Roleplaying ideas for Fallout 3/4/NV Fallout Daily Report

A minor thing I love about Fallout 4 - The loot mini-menu

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 09:57 AM PST

This was a great addition imo. It makes looting bodies/containers so easy, with no transition to a user interface where a mouse is needed, instead relying on the scroll wheel to cycle through all the items.
Just a nice addition I thought I'd mention.
submitted by /u/Apterygiformes
[link] [comments]

TIL the US (possibly, depending on canon) sent two orbital bombardment stations, capable of launching a payload of 24 nukes, into orbit and that one of them could still be operational. They are called the "Ballistic Orbital Missile Bases", or, fittingly enough, B.O.M.B.'s

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 02:59 PM PST

I'm a jerk in Fallout 4: Survival Mode

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 02:33 AM PST

So, I was heading up to the Parson's Asylum for the Cabot quest, and I had killed several enemies, gotten a couple of legendary items I wanted to keep and needed to save badly. I then came across Greentop Nursery. I was so happy to find a settlement and I went to the bed to sleep, only to find that I couldn't.
I talked to the guy and he told me to clear out some super mutants nearby... So, I got behind him and killed him, and his wife.
I then slept in the now unowned bed to get my save.
Damn, I'm a jerk. But it's necessary!
submitted by /u/SolarDragon94
[link] [comments]

Roleplaying ideas for Fallout 3/4/NV

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 04:55 AM PST

I'll try to make most of these interesting rather than just "use X weapons".
.
  • Deaf and Visually Impaired
Turn off audio and subtitles. Disable HUD except when you are wearing glasses. Start with low PER. For dialogue, just pretend you can read lips.
.
  • No Healing
Don't use stimpaks or medicine of any kind (chems like jet are okay). You can only be healed by going to a doctor.
.
  • Pacifist
Don't kill anyone or anything. If you're playing FO3 you will need this or a similar mod to exit the vault. I recommend putting points into speech and sneak skills. Do not have a companion because their kills count towards your tally.
.
  • Luddite
Kill all robots. Don't use/carry any advanced technology (not even guns). No hacking/lockpicking. You may want a crossbow mod.
.
  • Time traveler
You traveled forwards (or maybe backwards) through time to the wasteland from an era/location of your choice (How? You decide). Use mods/cheats to give yourself appropriate starting gear, an alternate start mod may also help. Make up the backstory/rules for this one yourself.
.
  • Serial Killer
Start with high CHR/INT. Black Widow/Lady Killer perks may be helpful. Whenever you are in a room alone with someone, kill them, or perhaps decide their fate on a coin toss. May not work well in FO4 due to high number of essential NPCs.
.
  • Junkie
Get addicted to all chems/alcohol. No fixer/addictol allowed. Spend all the caps you can on chems/alcohol.
.
  • Spontaneous Personality
Whenever you talk to someone, use an IRL dice to decide your dialogue choice.
.
  • Crippled Leg
Do not jump or run. Ever. Change the controls if you have to. Start with low AGL.
.
  • OCD
Never reload a gun manually, only when it runs out of ammo. Whenever you check your inventory, make sure your number of caps is a multiple of 5, drop some if not. Turn around 360 degrees before opening any door.
.
  • Pyromaniac
Only use fire-based weapons (eg flamer, shishkebab, molotovs) or your fists. Wear firefighter's gear if possible. Maybe you can use a fire axe?
.
  • Cryomaniac
Only use cryo-based weapons. Every time you kill someone, make a Mr Freeze pun.
.
  • Explomaniac
Use only explosives or melee.
.
  • Taking immersion too far
Every time you eat or drink something in the game, eat or drink something IRL. (Do not do this with chems)
.
  • DOOM
Change the control scheme to match the original DOOM's. (ie no strafing, look controlled by keys) Probably will not work on console.
.
  • PTSD
For every person you kill, take one chem/alcohol to deal with the guilt.
.
  • Social Anxiety
Don't initiate dialogue. If someone initiates dialogue with you, exit the conversation as quickly as possible.
.
  • Lives
Start off with 3 lives. Keep count using a pencil/pen. Every time you die, lose a life. Drop 2000 caps on the ground or in a container (and don't pick it up again) to buy a new life. No manually loading saves. If you run out of lives, game over.
.
  • Hoarder
You get one life. Randomly select a common junk item. Hoard that item. If you collect enough of that item to reach your weight limit with no other items, you win. If you die, you lose. Obviously do not select an item with zero weight.
.
  • Co-op
Play with a friend. If on console, one person gets each side of the controller. If on PC, one person gets the keyboard and the other the mouse.
.
  • Limited Fast-Travel
You can only fast travel to and from large towns/cities. For FO4, maybe settlements you own?
.
  • Soulmate
Permadeath. The first companion you find is your soulmate. Never leave them. If they die, commit suicide with grenades. Won't be as good in FO4 since they are invincible.
.
  • Santa
In the spirit of this festive season, play as Santa Claus. Collect toys (teddy bears, wooden blocks, toy cars, Jangles, dinky, etc.) and gift them to all the naughty boys and girls with the Junk Jet/Rock-It Launcher. Install mods for the red suit or to make Dogmeat look like a reindeer if you must.
.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
10 AGL. Use any perks that increase speed. Use unarmed only. Wear blue only. Collect anything ring-shaped.
.
  • Mad Chef
Wear apron and chef's hat. Allowed weapons: Flamer, knives/cleavers/rolling pins, shishkebab, molotovs, syringer. Get the cannibal perk, and any perk related to food. Tag 'survival' if NV. Make caps by cooking food and selling it.
.
  • Vampire
Wear a suit or something similar. Use only blood packs for healing. Use swords. Use the 'night person' perk. Join The Family if FO3. Avoid Garlic.
.
  • Alien
You are stranded on a planet called 'Earth' with your blaster. Survive. Do not attempt communication with the natives.
Mods for FO4: 1 2
.
Anyone else have any suggestions for altering/combining these, or something new?
submitted by /u/PM_ME_NUDE_PICS_OF_U
[link] [comments]

