PSA Put DayZ on an SSD

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 07:39 AM PST

I know this comes up once in a while, but with .61 and more folks checking it out/returning I figured it was a good time to remind everyone to install DayZ on an SSD.
I don't care how big your SSD is, and if you don't have one go get one - even if you only have $20 you can get a small one just for the game. It is absolutely worth it, and moving the steam install is super easy.
JUST DO IT already.
submitted by /u/tafkuf
[link] [comments]
The Untouchable west
Posted: 20 Dec 2016 12:53 PM PST
Can we get the burlap/grass wrap back?
Posted: 20 Dec 2016 12:33 PM PST

dallas etc masks .61?

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 12:46 PM PST

anyone seen them? Was looking at their old spawns in the drapping military buildings, but not finding them anywhere now.
submitted by /u/ScreamingIsMyAir
[link] [comments]

PSA - Check your config files after updating to .61

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 12:44 PM PST

Some of my settings were heavily increased after the update, namely 3D performance, view distance, preferred object view distance, etc. The settings were so high that I was only getting 30-40 FPS in the middle of a field when I'm used to getting a minimum of 60, even in the most complex areas. After adjusting everything back to normal (view distance to 1500 in stead of 3500, etc), everything was much better.
submitted by /u/thoedaway
[link] [comments]

There's a feeling the Mod has that the Standalone doesn't, and I can't put my finger on it...

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 12:26 PM PST

If you've ever played the mod before the standalone, there's some feeling that I cannot describe that the standalone is lacking. I don't know if it's just the nostalgia, but there's a feeling.
Maybe it's the color grading. The Mod is very much grey and bleak whereas the Standalone can be very bright and sunny sometimes.
submitted by /u/alaskafish
[link] [comments]

constant game crashes

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 11:51 AM PST

happening to me and a friend alot randomly after like 30 minutes of gameplay
submitted by /u/rwpNaga
[link] [comments]
Survivors! Experimental/Unstable servers are going offline for a new update.
Posted: 20 Dec 2016 08:13 AM PST
Please add the new sounds in soon, the bullet sounds that go past are insane cool!!
Posted: 20 Dec 2016 10:33 AM PST

They sound finished already im stoked hihi.
submitted by /u/Dayz15
[link] [comments]

Logged out near a wall, logged back in inside the wall cavity - no way out.

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 11:29 AM PST

Is there anyway to get out besides waiting to starve to death?
I've tried relogging and as I'm loading, holding the w key to try and run out before the game recognises but didn't work.
There are two doors in this L shaped room but I cannot access them. I'm afraid I'm up shit creek without a paddle...
Anyone got any other ideas?
submitted by /u/out_droning
[link] [comments]
Looking for a RP server that I don't have to apply for, but I can sign up and get a password
Posted: 20 Dec 2016 09:59 AM PST

Just what the title says, a nice rp sever server so people don't kill on sight so much
submitted by /u/amdtek4
[link] [comments]
Bleeding, but no indication
Posted: 20 Dec 2016 11:53 AM PST

I'm bleeding, but nothing in the UI says I am. Anyone encounter this
submitted by /u/ProficientOtter
[link] [comments]

Anybody else feeling a bit "burnt-out" by Dayz?

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 01:13 PM PST

Ive got 600 hrs in the game and i've played it a lot and really enjoyed it.
I stopped playing around the begging of the year and every time i try and play again i cant seem to find the motivation or drive to play the game.
Like recently, 0.61 to stable, it looks beautiful and runs amazingly, however the last couple times i started , after about 5-10 minutes of running down a road or through the woods i just get this overwhelming feeling or boredom of knowing that the next hour is gonna be spent JUST RUNNING. I then just quit the game
I have visited the whole map and have had every gun and all the clothes (maybe not the couple new backpacks just introduced) and i just don't know what to do anymore.
Towards the end of my playing at the begging of the year it wold just be gear up, make a hidden base and then start again. i had about 10-20 priv servers where i was fully geared and had a hidden base.
I guess what i'm looking for is to know how others with lots of hours can get back into the game?
submitted by /u/StompChompGreen
[link] [comments]

PSA: Female Character FX Fixed

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 09:22 AM PST

Just wanted to let everyone know that they fixed the Sound FX of carrying a gun on female. Before .61, while the female carried a gun, it did not make a noise while you moved. It is a very sad day xD.
submitted by /u/RoadKill5517
[link] [comments]

Gunshots not attracting zombies

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 01:06 PM PST

I thought this was supposed to be fixed?
I stood on top of Kamy police station and shot a bunch of 12GA and .45s.
All the zombies below would run for about 5 feet after each shot and then stop dead in their tracks and go back to shuffling around aimlessly.
Maybe .62 will be better? I was ready for that whole "shooting a gun will be a serious choice" thing but I guess we're not quite there yet.
submitted by /u/DayZPlayerFanMan
[link] [comments]

Memory issue?

