Destiny - [D2] Daily Reset Thread [2018-06-18]


[D2] Daily Reset Thread [2018-06-18]

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:04 AM PDT

Daily Milestone

Crucible Challenges: Complete 3 challenges in the Crucible.

Also live: Trials.


Planetary Challenges

Planet Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3
EDZ Lost Sectors: The Sludge - Loot a Lost Sector in the Sludge. EDZ Scavenger - Gather 10 Dusklight Shards. Pikejacked - Steal a Fallen Pike and use it to defeat 20 enemies.
Titan Lost Sectors: Siren's Watch - Loot a Lost Sector in Siren's Watch. Walking the Beat - Complete 3 patrols. Maleus Maleficarum - Defeat 3 Hive Wizards.
Nessus Lost Sectors: The Cistern - Loot a Lost Sector around the Cistern. Treasure Hunter - Loot 3 Vex or Fallen supply caches. Into the Labyrinth - Defeat 5 Vex Minotaurs.
Io Lost Sectors: The Rupture - Loot a Lost Sector in the Rupture. Event Horizon - Successfully complete a public event. Scourge of the Taken - Defeat 75 Taken enemies.
Mercury beep boop failed to fetch
Mars beep boop failed to fetch

Heroic Strikes

Modifiers:

  • Arc Singe: Arc damage increases slightly from all sources.
  • Grenadier: Grenade abilities deal more damage and recharge much faster.
  • Blackout: Enemy melee attacks are fatal, and radar is disabled.
Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Titan Challenge 3 Hunter Challenge 3 Warlock
Hat Trick - Defeat 3 or more enemies at once using a Power weapon. Null and Void - As a fireteam, defeat 100 enemies using Void attacks. Ricochet - As a Sentinel, defeat multiple enemies by throwing your shield, 5 times. Concealment - As a Nightstalker, defeat 10 enemies blinded by your smoke grenade. Devouring Void - As a Voidwalker, defeat an enemy using Bloom.

Strike Challenges

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Titan Challenge 3 Hunter Challenge 3 Warlock
Trigger Discipline - Defeat 2 enemies without reloading, 10 times. Null and Void - As a fireteam, defeat 100 enemies using Void attacks. Ricochet - As a Sentinel, defeat multiple enemies by throwing your shield, 5 times. Concealment - As a Nightstalker, defeat 10 enemies blinded by your smoke grenade. Devouring Void - As a Voidwalker, defeat an enemy using Bloom.

Crucible Challenges

Mode Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3
Quickplay High Voltage - Defeat 15 opponents with Arc final blows. Payback - Defeat 5 opponents who recently defeated you or a teammate. Blaze of Glory - Defeat 5 opponents using your Supers.
Competitive Pack Hunting - Defeat 20 opponents with two or more participating players. Hot Streak - As a team, remain undefeated while defeating 3 opponents, 5 times. Deny Their Supply - As a team, load Power ammo 3 times before the opposing team loads any.
Rumble beep boop failed to fetch
Trials of the Nine Tribute - As a fireteam, defeat 150 opponents. Fulfillment - Win 20 rounds. Judgment - Win 5 matches.

Heroic Adventure Modifiers

beep boop failed to fetch


Gunsmith Inventory

  • Void Damage Mod
  • Hunter Cloak Kinetic Counterbalance Mod
  • Arms Kinetic Munition Loader
submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
[link] [comments]

Focused Feedback: Heroic Strikes and Modifiers

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:56 AM PDT

Hello Guardians,

Focused Feedback is where we take the week to focus on a 'Hot Topic' discussed extensively around the Tower.

We do this in order to consolidate Feedback, to get out all your ideas and issues surrounding the topic in one place for discussion and a source of feedback to the Vanguard.

This Thread will be active until next week when a new topic is chosen for discussion

Whilst Focused Feedback is active, ALL posts regarding ' Heroic Strikes and Modifiers' following its posting will be removed and re-directed to this thread


Any and all Feedback on the topic is welcome.

Regular Sub rules apply so please try to keep the conversation on the topic of the thread and keep it civil between contrasting ideas


A Wiki page - Focused Feedback - has also been created for the Sub as an archive for these topics going forward so they can be looked at by whoever may be interested or just a way to look through previous hot topics of the Sub as time goes on.

submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
[link] [comments]

If our guardian remains voiceless in Forsaken, then 100% change the tone of our ghost

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:57 AM PDT

Adjust the depth of the voice, make it more metallic/robotic, give him fewer more impactful lines. But absolutely, indefinitely, provide better script. No jokes, no dumb questions, no cluelessness, no lame attempts at silly 1-liners.

Ghost absolutely sets the tone since it's what we hear constantly. So if Forsaken is darker themed —> ghost needs darker theme.

Edit: I just want to clarify 2 points based on comments (which are great btw)

  1. I don't have an issue with NN or anything like that. It's the scripting, lines, and delivery as well as the audio tweaks done to NN voice. They're too light hearted and have not emotion or grit (except in D1Y3 when we got exotic khovstov... that shit was the feels)

  2. I don't mind the silent protagonist thing Bungie is doing... BUT if the guardian has a voice it should be for generic lines and to have a dialogue with our ghost, otherwise ghost is unbearable to listen to constantly. If they don't bring a voice to guardian, then ghost has to change.

submitted by /u/LastGuardianStanding
[link] [comments]

I still don't understand why we can't just directly access every mission we've completed from the director.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:39 AM PDT

As it stands we have 2 ways to replay any part of the story:

  • We can start a new character (many players already have 3) and play the whole way through again.

