Learn Dota 2 - Why is Timber considered a counter to Terrorblade?


Why is Timber considered a counter to Terrorblade?

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 01:08 PM PST

I hear that mentioned a lot during pro matches, but I'm not sure why. Normally I think of Timber countering strength heroes. Is it just that Terrorblade is weak and Timbersaw has a lot of burst?

submitted by /u/Misterme7
[link] [comments]

Silencer carry?

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 03:48 PM PST

Is it viable? its something that I've tried out in bot games?

How would you run it? I think it would probably be a 4 4 1 or 4 1 4, depending on if you think you can get more damage out of last word or curse. Maybe treads, midas, drums, dragonlance, kaya, euls? Just a bunch of cheap damage and surivivability items?

submitted by /u/ilikedota5
[link] [comments]

How often do you fight as Sf in the early game?

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 06:11 PM PST

I think my biggest problem is that I can't figure out if I even want to take early fights at all or not. I know that heroes like QOP/Puck are extremely good at rotating for (counter-)ganks, whereas if you are playing Invoker/Alch you generally want to use fights as an opportunity to farm up elsewhere. I am unsure about which category SF belongs to - with razes and maybe his ult he can output a lot of damage, at the same time he's also really good at pushing waves and pressuring towers.

So as an SF in the early game (and I'm talking real early, before you get your first item like SB/Euls and only have like a treads/aquila/dragon lance) on a scale of Puck to Alchemist how often do I want to join other fights :p?

submitted by /u/EL3kTr1C
[link] [comments]

My guide of playing Ancient Apparition support in ranked games (1-5k bracket)

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 08:05 AM PST

I suggest picking AA to counter Necrophos, Winter Wyvern, or Void. Quite frankly, these three heroes are extremely annoying and hard to deal with in most of our pub games. To put it simple, there are two ways of playing AA.

A) Aghanim Type (Greedy, Staying behind)

  • Priortize in farming rather than hard supporting. You should be constantly pulling, collecting bounty runes, and keep finding an empty lane to farm. Having played this much greedy, you should be able to get Midas around minute 17. I recommend staying in Brown Boots, and get Aghs as fast as you can. If you managed to find a few kills, you should get Aghs around 25-28 minutes into the game.

  • Once you get Aghs, your job is to keep 1000-2000 distance from your allies and focus on hitting your ultimate, Ice Blast, to as many enemies as possible. It deals CRAZY amount of damage that will be enough to decide the game. This guide is recommend for players between 1-3k bracket. It's relatively easy, simple, and it works well most of the time. The downside of this build is that it gets countered by Pipe of Insight. If enemy team is smart enough to grab Pipe early, consider making an adjustment to plan B below.

B) Utility Type (Full Support) [Force Staff/Glimmer Cape/Arcane Boots/Mek/Eul]

  • As you climb up higher above 3.8k, you will notice every game demands different itemization. Get any of the items mentioned above to survive. Feel free to be more creative. In this build, you're sticking to your allies most of the time. You should be playing position #5, hard support. Focus on zoning out the enemy offlane by using Chilling Touch. It is one of the best spells in early stage of the game. To win team fights, you should be able to position yourself very well; AA is a squishy hero, and may end up feeding the whole game. Remember to stay close enough to your allies & enemies to cast every one of your spell offensively/defensively depending on situation. This build is recommended for experienced players.

Here's the link to one of my most recent Ancient Apparition games played in Divine bracket, SEA server:

https://youtu.be/OzXDtVGf5kY

submitted by /u/profHam
[link] [comments]

What's better for minimap? Hero faces, names or arrows?

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 07:40 AM PST

I have it as faces because I can never remember the hero's corresponding color (for the arrow). And names are sometimes too long, so you don't know where exactly they are. On the other hand, names don't overlap in a messy, unrecognizable way like faces do.

But I'm new, so I wanted to ask: What's the best icon type in your opinion?

submitted by /u/Belphegor24
[link] [comments]

When is it viable to buy a hero Midas?

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 06:33 PM PST

XP? Gold? How about the item slot or the amount of gold needed to buy HoM? Is it worth it? Any response is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/JTGalaxy
[link] [comments]

Is there a skill bracket where Mirana is sub-optimal?

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 06:32 PM PST

I still haven't calibrated, but before the new badges I was hovering around 1k. I don't have a ton of Mirana games, but I think I have around a 70% WR over 17 games or so.

