Top 10 ESL Player Match Manipulation | Guild Wars 2 Daily Report

Best of r/GuildWars2! Nominate and Vote Here.

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 04:15 PM PST

Best of r/GuildWars2 2016!

Greetings! It's been an awesome year for both the game and the subreddit, and now it's that time of the year where you guys get to decide the bests of 2016.

Overview

For each category, there will be a comment made by the mods. Reply to the comment with your nomination and vote for nominations by upvoting (please do not downvote any nominations).
You will only be able to nominate/vote until the 31st of December 11:59pm UTC (Obligatory Countdown). Votes will then be counted and we'll reveal the winners sometime during the first week of January.
The thread will be in contest mode, meaning only mods will be able to see nomination scores, and all comments will be displayed in a random order.
For the community categories, the winning nominees will earn an annual flair exclusive to this event.


Rules

  1. You are only allowed to make one nomination per category.
  2. For the community category, nominations must be a comment, thread, or user from /r/GuildWars2 in 2016.
  3. Do not repeat a nomination if you've already seen it nominated for the category.
  4. Any comments that are not replies to the categories or nominations will be deleted.
  5. If you wish to discuss a nomination, reply to that nomination.
  6. Nominations must be for comments, items etc. from 2016 i.e. If you nominate a Gemstore item introduced before 2016, your nomination will be removed.
  7. Do not downvote nominations.

Categories

Community

  • Best thread - Nominate a /r/GuildWars2 thread that you think has been the best of 2016 i.e. because it's funny, helpful etc.
  • Best comment - Nominate a /r/GuildWars2 comment that you think has been the best of 2016 i.e. because it's funny, helpful etc.
  • Most helpful user - Nominate a user that you have noticed being particularly helpful in the weekly question threads or otherwise.
  • Best Artwork - Nominate your favourite artwork that you've seen in /r/GuildWars2 this year.
  • Most Valuable Community Member - Nominate the most valuable community member overall of 2016.

Other

  • Best Patch - Vote for the best patch e.g "Nightmare Fractal Patch" that you've seen in 2016.
  • Best QoL change - Vote for the best quality of life change you've seen in 2016.
  • Best Gemstore Item - Vote for the best new Gemstore item of 2016.

Happy upvoting, happy holidays and happy new year!
submitted by /u/poopeepoo
[link] [comments]

Top 10 ESL Player Match Manipulation

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 12:55 PM PST

This is outrageous, this is pure blatant match manipulation and needs to be punished! a former ESL player and a current top 10 leaderboard player, paid another team member of mine 200g to D/C after I refused to, that way he does not losing rating. He is too scared to try to actually properly climb the leaderboards, and even with God of PvP Toker from Astral Authority/The Abjured and Wikedtik the only player besides Nos to be in The Abjured and Team PZ on his team, he refused to try to play the game! He paid him to DC so he doesn't lose rating!! Match manipulation in its purest!!
Link to Forum post: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/pvp/Top-10-ESL-Player-Manipulating-Matches/first#post6443210
EDIT: ArenaNet just now removed my forum post, without an actual moderator or staff member infractions me they chose to do so via the automated account. As I clicked page 2 to read the juicy comments it was removed. 7:22 PM EST
Another edit;
I just submitted a ticket towards the user, copy pasta this reddit for it kek
Also I emailed forum support demanding an explanation as to why my thread was deleted when said user exposed himself in comments, and why his comment wasn't just deleted.
EDIT: If you guys want the unblanked pictures, I cannot stop you from look at my twitter. Take a guess what the username is, I can't say it otherwise it might be witchhunting.
submitted by /u/Wikedtik
[link] [comments]
Fractal Armor Concept (Light)
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 03:08 AM PST

[Fluff]I"m not 100% sure, I believe this is the first day I was able to get the entire daily without leaving the guild hall

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 10:32 PM PST

We have plenty of snowballs for snow ball slinger, heart of maguuma gatherer, and I used badges of honor to buy a badge of tribute.
No big deal, just found it interesting.
Edit: Entire daily being the three you need to get daily credit, just for clarity.
submitted by /u/nagennif
[link] [comments]
Merry Chrismas everybody <3
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 03:15 PM PST

Welcome to my Mini Village Wintersday Wonderland Guild Hall :)