  • We can choose from the few Meditations that are on current rotation and play everything out of sequence.

The fact that this is the case in a AAA game in 2018 game that is largely based around PvE content is legitimately baffling. We can't choose missions from the director. We can't choose strikes from the director. We can't even choose specific Crucible game modes from the director.

If the game were more heavily tipped toward the PvP crowd (à la Halo), maybe this would make a little bit of sense. Maybe. I think it would still be a stretch. But an inability to go back and replay the story in a game that barely has a PvP presence and is PvE-heavy is inexplicable to me.

It feels like Bungie has its own game in a stranglehold and isn't willing to let go.

submitted by /u/FacelessShadow
[link] [comments]

Knife in the back. Poster/T-shirt Design.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:40 AM PDT

Hi everyone. I want to share my graphic vision of the Forsaken E3 trailer. Hope you like it.

https://i.imgur.com/4tupA1N.jpg

submitted by /u/milkpack
[link] [comments]

The IKOLOS weapons have been better, more fulfilling "chases" than Redrix's ever could be.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:44 AM PDT

Just got the IKOLOS shotgun to drop after my 26th EP run and I haven't felt that satisfied in a grind in a long time! I feel It had everything to do with the sizable team working on a singular goal and having fun together while toppling it; two things not really intrinsic in Competitive PVP. Is there teamwork? Sure. But it can get toxic really fast if only one person is having an off night/doesn't play up to snuff.

Having fun while smashing ads and melting bosses together with a group of chill guardians is what makes Destiny "Destiny" and I highly suggest recommending it to your lapsed Clan buddies as a means of bringing them back!

Edit: IKELOS* but also I just wanted to add that I think the guns themselves are a better reward to chase than the Claymore is. It's not just about the journey, it's also about the strength of the reward and the IKELOS guns are just better.

submitted by /u/hova092
[link] [comments]

I should NOT have my 5 winning streak wiped out because I joined an already losing Crucible Match. This needs to be posted again and again until it's fixed. It seriously diminishes the will to continue playing.

Posted: 17 Jun 2018 07:46 PM PDT

It's already going to be quite an effort to reset Valor twice for that Exotic ghost as I had to take a week off for Iron Banner (because for some reason it doesn't count towards Valor) and a week off for Faction Rallies. I don't find it reasonable that I should lose a winning streak because the team I was on lost, through no fault of my own no less. G While I'm here, I also find it dumb that I can't stay on the same crucible team unless I specifically team up in a fireteam. With everything that's been going on with the new update, this is the thing that's killing my fun the most.

Edit: as someone pointed out, I meant valor, not glory.

submitted by /u/SpecialSause
[link] [comments]

Bungie, I just went through 8 consecutive comp matches 1v4.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 12:34 PM PDT

Edit: Games 9 and 10 were 3v4. This is insanity. I've never seen such an unhealthy game mode in any video game I have ever played.

This is not a salt post, I am merely trying to point out the reality of the situation. People quit games so fast because of the very poor matchmaking. I stay in games because I want to keep playing and I don't want to get locked out. I finally had enough and quit the last 2 matches, which gave me time to make this post.

According to Destiny Tracker...

Of those 8 games, 7 of them were against teams of 3 or more. Those 7 games, I had an average "chance of winning" of 20%. The one game in which it was relatively even, players quit before the end of the 1st round. That game I actually won 2 rounds as a solo player. 1 round because of a team wipe with a super and I hid for the rest of the round, picking off 2 players to win by life advantage, 1-0.

This isn't a wait until season 4 fix, this is needed now. Get rid of loss streaks. Improve the matchmaking to limit the occurrence of solo queue vs teams. I don't think the community would complain about long queue times over the horrific matchmaking.

Who cares at this point if everyone gets Redrix's Claymore. Open the floodgates and at least make our time spent feel respected.

As it stands, if I want to try to reach legendary rank, I have to commit my entire life around the game mode. Hell, for a lot of people, they have to make that commitment just to reach fabled rank. That's not a hobby. That is excessive. That might work in a game like Overwatch which is purely PvP. But in a game where there's quite a bit to do on the PvE side, special events, other PvP ranks like valor (Why doesn't valor count for every game mode?), there's a massive amount of time required to play competitive that really isn't accessible by 99% of your playerbase. You overshot the mark by an absurd, embarrassing amount.

There are less than 4,000 people, currently, in fabled rank or beyond. We're nearly half way through the season. How can less than 4,000 players be in the middle tier only half way through the season? That is a pitiful number and one that caught me by surprise.

I mean, I am at 1550 (Was at 1,700+ before I started playing this afternoon). I am in the top 4,000 for glory points. How is this possible?

It's a shame. I was really looking forward to playing ranked throughout the season and seeing where I end up. Right now, I have all but given up. I am close enough to the claymore that I might go until I hit 2100 points. But there's very little chance I even try to bother with the playlist past that. And I certainly won't be bothering in season 4 if nothing changes.

It's an utter failure, again. Trying to reinvent the wheel to make things "Uniquely Destiny", but that doesn't work. This needs an emergency fix. It's so bad. I don't mind grinding for it. I clearly had set aside the time to do so, but it doesn't seem even remotely close to being possible. I know I am good enough to hit at least fabled.