Mirana just feels stupid strong. I mean, I can't last hit for shit in the first few levels which hurts, but if I just survive the laning phase and get, say, Phase and Maelstrom, I can solo kill basically anyone.

Her skills just seem SO good. Arrow is an amazing initiation tool or a good skill to ruin an Enigma or CM's game, her Q is great for waveclear and does really good single target dmg too. The three charges on Leap is just amazing, if you get a bad first leap off, you aren't just fucked anymore. And offesnively, it's an incredible gap closer and DPS increase tool with the AS buff.

Her AGI gain and a couple items makes her hit like a truck, and with Maelstrom, Pike, and Agh's, she waveclears so well and fights well too.

Her ultimate in an amazing engage and escape tool, and even though the CD is somewhat long, I never feel like it's too long that I can't use it to let one guy escape a gank or something.

She just feels really strong right now. She's mobile, does incredible dmg, scales well, and her skills make it so she can lane anywhere and do fine. I like getting Agh's if I go mid, or just typical carry items if I go safelane.

If I don't know what to pick, it never seems like a bad idea to pick Mirana. She just seems to do well with any in any lane, and can even roam as a pos 4 if you have your cores already and has great impact from lvl 1.

So I'm just wondering, hypothetically how far can Mirana take me if I were to spam her? Is there actually a hero or heroes that make it a bad game for her? Is she less effective in high skill brackets? What heroes do what she does better? Or if you'd just like to share some general thoughts, that's fine too. I'm just really liking Mirana right now and I feel like she's a great hero at the moment.

submitted by /u/BigFatSnailsSCI
[link] [comments]

Does mute prevent Aeon Disk from activating?

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 06:14 PM PST

The struggle in 1k MMR

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 03:11 AM PST

After 230 Dota2 games, I've calibrated around 1k MMR in solo and 1.5 k MMR in party . I've read purge's guide, consulted lots of Reddit threads here, used dotabuff for guides and discussions ,watched Day9's learning videos and I'm regularly watching some streams or progames to get better at the game. I fell in love with Dota2, but my experience is so different compared to what I see in player in the above rankings. Sometimes I find friendly teammates who at least point their position in the drafting phase, but most people that I've encountered never ever communicate and seem to play a random team deathmatch game. To sum up the situation in most of games: they don't speak if not to blame, they don't say position they want to play , they don't push, farming positions don't exist , teamplay doesn't exist . People in learndota2 say (and I'm sure you know WAY better than me) that if you are better then them in efficiency you should climb, so I choose mid first to focus on farm...but most people don't care and show in mid anyway. So I transition to safelane , but support don't harass , push the wave, don't pull and I'm lucky if they are not farming "my creeps ". So I go to offlane , but offlane doesn't exist because there is another core or another support to fight for last hits with. What can I do if I feel I can farm efficiently but there's no place for me to do so? I switch to support with heroes like omni and babysit my team around the map, but mates are usually spread and it's so hard to have a decent impact apart from ward vision and dewarding . Even calling for smoke is pointless. I eventually figured that I can't rely on teammates and started playing heroes who can push towers alone and have a good escape, so I just take an objective and go away.

Despite having a >50% winrate, >300 commends in ~200 games and being always as chill as possible, I can't endure this mess . Suggest me a way to play and heroes to play to get out from here fast, please :(

Edit: I'm Guardian 5 if does it matter

submitted by /u/raff100
[link] [comments]

The Most One-Sided Game I ever Had.

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 05:53 PM PST

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3595879008

Seriously what was the point of this? I was on a 2 v 1 lane against Slark who played really safe and kept farming under tower and jungle. Our Ursa fed his brains out and enemy grouped up so hard so there was nothing I could do. I ganked top a couple of times but they were always grouped up and my team was really incompetent. They finished the game before 30 minutes.

What could I do in this situation?

submitted by /u/iwanthidan
[link] [comments]

The Roam Position: A Thought

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 11:35 AM PST

Is turbo a good way to get better?

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 05:24 PM PST

Fast and simple games are easy to adapt to meta right? Or is it better to be old school and play ranked?

submitted by /u/Zoopy2010
[link] [comments]

Question about omni heal spell in one of Black^ games.

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 12:33 PM PST

Hi guys!

I was watching Black^ stream and I saw that omni damaged Black`s QoP with the heal spell, but he was really far away, how did it happens?!

This is the clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/ShortDiligentAnacondaOneHand

What I am missing here?

Tyvm!!!

submitted by /u/VeteranoNoob
[link] [comments]

Who the hell gets Aeon Disc?

