Super Smash Bros - Daily Discussion Thread 02/21/18


Daily Discussion Thread 02/21/18

Posted: 20 Feb 2018 11:09 PM PST

Welcome to the Daily Discussion Thread series on /r/smashbros! Inspired by /r/SSBM and /r/hiphopheads's DDTs, you can post here:

  • General questions about Smash

  • General discussion (tentatively allowing for some off-topic discussion)

  • "Light" content that might not have been allowed as its own post (please keep it about Smash)

Other guidelines:

  • Be good to one another.

  • While DDT can be lax, please abide by our general rules. No linking to illegal/pirated stuff, no flaming, game debates, etc.

  • Please keep your meme spam contained to the sticky comment provided below.

If you have any suggestions about future DDTs or anything else subreddit related, please send them our way! Thanks in advance!

Also, if you want to chat with other /r/smashbros users you can do so via our Discord channel.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Really sick melee Bowser edgeguards

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 11:44 AM PST

The top 2 non-invited finishers at Full Bloom 4 will receive Smash Summit 6 wildcard slots.

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 12:08 PM PST

GOML 2018 has a full day scheduled for friendlies & crew battles

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 08:54 AM PST

https://twitter.com/GOML_Smash/status/966053852200910848

GOML is hands down one of the best major tournament experiences. Giant venue full of setups with an entire day to play & meet new people, and of course the Canadian crowd is SICK

Definitely recommend checking it out!

https://smash.gg/GOML2018

submitted by /u/nicolabcy
[link] [comments]

The Best Player of Each Character Season 2 - Part 1 - Super Smash Bros. For Wii. U - TSM ZeRo

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 02:54 PM PST

Smash Summit 6 pseudo-announcement

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 03:04 PM PST

How do I improve without my local scene?

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 05:14 PM PST

Hey everyone! First of all I am using a throw away account because I really don't want to put my scene on blast, But anyways I am wondering the best way to improve without my local scene? So to give some background I am a pretty new player, I have been playing since the game came out, but I haven't really taken Melee seriously until the last 6 months. I have a few friends that play, but no one really top skill level with the people in my state's scene (although it is pretty small). The reason I don't go to my locals anymore (I have been to 4) is because the last few times the TO's and top players have been pretty rude. The higher level players won't play friendlies with you and when they do play you in bracket they will only use secondaries and just cheese. At my last local my girlfriend entered even though she doesn't play smash so I would be the worst player there, however both matches she played where on stream, she didn't know she could say she didn't want to be on stream, and they just styled the whole time and the last guy even popped off when he got 4 CF stomps on FD. I even went back to watch the VOD on twitch and the commentators where just making fun of her the whole time. Anyways, I have tried netplay, I couldn't seem to get it to work for me (my controller would go to the bottom left corner of the screen and not move whenever I entered a match), but I am going to try this weekend and see what I can figure out. Plus I am not sure if lag will be a big issue, I have 50mbps down and 10mbps up if that helps. Also I am a Falco main. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/FDssbm
[link] [comments]

The Story of the Swanton Bomb [GameTyrant]

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 09:23 AM PST

[CLG Comic] Ban Bayo?!

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 12:37 PM PST

Armada's analysis on Shroomed vs The Moon @ Royal Flush

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 01:37 PM PST

King of the Springs 3 - Wii U Singles Top 32 Seeding

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 12:03 PM PST

1: Dabuz (Rosa) (Olimar)

2: P1 | Tweek (Cloud) (Bayo) (DK)

3: WaDi (Mewtwo)

4: Cosmos (Corrin)

5: Samsora (Peach)

6: YP | Fatality (Falcon)

7: ERG | Lima (Bayo)

8: GGEA | Karna (Sheik) (Cloud)

9: sinnyboo242 (Sheik)

10: MJG (Villager)

11: Phenom (Fox)

12: Chuck Nasty (Charizard)

13: FX | Dakpo (Diddy) (Luigi)

14: C.Falcon (Rosa)

15: PIG | Zurge (Mega Man)

16: S2W | Muse (Toon Link)

17: Makibaz (Bowser) several other characters

18: Gyo (Marth) several other characters

19: NWA | Danbi (Yoshi)

20: SM | RJ (DK)

21: P2P With Gibus (Greninja)

22: Doctor B (Falcon)

23: Pipp (DK) (Mega Man) (MK)

24: RIP | Zie (Sheik) (Cloud)

25: TKO | Revan (Mewtwo)

26: Hoodlife (Little Mac) (Bowser Jr.)

27: ICE | ShinyShoko (Diddy)

28: Drystan (Bayo)

29: DTR | Kasei (Cloud)

30: PC | Guagita (Peach)

31: Scruff (Sheik) (Mii Brawler)

32: LilPac (Little Mac)

submitted by /u/Pyrossb
[link] [comments]

Nairo gets swagged on by the Falcon Brigade

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 02:01 PM PST

What characters would you like to see re-worked (not re-balanced) in a Smash 4 port?

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 02:11 PM PST

Rather than asking which characters need to be nerfed or buffed, or which characters you simply dislike, I'm curious which characters you would like to see function differently, and how.

For example, if you hate the way Sonic and Rosalina play the game, how would you alter their movesets, stats, or frame data to make them more fun to play against (without simply nerfing them into the ground)?

This is a pretty subjective question, so there are no right or wrong answers. I recognize it is hard to divorce completely from buff/nerf requests, since balance changes can be very much a valid way to alter a character's play style. With chatter starting up again about the possibility of a Switch port though, I think it's interesting to consider which characters are not simply over-tuned or under-tuned, but which could benefit from a design rehaul to be more satisfying both to play as and play against.

submitted by /u/SankharaDukkha
[link] [comments]

WATCH THE SICKEST WA LOCAL OF ALL TIME: feat. Bladewize, KaMaster, Iceman, Vish, and a bunch of other Washington legends!

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 06:45 PM PST

Twitch.tv/pixelholicsgaming

submitted by /u/Heemoglobin
[link] [comments]

Fuzzyness is doing a Speedrun at Esamarathon

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 07:32 AM PST

Could Smash Bros. finally be arriving on Nintendo Switch this year?!

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 09:22 AM PST

Tempo Storm S2J - Genesis 5 Highlights [SSBM]

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 02:15 PM PST

Tafo Talks: Climbing Mount Olympus (Titans + Upcoming Stars)

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 09:36 AM PST

How do you reverse Doraki jump?

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 05:27 PM PST

I'm talking about wall jump from the ledge onto the stage. I've done it by accident with Mario and fox after doing some side b move towards the ledge but can't find any comprehensive threads or data on it. I can only find the normal Doraki jump, which is just wall jump on the ledge away from the stage.

submitted by /u/iidxdistorteD
[link] [comments]

What’s up with SSBM Tutorials?

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 02:31 PM PST

Basically the title. They haven't posted a video in two months so I was wondering if something happened. I know they said they'd release the tier list video at the end of January but I'm not too worried about. Just itching for some content.

submitted by /u/DumbStupidFatGuy
[link] [comments]

Here it is : The Super Smash Bros. Sorter !

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 09:20 AM PST

Have fun ! : https://remews.tumblr.com/smashbros-sorter

After seeing the Fire Emblem Sorter (http://fesorter.tumblr.com/), I decided to make a similar version, but with Smash Bros characters ! It could be used as a regular sorter, or perhaps a way to produce a tier list, or for a CPU tournament, who knows ? Currently, this version only supports the main Smash games but if it gets popular enough I'll add the others. Feel free to report any bugs you encounter, or any suggestions for an improvement.

submitted by /u/Remews
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.