You'll serve yourselves, the community, and the health of the game better if too many players rank up past your intentions than having the opposite occur and not having enough players reach your projected goals. Especially if it is as bad as it seems. It's just going to alienate players, like myself, who put in absurd amount of hours and still came up way short.

I was one of the most committed players to this game mode for the past 6 weeks and you have lost me. The sheer amount of posts on this topic in the past few days probably means I am not alone in this disappointment.

submitted by /u/Bartman1919
[link] [comments]

I used to carry random people in Heroic strikes in Y3. Now I hardly carry my self

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 03:11 AM PDT

I used to put the blue skeleton helmet before matching in a strike so I will match with low light levels so I can carry them https://imgur.com/tFoJJtX I was having fun in the same time as well. I wish I could do that now but MAN! The modifiers are the WORST! Even the advantage ones. I mean ..Brawler and glass? If I can get two shoted easily from a Hive Boomer why would I go and melee him? just bring back the Y3 system. I haven't raged this much in PvE. AND I don't rage often. GOD!

Edit: First time in front page! WOOOOO!! Thanks guys!

submitted by /u/itsYou-sef
[link] [comments]

Destiny 2: Forsaken – Building the Bow

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:23 AM PDT

I think I just pieced together a part of the Dreaming City [Spoilers]

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:23 AM PDT

That Giant tower, which the Raid Designer said was our ultimate end goal - had me thinking! "What do you usually save at the top of the tower?" The princess. "What's guarding the princess?" Yeahhhhhhhhhh. Here's a hint: Large, manipulative, wish-granter, has two wings and can breathe fire. They also state how they wanted to get back to slaying a "big monster" or something to that extent. And since we know Uldren is not the big hidden evil in this expansion, this would make sense. Savs not going to be here for a while. Please, just for the Love of Destiny's Lore... introduce these bastards!

Edit #1 - Ahamkara Crave knowledge - Mara isn't your average, Awoken. She's their queen and more than likely knows the Secrets of the Dreaming City. It's supposed to be the "birthplace" of the Awoken after all. Well, according to the ViDoc. The Sealed Grasps also pretty much foreshadowed Cayde's death - this only adds to the theory considering they've been lurkers. But there's still that Grey area of how the Queen was resurrected? I believe the Scorn are connected to whatever dark magic trickery the Ahamkara used to bring Mara back. And I think the Dreaming City houses some sort of Energy and is locked to outsiders. Perhaps, a deal was made with Uldren, EAO (hopefully this fucker), Mara and the Harbingers?

Edit #2 - The Ultimate Sacrifice - (I'm going to use Eao as the only name even though we own his parts) What if Eao made a pact with Uldren? Remember how the Ahamkara were hunted to near extinction because they're wishes came at too high of a cost? What if Pirate Mara is the direct reflection of that cost?

submitted by /u/Vahro
[link] [comments]

There has been no word about Strike-Specific Loot on the Roadmaps

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:36 AM PDT

Bungie, as a reminder, we still want Strike Specific Loot from Heroic strikes via Skeleton Keys (or another method) and the Roadmaps do not show anything about them.

submitted by /u/warorgyman
[link] [comments]

EP Shotgun support group

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:35 AM PDT

40 clears with no EP weapon of any kind. Not salty, actually happy for the guy that got 4 in a row last night. He stuck with us until we were done.

Here's a shout out to all those teams running EP farm and NOT the one jerk that will go silent and kill the boss early for the chest. <### leaves party/fireteam>

Keep it fun, I'll probably try again tonight to get that elusive scatter stick! Keep your fireteam open so others can form their own instance with your help, might even make a new friend or two!

submitted by /u/Ninjaninja2001
[link] [comments]

Forsaken PvP needs God rolls and post game loot screen

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:41 AM PDT

The chance of a God roll of a decent gun is all anyone really needs as incentive to stay for the match it worked well enough in D1. I'm sure this is already coming but I just wanted to make sure this wasn't one of those obvious oversights made by bungie sometimes...

Now as far as the loot screen I would love for it to go back to a D1 style show of loot at least for my team. I loved watching the engram roll like a die and looking at everyones roll was really entertaining. Sure sometimes it annoyed me that people who did really bad got something awesome but it was also awesome to be that person. It lessoned the blow of getting pooped on.

submitted by /u/SchwillyThePimp
[link] [comments]

Can exotic engrams AT LEAST offer a chance of +1 to power level on that item???

Posted: 17 Jun 2018 08:26 PM PDT

I've completed all of my milestones for the week. Ran the raid. Now I'm done? That's it?

I load up heroic strikes today since the modifiers are fun and start playing strikes. Got 2 exotic engrams in the 2 hour session. But both engrams were a big disappointments since I know they'll amount to nothing more than what I get from blues now.

The nerf to exotic engrams makes them equal to a blue. Instant dismantle. And a longer dismantle time too.

I'd love to see a chance of higher power so there's some feeling that there could be some progression outside of the milestones or the raid/trials run for the week.

We want to keep playing.

submitted by /u/Hollywood_Zro
[link] [comments]

The Aeon armor pieces should be reworked for Forsaken.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 09:09 AM PDT

Cuz they look awesome and that's about it.

