Guild Wars 2 - Upcoming balance patch - PvP/WvW Skill Split Release


Upcoming balance patch - PvP/WvW Skill Split Release

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 01:43 PM PST

So, my sister drew my necro based on char selection screen. She doesn't play gw.

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:21 PM PST

A few ideas for Essences of Luck sinks

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 10:34 AM PST

Once you get past 300 essence-based account MF, Luck becomes nearly useless. You can use a few here and there, some in guild hall upgrades (one-time), and some in guild hall lanterns (also a very limited use). Many players caped the 300 years ago now. Meanwhile most festivals come with showers of Luck, especially Lunar NY, on top of all the luck we get all year long from playing the game. Btw, there is no way at all to spend legendary ones.

It would be nice to have a few actual sinks !

On top of being nice for their own purpose, those sinks could probably also sustain ecto prices which is something anet wants afaik.

Some ideas :

  • Most obvious one : raise the account Luck-MF cap (up to 500 or even more). In the same time, add a global MF cap so that players can't suddenly use insane MF buff stacks beyond what is already possible. This global cap would probably be 1000.
  • Add recipes for existing items, especially some that may be considered too expensive atm, giving a cheaper option (and mechanically lowering the price of normal recipe) for ppl who drawn in Luck. For example (you don't have to agree on the examples!) +9+5 infusions (if it requires a full stack of exotic essences in place of the matrices I guess it's ok)
  • Exchange for other currencies (examples - 1:1 relics, 10:1 transmutation, 50:1 laurels, whatever)
  • Give a full stack of exotic (or 100 legendary) essences to Luck master npc ... he notices that you're so lucky, other NPCs forgot that you already did XYZ that day (choice : crafting ascended materials, giving rare weapons to pact npcs, completing aventures, whatever).

Those are only my ideas, yours are welcome. AndAWordFromAnetWouldBeEvenMoreWelcome

submitted by /u/Keorl
[link] [comments]

Guild wars 2 commission!

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 07:34 PM PST

So now that Lunar New Year's over, can we get an answer for why Drooburt wanted the steamed red dumplings instead of essences of luck?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 10:17 AM PST

Title. For Halloween and Wintersday Drooburt wants to be fed candy corn and snowflakes, respectively, both of which are the lowest tier of currency for the festival. But for some reason ANet went with steamed red dumplings which are obviously FAR more rare of a drop, which meant that Drooburt likely starved. Mainly curious if we can get any info on why this was done instead of having him eat a particular tier of essence of luck or such.

submitted by /u/KamuiHyuga
[link] [comments]

Someone re-hosted snowcrows on github

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 06:35 PM PST

The Commander Is Good With The Kids

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 12:41 AM PST

You complete me. <3

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 12:32 AM PST

[Request] Add a dodging tutorial to the Silverwastes

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 06:22 PM PST

Even though the common advice for new players is to level a character from scratch to get used to mechanics, I'm pretty sure a lot of new players go straight into Heart of Thorns or Path of Fire with their freshly boosted character.

Adding a dodging tutorial to the first map they enter when using their level 80 boost will ensure that more new players understand how dodging works. There are dodging tutorials in the level 1-15 maps, but those could easily be missed by an eager player excited to boost to max level.

submitted by /u/man_0fbass
[link] [comments]

Edge of Destiny and my confusion on what stilettos Caithe used for weapons

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 01:47 AM PST

Back in high school I read this book and Caithe was described as using stiletto daggers as her weapons. Except these weren't daggers in the traditional sense in my mind, they were the high heeled shoes. So in my mind Caithe was going around doing all sorts of cool acrobatic moves and jumping on people's shoulders to stab and cut them. I always thought this was a weird combat style and probably midway through the book I looked up the weapons and saw they were daggers and facepalmed pretty hard. Though I continued to imagine her killing people with feet knives as that was way more interesting to me.

submitted by /u/healu
[link] [comments]

What are some of the best GW2 Youtube channels/videos?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 10:41 AM PST

I've been trying to find some Youtube videos to watch other than the obvious ones in regards to GW2. I quite enjoy Wooden Potatoes, Noxxi, and Sharm. But what are some lesser known but gold ones that aren't just Let's Plays.