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 08:00 PM PST

For the life of me, I can't figure out a use for this item.

submitted by /u/shaggysnorlax
[link] [comments]

getting boxed out as an offlaner

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 12:42 PM PST

when i play an offlaner (most of the time brew or phoenix), most of the laning phase here in Legend 5 SEA the 2 supports just sit in front of the creep wave and box me out of exp range and i'm not sure what to do here. either support here rarely leave the lane so i just get pelted with normal hits whenever i try and go near the wave. then the 3 of them just keep denying their creeps as early as possible to make most of the waves stay at their side of the map. any way i or my team can take advantage of this? sometimes i tell my friends to put some pressure somewhere so the enemy supports would be forced to teleport but it doesn't happen always.

submitted by /u/chokee03
[link] [comments]

How do I improve my positioning?

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 04:56 AM PST

One of my weaknesses in Dota is practicing good positioning. Usually, I try to stay back or stick myself with creeps when there is a roaming Pudge/Mirana or when there is an incoming gank. However, my positioning during teamfights gets really bad. I either die early because of being too aggressive or I get mispositioned as an initiator, dying without being able to perform any of my key abilities. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking more into positioning to prevent dying kind of thing.

submitted by /u/JTGalaxy
[link] [comments]

Coming back to dota 2 since 2012

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 07:07 AM PST

Hi guys, it's been a long while since I played dota 2 and I've seen a lot has changed. I've pretty much got accustomed to everything except how we should lane now?

I was always under the impression that either two dual lanes and a mid OR tri lane, one mid and one off lane. Maybe with the occasional jungle. But every game I have played so far, I've been seeing heroes like pudge "roaming" which is I still can't sink in yet haha. Can someone explain this role? Why is it all of a sudden valued now? And is it vital? should a roamer be present in every game?

submitted by /u/crummy_wizard
[link] [comments]

When to pick tinker?

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 10:23 AM PST

As the title says, I don't know when to pick tinker. What type of lineups is he good against and when is he not a good pick? I like playing him but some games are just so frustrating. Any tips would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/dumbly_
[link] [comments]

Gold earned twice

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 06:33 AM PST

https://youtu.be/SmKlR_wO688?t=679 (timestamp 0:11:19)

Log on the left-hand side shows 271₲, which is 137₲ overhead WR + 134₲ overhead Ogre Magi. 134₲ is the kill bounty (110₲ + 0 for the streak + 8₲ × 3 Ogre Magi hero level). What is the explanation for the 137₲?

submitted by /u/daxim
[link] [comments]

Why am I losing so much?

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 05:24 AM PST

Since the ranking patch came out, I stopped playing ranked, and only played arcade games and some unranked. Now, I'm just starting to recalibrate my rank, and I've lost 5/5 games. I have no idea why though, I feel as though I've been playing well, it's just that we end up losing. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/TheMutantHotDog
[link] [comments]

How do you play Shaker pre-Blink?

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 11:23 PM PST

Getting blink is imo one of the, if not the most important parts of playing the hero. Once I have it, I seem to be able to do a lot more in ganks and teamfights (obviuously) but I'm often a bit lost as to how should I play before that.

I'm gonna put special emphasis on itemization here, since in theory I could just rush brown boots > Blink but I'm very sure thats a bad idea in 90% of games. On the other hand, I've seen all sorts of build from high level players - basically any combination of Treads/Arcanes, Soul Rings, Wands, etc. I myself am a fan of Arcane+Wand+Wind lace every game, but I want to learn how does one figure out what items are "essential" before blink.

submitted by /u/EL3kTr1C
[link] [comments]

Does Javelin stacking work well for Windranger?

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 09:18 PM PST

I've seen it work well with Pangolier. Has anyone tried Javelin stacking on Windranger?

I guess the issue with this is that Windranger doesn't really want Basher or MKB unless the enemy has evasion.

submitted by /u/ElderCat
[link] [comments]

Losing after stomping the lane

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 07:33 AM PST

We all know that the possibility of a throw is possible in dota.

So in this game i won as an offlaner,while usually keeping busy 2 heroes.After the laning phase my team kept on winning and i always called to take objectives.I feel like i lost this game because of my items, can someone give me suggestions on what I should have done?Im the weaver 3594970239

submitted by /u/tiago1500
[link] [comments]

Vector Targeting

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 09:10 PM PST

Why is my vector targeting not working? Pangolier instantly goes where I click my mouse cursor. :(

submitted by /u/paulomagcaling
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.