League of Legends - Sources: Piglet joins Clutch Gaming's academy team


Sources: Piglet joins Clutch Gaming's academy team

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 07:15 AM PST

Shiphtur hits his team with the lil bamboozle

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 09:02 AM PST

SKT T1 LoL Special Match w/ Korean casters. Kkoma raging and Faker screaming is funny af.

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 04:49 AM PST

Just stumbled upon this vid at OGN Global channel in Youtube. Faker and the squad just laughing and fuck around doing dumb plays while Kkoma raging at his teammates was priceless. Thought this should receive more love. :D

Link (/w english sub) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB_yC5kA8Vo God I miss Marin and Bengi so much :c

submitted by /u/Megalomanip
[link] [comments]

Team Liquid LoL | Olleh x Doublelift - Feature

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 11:00 AM PST

Marin will take a break during the spiring season [Fomos KR]

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 03:29 AM PST

Updated list of NA LCS team subreddits and discords

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 11:38 AM PST

With the dust being all settled, i'd make this post to help people find subreddits and discords to discuss their favorite teams, especially since it can be annoying to try to find the community hubs for teams.

Cloud9: subreddit, discord, twitter

FlyQuest: subreddit, discord, twitter

Clutch Gaming: subreddit, discord, twitter

Golden Guardians, subreddit, discord, twitter

Counter Logic Gaming: subreddit, discord, twitter

Team SoloMid: subreddit, discord, twitter

OpTic Gaming: subreddit, discord, twitter (LoL specific)

Team Liquid: subreddit, discord, twitter (LoL specific)

Echo Fox: subreddit, discord, twitter

100 Thieves: subreddit, discord, twitter

submitted by /u/ThinkinTime
[link] [comments]

200IQ Aphro Bard Juke

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 02:22 AM PST

Ibai (Reddit's favourite spanish caster) is hosting a tournament tomorrow. All the money raise would go to a charity, come and watch some quality LoL (and memes)!

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 11:37 AM PST

Hi Reddit! I think don't need to introduce our beloved Ibai, you may know him for his extremely fast talking (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MtOtOvvOi8) or for being awesome at the All-Stars 2016.

After the success of the Tyler1 League Of Legends Invitational, Ibai has decided to team up with some spanish personalities to create his own tournament. The cast will be in Spanish, not in English, but even so Ibai's casting can hype anyone no matter the language you speak.

Here's the bracket for tomorrow: https://twitter.com/LVPibai/status/947921911400591362. All the teams have been announced in Ibai's twitter (https://twitter.com/LVPibai) and some of the videos are better than the ones the official orgs made. There's also a special "Old glories" team that will appear at an unknown moment (https://twitter.com/AraneaeLoL/status/947938975653777408).

All the money will go towards a charity, probably Juegaterapia (they are awesome, you can check them out here https://twitter.com/juegaterapia).

I hope some of you can give the stream some love, every donation counts for the good of the children and even being there is something really appreciated! The link to the tournment is this one (https://www.twitch.tv/ibaailvp) and it will start at 5PM UTC +1 (dunno the equivalencies, I can edit if necessary).

Tl;dr: Tomorrow 5PM UTC+1 Ibai will host his own Invitational to raise money for a charity, give him some love!

PD: Mandatory non-native speaker, sorry for any mistakes. Also, I haven't really used reddit post editor, sorry for formatting!

submitted by /u/VJuan98
[link] [comments]

Clearing up some misconceptions about Illaoi's E

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 10:24 PM PST

Just thought I'd post this cause while it is a complicated and obscure ability, im honestly sick of people not understanding how this spell actually works and complaining.

  1. When illaoi pulls a spirit, this spirit has a set duration that it lasts for. What alot of people don't know that causes them to lose trades they could win is that every time Illaoi takes damage reduces the remaining duration of the spirit by 1 second. For example, if you are singed, you can go in and flip illaoi into poison to remove the spirit almost instantly.

  2. The curse. Alot of people remember release Illaoi and the whole kill tentacles to reduce the duration of the curse. This was removed pretty shortly after release. The curse always lasts a set duration.

