations and we can't craft a statue of it for the guild hall? Its the only one we can't craft and it looks great.

submitted by /u/Mez_Koo
[link] [comments]

March 27th Item sale: Metabolic Primer, Revive Orbs and Upgrade Extractors

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 09:01 AM PDT

No new items today.

no aviators =(

submitted by /u/Chris_7941
[link] [comments]

Is there anything besides MetaBattle?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 05:44 PM PDT

That's all. Nothing fancy. I don't think MetaBattle is that great and haven't found anything else on my own.

submitted by /u/goneriah
[link] [comments]

[Lore] Do Chronomancers actually use Chronomancy and control time, or is it all illusory?

Posted: 26 Mar 2017 11:30 PM PDT

So far several resources say they do, while several say they don't. Several mentions within announcements and news articles on the guild wars site state they do in fact manipulate time, for example https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hidden-arcana-creating-the-chronomancer/ says "The mesmer of Guild Wars 2 is just as fond of toying with reality and perception as its predecessor, but it also possesses the ability to twist the fabric of space and time in the form of skills like Time Warp and Temporal Curtain. Jon says that this made the chronomancer a natural choice for the mesmer's first elite specialization."

Of course, there is also the case of the actual specialization name, "CHRONOmancer", and a large variety of trait and ability descriptions that all state it is in fact manipulating time. But upon further digging, I found this may all be naught but a great mesmer ruse concocted by the greatest deception wielding wizards of them all, the ArenaNet Developers.

Many think that the nature of mesmerism was perverted enough from GW1 with the addition of things like magic involving space and reality. Some refuse to believe that the chronomancer is actually influencing anything other than perception, that they're still nothing but illusionists, but so skilled their very name is lie. And these people may not actually be wrong. A post by narrative lead Scott McGough seems to back up this theory, during a Q&A on the guild wars forums seen here https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/lore/Lore-Q-A/first#post6173721 Scott answered a question a lot of people had about the chronomancer.

"I see the chronomancer as much more a case of manipulating the local perception of time rather than manipulating time itself. The Continuum Split skill text specifically mentions a rift in time and space continuum, but I'm like you in that I take that to mean "continuum" as a perceived possibility that the chronomancer is working with rather than an actual time jump. It visually appears to let the chronomancer rewind time, but functionally it's a highly advanced, specialized mesmer clone that players directly control for a short duration while their real body is phased out—thus any damage, etc. happens to the Continuum Split clone (who disappears when the skill expires), and the PC resumes control of their real body unchanged from the moment they activated the skill (although they do retain any XP, etc. they garnered while in Continuum Split)."

Of course his wording could lead us to believe this is his own interpretation of the chronomancer, but a narrative lead saying this is definitely something to consider. I haven't found any other confirmation that chronomancers are simply illusionists that bend localized perception, but I have found people pointing towards this Q&A whenever the discussion comes up. A lot of people also think that in this game where you can rend the souls of your enemies, become a literal storm and bend the mists along with the legends contained within them to your own ends that actually being able to control time at all, even to a small localized degree that lets you slow down a Moa and speed yourself up for a couple of seconds, is going too far.

Tl;dr: Lots of contradictory statements and personal headcanons within the community and from the devs. Not enough clear cut answers.

I want to know what you guys think, is this just one dev stating their own interpretation, is there some kind of miscommunication amongst the creators leading to this confusion and multiple contradicting statements, or is this in fact the canon approach to the mesmers elite spec that they haven't brought up enough yet?

submitted by /u/EnuEros
[link] [comments]

Getting a lot of errors today. Is this common?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 09:10 AM PDT

EU HP-tour (Tangled Depths) Fri 31 18:00 CET

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 02:04 PM PDT

Greetings fellow Tyrians!

So I need the Tangled Depths HPs (Verdant Brink and Auric Basin were easy enough) and I seldomly catch any tours. So I'll just organise my own with Blackja...yeah. I have 8 characters to go so there will be 8 of these at least, though I don't know when...I'm sorry I'm not as good as /u/Trixi_Morrigna ;_;

This Friday (31 march) at ca 17:46 CET I will start a squad and put it up on the LFG. Then at 18:00 CET we'll kick of and grab all 11 HPs in Tangled Depths! Except for Order of Whispers Camp Waypoint [&BA4IAAA=] no other waypoints are needed, and only basic masteries (with mesmers we can get 10/11 with no masteries). The big exception is the Chak Driver HP which requires Itzel Poison mastery, no way around that and I'm putting that HP last.

I don't know if there's anything more to say. This is my first time so be gentle. If you have any questions I guess you can ask me here in the thread or PM on reddit or in-game @ Zorby (yeah, no numbers needed!).

(By the spirits...I'm committed to this now aren't I?)

submitted by /u/Zorby-
[link] [comments]

How do I get Miniatures ?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 04:13 PM PDT

Back when I left, you were able to buy those packs for gems that gave you 3 random minis of a set.

How do you get Minis now ?

submitted by /u/Thresh_will_q_you
[link] [comments]

Stupid question, but I'm very new! what class should I play

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 07:48 PM PDT

I've tried basically every class, I've gotten a warrior to level 20 but the warrior just seems too boring too me, I want a class that looks awesome and is fun to play, Of course fun is subjective so just tell me what class you like the most and why you like it Thank you in advance (:

submitted by /u/Hipsterswaggins
[link] [comments]

Is $25 about the normal price for the game now?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 07:45 PM PDT

Decided to jump back in after being out for 2 years thanks to advice from everyone. Is $25 about the best price for the game currently? Thank you.

submitted by /u/Rafa101010
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.