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 11:18 AM PST

Ho Ho Ho and a very Merry Wintersday to all!
Welcome to my Wintersday Mini Village xoxo
'Twas the night before Wintersday, when all through the hall, Not a creature was stirring, not even a princess doll; The stockings were hung on the mantel with care, In hopes that Toymaker Tixx soon would be there"
EDIT: Items/Cost
Thank you all for the wonderful comments :) xoxo
submitted by /u/KittyCatHugs
[link] [comments]

[Secret Toymaker] My giftee asked for a legendary and I don't have enough gold for that... what do?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 09:21 PM PST

As mentioned in the title, my giftee wants a legendary and nothing else (they didn't specify which one, either) and even if I liquidated my entire account I still wouldn't be able to afford that. I know there's the old Bottles of Elonian Wine joke but I really want to give them a gift that they would like and enjoy. Ideas?
submitted by /u/ghoulbakura
[link] [comments]

Dye achievements

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 11:45 AM PST

With so manny dyes in the game why is there no achievements for the dyes? Mean something similar like the minis. :/
submitted by /u/scorpidoo
[link] [comments]

[POOF]'s Wintersday Bedtime Story brought to you by Doot! [NSFW]

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 10:02 PM PST

One of our beloved guild mates delivered an impromptu and glorious rhyme in guild chat to lull us all to sleep on this chilly night. As the title says, NSFW . Our guild is 18+ and it gets a bit adult!
I am aware that naughty things are said in this image
Happy Wintersday everyone! Spend it with friends and family (or the combination of both that is a guild) and spread holiday cheer <3
submitted by /u/Alennia
[link] [comments]

PSA: Secret toymakers now open for gifting

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 08:58 PM PST

So jump onto the website and get to gifting!
http://secrettoymaker.com/match
submitted by /u/Planktonic_larvae
[link] [comments]

[BUG][raid][KC] Fun Keep Construct Bug - Perma Orb Phase + KC Attacks

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 10:24 PM PST

So my PUG is doing KC (Keep Construct, second boss of third raid wing). We hit 66%, enter orb phase, but we're still damaging KC. Towards what should have been the end of the phase, KC is at 49% and starts attacking as usual. However, the orbs are still going and he's invulnerable to direct damage and no statues are spawning.
Can't progress, we're getting rekt. Here's a video starting 30-60s into this weird invuln phase: https://youtu.be/tUjj5VtRx0E
(Posted bug to forums already, but thought it was amusing to see.)
submitted by /u/omg_itskayla
[link] [comments]

Siax Nightmare Challenge duo (no res orbs)

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 06:16 AM PST

After seeing this kill yesterday, my friend /u/UltimateIke and I decided to give it a shot! It took us about an hour to learn once we knew what we needed to do.
PoVs
UltimateIke (Berserker): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okq-XCiLo4E
appletoasty (Berserker): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuqacIdWVaQ
We used Defiant Stance and Dead or Alive to bypass the instant kill mechanic.

I don't play berserker and I have NO IDEA what I'm doing, I'm a chrono main. I only pulled out my warrior for this fight D: I know I screwed up a lot. Don't be too mean about my crappy rotation!
This is actually our second kill - Ike posted our first one here. I forgot to record my PoV the first time and we wanted to post with both PoVs, so we did it again after reset :D We could probably shave down our time by quite a bit if I learned the condi berserker rotation a little better.
Ike also solo'd MAMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5hkq9d/condition_warriorberserker_mama_solo/?st=ix1c6nrf&sh=f42460ca
We tried to duo Ensolyss as well, and got past 33%, but didn't quite kill him yet. Maybe soon. Ike is a champ and solo'd the capture phase a couple times:
66% https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmXXxXm2K2M
33% https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxLdWov_YY
Enjoy :D
submitted by /u/appletoast
[link] [comments]
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 05:11 PM PST

Hi everyone. With Christmas around the corner, [HOWL] will be doing another event where you can earn 1 free raid boss kill of your choice. The catch is the same as before (our previous event https://www.twitch.tv/jabohc/v/109472049), you have to sing one or two "Christmas" song(s) (you can pick the song – but it must be approved)! The song must be sung from beginning to end or we will wipe for failure to do so. We will be streaming this event at twitch.tv/jabohc or twitch.tv/adigw2 (if jabo is unable to make it)
Some adjustments we are making:
-No raid sellers allowed. It was a lot of fun having them sing, but it defeats the purpose of helping the community to get raid kills.
-You MUST provide an instance, whether you have it/buy it. If you do not, we will kill the boss you open for us.
-No achievements, ONLY boss kills.
-The event will start at around reset time +/- 30 minutes (7 pm eastern) tomorrow night (Dec. 24th).
Interested? Please provide your account name in the reply, also answer this question: If you can get up tomorrow in the body of someone else, who would you pick and why. Our group will pick the most creative answers!
submitted by /u/M1ni
[link] [comments]