  3. The tentacles spawned from the curse only slam once unless illaoi is using abilities near them.

  4. The tentacles must be a certain distance from all others in order to spawn.

2, 3 and 4 mean that if you get the curse, back off a bit from Illaoi, and a tentacle spawns, instead of killing the tentacle and spawning more, you can dodge the one strike from the tentacle and stand next to it. This stops others spawning from distance rule while you wait out the few seconds in the duration.

submitted by /u/LivingLooneyBin
[link] [comments]

What if they made scuttle crab a reinforcement learning project to learn how to dodge skillshots perfectly?

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 07:51 AM PST

Imagine, with 100,000,000 monthly active users, that must mean they have at least 10,000,000 games per month as a lower bound. That is an immense amount of samples the scuttle crab has to use to learn how to dodge skillshots. This could make taking the scuttle crab more engaging and less of a mindless task because it would actively be avoiding anything you try to throw at it.

submitted by /u/joev714
[link] [comments]

zoe is actually insanely unfun to play against

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 03:28 PM PST

she is manageable in lane, but mid-late game its like playing vs a 45% cdr late game teemo except u dont have red oracle, she is just an incredibly cheesy champ with nonexistent cds and having to watch out from getting nuked out of fog of war ontop of normal teamfight pressure is annoying as hell

edit: im not saying she is broken/overpowered, she incredibly anti fun to play against

submitted by /u/NAurself
[link] [comments]

People who keep complaining "X is not really fun to play against but fun to play as." Who is fun to play against?

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 01:12 AM PST

Bang's great escape

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 03:25 AM PST

Xpecial joins Golden Guardians Academy, sources say

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 03:10 PM PST

TIL The player with the most mastery points in the game does not even have a single champion with mastery 6 or 7

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 01:07 PM PST

I was randomly looking at the statistic when I saw that the number one player doesnt have a single champion with a mastery level higher than 5.
His most played champions are Mastery Yi, Nautilus and Brand with around 1 million mastery points.
He is currently Gold 5 on NA.

Edit: More information because I accedentially hit ctrl + Enter which apparently sends off the post

submitted by /u/Better_feed_Malphite
[link] [comments]

I would give anything to play old Graves again.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:55 PM PST

When I first started playing League, Graves was one of the original ADC's that I chose to play, as I liked his almost bruiser type of play that he had. After the marksman update and when Graves was pretty much changed into a jungler, bot lane lost a character that was fun and interesting to play. Old graves fun one shot potential and kiting ability is something that I wish we could go back to and play one more time

EDIT: I realize I can just play Lucian instead, but I enjoyed the whole idea of graves more as an ADC compared to now. I liked his AA animation and everything about it. Felt smooth to play and was one of my favorite champs to play.

submitted by /u/Vikes2869
[link] [comments]

Xayah and Rakan Cosplays

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 10:58 AM PST

My first pentakill and I am pretty proud of it, have literally no friends to show them my play :(

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 01:54 PM PST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gUXFTGbjU0

Since I have no friends to show them my first penta, I hope you will enjoy it atleast. I am pretty proud of this .^

submitted by /u/Nitaraku
[link] [comments]

There was an error setting your rune pages.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:40 PM PST

This is a really annoying message I keep getting every time I want to update my rune page in champ select.

submitted by /u/dreaminonlol
[link] [comments]

What 1 year of amateur casting taught me

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 11:56 AM PST

Hello,

My name is Steve "sirbuttkick" Kangas and I'm a play-by-play caster for League of Legends. Or at least, that's what I believe I am. The fact is, we might disagree as to what that means. Do I need to make money, or be famous, or have a lot of twitter followers to be considered a caster? If you think so, then feel free to stop reading because this post isn't for you. The only people I want to reach with this post are the others trying to make it in savage careers with paths that make you question your whole life. Casters, coaches, players, streamers, writers, graphic designers, video editors, and anyone else who has the passion and the drive to put in the stupid amount of work to become successful. This one's for you: 

To the average person, casting amateur leagues might seem crazy. And I mean bat-s*** crazy. In the past year, I have put in more than one hundred ninety-five hours into casting amateur leagues either in person or online. To put that into perspective, if I were making even $10/hr that would be almost $2,000 in my pocket. In other words, a high end gaming PC, a vacation to Mexico, or a bag of Pizza Rolls every day for two years. Now I don't know about you, but I'm a big fan of Pizza Rolls…

