Super Smash Bros - Truth or Dair!


Truth or Dair!

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 10:00 AM PST

Welcome (back) to Truth Or Dair!

The rules of Truth or Dair are simple. Comment Truth for a question of any type - relating to smash of course.

Comment Dair for a Smash challenge (Add 64, M, B, PM, 3DS, or 4 for game preferences). If you pick Dair, please try to provide some form of evidence. Yes you can do both!

Please stick around and post your own questions and challenges to the other participants!

Most importantly: Have fun!

submitted by /u/bigdog54
[link] [comments]

Daily Discussion Thread 02/22/18

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 11:09 PM PST

Welcome to the Daily Discussion Thread series on /r/smashbros! Inspired by /r/SSBM and /r/hiphopheads's DDTs, you can post here:

  • General questions about Smash

  • General discussion (tentatively allowing for some off-topic discussion)

  • "Light" content that might not have been allowed as its own post (please keep it about Smash)

Other guidelines:

  • Be good to one another.

  • While DDT can be lax, please abide by our general rules. No linking to illegal/pirated stuff, no flaming, game debates, etc.

  • Please keep your meme spam contained to the sticky comment provided below.

If you have any suggestions about future DDTs or anything else subreddit related, please send them our way! Thanks in advance!

Also, if you want to chat with other /r/smashbros users you can do so via our Discord channel.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

So I was listening to discover weekly this morning...

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 06:49 AM PST

Don't let the big 5 kill ucf.

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 07:31 PM PST

They said after genesis there would be some resolution. It had been a month and there has been no word or even a date set to discuss it. With the new version released today it is time to talk about ucf. Don't let it just fade away.

submitted by /u/PookFSK
[link] [comments]

Celebrating my 25th Melee cover and 1,000,000 views on YT. Here is "Pokemon Battle (Gold/Silver)"

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 04:00 PM PST

ESPN: Smash 4 has a problem — and it's Bayonetta

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:35 PM PST

UCF 0.73 is now available

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 07:47 PM PST

Average Character Tier Placement By Percentage

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 09:41 AM PST

Smash History's Top 100 Melee Players of All-Time: #71-80

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 01:59 PM PST

I finally received my smashbox (final build) in the mail today. Here are some pics.

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 06:52 PM PST

This is amazing

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 04:16 AM PST

Dabuz "Galactic Goddess" T-shirt Campaign

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 10:49 AM PST

Hi guys, so I posted this on Twitter a couple of days ago but not here. I'm running a custom designed t-shirt campaign in celebration of winning Frostbite! These directly help me fund myself going to events and surviving without a team so anything really helps!

I hope you guys don't mind self advertisement ( >.< ) Shirts are anything from $16-$22 depending on the quality, type, ect. and have a few different colors. The campaign ends of March 14th!

https://teespring.com/dabuz

submitted by /u/dabunz
[link] [comments]

The wierdest shield break I've ever seen.

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 07:12 AM PST

Full Bloom 4 Melee Commentary Lineup

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 11:05 AM PST

Olimar has the best counter in the game

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 08:08 PM PST

Analyzing Melee Top 8: Character Diversity, 4 Stocks, & More

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 10:22 AM PST

Top 10 r/SSBPM Plays of January 2018

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 11:53 AM PST

Melee is Balanced???????

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 05:17 PM PST

Just noticed, with the Spring Summit coming up, that the top 8 in Melee all have different mains. The eight characters correspond with the top 8 on the tier list, except with Pika and Ice climbers flipped. Obviously, most of the top 8 have other mains, but each player is known for a different character. Now, if we can only get Chudat and big-brained Duck Hugs86 in the top 10, we will be 10/10

 

tldr; it is, somewhat

submitted by /u/Dr_greyandpippin
[link] [comments]

GRTr4sh - like. (An Ode to Anti part 2)

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 06:27 AM PST

Gonna enter my first local Sm4sh tournament

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 05:11 PM PST

Hey fellow sm4shers, just signed up for my first local tourney and I have a hard decision to make that I'm sure a lot of you could help me out with- who should I pick, and how should I go about practicing?

I don't really have a main, but I find myself rotating between the following: pikachu, yoshi, ganondorf, mario, game & watch, jiggly, ROB, Falco, and villager. I enjoy ganon the most because I find him rewarding, but the people I play with say they have the hardest time fighting my mario and yoshi. How do I decide? How do you guys decide? I wanna pick ganondorf, but I also don't wanna get bodied because I pick a really low tier. I can cope with loss just fine, but I really don't wanna get eliminated my first round just bc I get out tiered.

Secondly, how should I go about training? I have people to play with around my skill level, but I'd like to get the most out of it, so what "regiments" would you guys recommend, and what matchups would you recommend practicing?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you guys have, I'm really excited

submitted by /u/trunks111
[link] [comments]

The past few months of Bowser practice has been paying off!

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 08:31 AM PST

Most under used move?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 07:03 PM PST

what moves do you guys think are under used and have hidden potential? I think marth's up B isn't used as much as is it should as a kill move.

submitted by /u/pippatke
[link] [comments]

Has Hungrybox surpassed Mew2King on the All-time rankings?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:19 PM PST

Is Mew2king's dominance from way back enough to keep him above Hungrybox in terms of All-time rank?

submitted by /u/jiracha
[link] [comments]

Going from Smash 4 to Melee?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:42 AM PST

Hi all,

So, my university has a Smash Bros club that plays Melee regularly, but almost exclusively. I've always been an out-with-the-old type of person so I played Melee a little bit back in the day, but when PM came out I played that almost exclusively, and switched to Smash 4 when that one came out.

I tried playing Melee a little bit with my roommate the other day, and wow, I forgot how much less... punishable? they've made it in the later games. I enjoy playing Sheik and Diddy (though not as much post nerf) in 4, but I've almost come to incorporate the risk of getting punished as a result of something into playing if that makes sense. Or maybe phrased differently, in Smash 4 my goal is "take less damage than him because I know I have at least until 110% before I need to be more careful" but in Melee it's more like "don't get hit you sorry son of a bitch"

I guess what I'm asking is if you guys have any advice on how to switch my mindset and play-style from the campy sort of thing that I've been playing a lot for the past few years to the more high-stakes ones of Melee. Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/nlofe
[link] [comments]

Melee Font Guide

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 09:34 PM PST

https://twitter.com/SMKssbm/status/966123362144591875

SMKssbm did a very good job at reproducing the SSBM title font.

Use "itc galliard std ultra" found at: https://www.fontsmarket.com/font-download/itc-galliard-std-ultra with narrower spacing. I haven't found a universal amount yet. Add gradient from Black to Dark Red, White outline and shadow. Or Blue to white with black outline.

"Melee" or the subscript is "Impact" at 200% Dark blue to lavender gradient.

I hope everyone enjoys. I've always wanted to reproduce the font but the only project I'd seen was left half completed on a smashboards thread.

submitted by /u/meleebro
[link] [comments]

Where did the term melee God come from?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 10:04 AM PST

Who originated the term and when..?

submitted by /u/minecraftmlg672
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.