Edit: woohoo front page again!!!

submitted by /u/haste319
[link] [comments]

Last week I completed EP with all blueberries. 1 of them added me and has been asking nonstop for EP ever since. Last night I helped him and a friend get their Ikelos Shotgunz. This was one of those moments where I’m truly happy to be a part of this community.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 12:05 PM PDT

Blueberries W/Shotgunz

The dude had been messaging me literally every day to do EP since he couldn't find people to do it with but wanted the gear so bad. I just couldn't do it since I was burnt out after 147 clears chasing my own shotgun.

Last night I was randomly messing around with Graviton on Wave 1 when four blueberries rampaged the ogre. We got past wave 2 , 3, 4 and 5. So I shot the dude a message and said "join NOW." He immediately left the strike he was doing and brought a buddy(zero clears). We downed the boss and I saw the SG pop up for him I was super hype. Then we ran it back and his buddy (on his second clear ever) got the SG too. I was honestly hype af for both of them. I new it was hard for them to find an EP squad but at least now they both can run around with one of the games best guns. <3

submitted by /u/TheTraveIer_
[link] [comments]

Xol and Nokris Strikes dialogue need reworking to justify repeating from story campaign.

Posted: 17 Jun 2018 11:17 PM PDT

Curse of Osiris, despite how badly it was received, at least had a justification for repeating two of its campaign's missions as Strikes, being about simulations and rebuilding a Vex Mind, with Sagira joking around with a confused Ghost who's been out while the missions happened the first time around.

Warmind's "Strange Terrain" and "Will of the Thousands", however, have no such justifications, and both even have you play the Strikes as if you've never played the campaign storyline for them.

I wouldn't be mad about the 2 main Warmind Strikes if the dialogue justified reprising what already happened in the story campaign. Maybe adding alternate dialogue that lampshades how Nokris and Xol are constantly coming back to war with Rasputin and Ana Bray thanks to their Ascendant Realms and will keep on going every once in a while?

submitted by /u/Knight_Valfodr
[link] [comments]

"You can stop, you know? They're dead."

Posted: 17 Jun 2018 04:52 PM PDT

For a moment he didn't hear. Just kept ramming his fists into the last of the Scorn in this place, even though it stopped moving nearly a minute ago. Its face and chest were little more than pulp now. The haze began to subside a bit and the familiar woman's voice started getting through.

"The Barons are dead. Uldren is dead. And that thing you're making a mess of now is most assuredly dead too," said Ikora. "You need to talk, Zavala."

"I'm up to date on the Tower reports, Ikora. What do we need to talk about," he asked between ragged, angry breaths. The gore dripping off his armor turned to ash and fell off of him as he let a sliver of his Light leak out, the arc energy pushing it away and frying it. Ikora kept her distance to avoid the stench. Probably.

"Not 'we', my friend. You. He's gone. Making jam out of the Scorn after they're dead won't fix that." Her tone was gentle. Well, almost gentle. Certainly as gentle as she could make it. Warlocks. Never big on the whole "emotions" thing. But she'd try for her fireteam. What was left of her fireteam.

"I'm aware, Ikora. They still need to be killed so they can't harm anyone else. This isn't just about...Cayde."

"The killing isn't," she said, nodding. "The mutilation is." His expression hardened and he began to speak, but she rode right over him, gesturing around the war torn remains of the former baron's stronghold. All but the one he stood over were taken down in the heat of combat, but most showed damage that was far more than was strictly needed to end them. Missing limbs. Necks not just snapped, but the heads they held on ripped off whole. Fist-sized holes punched deep into torsos, arc burns sealing the wounds so they'd take that much longer to die. "It's not just him, or even all of them. Your anger--justified or not--is coloring all of your actions. All of your decisions as Tower Commander."

"Are you saying I'm unfit for the post?" His voice had gone very soft and quiet, like the patter of rain in the moments before thunder. His fist was clenched and held stiffly at his side. A tempest of arc Light didn't escape his control, but it was a near thing.

"No, you are. But your current actions are not. Answer me one question, Zavala. Why is the Tower Commander here, alone on the field in hostile territory? The commander whose expertise and wisdom we need directing our Guardians. The commander who has been running everyone ragged these past weeks. The commander who has been especially hard on one guardian in particular lately, handing them Nightfall-level assignment after assignment with no rest to speak of, that commander."

"Guardians aren't made of glass, Ikora. Not me, commander or not. And especially not that one," he practically spat the last part. "We can all handle what we're doing just fine."

"There was one of us who couldn't." Zavala wouldn't have flinched harder if she'd slapped him. "And when he finally broke it was on your watch. And..."

She fixed him with a stare that dared him to finish her sentence, if he was strong enough. She'd watched him carry heavy stones to be put in place for the original Tower's foundation. Pouring so much of himself into the work that he practically was that foundation. She'd watched him be the rock that the Fallen tide broke upon at Twilight Gap. She'd watched him charge into the City during the Lightless Siege against Gaul, vulnerable against impossible odds.

But right now, it took effort beyond any of that for his words to come out. His shoulders slumped. He sighed heavily and dropped his gaze to the cavern floor.

"And at the Siege, I could do nothing but lay there and bleed while they went to face Gaul. When the City fell, I couldn't protect anyone. When Oryx settled his Dreadnaught into our system, I was paralyzed with the needs of the Tower and unable to truly act. But they weren't. Both them and Cayde." Ikora began walking slowly towards him, the sand and loose gravel shifting under her feet. She laid her hand on his shoulder, and all but whispered.

"And..."

