Learn Dota 2 - 4k supporting 1k - replay analysis of 1k (Clinkz) and 4k (Oracle) |
- 4k supporting 1k - replay analysis of 1k (Clinkz) and 4k (Oracle)
- Offlaners that benefit from 2-1-2?
- Having a hard time becoming more versatile.
- Replay pending
- How can i improve on invoker? I really suck at it!
- Does Drow need a buff?
- Hi guys, I just made a guide on how to play warlock. Would appreciate it if you guys would take a look. Thanks in advance!
- Offlaning in the new 2-1-2 meta
- Help with a recent game that was really close
- Do Underhallow BP points only count if you win?
- Let's talk Juggernaut!
- Why are peole specifically racist against peruvains
- When to pick lycan? When not to?
- How to counter monkey king
- 2 questions re: laning as pos5
- Is there ever a good reason to get Tango/Salve on Warlock?
- I have 9 reports and was not send to LP
- Dota2 Podcast (WeLikeDota) Live Show – Philadelphia, PA, Sunday June 24th, 1:00pm US Eastern time
- Is Drow Ranger viable?
- How do I win the game as offlaner and roamer?
- Any tips for a player returning from a break so he can adapt to the current meta would be much appreciated.
- What do you do when an AM is on the other team?
- The most important questions watching Pro Dota
- Questions About Anti Mage
- Is it ok to rush Aghanims on Necrophos? (Or: How to make Necro work?)
| 4k supporting 1k - replay analysis of 1k (Clinkz) and 4k (Oracle) Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:05 AM PDT I did this game recently with Kierke, a guy that had posted on here recently about how he was fed up with Dota. I did some replay analysis for him and played this game with him. He asked for some tips on it so I thought I'd review his gameplay as well as going through my own thoughts supporting in this game. I'm going to reply to my own post with analysis on him, then analysis on me. Hope this is somewhat useful to folks. Edit - here's the match ID. Sorry thought I posted. https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3954636595 Edit 2 - I should add that this wasn't a smurf on my part, we partied directly together on my main account. The enemy team also had a 4k dude (the Bristleback). [link] [comments] |
| Offlaners that benefit from 2-1-2? Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:52 PM PDT I know some offlaners benefit from being solo (Axe, bristle, etc). Are there any that stand out as being brought more into viability by how common having a support is top lane? Pango is one i think, idk others [link] [comments] |
| Having a hard time becoming more versatile. Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:45 PM PDT Hey guys, Dota is my first MOBA. I played around 800 games. I feel that I have inflated my match making rating by spamming a single role and a couple heroes. Now that I'm trying to branch out its become very frustrating. Im looking for practical advice and/or mindset tips. At a certain point, I researched the offlane role like crazy. I spammed doom and brew, and did a variety of minute 0 pull tactics before this was patched away. At this time I was climbing very fast, shitting on tri-lanes and snowballing into the mid-game. My mmr rose to mid-legend which I was happy with. Around the elimination of offlane pull, I began to get bored. For around a moth now I have been trying to play new roles and heroes. Mainly pos 1 carry with luna, morph, troll. Some gankers like LC. However I find that I am incapabale of playing new heroes. If character actions are not automated or executed by muscle memory, I spend so much time thinking about mechanics that I play like a moron and lose the game for me team. I have tryed going back to the characters I spammed before to experience domination again, but I have even lost my unconcious competence on those characters. At this stage, I'm very frustrated by the game. Feeding, getting flamed and being styled on by opponents. I look at my friends and opponents profiles, the majority have very high versatility score. This is evidence that other players are capable of playing a variety of characters and roles. I really don't know what my problem is here. I'm trying to push through the challenge, but I just feel like I'm becoming much worse player. Have any of you struggled to become more versatile? What helped or hindered you in this process? Thanks for listening to my rant. it helps to verbalize. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:03 PM PDT I'm having trouble downloading this replay: 3810337782. When I try to open it, it says replay pending. Can anyone help? [link] [comments] |
| How can i improve on invoker? I really suck at it! Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:38 PM PDT So after some time i'm trying to bring back my invoker (up to a somewhat good hero-ish standard)... but i feel lost mostly, about item builds, skill builds, what to use and when, power spikes etc... I used to be able to play it before the QWE dont give stats nerf to a reasonable extent in my skill level... but since then i've improved overall (to some extent) and want to properly play invoker again as well. https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3960518881 https://www.opendota.com/matches/3960518881/overview https://stratz.com/en-us/match/3960518881/playback Here is my last match (all links are of the same match), i think the other team had a better draft (duh), but at the same time, i feel like i play very un-adaptive and rely on skillshots and luck more than something that drives the pace of the game with this hero... So can anyone maybe take a look or suggest me tips for improvements, and if anyone has any learning material regarding this, that would be good as well... [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:29 PM PDT I've been playing some Drow lately...she seems a bit underwhelming. Not trash tier, but I feel like she could use a small buff or two. I