[Fun] My points as of why I'm asking for a Green Rose Dye

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 02:26 AM PST

(With xmas being so close too, this post is just for fun. Please don't take it so seriously. (Well you can, tho, heheh))
Hai there~!
Ever had that situation where you were dying your character(s) green, but NONE of the current green dyes worked? When you just tried to find that ONE specific shade of green?
Well, you have to not worry anymore, because I present you the idea and concept of this new green dye called
NoxxiGreen Rose Dye! ....well, if we have a Blue Rose Dye already, then why not.
You can forget all the tries where your green dye was a shade darker or lighter or just looked too pallid.
You can see, that this is a unique green to the current ones.
Here you can see, that some colors could be close to this one, but somehow they are JUST not right! Except if you are colorblind, then most of them are the same.
This specific green was found for its purpose by the most green enthusiastic people and most green color professionals!
So why am I asking for such a dye to be in the game? Well, because...
  • you will never have the wrong shade of green anymore.
  • you can use this beautiful green above all the other green.
  • this green helps healing your crippling depression.
  • it has nothing to do with my name.
  • it's green and beautiful.
  • a Green Rose is just as non-existential as a Blue Rose.
  • this specific green isn't an existing and usable color/dye yet.
  • I know you all want it.
  • this green is more nature-like and calms you by looking at it.
  • there are other "rose" dyes, but no green one.
  • you can show-off this color any time on your armor and prove how beautiful you are.
  • I love green, but I love this certain green the most.
  • I swear it's not because of my name.
  • it's a kind of unique green that isn't in-game yet.
  • it matches well with your #ShadowAbyssOnly Dye.
  • I know Anet loves green as much as I do or I hope so.
  • I know you are dying to get this color.
So there you have all my strong points, that you totally can't argue with, as of why I ask for such dye.
Say goodbye to all the...
"I can't get the right shade of green dye on my armor!" and "I'm just unable to get that green on my armor somehow! Bah!"
and say hello to the...
"Oh my, this is the EXACT green dye I wanted in this game since release!" and "Look at me, I'm so green and beautiful!"
Thank you very much for listening, and keep on being green~!
-Noxxi Greenrose, the concept maker of Green Rose Dye
ps.: I swear it has nothing to do with my name.
submitted by /u/Noxxi_Greenrose
[link] [comments]
[WvW] - Churn Portal Bombs vs [TL]
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 11:10 AM PST
What should I do daily if I only have 30mins to play
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 04:18 PM PST

I don't have the time at the moment to play GW2 nor can my internet handle it right now. I have 1500 hours clocked in the game, so I'm reasonably experienced. I'm looking for some things that shouldn't be omitted from the daily routine.
submitted by /u/Sovereigner
[link] [comments]

There are so many players between me and Top 100... Som why do I keep versing them?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 02:47 PM PST

So* (sorry title)
I'm not even in the Top 250. But every game, no matter what time of the day, I almost always get put up against them. Games are fairly close, I've won most... but it just seems odd that I'm at rating 1650+ and just versing them instead of anyone below my rating or at my rating. If I don't verse them it's a super long queue.
Is there a difference between Rating and MMR?
submitted by /u/pvp_
[link] [comments]

Why is this PvP season so much saltier even though losing doesn't punish you that much anymore?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 10:47 AM PST

The difference between divisions in terms of reward track progression is negligible, the matchmaking seems better, the win/loss ratio will eventually even out at 50/50 when you reach your appropriate division, you can even hide your badge if you don't like it... yet I have never blocked as many people as ever before.
Is it Christmas and everyone socially tolerant spending time with their families and friends? Did I just get so lucky to land in a wrong division that I make everyone rage instantly at my awful skills? Is it some sea air from Ember Bay that increases the saltiness dramatically?
There must be a reason...
submitted by /u/Lishtenbird
[link] [comments]

Expected DPS from a tempest on different raid bosses?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 07:40 PM PST

I've started to use a personal dps meter that lets me see my own dps in raids, and given that it only lets me see my own I don't really have anything to compare it to.
I'm still fairly new to raiding but am actively trying to improve, and so was wondering what I should be expecting to get / aiming to get as a fairly average elementalist player.
submitted by /u/7up478
[link] [comments]

Secret Toymaker 2016 sign-ups close in less than 12 hours!!!