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 12:02 PM PST

I keep fucking crashing
submitted by /u/njdevils786
[link] [comments]

Soft skill and Stamina rant

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 11:33 AM PST

I just read through the new Status Report . I have been very excited for a stamina system and soft skills since it was mentioned, but the way they are going to implement it got me worried.
Stamina
Keeping the character alive longer will benefit from being able to carry more load until the penalty for overload in terms of shortening available stamina strikes in.
I don't agree a character should be able to carry more after time. For instance, Will this mean a fresh spawn cant carry a full Alice backpack? (I imagine items will have weight so I dont mean 40 paper notes)
All players should be able to run at the same speed, same distence and carry the same weight for balancing purpuses. stamina and speed should only be affected by how much weight you are carrying .
When your character run out of stamina you should still be able to run until you get unconscious. If you get shot at when out of stamina you are screwed otherwise.
Soft Skill
when a character is spawned the pointer is in the middle, neutral position. All actions in game can be divided between precise or rough ones
With this soft skill system your character can't be efficient at Eg. Lumbering and healing. I thought this game would be somewhat realistic.
In my opinion Precision and roughness should be two entirly separat skills that can be improved, not only one of them.
I would like to hear your opinion, and please use critical thinking.
submitted by /u/HenrikJ_95
[link] [comments]

F*** Wolfs

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 07:00 AM PST

A little story. right now im playing on a rp server so after the update and wipe all my team where almost naked. we start get basic loot and run to altar, near of gorka because here is where we have our base. reach altar was a pain, the rain, our poorly gear and the army of zombies make all the things slow. after a hour or so i reach altar and start to wait for my friends. one hour later atleast 5 of us where at altar. i suggest to go and loot airport and other's military bases. hopping find a tend. the other guys where ok with the idea and we start to move. we were running trough a forest when we hear a bark i don't know exactly how many wolves appear. 8 atleast and 15 maxium idk. they where everywhere, running in circle and attacking all of us, i start shooting them with my cr75 and more of them appear. got injuried and start to run away. the wolves kill three ppl from my team in no time. they are a really dangeorous beast. be careful on forests guys
submitted by /u/Kilrod
[link] [comments]

Dayz experience I wanted to share.

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 08:06 AM PST

Best Dayz experience I've had in a long time, wanted to share it with you. I spawned on skalisty Island in the rain figured I dead soon but played out the life any way. I manged to find a stone and get a fire going long enough to get save me from hypothermia. I lived with 60 health and less than 1000 blood. for the next 3 hours I search the island over and over again picking up whats bits and pieces I can to live. I finally have my blood back up to 5k and my health back up to 4500. during all that time searching i mange to get a 357, a blaze with scope, and a mosin with scope i have about 60 rounds of 357 and another 60 mosin rounds and i have an ax. time try to make it to the main land. I stuff everything that i can into my dry-bag, pants, shirt, shoes all my ammo, a bag of rice and a full PET bottle. by the time i make it to land i am hypothermic again. Im trying to craft a fire and a bambi comes up and starts trying to kill me with a stick. something is wrong with my mosin and i cant shoot this guy he is right on my ass with a stick. I finally get some distance from him and pull out my 357 ( wasnt on hotbar ) and kill the guy .. i get back to my fire with only 60 health left ... RIP ME ... some how i get a kammy spawn run back to my body and able to pick everything up again. 10/10
submitted by /u/zerovap
[link] [comments]

Can't join the majority of server - stuck on loading screen

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 01:20 PM PST

After 0.61 went to stable, i'm not able to join the majority of server. The server i join, i get stuck on the "loading screen" (the screen with dayz logo and a city) . I cna join only a few server, and while i tought i was still on experimental i checked and i removed the beta from steam option, and even a file verification didn't help. Any tips?
submitted by /u/bistrus
[link] [comments]

Lost Character by Logging Off In a Building With Wolves Outside - Twice

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 10:50 AM PST

I lost my character twice today by logging off in buildings when there were wolves outside (I had nothing to fight them with). First time they had hit me quite a bit before I got inside, but I bandaged and ate food to get back to bright green energy/hydration. Second time they never hit me, I was already in a barrack and saw them outside attacking zombies. I did notice that their heads were sometimes glitching through the wall a bit, so I logged off away from any exterior walls.
Has this happened to anybody else? Any ideas of what happened - did my character glitch out of the building when I logged off, or did the wolves glitch inside and kill me ? Or maybe some bug with saving the character when there are wolves around?
submitted by /u/JimRockfish
[link] [comments]

Question about finding food

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 08:39 AM PST

So is finding food and loot in general greatly decreased? Any tips on feeding my character and not having to go through 20 buildings to only find a can of sardines?
submitted by /u/helloploxxd
[link] [comments]

Back to the game

Posted: 20 Dec 2016 11:06 AM PST

Hey there.
Used to play on UK111 but it has recently closed. Been trying to find a similar server but no success. This server had a particular cool feature which was oil trader. You could get empty barrels and fill them up with oil, refine them and then sell them to get a lot of money. It was really fun and exhilarating. Can't find any server with oil trader so far.
submitted by /u/fizzjab
[link] [comments]
Is that graphical glitch a DayZ bug?
Posted: 20 Dec 2016 09:58 AM PST
Is that graphical glitch a DayZ bug? submitted by /u/Six_Foot_Turkey_64
[link] [comments]
Status Report - 20 December 2016
Posted: 20 Dec 2016 09:06 AM PST
Status Report - 20 December 2016  submitted by /u/BatyAlquawen 
[link] [comments]
0.61 Central Loot Economy Map
Posted: 20 Dec 2016 11:42 AM PST
0.61 Central Loot Economy Map  submitted by /u/iv_maradox 
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.