think I have a pretty good idea on a possible buff for Drow: when she casts her Precision Aura active, any last hits that an empowered non-hero unit gets goes to Drow. For example, if she casts her E and a ranged creep or a catapult gets a last hit, she gets, Drow gets the money. I think this would be a pretty good way of helping Drow out in those long farmy games where there's enough downtime for her to use her E for GPM purposes. It will also let her use her E active without feeling bad about denying creeps from her/her team if there a lane or two not being farmed. Another idea is to reduce her turnrate by a tiny bit. This will help her ability to skirmish and fight. Right now, if she gets dove (assuming no item actives) she has no choice but to run away, wait till she's at a safe distance, and start autoing again. With a lower turn rate, she can perhaps outplay by simply kiting backwards. What do you guys think? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:10 PM PDT |
| Offlaning in the new 2-1-2 meta Posted: 18 Jun 2018 03:07 PM PDT In the new dual offlane meta, is the offlane still actively and frequently harassing the enemy carry, or is that more the support's job now with the offlaner free to farm more and only harass when the support needs help? [link] [comments] |
| Help with a recent game that was really close Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:36 PM PDT 3960795980 : I'm asking for help about this specific game; I was doing really well up until a couple of deaths and then i tilted a bit in chat and made a couple of questionable plays like a buyback into a tp on their shrine when their team all had like ~15% health hitting our T2. (I am the timbersaw) I did really well against their solo safelane bloodseeker and killed him once in lane i think and also forced a rotation out from one of their offlane supports. I am asking if there is anything that I could have done to saved my teammates from their early game struggles (<10mins) . Since my teammates will most likely be struggling in the early game against their superior lineups (for example, I will often get pos5 pudge or earthshaker and the enemy picks much better supports such as disruptor or shadow shaman.), I am wondering if there is any way to combat this as the offlane/3 position. Thanks in advance and I am trying to improve my attitude (i posted a rage post a couple days ago about how the matchmaking was "rigged" even though I was just having a couple of bad luck games and i really regret it.) [link] [comments] |
| Do Underhallow BP points only count if you win? Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:34 PM PDT The description says you get points by defeating all the other teams or by finding treasure. I've been finding treasure, and it'll say that I have x/2000 BP points, but the points aren't counting after the game. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:41 AM PDT ... at a shit tier level.
Basically all thoughts welcome! On other shit tier P1 carries too! [link] [comments] |
| Why are peole specifically racist against peruvains Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:17 AM PDT I know they don't speak English. That a given. But I see allot of people flaming people for being peruvain. They don't say shit about Mexicans. Just peruvians. Why they are playing on a us server, idk because there's a Mexican and peruvaon server for a reason. Anyways why are people racist against peruvains and not Mexicans anyways. [link] [comments] |
| When to pick lycan? When not to? Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:42 PM PDT In what situations/team comps do you like picking lycan? What heros do you hate playing against as him? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:24 PM PDT |
| 2 questions re: laning as pos5 Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:17 AM PDT I typically solo-Q as pos5 (which I understand to be safelane, lane support) in SEA at ~2.8k MMR as bane, shadow shaman, or jakiro. My two questions are: - generally speaking, in my bracket (and I think most brackets in this patch) the lanes are 2-1-2. From a BSJ support video (it was a disruptor) I watched from a couple of months ago, he said that if your lane pairing is weaker than the enemy offlane pairing, and in particular if your presence doesn't protect your carry from death, it is generally a good idea to go and pull. The logic in the video could broadly be summarised: if they're screwing with you at the pull camp, even if they wreck your pull through and screw the equilibrium, then they're not screwing with your carry, allowing him to cs under tower. And if you don't pull and they're already screwing with your carry and lane equilibrium, given that your lane is weaker, there isn't much you can do about it anyways. Is this still relevant? Secondly, if it is not, what do I do when my carry is a weak laner (and spectre specifically - I seem to have a lot of spectre carries recently)? - Occasionally, I will come across a solo offlaner. Specifically, the two instances were a venomancer, and a bloodseeker, and I was bane both times. In both games I was able to zone out the offlaner well (I love trading on bane), and they left to go to jungle. In both instances, I went and pulled-through as often as I could, in order to get myself levels and gold. Excepting 5:00 / 10:00, when I would aim to single pull to double wave the tower. Is this the correct approach, or is it better for me to continue to ruin the offlaners game by following them into their jungle? I suspect it will vary based on the enemy hero - in retrospect I don't think following veno in would have been a good idea - I would be food for his wards. But bloodseeker I think I could have screwed with quite a bit (nightmare + steal his big creep CS, or even a cheeky brain sap kill just before he finishes off a creep and heals). In the venomancer game I was radiant, meaning I would have had to have gone uphill, whereas against the bloodseeker I was dire, meaning I could sit on the high ground for a surprise appearance. Would this further affect/change the decision? Thanks very much, Skaard, your friendly pos5. [link] [comments] |
