The Legend of Zelda - Getting impatient...


Getting impatient...

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 06:34 AM PST

Port of Celestia by Fern Cano

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 09:32 AM PST

Piggyback Collectors Edition Guide Now Available For Pre-Order [Amazon]

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 07:40 AM PST

finally got all five Zelda games for the GameCube

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 05:21 PM PST

So, just beat A Link to the Past for the first time.

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 01:52 AM PST

As a long time Zelda fan, this has been the game I've been most ashamed at myself for never finishing. I've started it and actually gotten pretty far into it about three times over the years (even one time playing it through on my SNES), but only one of those times have I actually made it past Turtle Rock and onto Ganon's Tower.

Gotta say, I really loved the game. The art design is solid and beautiful especially for a 25 year old game. The music was fantastic and I really enjoyed hearing a lot of the Zelda series' staple songs in their earlier format, as the music is easily one of my favourite aspects of the series.

Lastly, the gameplay was fun and easy to pickup, but damn did it get difficult once you hit the Dark World. Having gotten used to the modern era of 2D Zelda games, can I just say that this game thoroughly kicked my arse. Every dungeon I went into in the Dark World I had four bottles full of fairies because I knew I wasn't going to make it through unscathed. Props to anyone who can do a 3 heart, Green Tunic run in this game because I sure as hell can't.

Also, fuck Moldorm.

Edit: I can't count.

submitted by /u/Connor92
[link] [comments]

Changing the conceptions of Zelda

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 07:14 AM PST

One common conception everyone has about BOTW right now is that the past will be dictated to you through flashbacks.

What if the past is playable, almost like a quest like the silent realm? Like Link obtains a memory and goes to that memory to relive that moment allowing the gamer to discover what happened instead of having it dictated to you.

submitted by /u/pr3dictab13
[link] [comments]

Finally completed Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass after 8 years, feels ;-;

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 09:37 AM PST

Role of the blue-clothed BOTW characters

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 07:05 AM PST

Has it been considered yet that the characters of the different races with the blue scarves and sashes may be this era's iteration of the Seven Sages?

We have the Rito, Zora, Goron, Gerudo (if the Gerudo woman we've seen is their representative), and Hylian so far. This leaves a forest sage, which could be a Korok (or even a Kokiri?) and a Sheikah sage left. With the heavy focus on Sheikah tech, it's possible that we could have either a new Impa or a new Sheikah character to take the place of that seventh spot (maybe the Old Man?).

The sages are said to be necessary at times of great evil, and Calamity Ganon would make sense to me as that great evil. Thoughts?

Edit: In thinking about Link's Champion Shirt, it would make sense that the current incarnation of the Hero would be tied to the Seven Sages, if the tradition of wearing blue for this relationship had already been established. This would make sense in the timeline as well with the game being after OoT. Following the success of the Sages in the games that have passed and the decayed state of Hyrule in BOTW, the tradition of celebrating the Sages and the Hero as champions and uniters of the races could have been established by this point.

submitted by /u/avesDZN
[link] [comments]

Playing Phantom Hourglass for the first time and really struggling to find the will to finish it (Spoilers). Does it get better?

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 08:15 AM PST

I believe I'm about halfway through the game. I just finished the Ghost Ship dungeon and found (stone) Tetra.

The game felt fun and charming at first but the touch controls are starting to get tiring, the Temple of the Ocean King is just flat out not fun, sailing the ocean is more of a chore than it is fun, and although I liked Wind Waker the art style here is starting to bother me for some reason. (EDIT: plus some puzzles are just really embarrassing to do in public)

I've loved pretty much all the other Zelda games, but this one is starting to wear me down. Does it get better? Am I closer to the end than I think? Should I just stick with it? Or does it just stay like this for the remainder of the game?

submitted by /u/Elkniwcire
[link] [comments]

Guardian made in about two hours in VR with Gravity Sketch BETA - still needs some work but a good start

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 06:42 PM PST

Pushing myself into a new medium. Here's to my first gouache paint sketch, and my first Toon Link! More to come.

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 12:56 AM PST

Do the zelda games from link to the past on tell were you need to go properly?

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 08:59 AM PST

I know from zelda 1 that it isn't and am not planning to play zelda 2.

submitted by /u/TheBrickBuilder
[link] [comments]

Just completed OoT for first time ever..purely a OoTgasm thread...

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 03:28 PM PST

fucking amazing, thanks to the folks who guided me pre-purchase on what to do and whether or not it would be worth all my efforts...other than that....seriously I think it was the greatest game of all time...so well rounded in problem solving, fun combat, unique boss fights, humor, epic story line, music that is seriously masterful....even hot ass fairies....cant say enough. i originally set out to defeat this game because i never had N64 as a kid and wanted the true experience. about 2 hours into this game i knew that i now need to play every game these brilliant game designers have to offer..

also i did it without any guides or cheats so to anyone like me getting into this, i know its all preference but it is quite the good feeling figuring out things out through HOURS of racking your brain....i couldnt play for a like two days after the water temple i was so mentally exhausted.

any favorite memories people have id love to discuss, as you can see i cant say enough about this masterpiece right now. gotta say i think the fire temple was my favorite, although the forest temple boss was definitely my favorite boss...horseback archery mini game ..are you kidding me?! sheer joy! my 25-28 year old friends were lining up on my couch to watch and laugh at my failures and cheer my successes! one of them had a kid who is 2 1/2 and he perfectly argued that this isnt a video game, this is a movie game!!! was it good for you?? it was good for me guys...reallllll good...

submitted by /u/Mattacht
[link] [comments]

Master swords in the UK?

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 07:48 AM PST

Hi all! Let me start by saying that I know this has been asked before and I've poked around through all the old posts I could but nowhere did I find an actual answer without an expired link or discontinued items on some websites.

Basically I wan to know if anyone knows somewhere to buy steel master swords in the UK; since importing is difficult a lot of external sources don't ship here.

If you guys have anywhere to buy a nice one (I would prefer the actual shape rather than those straight, thin ones you find everywhere that look rather low quality, but my budget isn't extremely high) or a previous post with a good answer I would love to know.

Thanks for your time! -Merc

submitted by /u/Merci_
[link] [comments]

Hyrule Emblem I create in "For Honor"

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 03:56 PM PST

GameInformer Podcast - Breath Of The Wild

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 05:07 PM PST

Your favourite race/culture to visit?

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 10:02 AM PST

For me it's probably either the Koroks in Wind Waker, or the Gorons on OoT.

The Koroks because they were magically and adorably unlike anything else I'd seen before, and the Gorons because I always find something to look about the hardy, rambunctious groups in fantasies, like the dwarves in Middle-Earth. They're probably a bit rougher and dirtier than you'd prefer, but they've got comradere and are supportive when you need them.

submitted by /u/-Sawnderz-
[link] [comments]

Imagine if Gilbert Gottfried voiced all off BOTW

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 09:16 PM PST

Total immersion breaker, but it would be absolutely hilarious.

submitted by /u/Sk8mafia
[link] [comments]

[Question] Deluxe Edition Guide?

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 09:23 AM PST

Just wanted to check really quick: no one has been given any more information about the Deluxe Edition Guide other than the fact it exists, right? We don't know price, pre-order date, what it includes?

submitted by /u/The_BowTie_Geek
[link] [comments]

Should i play links awakening or DX?

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 09:21 AM PST

And what are the real differences? Are dungeons the same?

submitted by /u/TheBrickBuilder
[link] [comments]

Revisiting Link's forearm...sleeve?

Posted: 10 Feb 2017 08:40 AM PST

Exclusive The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Screen Gallery

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 01:26 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.