Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - September 2018


Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - September 2018

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:11 AM PDT

Rules

Instruction Manual


Useful Links


I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

/r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


Where can I find other players in my area?

Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 11:36 AM PDT

Have you been the one missing the Mewtwo EX raidpass? Maybe you haven't been lucky the whole week and that damn raid Tyrannitar ran and everyone else caught him.

Or the worst part, maybe it's monday again?!

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Here we rant about everything that goes wrong, someone who sniped a gymspot (  ̄Д ̄), a missed Tyrannitar again (ಠ_ಠ) or that stupid bug which made you miss your raid because of the server desync, ending the raid prematurely (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

No personal insults, no trolls and provocation but all salty stuff is accepted.

  • Only salty posts allowed ( ಠ_ಠ )

  • No uncivilty or personal information allowed. ☜(`o´)

  • Complaints can be posted here as well, agree that stuff needs to change here as well, like the spawn rate or gym bugs.

    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Don't forget to hydrate after all the salt!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

What about adding a 'sos signal' for raids?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 04:17 AM PDT

Don't know if this has been suggested yet, but what about adding an improvement to raids, where you can send a call for help? This signal would highlight to nearby players that someone is ready to join a raid through a graphic signal. Players could then click an 'omw' button to respond the SOS signal.

submitted by /u/Impressive_Chipmunk
[link] [comments]

Stupid Bird!

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:23 PM PDT

Stupid Bird!

I was just sitting at home, when this big stupid gangly uncoordinated bird came out of nowhere!

https://i.redd.it/oc15nr3lcxj11.jpg

submitted by /u/Moose823
[link] [comments]

2 years 1 month 28 days ago Pokemon Go was released to the world. Today I finally completed the Kanto Pokedex 100%

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 11:25 AM PDT

This has been a fun 2 years for sure. I have met dozens of new friends... Explored places I would have never thought about going... bonded with my wife over shared love for the game... and happily wasted 100s of hours and 100s of dollars in gas money. Got Farfetch'd during the event last year. Mr. Mime was traded to me from a new friend last week... and Today I got the last exclusive, Kangaskhan, from another friend after an EX raid.... Kanto has always been my favorite region and the only dex I cared to complete 100%

Next goal is level 40... only 4 levels to go..

Just wanted to share my story as I am not a hardcore player. I only invest 2-3 hours into the game per week and no money into the game other than the gas money used occasionally. I might be getting these accomplishments a lot slower than most, but it's still fun.

submitted by /u/kantochris
[link] [comments]

1 like = 1 prayer

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:36 AM PDT

I'm at school and I thought I'd catch some Rattata and not even 5 minutes into it I spotted a wild Blissey that wasn't even on the radar and I lost my shit and tried to catch it but it fled and so as crushed as I was I continued on but found a wild Chansey and I was like, "Okay I HAVE to catch this." AND THIS PINK FATSO FLED FROM ME TOO

http://imgur.com/gallery/PdpwutE

Sorry for the lazy style of writing that out I'm sleepy still it's 7 in the morning

submitted by /u/poketrainerasswipe
[link] [comments]

Found a video I took of a community college event in July 2016. Anyone else have photos/videos from the early days to share?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:07 PM PDT

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX7jYAqgJ0M

Photo from the same event: https://i.imgur.com/FwTXntJ.jpg

A thread recently made me nostalgic for the early days of the game. I'm 29 and I've been playing video games since I was 4, and the first month of Pokemon Go was one of the most incredible gaming experiences I've been a part of. The number of people outside playing was mindblowing, and wish I had saved more footage of it. I don't imagine that something like that will happen again any time soon.

So, with that said, attached is the only video I have from that period, but I'd be interested in seeing what sort of stuff you guys have saved from back then.

submitted by /u/Linkums
[link] [comments]

Making Pokemon you don't have a "special trade" is terrible design

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 09:26 PM PDT

I work in Yokosuka so I was near the event the whole time and was lucky enough to participate one day. The biggest takeaway from the event was how much the current trading design of only a single special trade per day goes against the social and community ideas that Niantic is trying for. Why have not social gatherings when people can only really trade for Pokemon they need one single time? I don't mean legendaries or shiny but just regular Pokemon that people don't have.

  1. Either change the policy so that people can only make one social trade per day per person. Not only a single special trade at all per day.

  2. Only make the legendaries and shinies be special trades. Maybe increase the stardust cost for trading unowned Pokemon to compensate?

Basically I talked with some random people and had some Pokemon they needed for their dex but I basically had to pick a single person to trade with of the group of people. Just seems anti-community for that type of situation to block me from trading with more than one person.

submitted by /u/phillip9933
[link] [comments]

Finally got Mewtwo! I traded with my sister to try to improve IVs, but we're feeling pretty lucky instead :)

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 04:52 PM PDT

(Mine went from 75% to 70% though)

https://i.imgur.com/fQUKJhV.png

submitted by /u/Pokemaster131
[link] [comments]

Can we have more statistics on our pokemon?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 04:10 AM PDT

I'd like to see which of my pokemon have defended the most hours in gyms, whos won the most battles attacking, whos won the most battles defending, whos dispensed the most damage. It would be nice to have more metrics to sort by.

submitted by /u/ZowieBowie
[link] [comments]

Keep getting a "Pokemon Go has stopped working" dialog box when not even playing.

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:06 AM PDT

It's been happening for the past couple updates, so I can't pinpoint it to one version. Is there a way around this? It happens maybe once or twice a day, just put of nowhere. Seemingly never when I'm actually playing.

Edit: Seeing these replies, I'm shocked that this isn't a more reported on issue! Not that it seems to affect our gameplay. Just usually when I post about something like this, I get immediate links to how many other people have posted the same stuff.

submitted by /u/jpak88
[link] [comments]

What do you spend your star dust on?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 08:13 PM PDT

Seems like everyone is just holding on to it for some reason. Instead of playing with Pokémon I think are cool I should just wait for a chance at a high cp Pokemon? I think people are missing out on some fun times due to the way the dust system is designed.

So what are you actually spending your star dust on?

Edit: Looks like spending dust on high IV Pokemon I want to play with is going to be the game plan for me. Seeing people with a million+ dust and nothing to spend it on spells it out pretty clearly.

submitted by /u/Harrox
[link] [comments]

Got my First ever Shiny today!

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 07:58 PM PDT

...and my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Wingull rates seem super high! Too bad Pelipper isn't a bit more usable http://imgur.com/a/Wn2z0yM

submitted by /u/Vyzhr
[link] [comments]

[Infochart] Field Research Pokémon Encounter - September Edition!

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 05:00 AM PDT

I made an infochart for our Discord community and like to share with you. Perhaps someone likes it, too.

English version: https://imgur.com/6gXXKES

German version: https://imgur.com/ZdFaNKZ

submitted by /u/MilumiGermany
[link] [comments]

Just after catching a weather boosted Regirock, trying to stay out of the harsh sun, we started getting rained on. "What is this, the gen 4 Acid Rain glitch?!"

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 12:46 PM PDT

Granted, only like, two people knew what I was talking about, but I still got a few chuckles over that.

Oh well. That's just the nature of summer storms around here. Sometimes we just have multiple weathers happening at the same time.

submitted by /u/Zeekfox
[link] [comments]

Gen 1 shinies as ultra bonus?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 09:46 PM PDT

So seeing as Let's Go Eevee will have all gen 1 shinies available (Pikachu in GO park and Metapod in the wild) does this mean we will have all gen 1 shinies before the game comes out (except for mew because he's a mythical)? But the biggest question is: Will the ultra bonus be a massive gen 1 shiny release? It could be seeing as there's more and more evidence being shown

submitted by /u/henrifrenchfry
[link] [comments]

Trainers, you’ve done it! Millions of you worked together to complete over 15 million research tasks and the last round of Professor Willow’s #GlobalChallenge. Enjoy Stardust-themed global bonuses starting 9/3, 1 p.m. PDT!

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:01 AM PDT

Hum... yes, I'm truly in the netherlands!

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 12:23 PM PDT

https://imgur.com/a/2xkHLBl

My little sister saw this yesterday. It's funny because we live not too far away from the beach, so seagulls are a pretty common thing where we live.

submitted by /u/rougeric87
[link] [comments]

Spinda vs. Roselia (Tango Raid)

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 03:49 PM PDT

It was quite funny to see all these tango bears :-)

https://youtu.be/7Yf25fqNkjk

submitted by /u/Nohvus
[link] [comments]

Way to go, Team Instinct! We’ve heard that Spark is energized by the fact that #TeamInstinct Trainers have collectively finished over 7 million Field Research tasks. Awesome!

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 01:44 AM PDT

Today was the most insanely lucky non-community day I've ever had.

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 04:42 PM PDT

https://imgur.com/a/H0SfHjH

I managed to find three shiny Wingull and a shiny Roselia all in the span of a few hours. Got a 98% Wingull (now the non-shiny Pelipper) and a lucky Eevee from a friend trade too.

I'm especially happy with the Roselia since I've had a shiny Roselia in the main-series games all the way from my Emerald and it's now on Moon as Roserade. So it's great to finally have one in Pokemon Go!

Best of luck to all my fellow shiny hunters!

submitted by /u/JirachiWishmaker
[link] [comments]

Next legendary Raid?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:35 PM PDT

With the regi's coming to an end in a few weeks, what do you think Niantic's next legendary raid will be? Do you think it will be something new we haven't seen or another shift to previously seen legendaries, if so which one or ones?

submitted by /u/GingerL10
[link] [comments]

What a great moment to take a screenshot!

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 01:32 AM PDT

https://imgur.com/a/cDZDl28

Unfortunately without AR mode (I even don't have him)

submitted by /u/Voldeusz
[link] [comments]

Lucky Labor Day Party

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:05 PM PDT

https://imgur.com/a/GKFbCxc

So I went to a block party today where I caught up with some friends who played PoGO when the game first launched, but have since fallen off. They had a bunch of mons that were caught within the first week of the game and I was able to get a bunch of luckies today. Pretty good day for my dex 🙂👍

submitted by /u/DCruz0591
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.