Why am I so bad at Leshrac?

I've been trying to figure out Leshrac lately, and results have not been good. I've tried him in a number of different positions; support, mid, offlane, even safelane. I still lose every time.
My usual build is either Arcane Boots Arcane Boots -> BloodstoneBloodstone, or MekansmMekansm -> Eul's Scepter of DivinityEul's Scepter of Divinity.
  • I buy Arcane Boots Arcane because they give me cheap mana regen and build into BloodstoneBloodstone.
  • BloodstoneBloodstone in theory solves both my mana issues and my tankiness issues, although it is very expensive and doesn't really help my team.
  • If I'm not going BloodstoneBloodstone, MekansmMekansm gives me a lot of tankiness - more EHP than BloodstoneBloodstone if you figure in the armor - but really doesn't help my mana issues.
  • Euls gives me some mana, an active I can use to setup my stun, and it's really cheap.
Any thoughts or suggestions?



First of all, Leshrac is one of the least versatile heroes in the pool. He can be strong, but remains extremely situational because of his greedy requirements and poor scaling into the late game.

If you are planning to run Leshrac as a support, forget doing so unless you have a complimentary support/carry with a stun. For example, a Shadow Demon with amplification and disruption will go a long way. The only problem is, you'll be picking Leshrac mainly because you want to take down towers fast. A support Leshrac will be low-leveled and a team with fast responses will probably shit on him. That said, Shadow Demon + Leshrac combo works great for roaming, but is it really the best combo?

As for carry or mid Leshrac, you're left with a hero that must snowball. If you get a 15 minute BloodstoneBloodstone, great. You're gonna kill supports and squishy carries in no time. If you fail to snowball, you're left with a relatively shitty hero. That's because Leshrac must get Black King BarBlack King Bar, BloodstoneBloodstone and lots of levels, and he must get those items before the enemy gets Black King BarBlack King Bar and Pipe of InsightPipe of Insight.

Leshrac is a fun hero, but he's largely depending on other hero picks. In other words, he's situational, but probably a bit more situational than most other rarely-picked heroes. I noticed that you built a heart on Leshrac in one of the games. Do not do this. It's kind of like building DaedalusDaedalus on Crystal Maiden.

Focus on improving your positioning, more important than building items to make Leshrac more durable and then make it viable to be more aggressive with  Pulse Nova and such is to understand when you it's good to be aggressive and when it's not, and how aggressive you can/should be, that involves good positioning, predicting what resources your opponents have available or not (skill, item, cooldown), map awareness (knowing whether or not a dangerous opponent could be nearby where you can't see yet),...

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.