Fallout 5 opening I want

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 08:42 PM PST

You are born into vault 7 where they have created the perfect humans (think all specials maxed out) and the perfect society You are ine of the few failures but because it is the perfect human society the people in the vault are caring and compassionate so they don't kill.
A deathclaw makes it into the vault you don't know why it is irrelevant. you and a couple of other failures make it into a safe room while you watch the rest of the vault gets slaughtered trying to kill the beast. The brotherhood if steel takes notice of the recently opened vault and come to loot the place when they arrive they kill the deathclaw and discover you and 8 other failures survived. While they try you to convince you to come out one their knight in power armor gets shot by a sniper in the fusion core he managed to eject fusion core and save the power armor, the BOS are being attacked by faction X
very coincidentally there is an other fusion core in the room you are hiding. they urge you to open that door and give them the fusion core because if you don't faction X will kill you.
Now you are given the option, do you open the door or not if you do the BOS wil win if you don't faction X will win.
If the BOS wins they will thank you and send you to their head
If faction x wins they will hack open the door and do the same thing
Your choice won't have out come on the main story but the vault does turn into an outpost for the faction that one.
The 8 other failures will survive and will be found trough out the world I thought it would be funny to have each of the failures would have one special maxed out and can be found at places that have to do with those specials for example:
Mr strength can be found in a boxing ring
Miss perspective will become sniper for faction X
Mr endurance can be found in the most radiated place on the map
Miss charisma will become mayor of a small settlement
Mr intelligence will become scribe for the BOS
For miss agility I gave no clue maybe a juggler for the local circus
Mr luck will ofcource be hanging around in a cassino
submitted by /u/coltblod
[link] [comments]

I heard there is a way to allied with the BoS, Railroad, and Minutemen at the end of the game. How do I do this?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 07:18 AM PST

Yet to finish the whole game, but I don't really want to HAVE to choose between them, I like them all for various reasons.
submitted by /u/Jonezzzzzzzy
[link] [comments]

What's the funniest thing you've heard an NPC say in a Fallout game?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 09:30 PM PST

Mine would have to be fighting raiders in Fallout 1, if you missed a melee hit or unarmed hit on them they would say "loser."
Also the one from Boone "HEY I FOUGHT WITH THE NCR, DON'T KILL THEM ANYMORE OKAY?"
submitted by /u/SirBamboozled
[link] [comments]

My Fallout 4 characters in honor of The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly's 50th anniversary

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 02:14 PM PST

http://i.imgur.com/6vPORk0.jpg
I play on PS4, so I had to go to Nuka World and beat the Gauntlet and Dry Rock Gulch each time I wanted to get the items.
The first one, Blondie, is an actual character that I got to level 95 without mods, but the other two are just characters that I made after I first starting using mods a week ago.
submitted by /u/ereid35
[link] [comments]

Danse hates what his whole mission is about, appearently

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 11:22 PM PST

So on my Brotherhood playthrough I came and talked to a trader and his son, who wants to join the Railroad. I select the option "Synths are the enemy," which has my character say "Synths are weapons created by the Institute." Afterwards a message pops up saying Danse hated that. Is this a glitch or am I missing something? You hate that I agree with your mission?
submitted by /u/bombalamb
[link] [comments]