I'd also love some lore or game theory channels because I adore game lore. (I'm subbed to so many TES: Skyrim channels...)

Also, latest video that amused me: https://youtu.be/l1m3sPUtBIg

submitted by /u/taisynn
[link] [comments]

[GW2] Bootts' Bad Builds - Flame ON! (Weaver)

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:47 AM PST

Anyone else have a bug with harvesting homegrown butternut squash?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 06:30 PM PST

I'm growing two nodes of butternut squash on one of my garden plots in my home instance. Whenever I go to harvest them, I either get squash from one of the nodes or nothing from either. I use the Unbound Magic gathering tools, but I've also tried other tools and have had no luck using those as well.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience and, if so, have found a solution. I already filed a bug report.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/bamserandthebeat
[link] [comments]

Theory on why Steamed Red Dumplings were picked for Droobutt instead of Delicious Rice Balls

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 10:48 PM PST

So, my friend and I were having a conversation about whether Delicious Rice Ball prices will rise or not. And I noticed that its price spiked for no reason before Lunar New Year event, then fell all the way.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/68634

So we thought it could be possible that Droobutt was supposed to eat Delicious Rice Balls instead, but Anet switched it to Steamed Red Dumplings at the last minute because someone was insider trading.

submitted by /u/xiiliea
[link] [comments]

On the culinary applications of bloodstone dust

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 12:39 AM PST

Snow Crows Patreon

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 05:02 AM PST

Many people probably won't know this because they are not on the snow crows public discord channel. Snow Crows started recently a Patreon to support their server. Link below:

https://www.patreon.com/snowcrows

As you may have noticed, last Tuesday (and partly Wednesday) the website of Snow Crows was down because of DDOS attacks. Partly because of their shitty host, they had to upgrade servers meaning they even have to spend more. I think it is incredible work what they do for their community, and some of us (who of course, are able to!) could make their work easier by releaving them from server costs.

They do work for as, as volunteers. We should never take that for granted.

Sidenotes: 1. I post this on own initiative, I am not part of Snow Crows. 2. Yes, I did not post this for other people to commit so I would not actually have to do it myself. I became a patreon myself.

submitted by /u/jordi92723
[link] [comments]

Any tips for a beginner?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 05:29 PM PST

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/daleparry96
[link] [comments]

I just realized charr are fond of mesmers.

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 09:13 AM PST

Looking back at the personal story stuff, I've noticed a lot of charr mesmers. If you're blood legion, the supposed necromancer you recruit is actually a mesmer. I think one of the characters in the ash legion story is also a mesmer. One of your possible dad options is a mesmer. In the pact hq defense the one who tricked you all is a risen charr. Outside of Kasmeer I don't think npc mesmers were pretty frequent besides the mobs.

I guess illusion magic is a bit more acceptable.

submitted by /u/PantherCaroso
[link] [comments]

Guardian Open World Build request

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 10:40 AM PST

Hey friends, can someone give me a link for a Open World Build for the guardian, firebrand or dragonhunter idk which one is better in open world, i have ask for a build in other post but they give me a build for raids and i cant adapt it for open world since im new with the guardian :( maybe some pro guardian can probide me a good build for open world and if is possible to tell me which spec is better for open world firebrand or dragonhunter, thanks alot and sorry for bother so much

submitted by /u/Fruitlegend
[link] [comments]

Help! name ideas

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 03:57 PM PST

Making a new sylvari mesmer (got a little burnt out on my big goofy norn mesmer "Willis Snow".. HODOR!) Can only run around yelling hold the door so many times LOL.

I really want to make a sylvari mesmer that looks awesome, and whose name is awesome to match.

Fresh out of ideas though!

Help!

submitted by /u/Tuktz_Nulo
[link] [comments]

Anyone know where to get this stats? most of the giver stat that i check is toughnes concentration, not expertise..is something wrong with the wikia?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 03:26 PM PST

Next holiday?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:57 PM PST

What is the next in game holiday or festival?

submitted by /u/Voodoohigh
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.