RimWorld Typical Tuesday Suggestion Thread -- January 23, 2018


Typical Tuesday Suggestion Thread -- January 23, 2018

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 12:13 AM PST

Please use this thread as a week-to-week suggestions box for Tynan, the /r/RimWorld mods, and game modders. Post whatever you feel would improve your RimWorld experience, but keep it civil! Before you post, please take a glance at the release notes and see if what you're suggesting has already been implemented. I am a bot, so I can't make jokes. If you'd like a Typical Tuesday joke, or if there are any problems with this post, please message the moderators of the subreddit.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

I convinced my roommate to buy the game this weekend. He has less than 10 hours in and sent a picture of a random tamed thrumbo. I have over 150 hours played and have never had this happen. Lucky dude

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 12:45 PM PST

While We're Still Breathing (RimWorld Comics)

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 06:41 AM PST

So on ask Reddit there's a thread about morally corrupt thing people have done in games...

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 04:51 PM PST

They don't even know what we on the Rim do on an hourly basis... and that both excites and horrifies me

Link

submitted by /u/Iroh_Koza
[link] [comments]

Just a simple peaceful tea production colony, nothing else goes on here.

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 12:55 AM PST

Professional AI pathfinding. Caught this just in time.

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 05:35 PM PST

Rimworld is not good for my sleep schedule.

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 07:50 PM PST

Going to migrate for the first time. I hope it goes well.

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 11:44 PM PST

I unwittingly captured an engaged couple.

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 09:26 AM PST

Houses and gardens

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 09:21 AM PST

... an actual decent caravan request? I didn't even know this item existed, but it apparantly instantaniously completes a research subject...

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 01:31 PM PST

What kind of love is that? BDSM?

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 09:51 AM PST

What do you wish you'd been told when you started?

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 04:52 PM PST

I only found out after about 250 hours that you could strip the handblades off scythers before killing them, and just straight up shut down centipedes instead of spending half a day wailing on them.

For those who don't know: Once a mechanoid is downed you can go into their health panel and perform operations the same way you can with an animal or human.

So, what do you folks wish you'd known about earlier in your playtime?

submitted by /u/SwashBlade
[link] [comments]

What are your favorite unknown mods?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 02:01 AM PST

Ones with very few mentions or replies on the workshop/forum that you personally think are great.

Feel free to post your own mods if you feel they belong

submitted by /u/DrLovesFurious
[link] [comments]

The day nature took revenge

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 11:26 PM PST

Being relatively new to this game, I was proud to finally achieve a colony half decently organized.
The three proud settlers of Hatsville formed a quick little community, had iron to spare, a decent crop field and some alpaca's frolicking on the premises. All was good.

 

Nature itself seemed to reward me for my progress by granting me loads of self-tamed animals. Hatsville found themselves being a pet richer almost every day. The biggest treat was about 7 Yorkshire Terriers walking in.
Suffice to say, Hatsville had a lot of beautiful hats.

 

When nature felt like giving me a challenge, they send me a manhunter whatever. Always one, but you know, I suppose that's nature's way of trying to tell Hatsville that they're mean to it.
Well, last night, nature one-upped itself. A group of manhunter Wargs entered the premises.
Vlad was the first to go, the proud warrior went down without much of a fight. Stabbed a single one of them before his limbs were scattered across the floor.
Bob and Bob Jr. guarded the door well, waiting for those monstrosities to break it down. I like to think that they spoke fondly of careless memories with missus Bob. I can only hope.

 

The Wargs ate well that night.

submitted by /u/Vilanu
[link] [comments]

It's a mystery why you get rejected often Duke...

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 12:27 AM PST

I'm obsessed!

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 05:38 PM PST

Got the game on Saturday, already sunk in about 35 hours. Was playing it today and looked at the time, almost 9 hours had passed.

Rimworld is amazing! There's so much in this game. I'm currently dealing with 3 of my colonists infested with muscle parasites. Another one decided to go on an Ambrosia binge and emptied my store of it. One of my colonists has a heart problem so could drop dead any minute.

submitted by /u/RogueDefector
[link] [comments]

Artists are so full of themselves

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 01:41 PM PST

Mutual murder

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 02:46 PM PST

Even out on the rim caravans are like buses, you wait ages for one then 3 turn up at once.

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 11:29 PM PST

Raid went from 2 to 7 people, lost my base (Rim Of Madness Rough)

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 08:51 PM PST

I am not sure what happened here but I was doing fine, everything was up and running. I had a small marble base, 4 colonist (1 was a vamp). I had not focused too much on defenses (oops) but I was not expecting such a large raid so fast! The raid before was 2 guys.

They attacked during the day and I did the best I could but my vampire used her abilities and then one of them turned into a werewolf and basically downed everybody, even with me focusing him. I was playing permadeath so this really sucked....

Raider strength is based on wealth right? Was it my marble blocks? Earlier on a slave trader group got attacked by Deep Young Ones near my base and it turns out they were all werewolves! They dropped all their gear when they changed to kill them. They dropped about 40 tribal clothing pieces which I planned to sell later but maybe that contributed to my wealth?

Am I suppose to expand more slowly or do I need to focus on a killbox earlier?

I don't know how much that would have even helped, that werewolf was tough.

submitted by /u/poopthugs
[link] [comments]

Roving bands of Yorkshire Terriers

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 10:21 AM PST

Roosters should have a high likelihood of attacking other roosters

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 09:46 AM PST

Maybe this could be a way of naturally keeping the population of chickens in check and keeping the game realistic. Apparently roosters are pretty territorial and will fight to the death over territory and their harem of hens.

submitted by /u/sadleafsfan
[link] [comments]

What could be better than bionic warriors riding abominations

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 05:49 PM PST

Combat extended

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 02:21 AM PST

Does anyone know of a combat extended like mod that is currently working with B18

submitted by /u/Thegentleman4
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.