He drew an unsteady breath. Then another, before looking into her eyes. There was no judgement there. His response was nearly as quiet.

"And when my oldest friend was murdered in cold blood...I could do nothing. I wasn't there. When the one who did it was brought down, I wasn't there. They were. It was all by their hand, not mine."

"I know. It wasn't mine either. Nor was Gaul. Nor Oryx. Even after all we have done, lately it's feeling like we don't quite measure up, isn't it? Maybe even as hard as you're running them, they can take it. But I'd rather not lose our living legend." She swept her eyes over the cavern again. "Or my oldest friend again. And do so primarily because..." She paused again, waiting.

"Because I didn't get revenge. Because the City, the Vanguard, and I take hit after hit, and for all I know our part in the work is vital and that they couldn't do it without us, it still feels like only one of us is getting to strike back." He backed away, and sat down hard on an overturned supply crate. Weariness radiated from him with every motion. After a moment, Ikora sank down to another crate nearby, a slight pulse of void energy emanating from her feet, keeping her robes clean of the stained sand beneath.

"It's hard sometimes, isn't it? Trusting the Traveler." He looked up sharply at that. It was a shock to hear from her, one of the most devout believers he had ever met. "Clearly, it makes the right calls more often than not. We're still here. And in recent times it's due in no small part because it chose that guardian to bring back the Light to us. But it can't make our choices for us. Only we can do that. Cayde's choices led him here to the Reef, but not back out. And the choices you're making lately could lead a lot of people to places they can't return from, including you and I. That's always a risk, of course, but we trust you to make the best call you can. We need our commander."

Long minutes passed in silence. She didn't push, letting him take his time. She could see the wheels turning in his head, slowly building himself up into the impassible wall he knew he needed to be. Eventually he nodded.

"You're right. Let's get going. We're needed."

"Good. We'll talk on the way. The Hunters still need a new Vanguard leader."

"I have a few candidates in mind. Shiro-4 showed great promise during the SIVA crisis, for one. I'm sure Saladin would speak well of him. But I'm open to other suggestions." He didn't lose a step and she stopped a moment and smiled sadly at his retreating back as they walked out of the cavern and into what passed for daylight in the Reef. It was good to see at least one friend start making the journey home.

submitted by /u/CobaltMonkey
[link] [comments]

Spire of Stars has been out for over a month and has less completions then King's Fall did in first week

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:44 AM PDT

The point I am trying to make is I think Bungie should not launch Forsaken raid in first week.

I think the meager completions for Spire of Stars is directly tied to most players not being raid ready for 2+ weeks and staggered groups of players hitting LFG sites. LFG gets harder and harder to use the longer raid is out and if you don't have experience. I beat it week 2 and it was hard to assemble a group then.

I don't think difficulty is an issue, because while Valus Ca'our is hard, I think this raid compares pretty equally to King's Fall difficulty wise.

Spire of Stars is at 60,353 unique guardian completions

King's Fall had 88,733 by first TWAB after it launched

Sources: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/13615/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---09242015 and raid.report

submitted by /u/catharsis23
[link] [comments]

Spire of Stars boss wipe glitch

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:17 AM PDT

https://gfycat.com/GleefulSmoothIsabellineshrike

My clan members who have completed the new raid lair have been starting to sherpa other clan members through who have not defeated it yet. We defeated the boss in two damage phases and went to get a picture because it was a couple of the guys first clears. However, the final chest didn't spawn in, and while getting the picture, everyone became engulfed and a new ball came out as if we didn't kill him that damage phase. We didn't get the ball or even notice the engulf as we were getting the picture. It's a very frustrating glitch as this raid isn't the easiest mechanically and can be very difficult for new players to get the hang of.

submitted by /u/Kistler21
[link] [comments]

Low priority Bungie plz: Please give some love to the clan banners

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:34 AM PDT

The seasonal clan staffs are somewhat underwhelming. Also, there is no in game opportunity to fly your banner. Once all the other stuff gets rolled out in the fall, it would be great if this could be an area for improvement. Some ideas:

  • Rather than a seasonal staff for reaching max clan level, have ribbons and adornments - like a 40K Space Marine banner.

  • Have an emote where you can plant your clan banner.

  • Have class items that display your clan banner.

Just a few ideas.

submitted by /u/EchoWhiskyBravo
[link] [comments]

Charged Melee abilities should do more damage than an uncharged one.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:17 AM PDT

It's pretty frustrating for my solar Titan melee (bottom tree) to be a hindrance rather than a boon.

I suppose the 'balance' reason is that you're getting the benefit of whatever the ability does, but all Titans and Warlocks have to make 'physical' contact with opponents to have that ability trigger, which means that we should be getting both normal melee damage PLUS the ability damage.

No way should a powered Titan melee EVER do less damage than a normal one. Same for warlocks and contact hunter melees.

submitted by /u/Str8iJustice
[link] [comments]

Destiny 2 - Argos vs Synthoceps Titan Hammers: One Cycle Kill

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 11:04 AM PDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16fTbvt1P2k

EDIT - At the beginning of the vid, We're discussing a bad rumor going around about casting in Forsaken (personally i take it with a grain of salt) I forgot to cut this out so if you are someone that doesn't want to know about rumors/spoilers for Forsaken, I suggest skipping to 1:05 into the video.

