Hearthstone - Theorycrafting Thursdays Weekly Discussion


Theorycrafting Thursdays Weekly Discussion

Posted: 29 Mar 2017 05:09 PM PDT

Hello members of the /r/hearthstone community,

This is a weekly thread designed for more advanced discussion regarding the intricacies of Hearthstone. Questions and answers should be focused on high-level theory crafting, such as card synergy, efficient mana drafts, and the viability of cards in certain situations.

Please keep it clean and try to add more than just a one or two word response. As the goal of this post is to increase the community's knowledge, the thought process matters as much as the answer! There is also a Newbie Tuesday weekly post, for those who wish to discuss the basics.

Note: I am a bot. Questions or feedback regarding this thread? Message the moderators.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

What will happen on Un'goro Release Day.

Posted: 29 Mar 2017 11:31 PM PDT

Link

I just drew this, inspired by my own train of thought every time I try to imagine a deck to play with the newly revealed cards.

Cards featured are: Firefly, Tar Creeper, Vilespine Slatyer and Tol'vir Stoneshaper. Seems like it could be the start to a fun deck.

Fun things to note: Garrosh has an upgrade in his hand. That's why he feels uncomfortable attacking with the Rusty hook, and is staring remorsefully into the durability number. Also, the smoke from Patches' cannon blocks out the hero-power, 'cuz who needs armor when the enemy hero is dead in 5 turns.

submitted by /u/Fr33ly
[link] [comments]

Hey Blizz, at some point, can we get completely separate deck slots for Wild decks?

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 05:45 AM PDT

I'm a semi-new player who only started playing seriously at WotOG launch. I've never really seen a need to play Wild, because I didn't have many Wild cards.

But now that BRM, LOE, and TGT are rotating, I'll have a sizable chunk of my collection moving to Wild, and I can definitely see myself playing Wild just to get back to my dragon Priest and reno Mage fetishes.

My problem is, I already use most of my deck slots for standard decks. I like playing different things and experimenting. Since Blizz has said that more support for Wild is coming, could we eventually get completely separate deck slots for Wild?

EDIT: I know, I'm a madman. Let the memes begin.

submitted by /u/Musical_Muze
[link] [comments]

Nefarian vs Ragnaros, interrupted by Kel'Thuzad's kitty - Sketch I drew

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 07:12 AM PDT

Hi r/hearthstone! I'm a long time lurker, been playing since 2014 with a big break when they dropped support for my OS. Decided to ask for your thoughts on a sketch I drew: http://i.imgur.com/uBIKBp4.jpg

I think it would look great if I paint it in the Blizzard style, what do you think? One of my goals is to get to draw a Hearthstone card (preferably in the next year or two), but I have various art pursuits and I'm hesitant to direct my energy in only one direction, so I suppose I'm looking for a bit of motivation.

Background of the picture: Last year I challenged myself to draw a new idea every day, no matter how small or crazy. Had prepared a list of subjects to ease the process, as I usually didn't have long to draw every day - from 20 minutes to 2 hours tops. I tried to stray from fanart, but I'm a big fan of Hearthstone, so this mashup idea came right when I was wondering what different thing than the tropes to draw. Granted, the content is not what's current now, but it was current when I was most active in the game.

I'll appreciate any comments and feedback on this one.

submitted by /u/foctobar
[link] [comments]

New Druid Legendary revealed on German website

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 12:01 AM PDT

Disguised Toast here! I made a couple of guides and have a new website. Hope you guys find it useful!

Posted: 29 Mar 2017 03:29 PM PDT

HeyGuys!

My name is Disguised Toast and I have been playing Hearthstone since beta. I started making Hearthstone content back in early 2015, making infographics such as this and this. I then moved on to making videos such as Card Origins, Tournament Misplays and Hearthstone Interactions. I am also a streamer, memer and hot fire lyric spitter.

