True Gaming Torrenting Discontinued Games


Torrenting Discontinued Games

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 12:17 PM PST

I really want to get Trainz 2006 but as it was discontinued i was wondering if it was legal of illegal to download it off the internet. I've never torrented before and don't know the laws suronding it. Please help

submitted by /u/CrazyTom101
[link] [comments]

'Prey' (2017) and changing games with cheat codes

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 08:50 PM PST

I've been playing through Prey (2017) slowly over a few weeks and was absolutely loving it at first. I had never played System Shock 2 before, but was a big fan of the Bioshock series, and this seemed like the closest thing to Bioshock 4. The huge interconnected levels, audiotapes, and post-apocalyptic setting are all awesome.

But as I've played on, I'm having a lot of struggles that I wasn't expecting. Perhaps Prey is a more demanding game than one would expect these days. But I find myself getting swamped with enemies, lacking bullets and resources, and seemingly out of materials to recycle for ammunition. I feel frustrated and like giving up.

I decided instead to install a mod to allow for an infinite amount of ammo, eliminating a large chunk of the frustration. I was surprised, but since I've found myself absolutely loving the game. It's become more of an exploratory power fantasy, where I can pay more attention to the setting and story presented within as opposed to whether or not the alien down the hallway is going to spot me and eat my face. This obviously isn't the intended way of playing, but to me, it is preferable.

Do you have any experiences of changing the genre or feel of a game with cheats code/mods? Is the 'experience' and accomplishment of completing a game cheapened by using console commands?

submitted by /u/alex01919
[link] [comments]

Developing a MOBA game that teaches real-life concepts (aka serious game) and is as fun, engaging and competitive as the popular game in the genre.

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 11:53 AM PST

Hello, I am a student of Energy and Environment and got into game development 2.5 years ago to create a Renewable Energy Tycoon, a game where your task is to operate and develop the Powerplants of the power grid and invest in renewable sources.

The goal is always to produce more energy than the amount being consumed. The consumption is continuously changing according to daily patterns, and each source (Coal, Biomass, Water, Sun, etc..) and technology responds and acts differently, so you need to create a strategy to combine all sources effectively.

This game is still in development, but now I am wondering if this mechanic that is rich and unique could be successfully applied in a MOBA game where players compete to achieve an efficient grid and connect clients to their power grid. I say the mechanic is rich because there are a lot of variables involved like the Coal Thermoelectric Powerplant is cheaper to run, is predictable but has a slow response time and is not renewable. The sun photovoltaics tech is cheap but produces only during the day, is better in summer than in winter and does not help during the most challenging hours (the night peak).

Since the most popular games in the MOBA genre are pure fantasy and almost all are about war(the other are mostly sports games) do you think that such unique gameplay could result in a successful niche game?

If you want to try the mechanics mentioned above, the version in progress can be played on the browser for free on itch.io HERE

What're your thoughts? Also, do you play any niche MOBA?

submitted by /u/Claudio_A
[link] [comments]

Archon Interactive is heading in a new direction and could use some input

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 09:31 AM PST

Hi there,

I'm a programmer Archon Interactive, a small indie company from Denmark.

We've made different kinds of games in the past, both mobile and PC/console titles, our most recent being Rocket Wars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpFCEKTSA4g.

However, we are reaching a point where we want to settle on a more specific genre of games to create.

But to be able to make the best games possible, we're gonna need some input from you, the players!

We've made a small survey that we would like you guys to fill out, which would help us out tremendously and would give us and our future games a better sense of direction.

Link to the survey: https://da.surveymonkey.com/r/FQHPVLT

And thanks to the mods for letting me post this here!

submitted by /u/UmbraaFidelis
[link] [comments]

Good racing games for people new to the genre?

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 12:23 PM PST

Not sure what subreddit to post this on. Please feel free to point me somewhere more fitting if this post doesn't belong.

Long story short: My dad isn't working anymore. He likes computers a lot and built one with the intention to game on it. But he kind of sucks at games. I got him a controller to make things easier for him, but it seems he hasn't been able to get into games so easily. Hobbies in general are hard for him to stick with.

He used to love driving and watching NASCAR, but he doesn't have a car anymore. Christmas is coming up, at first I thought maybe I could get him a racing wheel and pedal set up, but that's a bit beyond my budget. I also figured I should see if he can get into the games before we go full out with the racing wheel set up, as that would almost feel like getting him a gift of something he hopefully might like, if that makes sense. (just considering the scope of that gift, I wouldn't really want to do that.)

But I thought hey, maybe I could get him a racing game! If there are any good NASCAR games out, that would be cool. He used to also enjoy watching F1 from time to time and I have seen people saying good things about the F1 games.

The Codemasters Bundle on Humble looks like it may be a good bet, with the $15USD tier at the bottom.

Is F1 2016 casual gamer friendly? Any other titles you would recommend instead? I'm thinking more of a sim racer than an arcade one, as he likes cars in general. Thanks.

My dad would definitely probably enjoy a newer one so as to make nice use of his graphics card, and we could work together on optimizing it :) Also any one with online multiplayer is a bonus as he could potentially play with me and my brother online when we aren't over. (On that same note local multiplayer is a bonus as well)

Some further discussion questions to keep this thread not just suggestion specific:

Are racing games casual friendly? Do you feel it is a hard genre to get into?

What are some exciting new features/trends you've seen in racing games recently? Any potential for the genre to push even further?

Thanks guys

submitted by /u/oldusernewaccount
[link] [comments]

How do you make shooting in video games "feel" good?

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 05:49 PM PST

So today I was playing "homefront" campaign (the first game) and something I noticed is that the the shooting felt completely bland.

There's nothing exciting about the guns themselves, they feel weak and it's like there's no recoil or anything on it. I just find myself bored to death when playing it.

I then switched to Modern Warfare 2 and I notice that I just have a lot more fun with the shooting in this game. I really don't know how to describe it, but it just "feels" better

 

So my question is, how do you make shooting feel better in a game? Is there any "special sauce" you can add to make it more exciting?

submitted by /u/trambe
[link] [comments]

Highly story-based games are what I think will be the next step in entertainment after movies.

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 07:24 PM PST

I'm a movie guy. I love sitting down and watching movies by myself, with my headphones on, and experiencing the story and vision of a director on the screen. Right now if you want to tell a story, movies are the way to do it as they allow you to get more of the creatives vision rather then books that rely only on verbal detail. This however will change in the near future with the advent of short, story based games like the beginners guide, as well as the longer ones like life is strange.

Games like these are right now in a weird spot of being seen less like games and more like experiences to be had. The "game" is almost always advancing the plot or building the world around you such as what would happen as you progress through a movie. However unlike a movie, games like these provide their players a way to interact and be immersed in the world much more then any movie could ever dream of. This concept is similar to why many people like movies more then books. It allows them to get more out of the world they are experiencing. Rather then reading about the world they get to see it, and with games rather then just seeing the world they get to live in it. Games like life is strange offer choice to their players and allow them to experience the story their own way rather then they way of just someone else' vision.

This is not to say that movies will die, because they wont. There will always be people like me who will want them just like there will always be people who want books. However with the increase in the amounts of games like these, the (hopeful) advanced in VR tech, games like these will become more and more common place and more accepted as art in the sense that movies or books are and will become one of the primary ways, if not the most common way, for people to tell stories.

submitted by /u/Personzoo
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.