10 glowing ones break into Your house. What do You do?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 10:49 PM PST

It's night time and You're asleep when this happens. You do get one weapon of Your choosing. Keep in mind You're in Your house, so a fat man mayyyyy not be the way to go... Unless You wanna go... So how do You escape? Get creative:3
Edit: scenario edit
submitted by /u/SergeantSanchez
[link] [comments]
(Xbox one code) Merry Christmas /r/fallout! Have a free digital download for fallout 3!
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 04:43 PM PST

http://m.imgur.com/KwAtlQR
There is only one code and it's First come first serve, happy holidays, guys.
submitted by /u/Molag-Ballin
[link] [comments]
Where should the next Fallout game be set?
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 03:00 PM PST
Nuka Cola Mini Fridge Unboxing & Review!
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 05:36 PM PST
Wish there was a Wild Card option for FO4
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 01:12 PM PST

Wouldn't it be satisfying to beat the institute, Railroad, Bos and The minutemen to be top dog and basically own the commonwealth plus Diamond city or atleast make it Independent like New Vegas.
submitted by /u/Drypegasus
[link] [comments]
Finally completed my bobblehead collection
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 06:18 PM PST

I'm so happy!
I was able to find most of them at Hot Topic, Target, and occasionally the Bethesda Store (when on sale or shipping was free).
submitted by /u/WaywardArmorer
[link] [comments]
What Would You Guys Say is the Best Non-Powered Armor in Fallout 3?
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 05:15 PM PST

Replaying Fallout 3 and I want to keep myself protected while still being able to sneak effectively.
Edit: Forgot to mention I'm playing vanilla, so I can't get the Chinese stealth armor.
submitted by /u/poopdemon64
[link] [comments]

Trying Fallout 3 again!

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 12:28 PM PST

As the title says, I'm going to try fo3 again. I've tried it 2 times earlier but haven't really enjoyed it, so any tips when I give it a last chance?
submitted by /u/Edward2987
[link] [comments]

What was missing from fallout 4

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 12:16 AM PST

For a while, I really hit a wall in fallout four. I kept comparing it to the fun I had in new Vegas, and dwelled on this comparison for longer than I should have. What was different, I asked. What was missing?
Well, it's 12:09 at night and I can't sleep, but I figured it out. New Vegas was the dusty wild west, an atmosphere I could really get behind. Fallout four was just... Soggy. Real soggy. You're probably thinking, "well, no shit Sherlock". No shit indeed, I don't know why that took so long to put together. Anyhow, any mods you can recommend (XBone) to restore that wild west feel to four?
TL;DR: I liked the dusty wild west feel of new Vegas. How can I bring that to fallout four?
submitted by /u/TheGoodestBoy
[link] [comments]
Finally completed my bobblehead collection
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 06:18 PM PST

I'm so happy!
I was able to find most of them at Hot Topic, Target, and occasionally the Bethesda Store (when on sale or shipping was free).
submitted by /u/WaywardArmorer
[link] [comments]
[FNV] D3D9.DLL is crashing my game, but I really want to use an ENB, any way around this?
Posted: 24 Dec 2016 12:02 AM PST

Like the title says, can anyone give a guy a hand?
submitted by /u/sheesh0re
[link] [comments]

Please help: changing language from german to english

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 12:00 AM PST

I just bought Fallout 3 and NV, only to find out my version doesn't support english language. I'm from germany, so Steam automatically gave me the german-only version of the games. I purchased these:
  • Fallout 3 - GOTY Edition
  • Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition
The steam page does say however that english is supported for both games. Both games have no option to change language via steam client (right click -> properties) or in the in-game menu.
Is it possible to change to english language, and how do I do it?
I actually own both games on CD already and now bought them again because I believed it allowed me to play in english. Since it doesn't, it's a waste of money.
The german voiceover is awful, please help me. I don't know if I can accept my cruel fate and play this game in german.
submitted by /u/AmaLucela
[link] [comments]
Big fan of modern FO, but haven't played classic games before. Any suggestions before I start Fallout 1?
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 07:51 PM PST
How to expand fo4's settlement mode
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 11:18 AM PST

Now if someone has already said this just ingnore this post but I was playing nuka world and I thought of some interesting ideas that could be implemented in the next fallout game. I think that settlers should be able to build up their settlements as long as you provide resources. Also it might be cool if a settlement isn't provided enough resources they could become raiders and start to pillage your other settlements.
submitted by /u/Rcktlegue
[link] [comments]
Bought FO:NV Ultimate Edition awhile back and has no DLC with it...
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 06:09 PM PST

I'm confused about what the ultimate edition is?
submitted by /u/BrownsFanZ
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.