In celebration and anticipation for Year of the Mammoth and Journey to Un'Goro, I have made a couple of guides and updated my Hearthstone website to share with you all.

You can find these guides (and future guides) on my website.

I have recently redesigned and relaunched my website (with the team from Mana Crystals). We wanted to build a site that's fast and light weight, so we do not have any ads on the website.

We have a few 'static' guides on the website that will be updated continuously - the crafting guide, latest decklists from top players/streamers and deck rankings. Hope you guys will check them out and find them helpful. Once Un'Goro launches, we'll be populating the site with all the cool decks from the community.

You'll notice a lot of similarities with the site compared to Mana Crystals, so if you enjoyed using MC, I hope you'll enjoy using this site as well!

Year of the Mammoth holds a lot of promise and I am extremely excited for all the new cards and their potential!

Lights out.

PS: Be sure to purchase the correct card packs!

submitted by /u/DisguisedToastHS
[link] [comments]

Raptor Hunter is a terrible thing

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 07:30 AM PDT

[Interview] Trump: "Tempo Storm was a higher job for me, competitive-wise as well as offer-wise"

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 08:00 AM PDT

And if you put 'em all in, you gon' be ballin'

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 07:01 AM PDT

I'm not sure what I'm gonna be playing on day 1 of Un'Goro, but what I am sure of, is that if even one of you assholesbeautiful human beings queue into me with Pirate Warrior, I'm immediately switching to a deck with

  • 2x Tar Creeper
  • 2x Golakka Crawler
  • 2x Gluttonous Ooze
  • 2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
submitted by /u/tehniobium
[link] [comments]

Since the Big Dinosaur on the Un'goro cover art hasn't been released yet, here's a few potential ideas the "feature legendary" could be.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 07:39 AM PDT

I preferred the old "Elusive" animation

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 02:40 AM PDT

I liked a lot the effect of the old "Elusive" animation: how that thin coloured veil hovered over Faerie Dragon and Laughing Sister and the Naxx knight, made them feel so magical.
The current animation is just too much. A thick, ominous yellow-coloured cloud that totally obstructs the art. I crafted Soggoth, which has that great art, but I can't enjoy it when I play it because now it's a painty mess.
We're getting Tyrantus now, another legendary whose art can be seen only in your hand. I think we should revert to the old animation.

submitted by /u/izmimario
[link] [comments]

vS Data Reaper Report #43

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 09:00 AM PDT

Greetings!

The Vicious Syndicate Team is proud to present the 43rd edition of the Data Reaper Report.

As always, a special thanks to all those who contribute their game data to the project. This project could not succeed without your support. The entire vS Team is eternally grateful for your assistance.

This week our data is based off of over 2,200 contributors and over 72,000 games! In this week's report you will find:

  • Deck Library - Decklists & Class/Archetype Radars

  • Class/Archetype Distribution Over All Games

  • Class/Archetype Distribution "By Rank" Games

  • Class Frequency over previous 43 Weeks

  • Class Frequency by Day

  • Interactive Matchup Win-Rate Chart

  • vS Power Rankings

  • Analysis/Discussion of each Class

  • Meta Breaker of the Week

The full article can be found at: vS Data Reaper Report #43

Data Reaper Live (Beta) - After you're done with the Report, you can keep an eye on this up-to-date live Meta Tracker throughout the week!

As always, thank you all for your fantastic feedback and support. We are looking forward to all the additional content we can provide everyone.

Reminder

  • If you haven't already, please sign up to contribute your game data! The more contributors we have the more accurate our data! More data will allow us to answer some more interesting questions. Track-o-Bot runs in the background, so you can use it in conjunction with any other tracker you prefer. Sign up here, and follow the instructions.

Thank you,

The Vicious Syndicate Team

submitted by /u/ViciousSyndicate
[link] [comments]

It's like Blizzard knows I'm cheating on them with Gwent.