The Challenge: Use only Titan hammers to damage and defeat Argos via the Biotic buff from the Synthoceps

Clarification: It's a one cycle kill, not a one phase kill. In other words 2 shield breaks under the same "void reading spike" phase Also worth noting that our Nightstalker DID NOT damage Argos in any way whatsoever. Their job was specifically only to make orbs and nothing else.

Setup: 5 Hammer titans and 1 Nightstalker.

Nightstalker is pretty obvious. Spam tether to make lots of juicy orbs for your chunky titan friends. Meanwhile hammer titans are in charge of timing their supers correctly and applying the Biotic buff in order to receive bonus damage for their supers on Argos. (surrounding yourself with 3+ enemies)

We did mess with melting point for this but ultimately it proved to be a downside for timing, at least for the moment until more testing is done to see if a 'true" one phase is possible with Synthoceps.

submitted by /u/RegisterVexOffender
[link] [comments]

More New Dawnblade Details

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:09 AM PDT

Hey everyone, I've had this written up for a while now but having exams, hadn't got round to posting it. Turns out someone beat me to the chase so I thought I'd post it anyway (to show some extra numbers) and hopefully start some discussion about abilities and whether we have a real support class on our hands. Here is u/i420bootywizard's Guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8rltec/notes_on_the_new_dawnblade_attunement/

The footage I reviewed was Mesa Sean's and LAB's. Credit to LAB for providing footage of the healing nades (incredibly useful). Channels: LAB: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgUptUQBIHZggIagKtlliRw Mesa: https://www.youtube.com/user/mesaseany

Anyway Let's get into it: Keep in mind all this is subject to change during development.

Healing grenades: You can hold down the grenade button to turn your grenade into a well of light. Holding the button triggers an animation which is identical to Chaos Accelerant's, except your hand glows white not purple. Release the button to throw the well of light just as you would a grenade. The grenade creates this well of light, which is about half the diameter of a standard rift. This mini-rift fully restores your health and provides and over-shield instantly, when stepped in. The well lasts 5 seconds and the over-shield persists for approximately 6 seconds after leaving the rift. The overshield can be maintained if you remain in another form of rift. The buff that applies these effects is called Candescent Grace.

Melee: Provides a buff called 'Empowered'. This grants a 20% damage boost to your weapons and lasts 4 seconds. You glow white while influenced and it affects allies nearby during the melee hit.

The Super (Well of Radiance): Essentially a rift with 2 times the diameter. The sword can be destroyed to destroy the rift. It provides healing and a over-shield just like a rift does, you seem to heal faster than a standard rift and it was reported: the longer you are in the rift the faster you heal. Upon activation it does area of effect damage, similar to phoenix dive but less potent. It is not particularly powerful at all. The damage reduces with distance from epicentre. The super also provides 30% damage increase to weapons. Duration: This is particularly odd. The duration of this ability seems wildly variable, it has a base duration of 30 seconds but based on the results below, it is very unlikely the rift will ever be up for only 30s. (You would essentially have to cast it and run)

Shortest duration observed: 16:08->16:45 (37s) The owner was the only one that went in and not for long at all. The rift was essentially cast and ignored.

Longest duration observed: 6:06->7:18(72s) The whole team was in and out of the rift throughout the whole duration. This is awesome, over a minute of super!

Hearthkeeper: So this is a passive buff that occurs each time an ally steps into one of your rifts. (normal rift, super or the grenade rift, or nearby during a melee). When a player steps in you get 5 second buff called Hearthkeeper that reduces the cool down of your melee, grenade and rift abilities.

This buff appears to cut the cool down in half (I'm assuming no mods where used because of how perfectly this works out)

Grenade went from: 3:14->4:29(75s) To 8:25->9:07(37s) with 1 proc of the Hearthkeeper buff.

The Hearthkeeper buff can be applied multiple times during the duration of a single rift. Here's how it works: -Cannot be reapplied while active nor refreshed. It doesn't stack either. -Can be reapplied (even by the same guardian that gave you the buff before) after the 5s timer is over. -However in order for it to proc again the guardian must step out and then back in to your rift. With a coordinated team popping in and out of your rifts when you tell them, your could throw a grenade every 12s or so. (not viable really) only during super.

Thoughts: This seems to have been proclaimed the first 'Support' class in Destiny. While yes it most certainly has far more supporting elements than any other class and the majority of the kit is focused around support I'm not sure the subclass will work as supports in other games do. Typically being defined as a role: Tank/Support/DPS defines how you play and your OBJECTIVE.

I doubt however this will be the case in PvP. In PvE, for sure you will drop your rifts as warlocks already do, to support the team and use your super to bolster boss damage. And you more time to save your team mates in their engagements than you do in PvP. That being said, guardians don't need to be babysat in PvE.

In PvP however I don't feel you will be a 'Support'. If your thinking Overwatch support, I suspect you'll be in for disappointment. In Overwatch when you are a support your game plan changes. Instead of chasing kills 100% of the time you divert a large amount or the majority of your attention to supporting your team. While the nature of Destiny PvP will never allow for the majority of your time to be diverted to support it would be awesome if this class did somewhat shift your objective from KILL KILL KILL to KILL KILL HEAL. This however I very much doubt will be the case. In fact I feel the only ability you will consciously use to support your allies is the super. Currently rifts aren't used to heal your team mates. Yes, occasionally when you see a low team mate you might drop a rift, but in the vast majority of cases rifts are used to heal yourself after a gunfight or prep for an incoming one.