| Is there ever a good reason to get Tango/Salve on Warlock? Posted: 18 Jun 2018 03:05 PM PDT I understand that you may get 1 set of Tangos so that you can give your mid 2 pooled Tangos. I also understand that there are some situations where you might want to cast Shadow Word and also eat a Tango at the same time. However, I feel like these situational advantages don't outweigh the sheer gold efficiency advantage of Mangos and Clarities. Besides, Mangos and Clarities also have the situational advantage of being used offensively since it allows you to cast Shadow Word on the enemy. Am I wrong to prefer foregoing Tangos and Salves for Mangos and Clarities? [link] [comments] |
| I have 9 reports and was not send to LP Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:57 PM PDT Well, I also have 11 commends. Now I understand why people are being a commend whore in post game chat. Commendations nullify reports. This is a new finding. p.s. I got reported for playing AM support in my solo ranked games ;) [link] [comments] |
| Dota2 Podcast (WeLikeDota) Live Show – Philadelphia, PA, Sunday June 24th, 1:00pm US Eastern time Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:27 PM PDT |
| Posted: 17 Jun 2018 10:28 PM PDT I'm new to dota and I really enjoy crow. I just notice that I'm very squishy. I enjoy her very simple playstyle but maybe simple isn't a good thing . I also enjoy clinkz but some times I just enjoy simple play [link] [comments] |
| How do I win the game as offlaner and roamer? Posted: 18 Jun 2018 03:03 AM PDT I am a mid player, actually a Visage spammer, and I believe that what makes me strong is a clear game plan: win mid push mid push safe push every t2 Rosh hg. Ez. But when I play offlane or roam or other non core positions I really don't know what to do. I often play enchantress and I often destroy the enemy safelane alone, I push the tower but I can't control the game and I lose. Tell me how to create a good game plan for each hero and position please ( I want a wall of text ). [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:31 AM PDT Hi guys, I took more than 8 months break due to studies and as it's summer so I am back to Dota. I tried playing some matches with my main account but failed miserably. So I am currently trying my luck with my old smurf which is much lower ranked. But still I am feeling that I am not making much of an impact. I watched Dota 2 tournaments while I was away and I heard that the meta is bit more aggressive now. I am much more used to the old meta of farm better and either win directly or manage comebacks. So any tips for decision making would be very much appreciated. I watched a couple of replays of high mmr players. I get it that I should accompany my team more often in teamfights even in start now. But in low mmr there are many stand offs. And we lose xp and gold while being there. What to do in that case? So any advice related to that would be very much appreciated. Moreover, if you have any suggestions as to heroes that could help me adapt better, I would be grateful. Dotabuff link: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/172944669 [link] [comments] |
| What do you do when an AM is on the other team? Posted: 17 Jun 2018 08:18 PM PDT I love picking AM but I have no idea how to stop him from split pushing me. I play pos 1 / offlane so general advice for those roles is appreciated. My man pos 1 heroes other than AM are heroes like Luna, Spec, Dusa, and Void. Offlane is basically anyone I feel like playing lmao [link] [comments] |
| The most important questions watching Pro Dota Posted: 18 Jun 2018 11:03 AM PDT Hi guys, I'll ask your help: I want to create a set of simple and useful questions that could help me while watching a Dota 2 play, to fully understand it and to improve in the game myself, and i belive that with your help a lot of important questions will come out, so help me! =P Some examples: How is winning/losing team warding and for which reason? Where is farming winning/losing carry and why? When a team smoke, why in that moment and place? Something like that, I'm sure that your questions will be much more smart and useful, so I'll wait for them =D [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:16 AM PDT So I'm around 1.6kMMR which I realize is pretty bad and that I probably shouldn't play anti mage because I'll inefficiently farm, however I really enjoy the hero and if possible wish to improve with him and I still manage 700-800GPM which I don't think is bad. Anyway my question regarding AM, is he primarily supposed to split pushing once he is 4-5-6 slotted or should he be with his team to fight? Usually I try to cut waves and split push during fights if the enemy team has stronger teamfight but in general should I always be prioritizing split pushing or should team fighting come first? [link] [comments] |
| Is it ok to rush Aghanims on Necrophos? (Or: How to make Necro work?) Posted: 18 Jun 2018 09:59 AM PDT Some context: I feel like I don't have much impact on Necro when my ultimate is on cooldown. I tried to go the Radiance route but I didn't really like it? Then I once tried Veil right into Aghanims and then Force Staff for mobility and it was like night and day. I killed people left and right. So is this approach wrong? Can it be punished? How do I make non-Aghanims Necro work? Or do I always go Aghanims? Is there a right-click Necro build, kinda like some Int mid heroes who can transition into right-click like Puck or QoP? [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Learndota2. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment