RimWorld New Subreddit Rule - Rule 4.1


New Subreddit Rule - Rule 4.1

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 08:16 AM PST

So with the increase of meme-like posts, amusing landform names, human hat discussion and other sorts of posts that narrowly avoid the already outgoing Rule 4 but still don't fit in with discussion threads and other threads along those lines, hence the introduction of Rule 4.1 which is an extension of Rule 4.

While these posts are still by no means bad in their own right; as mentioned above, they don't really fit in with discussion and there is another RimWorld-related subreddit dedicated to these sorts of posts which doesn't see enough use: /r/SpaceCannibalism.

That's all I have for now; happy Redditing!

submitted by /u/XeoNovaDan
[link] [comments]

I made a fake news articles for a Reddit post

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 04:16 PM PST

A visitor just recruited my prisoner. I didn't even know that was possible.

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 10:12 AM PST

Fast Spreading Grass mod: Don't let your herd starve out there

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 11:35 PM PST

Description

Makes grass able to spread seeds quicker. They now can emit seeds after 1 day instead of 3 days normally.

In the end, it makes grass regrowing quicker after fires or winter; you know for those time where the whole map seems deprived of any grass ...


Release


This mod is kind of a request dedicated to you all Redditors of the Rim, as I often seen mentionned grass regrowing problems in here.

submitted by /u/kaptain_kavern
[link] [comments]

Negative traits got you down? The perfect solution!

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 11:16 AM PST

How many times have you taken in a new colonist only to see those dreaded traits like pyromania, abrasive, chemical fascination... the list goes on and on. What's worse yet is that they may actually have valuable skills or passions. Or maybe your main colony is just too good and you've grown bored of waiting for the next raid.

Now I know what you're thinking, the colony could always use a few more cowboy hats but put the anesthetic down for just a second and hear me out.

What if I told you the perfect solution was to simply "Australia" them. Round up all your problem pawns, give them some pemmican and a few chunks of wood and send them on their way. Force them to establish a new settlement close-by that will serve as a prison colony. Bonus points if you managed to find a "Sherrif" or "Noble" who can serve as their defacto warden. You will want to make sure they are well armored and given a strong blunt weapon to take down rebelling pawns while minimizing permanent damage or death.

Now once you are there I would advise you make the base as ramshackle as possible for both thematic and practical reasons. There's a high chance it will be damaged or abandoned if things go awry (they often do). I don't even have a cook in mine, I just have a freezer full of strawberries for the winter and some emergency pemmican from the main colony.

Now what I do is just force the prisoners there to mine all the time or grow and produce drugs to be sold. Occasionally I will send out a muffalo caravan to collect all of their products and maybe leave them with some beer and medicine for their hard efforts.

If the base gets wiped out don't worry about it! you can just start all over when you get new "volunteers". It's the perfectly way to fill in the empty time you have mid to late game and let's you attempt and extremely difficult early-game scenario without having to start over again if you fail

Hopefully I've managed to convince a few people to give it a try~

submitted by /u/sGvDaemon
[link] [comments]

I only very recently started playing Rimworld, and I was lucky(?) enough to document my first colony wipe

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 05:21 PM PST

Anyone else like making doomsday plans?

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 06:04 PM PST

Whenever I make a colony, one of my favourite things is formulating a plan for when it's all gone to shit. Some kind of suicide device or task, that will royally fuck up any raiders or animals attacking me but also ruin my colony beyond repair.

My best one yet was my last colony. Deep in the mountains, I had one tool to my advantage: wood. ALL of my walls were wood. So when I finally fell to the raiders, it only took one pawn with molotovs to get the internal temperature to 2000 degrees. Clothing burst into flame and corpses incinerated. The ones who managed to escape with burns all over their bodies were immediately mauled by the bears outside. The last part of my plan was an ancient structure just outside the entrance. The second last pawn that was alive deconstructed the wall mere seconds before catching a bullet to the head. And what do you know, 4 cryptosleep caskets. Two of them were fully decked out and had no interest in my colonist, leaving her enough time to consume the luciferium inside the tomb and go hog wild with her sword.

My colony was beyond saving but it was worth it to watch the raiders burn to death or get stabbed by a random vomiting woman that was hyped up on her ancient drugs.

submitted by /u/WitheredHarp192
[link] [comments]

To the player that had a pawn survive with 99% infection. Your move.

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 08:13 PM PST

You know, sometimes Randy is an okay guy...

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 09:53 PM PST

Has anyone ever noticed the description for a bush?

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 02:18 PM PST

My automated medicine factory

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 11:10 AM PST

Raider came at night and just went to sleep during prep time.

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 06:56 PM PST

Shelled by Salt

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 10:37 AM PST

but are you sure though??

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 12:50 PM PST

It only took me about 100 hours to feel like I'm getting the hang of this. Here's my favorite base.

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 09:08 PM PST

I actually jumped from the sound of these landing

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 09:49 PM PST

I seriously considering creating an army of tortoises

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 07:47 AM PST

Someone asked for a picture of my base

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 02:57 PM PST

What's your biggest bugbear with rimworld?

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 08:18 AM PST

I'm of the opinion that you should always criticize something you love, that it can improve itself, so let me just preface this by saying so: Rimworld is absolutely one of the best examples of an early access game done right: the updates are far enough apart (and of a proper fix/content ratio) that it's evident the developer(s) know what they're doing, and the game has done nearly everything right so far as being in early access is confirmed. And let's not also forget that the game itself is just a great idea that's executed really well.

Anyway, that being said, what's your bugbears?

Personally, I think that once you take care of basic amenities (i.e. once everyone is fed, clothed, & relatively content), the game kinda loses its steam as it ends up being mostly research with the occasional raid or insect nest to spice things up. I could be wrong though, I haven't played the game as long as I probably should have to make complaints like this, but that's the general idea I get.


FOR REFERENCE: a bugbear, at least to me, is a flaw in something you like, or something that as long as you've known of, you have disliked. Think of it like a nitpick, but more of a valid complaint than a true nitpick, which is mostly used to inflate "flaws with ____" numbers.

also, if possible, it would be helpful if you would add a solution or some constructive criticism, so this doesn't end up as just a circlejerking thread.

submitted by /u/fujypujpuj
[link] [comments]

Why do manhunter packs only down pawns?

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 12:21 AM PST

Surely if it's a pack of wild maddened animals they would kill everyone they came in to contact with.

submitted by /u/DBTnoob
[link] [comments]

Rimworld vampire drain my my hard drive space

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 06:30 AM PST

*Note I started typing this for the steam subreddit until I narrowed it down to a Rimworld issue

This started 2 weeks ago. My Games drive was empty of space, 2TB filled. Normally not a big deal as I don't check it often and I knew i was getting a little close so I cleared out a lot of game I no longer use as well as get rid of a few random folders. Saving a total of about 500gb.

Today I get the message that the drive is full again. Think wtf I haven't installed a single game nor moved anything new into that folder at all I check into it. Steam folder is now 362gb size and 760gb size on disk. Now to me, this just doesn't seem right.

Ok, so as I am typing this I am going through all folders and files in my steam folder to find the culprit. I've narrowed it down to Rimworld which is using over 400gb and narrowed it down even further to a file called output_log.txt thats sitting at 430gb now. I am on b18. Only thing I can note is lately I can no longer choose to exit the game as it always stops responding. Last night I never fully closed out of rimworld as it was still not responding when I woke up this morning. I wonder if it is constantly trying to write an error report, slowly draining my drive space.

Anyways now that I know where the issue is I can fix it pretty easily! Just thought I'd give ya'll a heads up.

submitted by /u/Tritonal1
[link] [comments]

Two of my colonists just got engaged. The Mechanoids do not approve of their love.

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 11:27 AM PST

The guys living here must have had the hairiest arses of the whole Rim

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 05:46 AM PST

I'm at a loss [Modding issues]

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 10:57 PM PST

So I play a heavily modded Rimworld, since modding is pretty much my favorite thing to do in any game. I've had the game run stable as can be until last night, I've done everything I can think of from reinstalling the game to reinstalling each and every mod, but as of last night pretty much none of my mods can load their textures.

The error log is just a red sea of "Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D". If there's something I'm missing I'd DEEPLY appreciate any help at all

submitted by /u/DoomTrout
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.