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 04:28 AM PST

Time left to sign-up

Less than half a day left to sign-up to the event!

Preparations for gifting

Unfortunately once the sign-ups end we need few days to set things up for the gifting to begin so you will not be able to gift on 24th or 25th. We will be posting when we are ready to begin and send out emails to remind you to check the site for your target.

Edits and resigns

We didn't get the note editing or resign to work before the sign-up closes so if you want to do either one of those send us an email, or a PM with your account name or API key and the possible new note and we will change it. Note offer is available till the sign-ups close, after that it might not be possible.

What is this?
If you have further questions leave them in the comments or contact us in the email or social media. We will get back to you as fast as possible.
Official website: http://secrettoymaker.com
Email: gw2secrettoymaker@gmail.com
Twitter: @SecretToymaker #SecretToymaker2016
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Secret-Toymaker-1268587359847647/
Disclaimer: This is not an official event by Arenanet or /r/guildwars2, but one hosted by /u/RandommUser and /u/nightzirch, two active members of the Guild Wars 2 community.
submitted by /u/SecretToymaker
[link] [comments]

Chuka and Champawat...stupid Hunter's Bane...stupid bugged quest--any fixes?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 06:34 PM PST

As with others (from what I can see), the bugged Kodan Claw quest chain has stopped me making any further progress on the Chuka and Champawat legendary story (vol 1). I've reported the bug twice now--admittedly both times over the last 24 hours--but I don't expect to get any reply (because bug and because Xmas). So, figured I'd ask here: does anyone know of any kind of workaround or trick to get the chain going again? FWIW, it's currently bugged out at "The Kodan are preparing for a tournament to choose a new Claw."
Any ideas?
submitted by /u/SuarezBiteGuard
[link] [comments]

Question about professions, sorry if it's been asked countless times before.

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 08:22 PM PST

I apologise for bugging you guys but looking at wikis wasn't helping me decide much and I'm a bit slow like that, so I figured the best way to get a good answer was to ask people with actual experience.
Are there any other classes that play at all like Mesmer? I started a Necromancer for my first character but didn't like how it played, so I created a Mesmer instead and fell in love with the effects and the second scepter ability, blocking an attack to counter them AND summon a clone. Awesome! Do any other classes have playstyles with lots of blocking or using interesting effects rather than just stacking damage/conditions onto the enemy endlessly?
Sorry again for bugging you guys! Please don't hate me.
Edit: To clarify further what I mean: I mean a class that does a lot of things other than directly attacking, directly applying conditions or just laying down big AoEs.
submitted by /u/SushiGundam
[link] [comments]
Don't talk to me or my son ever again.
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 09:38 AM PST

What does your average day look like?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 09:55 AM PST

I'm kinda curious because I don't know what other people do on a daily basis. Here's mine for reference (All times in PST):
4:00-4:20 PM: Tequatl
4:20-6:00 PM: Fractal dailies
6:00-7:00 PM: Dungeon speed runs
7:00-8:00 PM: Mixed (WvW, world completion, crafting, etc.)
8:00-10:45 PM: Offline
10:45-11:15 PM: Auric Basin Pylons
Edit: Formatting
submitted by /u/Riyutake
[link] [comments]

If I'm getting every Top Stat as an Engineer in PvP, and now losing...what does it mean?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 11:37 PM PST

Tonight, I'm not versing the Top <50 as I usually do (they aren't online). So, I'm in long (8+ min queues) only to play one sided matches. I try my hardest...and in the end I find myself getting every top stat icon for Res, Kills, Offense, Defense, Damage.
I'm under the inclination to believe the system wants me to carry my team but I don't think this game is designed that way... Really bad night of matchmaking or by design? My Win Rate isn't super high above 50%.
submitted by /u/pvp_
[link] [comments]

[Rant] what's the problem with pvp team making?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 11:24 PM PST

I am getting a ridiculous amounts of matchs with stupid matchmaking, 3 warriors in team, 3 ele against, 15 dh in both parties, 3 thieves, what is this problem?
I got 3 warrior today and there wasnt even the daily warrior win [so we were 3 war, 1 dh and me as revenant, against a good team comp with ele, dh, necro, thief and war], and it really was a bad thing since we couldnt do much in fights, suffered the lack of mobility and things like that.
I know that in other season this happened too, but it was mostly for daily and for meditrapper and necros high usage, so.. there is a problem with matchmaking or it is just bad luck of mine?
submitted by /u/uaitdevil
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.