Posted: 29 Mar 2017 04:22 PM PDT

You asked for it!

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 01:07 AM PDT

All current OTK decks are being rotated out with the new expansion.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 02:07 AM PDT

An interesting realization that I came across. There will be no more OTK decks in standard assuming they don't release more support for one-turn-kill combos in Unguru, which is unlikely since they've said that they don't like how it's non-interactive. The most obvious and core card for OTK decks that is rotating out is Thaurissan, but there are a few others that could do it without him.

Remaining OTK decks

  • Anyfin Paladin - losing Anyfin Can Happen

  • Freeze Mage - losing Ice Lance and Emperor Thaurissan

  • C'thun/Malygos Druid - losing Aviana and Emperor Thaurissan

  • Velen + Embrace the Shadow Preist - losing Emperor Thaurissan

  • Malygos Rogue - losing Emperor Thaurissan

  • Malygos Shaman - losing Emperor Thaurissan

  • Notable inclusion that Warlock is losing Power Overwhelming for Charge + Faceless shenanigans.

The only possible OTK left that I can think of is running a lot of cheaps burn spells, playing Barnes on turn 10 and getting a Malygos token.

With this notion, I think that armor will be a little less premium, as being above 30 health was often needed as a win-condition against OTK decks. Also Dirty Rat will be slightly less relevant, as pulling out a combo-piece minion was also a win-condition vs OTK.

submitted by /u/PaulTheIII
[link] [comments]

Hunt with The Marsh Queen [pixel art]

Posted: 29 Mar 2017 09:26 PM PDT

Please make CO-OP bralws MORE CLEAR as to the objective.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 06:52 AM PDT

This Brawl takes a LONG TIME and its frustrating to play a long game only to have your opponent start Buffing and healing the "party crashers" Constantly try to attack my face or my minions.

Every time there is a Co-op brawl most of my opponents don't get the concept at all. Please if possible make a few extra pop-up boxes about how you're working WITH your opponent to win the objective.

submitted by /u/BoxxerUOP
[link] [comments]

Look at me, I'm the Jade Shaman now

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 06:43 AM PDT

https://imgur.com/a/KIP7d

ty drakonid OPerative

submitted by /u/Hevax
[link] [comments]

I've been playing hearthstone for 3 years and I finally got my first 12 win arena run!!!

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 06:21 AM PDT

I decided to play an arena run on my phone as I'm laying in bed and drafted an insane control dragon priest deck. I know a lot of people have gotten 12 wins before but this is my biggest hearthstone accomplishment by far. I wish there was some kind of reward like a card back to show off like there is for reaching legend, but what can you do.

submitted by /u/Fastswimmer
[link] [comments]

Gamescom is said to host the grand finals of the Hearthstone Global Games

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 08:32 AM PDT

When you draw the nuts and still lose on turn 5

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 01:40 AM PDT

http://i.imgur.com/Kvqvh4f.jpg

4 mana 7/7 ain't got nothin' on that 3 mana 18/18. Still lost though LUL

Can't wait to play more pirate warriors in Un'Goro!

submitted by /u/ArczerLoL
[link] [comments]

Hey Blizz, you knocked this tavern brawl out of the park.

Posted: 29 Mar 2017 11:33 AM PDT

Tons of fun to play, thanks for this. You made up for that horrible one 2 weeks ago :P

submitted by /u/CDFalcon
[link] [comments]

Here's a way they can easily do deck slots to give us a lot w/o muddying UI

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 07:50 AM PDT

When entering Play mode, instead of immediately going to a list of up to 18 decks, you are greeted with the hero selection screen (the same as if you went to build a deck). From here you select which hero you want to play and then you have two pages of deck slots (potentially even making one for standard and one for wild).

 

This would give us 162 deck slots but require hardly any changes to the UI.

submitted by /u/gonephishin213
[link] [comments]

Trump 2-3, Arena rubs it in

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 12:42 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.