Civilization - Poland 'annexed' the water surrounding my only harbor...


Poland 'annexed' the water surrounding my only harbor...

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 05:36 AM PST

The elephant civ with elephant resources on the elephant-shaped continent

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 02:39 PM PST

You know what I really miss about spying? I miss the ability to tell one civ (say, England) about another civ (say, Korea) planning to attack, in return for a diplomatic bonus.

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 03:52 PM PST

I know we're 20 tiles apart, Vicky, but that doesn't mean we can't be together...

submitted by /u/AngeloMaggio
[link] [comments]

This Mount Everest intersects three different continents.

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 10:18 AM PST

Civ 6 in one image

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 07:59 AM PST

Ah yes,making the harbour on the lake instead of on the sea,true genius

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 10:44 AM PST

seems legit

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 11:16 AM PST

It's been a really great Golden Age. The bad news is that the next age will probably suck. The good news is I won't be around to see it.

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 10:40 AM PST

I am very happy with this win. Turn 140, Deity, Domination, Standard map!

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 05:35 AM PST

What's the longest you've gone without meeting another civilization?

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 05:42 PM PST

Playing on iOS, inland sea, king, standard size. There are a standard 8 civs on this map.

I'm on turn 180, explored a decent amount of the map, and found zero other civs. I'm Suzerain of 5 cities, still nothing.

I don't think I've ever gone this long without running into someone else, and no one has been eliminated yet. It's weird.

submitted by /u/alcimedes
[link] [comments]

The city of whales

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 05:50 AM PST

Made a map of my Singleplayer Rome game, one of the more interesting games I've had.

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 03:18 PM PST

Finally got myself a 14 yield tile

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 03:54 PM PST

Audience Chambers need...something

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 04:53 PM PST

So...audience chambers. It's the government plaza building that gives +4 housing and +1 amenities to cities with governors, and -2 loyalty to cities without governors. At first glance, it seems clear that it's trying to encourage tall gameplay. Unfortunately, my experience with it seems to fall flat on this from every angle.

First off, the bonus. +4 housing seems rather overkill, while +1 amenity is way too little. If I'm playing tall, I'm always going to settle in prime locations, which includes access to fresh water. I'm also going to build an aqueduct sooner or later. With audience chamber, I have all these cities that are sitting at ~8-10 population, 12-16 housing capacity, and -2 amenities. All this housing does nothing for me because there's way too little amenities to go around.

On top of that, -2 loyalty is nowhere near enough to discourage going wide. I find myself going wide anyways, even past 8 cities where I'll have cities that don't have governors in them. If I'm gonna go wide either way, then Ancestral Hall is simply better.

The only time I felt Audience Chambers was fully functioning was when I managed to get both Temple of Artemis and Colosseum to cover for the shortage in Amenities. Even then, I was STILL left wondering if Ancestral Hall would have been better since I went wide anyways.

So yea...Audience Chambers needs both stronger bonuses for governors and bigger penalties for not having governors. I'm not sure what these could be, but it needs to be something.

submitted by /u/RNorth2
[link] [comments]

The scoutpocalypse

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 05:02 PM PST

Somehow, I’m both at war with and friends with Rome.

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 07:16 AM PST

Civ IV is available on steam. People who’ve played it, would you recommend? (I’ve played a lot of Civ V)

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 07:44 PM PST

Tell me about the silly situations and hijinks happening in your games

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 08:16 AM PST

I'll start us off.

  • I was quite far ahead of my neighbor in technology and had started to make resort colonies for my people to take some time off, when I become the target of a declaration of war. I look over to my new colonies and see them being pillaged by knights. Yes, knights. The image I have in my head of people throwing their selfie sticks away to avoid getting gored by a lance is nothing short of hilarious - please make this a movie

  • After running out of Great Writing slots, I declared war on my neighbor to get more space. My soldiers engaged the enemy being followed by hordes of great writers, eager to capture their brilliant thoughts on paper as soon as they had somewhere to put it. The idea of a war being fought over library space is hilarious to me.

submitted by /u/DMale
[link] [comments]

Prebuilding units - too good?

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 06:15 PM PST

One of the weird things about Civ VI is that building an army early on is much, much more preferable to actually building them in any era. Not only does this reward early warfare (which is fine by me) it also punishes uniques that can't be upgraded into.

Here are the two main issues that make prebuilding very powerful:

  • unit cost scaling

Ancient era units cost around 40-60 cogs per unit. A city with say 6 production would be able ro pump them out within 10 turns, and if you had a card like Agoge or Maneuver this would get lowered to 6 turns. The bottom line is that unit cost scales much faster than city production does; while your core cities can still pump out units at a good rate this is because they have the infrastructure to do so. IMO ideally your frontline cities should be the ones focusing on unit production while core cities pump out culture or science.

  • unit upgrade costs are too cheap

It's much more affordable to upgrade an existing unit over upgrading it, or for that matter building a semi-obsolete unit (e.g. a Warrior when you only have 1 copy of Iron) then upgrading it.

It's pretty surreal that your most prestigious tank brigades started out their careers as chariot drivers then switched to horseback then to internal combustion engines.

submitted by /u/rattatatouille
[link] [comments]

The r/Civ Battle Royale Mk2.1, Part 107: Trail of Tears

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 04:00 PM PST

Too many stones I don't know where to Settle!

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 03:00 AM PST

Why are there cassus belli but no defined war-goals to justify them upon declaration?

Posted: 27 Feb 2018 05:37 PM PST

"No one starts a war - or rather, no one in his senses ought to do so - without first being clear in his mind what he intends to achieve by that war and how he intends to conduct it." –Karl von Clausewitz

I just realized something really obnoxious about war declaration in Civ6: unlike in Paradox games like CK2 or EU4, wars, even the "formal" wars never have a defined war goal to let you know why war was declared.

As a human player, you probably know what you intend to do after declaring war (or being declared on), but when the "friendly" AI agrees to a joint war declaration, there's no visible indication of what they intend to accomplish by doing so. And then I think of that quote Sean Bean says when you research Military Science, and it highlights how half-assed the cassus belli implementation is compared to Paradox games.

submitted by /u/Geodynamis
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.