Similarly I feel the new grenades will be used just as selfishly as rifts are . In fact it shares such similarities with devour I doubt It'll be used to heal team mates much at all. Considering just how small the area is, It'd be far too hard to reliably assist your team mates at range during a gunfight and because of the cast time, they will most likely be dead by the time you do. That being said it is an awesome ability for prep-ing for a fight. An organised team could gather round, gain and over-shield and then engage. Seeing as nobody ever joins the voice channel and there is no communication whatsoever in matchmaking I imagine these new grenades will be used much like rifts and devour are now. For personal use to heal up or prep for a gunfight and to occasionally throw down for an ally when your feeling generous. What I'd love to see is a change in this class' objective ie during a team fight you look for opportunities to save your team mates. This however I don't feel will be the case. The animation is too long and if they are at any distance it will be too difficult to aim the grenade to save their life. Much better to just team shoot them down and save the nade for youself.

Proposition to increase Support Nature: Goal: Incentivise generous play and change moment to moment gameplay/objective from KILL to SUPPORT.

Grenade Idea: Rather than removing the unique offensive effects and mechanics of each of the grenades, perhaps we could incorporate them into the healing nature of the grenade. Make the choice of grenade matter when considering a support style of gameplay.
Proposition: Healing properties for each grenade are different and not mutually exclusive to their damage component. Throw your grenade and it does what it normally does but it has additional effects for friendly targets. This would increase the diversity of builds and incentivise players to use their grenades supportingly, knowing they won't entirely miss out on their offensive capabilities.

Solar: Creates the solar flare as normal but if you or your allies are hit by the initial impact you are granted full health and if you stand inside it you gain a regeneration effect like a normal rift (except slower).

Fusion (give me a reason to run these things): Does normal fusion stuff but… If an ally hit by explosion it grants them full health. If an ally is stuck, when it detonates it grants them full health and an over-shield (same effect as current charged grenades). This allows for aggressive coordinated play and circumvents the problem of not being able to heal allies from range(fusions have tracking). Can also pre-emptively stick a ally while they dive in so when the detonation goes off they gain health and an over-shield. And similar to Telesto they can take the grenade to your enemies. Shoutout to CammyCakes.

Firebolt: In addition to the enemy seekers this grenade gains two friendly seekers. (two white beams of light shoot out) They heal friendly team mates for the same as they damage enemies currently. This would be awesome in a brawl and be decent for mass healing, for example: multiple friendlies on a capture point. Can also throw pre-emptively and also circumvents the difficulty of healing during a gunfight.

I feel if you still get the effect of the original grenade, people will be more willing to sacrifice their grenade charges to heal their allies. Currently I can't see people sacrificing their grenades for their allies (in PvP) when chances are the ally will die before being healed. It also adds a nice flare to each of the different grenades. This would greatly increase grenade diversity and strategies.

This system also increases potential design space. Sunbracers for example grant you 8 second mini rifts and if you manage to get a kill with your melee you can chuck 5 heal/damage nades! (More on the melee later)

I love exotics that have multiple functions, the Ram for example could be used to either enhance your Energy Drain build or create the infamous ramlock armour build. These changes to the grenades likewise increase the functionality of many current exotics and increase the amount potential builds and exotic design in the future. I'm getting giddy just thinking about the possibilities.

However I think the melee could also use a makeover. Currently it gives a 20% damage boost to weapon damage for you an nearby allies. What if it worked similarly to how the healing grenades work now? Say it read: Killing an enemy with the melee ability conjures a well of light that heals you and your allies. Holding the melee button conjures this well of light in front of you. This well of light could maintain its current effect, further cementing the healing nature of the class or perhaps grant this damage boost to those that stand in it and persists after they move. Currently the ability is far to fiddly and brief to make use of, especially for PvP. I'm imagining an animation similar to Mercy's ressurection animation in Overwatch, except your hand glows white like it does for the grenade overcharge. Or when you melee, holding the button keeps your hand in the outstretched position and it quivers and quakes, glowing white until the rift is summoned. This also opens up design space in the melee department. There could be an exotic that modifies the effect of this melee rift and now Claws of Ahamkhara are actually worth using.

Note: I understand these changes might be particularly difficult to implement in-game.

I not sure, this is just food for thought, but I liked the idea and thought I'd share it with you. Besides I haven't got to play with the class and I don't know how it will turn out. Please note all the details about the current subclass are up for change and likely won't be identical when Forsaken rolls around. Thanks for reading, I hoped you enjoyed or learnt something about the new upcoming attunement, I'm excited to play with it regardless of how it turns out. See you in Destiny guardians.

edit: Grammar and note about these details being subject to change.

submitted by /u/slimeyhipo
[link] [comments]

Bungie just posted this on Facebook for Father's Day

Posted: 17 Jun 2018 02:09 PM PDT

Why the final encounter of Spire of Stars is uniquely unforgiving in terms of mechanics compared to other raids

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:12 PM PDT

tl;dr: Val has a staggering 5 potential doomed situations based on mechanic in every single damage cycle. Previous raid bosses had a maximum of 2 doomed situations per damage cycle based on mechanics (non-DPS-related, non-death-related).

I want to preface this with the note that Bungie has a strange habit of having an idea and then doing the opposite as an 'improvement'. In the case of raiding, this is an important distinction because of how differently Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 approached players dying in Normal mode.

