Hearthstone - Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion


Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 04:11 PM PST

Hello members of the /r/hearthstone community,

This is part of a series of weekly threads aimed at both new and old players from the community. It is designed so that everybody may ask any and all questions regarding the game's mechanics, decks, strategies and more.

Please keep it clean and try to add more than just a one or two word response. As the goal of this post is to increase the community's knowledge, the thought process matters as much as the answer! There is also a Theorycrafting Thursday weekly post, for those who wish to discuss some of the more intricate aspects of the game.

Sticky Threads and Guides - Great resources for new players!

Note: I am a bot. Questions or feedback regarding this thread? Message the moderators.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Dirty rat's life crisis.

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 03:35 AM PST

Making cubelocks wait 25 minutes to lose is how I sustain my putrid form.

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 01:48 AM PST

Alleycats, I will miss you guys most of all.

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 05:03 AM PST

It's gonna be tough to play Hunter in standard without turn 1 kitties. Thought I' missed Webspinner but Cute Cat and Not as Cute Cat will be missed when the rotation hits. A noticeable amount of hunter's early game was tied into Cats into Beast Synergy. Buffing the surviving cat to avenge the lost one in order to get top deck karma is special.

The anxiety of going vs Priest and risking Potion of Madness was special.

Let's hope for a new Hunter one drop beast even 50% as special in 2018.

Maybe we get a dog. Or a monkey.

submitted by /u/nixalo
[link] [comments]

My first golden legendary.

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 04:03 AM PST

I think he forgot something

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 04:57 PM PST

"No Minions Hunter?" Nice, a Free Dirty Rat!

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 09:28 PM PST

When you are about to go full yugioh

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 06:58 AM PST

Welcome back Lynessa

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 02:59 AM PST

From one of my recent games: The Immortal Champion

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 10:04 PM PST

I just noticed something. I need an answer to my question.

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 02:06 AM PST

In light of the recent Patches drawings, I decided to give it a go myself

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 03:52 AM PST

Like an expansion late but whatever'z: lich King vs army of fish boi's

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 04:43 PM PST

Control warrior mirror? Have I gone back in time?

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 04:34 AM PST

Reliability of classes during last 3 years of Hearthstone

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 08:45 AM PST

In case anyone else is curious, I was trying to determine how reliable for laddering a class is in the long term by looking through all of the previous Tempo Storm meta snapshots, beginning with the release of GvG. I picked Tempo Storm's snapshots over data reaper reports since they cover longer period of time and there isn't much of a difference concerning tier tables anyway.

I've counted every time a class didn't have a Tier 1 or 2 deck in a snapshot. The results are as follows:

Warrior - 6, Shaman - 19, Mage - 5, Hunter - 37, Warlock - 11, Paladin - 23, Druid - 6, Priest - 32, Rogue - 26

Which translates to this list, from the most to the least reliable class to consistently ladder with (gapes between rankings mark larger difference in reliability):


  1. Mage
  2. Druid
  3. Warrior


  4. Warlock


  5. Shaman

  6. Paladin

  7. Rogue


  8. Priest

  9. Hunter


Not sure if this means anything. It might indicate how good certain core sets are. Or it might have been just waste of time. It may be of use to people laddering on a budget, being able to afford to play with limited number of classes.

EDIT:

It should be noted that warrior is this high largely due to the old Fiery war axe. In a year, by this criteria, it will likely join warlock in "Tier 2", if not fall even further. Not sure if innervate nerf will have large effect on druid. Mage seems to be the safest bet, one class to rule them all.

submitted by /u/Nucleus_84
[link] [comments]

Hello it's Mr. Combo.

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 04:44 AM PST

Games with loot boxes could soon have a warning label that reads: "Warning: contains in-game purchases and gambling-like mechanisms which may be harmful or addictive." in Hawaii

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 06:26 PM PST

Insane Turn 1 from my opponent!

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 10:42 AM PST

While you guys were talking about Khadgar's return, Nemsy Necrofizzle is still not obtainable here in China

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 11:41 PM PST

Blizzard's partner in China (NetEase) are so inefficient, and there is no such a place in China like Reddit, so Chinese players' discontent can't be known by Blizzard. How could it take so long to make a hero available? Sorry for my complaint and bad English but I really love warlock and this loli hero.

submitted by /u/nastyi
[link] [comments]

Got 12 mana on turn 9 the other day...

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 12:08 AM PST

It took me a whole day of playing but I'm happy I got him now

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 04:38 PM PST

When the going gets tough...

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 12:51 PM PST

I might be losing, but at least i have 3 boots.

Posted: 13 Feb 2018 05:43 AM PST

Very weird animation played during my third Yogg-Saron of this arena game. My board came back! I get a 3/3!...Oh.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 12:34 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.