I wanted to go into 2018 by expressing what a full year of amateur casting has taught me, and how that can be related to anyone else looking to get into the esports industry. I'm not a writer, so I apologize in advance if this turns into rambling, but here are 6 lessons I learned in 2017: 

Lesson #1: Take breaks. This might sound counterintuitive, but I can only focus my drive for so long. When I first started, I thought that taking breaks and relaxing was cheating myself. I thought, "How will I become the next Dash if I'm drunk at the bar?" While focusing entirely on the career might get me there quicker, I learned that overstressing myself killed my love for it. I needed to find little moments away from casting to appreciate the life I'm living now, rather than only focusing on my future goals.

Lesson #2: Love it. Now I mean REALLY love it. This is not an industry to get into unless you're 100% sure this is what you want. The amount of time I've put in already could have gotten me well established and comfortable in 100 different industries (I come from a recruiting background, so I know a thing or two about many different career paths), but instead I feel like I'm still at the bottom of the barrel of amateur casters. Now I'm not saying this to pout or complain, because I don't care! I love what I do and even if this is all that I ever accomplish I will say it was worth it.

Lesson #3: Make authentic friends. At first, I only saw other casters as teachers or competition. Each one was either somebody that I could learn from or someone that I could become better than. This is toxic and will NOT carry you far. Being the best doesn't mean much when no one likes you. Instead, what I focus on now is actually getting to know the others working around me: not just to learn from, but to befriend. My favorite part about casting is the feeling I get when I'm on the mic, but the second best part is the friends and lasting connections I've made. Protroid, Travysty, MindMesser, CoCotheDragon: all people in the industry that I feel I can call my friends, plus the dozens of others that I would want to chill with during time off. These are not just tools that I can use to advance myself, but friends with an equal amount of passion and drive to make it someday.

Lesson #4: Be better than the haters. There are those in my life that question why I'm doing what I'm doing. Those that judge me for putting in so much to time for something I rarely get paid for. Those who do not understand. The worst is when it's others in the industry that are looking down on you. At first this bothered me, but now I use it to drive me. There's no motivation like proving others wrong, and while this can be a dangerous form of motivation it sure as hell works. Don't do it out of spite for the haters, but because you are proving to yourself that you will be successful.

Lesson #5: Make responsible financial decisions. This is not a lucrative industry to get started in, so I had to make sure that I was not sacrificing my own financial standing due to it. Work a job, live in a shit-hole, eat cheap food, don't go out: that's what I do. It's not a glamorous life and I'm not saying it's necessary for everyone, but understanding what choices I needed to make to ensure I could continue casting was the most important part of my career.

Lesson #6: Understand there will be sacrifices Now this is just a general life lesson and isn't specific to esports, but it's so integral to succeeding in life in general. I can't do everything I want to do. I can't spend time with everyone I want to. I can't experience life the way I want to. I have to make sacrifices now so that I can do what I want later in life. I only have time to invest in a few relationships right now, so that I can invest in more in the future. I can't always go places or see things that I want to now, so that I can go places and see things in the future. Life is always a balance of sacrifice/reward, and when the reward is as big as a career in esports there will also be great sacrifice.

Hopefully this was helpful for those of you who are one day going to join me in the industry, and to those of you who also have lessons to share I would love to hear them.

See you on the rift, Sirbuttkick

submitted by /u/sirbuttkick
[link] [comments]

Nicolas Farnir joins FC Schalke 04 as Team Manager

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 05:51 AM PST

Singed W-E Combo Bug - Doesn't Root Ulting Master Yi

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 03:06 AM PST

Faker's great escape

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 03:24 AM PST

Alicus Named Scouting Director for OpTic Gaming

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 09:57 AM PST

An OK drawing of Rammus

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:47 PM PST

https://imgur.com/a/qHT2F

I got a drawing tablet last week, and this is the most decent thing that I've made so far, think it turned out pretty well!

submitted by /u/science_2
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.