Normal mode Destiny 1 raids dealt with deaths like this: someone died, you had to wait 30 seconds to res them, you res'ed them, and you went on with the raid. Normal mode was beyond forgiving in terms of death. In Destiny 2 normal mode raids, the opposite is true: rather than wait 30 seconds for a res, you must res within 30 seconds or it is a team wipe. The second layer onto Destiny 2 raids is that you only have your 6 res tokens on Normal, so the seventh death is a team wipe. In addition, in things like Calus where Throne room and Shadow are split up, the fact that your players with res tokens may not be available to grant the res adds additional wipes.

In this way, thoughtfully look back on the number of times, as a raider in Destiny 2, a raid team has wiped because of Shared Fate. The reason I need to point this out is because beyond any wipe-mechanic that D2 bosses have, there is also a double layer of "It's an unrecoverable situation, and thus a wipe" via the token system and via the 30 seconds before Shared Fate.

The following chart is the evidence that defends my opinion of why Spire of Stars is uniquely difficult compared to previous raids, and why less people are playing it. Normal mode raids in Destiny 2 are significantly more unforgiving for a struggling team than in Destiny 1 just based on death-mechanics alone, and in addition, Spire of Stars has the longest set of mechanics that need to be completed correctly or near perfectly.

This chart counts the number of times a raid group's fate is sealed into a team wipe on the boss. This chart also only counts the number of times PER CYCLE (plus final stand, if applicable) that this can go wrong. I will not pretend that this is a perfect list, but I did my best to be as exhaustive as I could. You will notice that in Y1's reasons, I have included times when a self-res Warlock can avoid mechanics, because that would depend on a self-res Warlock having a super ready just at that moment (two examples: if a self-res Warlock was one was the 3 alive before Atheon teleports, they may jump off the edge to avoid teleport and then res to continue the fight outside; or in WoTM, a self res Warlock could finish solo by jumping off the edge to remove the charge lock-out).

Raid Boss Number of Doomed Situations List
Atheon 3 (1) oracles stay up on inside while players are inside; (2) all die on outside, (3) only 3 players remain alive before Atheon teleports them
Crota 2 (1) after a death, the Oversoul does not get shot in time; (2) enrage timer (infinite Oversouls)
Oryx 5 (1) runner doesn't get the relic; (2) Oryx does not get stunned after runner-cycle (DPS); (3) Oryx does not get stunned in final stand (DPS); (4) enrage timer (infinite bombardment), (5) less than 4 players are alive to complete a full runner-cycle
Aksis 3 (1) DPS too low and all plates are used up and Aksis calls Siva density; (2) Aksis does not die in final stand (DPS); (3) less than 2 players are alive to complete mechanics
AoT: Atheon 3 (1) oracles stay up on inside at all; (2) all die on outside; (3) only 3 players remain alive before Atheon teleports them
AoT: Crota 2 (1) Oversouls not shot down after a damage phase; (2) enrage timer (infinite Oversouls)
Calus 7 (1) Psion projections not shot down in time; (2) miss a correct Psion punch in time, no barrier, Psion projections not shot down; (3) Calus's shield not taken down in time (DPS); (4) fail final stand (DPS); (5) someone dies at any time when there is no token available in Throne room; (6) no tokens remain to res; (7) can't get to a safe res fast enough despite having a token ready
Argos 4 (1) Argos not stunned when void levels rise; (2) DPS too low and no stuns remain, (3) no tokens remain to res; (4) can't get to a safe res fast enough despite having a token ready
Val Ca'our 9 (1) take too long to throw bombs at the doors to arm; (2) take too long to throw bombs at the ship; (3) miss a single thrown bomb at robot Calus; (4) take too long to engulf the first or second bomb, so third bomb cannot be thrown in time at Calus; (5) any of the 3 bombs for Calus despawn before getting picked up; (6) DPS too low after 3 rounds (no ships remain); (7) DPS too low on final stand [includes not getting enough bombs in time]; (8) no tokens remain to res; (9) can't get to a safe res fast enough despite having a token ready

The numbers are there: D1 normal mode raids simply had less doomed situations.

Calus is close to approaching the number of hopeless situations that Val has, but there is a difference. Calus has only 2 doomed situations based on actual fight mechanics: don't shoot the projection fast enough and don't punch the correct Psion in time to make the barrier. These two are actually wipes for the same reason: the projection, but the error can be caused in two different ways, so I have counted it differently. Besides that, the splitting of the team for res tokens is another situation that causes a wipe, but not actually based on failure to complete mechanics.

Meanwhile, Val has five times every single damage cycle where a series of errors decides that the attempt is over.

It's just, like, my opinion, man. But this is why I believe that LFG is more of a hot mess than ever and why so many more raiders are struggling to get a Spire of Stars completion.

If you want to raid.report me and call me scrub, I'll save you the trouble. Here's D1 and D2. I've never had this amount of trouble helping friends or strangers in a raid.

EDIT: A super valid extra thought from /u/The_Rick_14 on why people aren't bothering: "I disagree that less people than normal are playing it because it's a significant amount more difficult than other raids. Far more people would make the effort and actually learn the encounter IF it felt properly rewarding compared to other activities in the game. But why would anyone play it when they can run Leviathan Prestige in less than 90 minutes and cruise through EoW in 30-40 minutes and end up with 14 powerful drops in 2 hours?"

submitted by /u/LucentBeam8MP
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.