Learn Dota 2 - How is +25 Attackspeed ever beter than +400 Gust Distance/Knockback on Drow?


How is +25 Attackspeed ever beter than +400 Gust Distance/Knockback on Drow?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 03:25 PM PST

So I was just casually browsing Dotabuff and then it tells me that the vast majority of players opt for the attack speed on Drow over the Gust talent...

...

... I'm baffled. I don't understand why you'd ever take the 25 attack speed there over the alternative. I could imagine maybe, maybe, going for the attack speed it if you don't have a DL or Hurri-Pike because you don't want to push enemies out of your attack range... That's it, that's the only situation wherein I could justify for myself not getting the Gust range.

25 Attack speed isn't even that much. It's 50% of a what Hyperstone grants (1k gold) or 125% of a Gloves of Haste (0.625k gold.) And it's also not like Drow is a hero starved for attack speed. She easily has around 300 attack speed with some items at level 15, when you get the talent. So it nets you an 8% increase in attack speed, that's not insignificant, I understand.

But look at the alternative. You get a 400 units increase in the range of your silence to a total of 1300. Concretely this means that you can stand on the bottom side of your screen and silence someone just outside of what you can see on your screen. The team fight potential is huge. And the knockback distance gives Drow something she's never had before the introduction of talents: a natural escape and outplay mechanic. She can Gust people over terrain, she can cliff heroes, she can gust people off a high ground position or less spectacularly she can Gust and then TP and get right clicked two or three times less because she moves people further away from her with the skill.

Can someone explain this to me? It's actually driving me insane. I can understand not picking the knockback distance when the alternative is 20 agility. But the alternative is not 20 agility. Not anymore. The alternative is 25 fake agility, agility that doesn't give you damage nor movespeed nor armor merely attack speed.

submitted by /u/Rouwbecke
[link] [comments]

Does versatility influence your MMR calibration?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 07:58 PM PST

I played od mid the first game, and later I played offlane and support heroes, there is any change about my final mmr?

submitted by /u/UmbraeDraconian
[link] [comments]

Which role according to you is easiest to climb from each bracket?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 05:05 AM PST

Hey guys, I have climbed from 1k to 4k in past year and have been to sub 1k bracket for a short time. Because of this I have an idea to climb those brackets which might be different from others because of playstyle. So, I wanted to know how you climbed the brackets or what role according to you makes it easier to climb a specific bracket.

So, according to me : 1k - 2.5k Any core hero who can hit buildings. Way easier to win games just by avoiding fights and hitting towers.

2.5k-3.5k Any strong mid/carry

3.5k-4k Offlane. Axe worked really well for me. Slardar also works.

4k-4.5k I am finding that playing support is really easy in this bracket. A roaming support creating havoc for enemies from min 1 is really good.

submitted by /u/anmol4alll
[link] [comments]

If you've already ranked, is your unranked MMR still independent? How did this change?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 08:25 PM PST

How does sumiya play? [INVOKER]

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 08:19 PM PST

So I am a big fan of sumiya and it's pretty confusing on how he plays. A few queries:

1) How is he casting so fast? 2) Why does he have the tornado and the cold snap combo ready during Laning and how does he easily add a meteor to it for the full combo? 3) How does he farm? I notice he goes to the ancients after some time. . But what's his mindset to do so?

Thanks. Feel free to give any advice.

submitted by /u/I_wanna_travel
[link] [comments]

Jumped 8 ranks in one game. Shadow re-calibration after the main calibration?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 06:56 AM PST

I went from Guardian[1] to Crusader [4] in one game. I don't think the game itself was the reason.

I'm still getting matched with Guardian players it seems but there's more of a mix. Is this a glitch? Am I still actually Guardian[1] but it's showing Crusader?

Was there a shadow recalibration after the main calibration? Is it taking into account that I have positive KDA in almost all my games even the losses?

Does anyone know what's going on? I hope it wasn't just an accident. I'd like to think I earned it.

Just keep swimming!

Thank you /r/learndota2 for all your help :)

submitted by /u/notapotamus
[link] [comments]

optimal winrate in solo queue for semi fast climbing?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 07:13 PM PST

i know 51% wr is good enough, but is there a winrate to 'shoot' for when climbing? of course it will stabilise w/ higher sample size / amount of games.

submitted by /u/burnXgazel
[link] [comments]

When is the high skill bracket?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 10:49 AM PST

I'm wondering when will I hit the high skill bracket?

I'm currently sitting with a 53.46% winrate overall. 79% this week, and 72% this month. And 59.19% this year.

I know winrate doesn't really mean anything, but the more you win = higher unranked mmr, doesnt it?

My dotabuff https://www.dotabuff.com/players/65454451

submitted by /u/boxjellyfishman2
[link] [comments]

High MMR support players, how do you find time to...

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 10:28 PM PST

Zone the enemy offlaner, Stack and pull camps, go for bounty runes, ward, and rotate other lanes at the same time?

In my game as omni supp with WK vs Bristleback, we were level 5 by the time he was 7 because I tried to zone him early, which led to lane pushing, and he just snowballed from there. I can't zone and deny while stacking and pulling.

How do you know what to do and when?

submitted by /u/Fruit-Dealer
[link] [comments]

Can someone analyze my shadow demon play?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 10:02 AM PST

Just had a game: 3622495470 where I was playing shadow demon with a luna. I want to get better at the hero, as I thought this game should've been in the bag after we took one rax. Can someone watch my play and tell me what I'm doing right or wrong? Specifically with my disruptions, I'm not sure if I'm doing more good or bad.

submitted by /u/Thisguy5545
[link] [comments]

What should i do if the enemy is going as 5?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 08:50 AM PST

For some context im a spirit breaker main (playing pos 5 going lane to lane for ganks) currently legend 1 star, i try to always go 5vs4 or 3 when it comes to teamfighting, but what should i do if the enemy are going as 5? should i just try to go 5v5? farm? try to rat a different tower? give up on life?

AS its relevant to this question i would also like your guy's opinions on what we should do as a team if we want to go 5v3, but the enemy is grouping?

1st time here so go easy on me

submitted by /u/NewFrieza
[link] [comments]

Asking about party mmr

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 05:30 AM PST

if im a divine player can i play with my archon friend in ranked?

submitted by /u/OnePawMan
[link] [comments]

Coming back after a few months

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 09:13 AM PST

Hey guys so my fall semester is wrapping up at university and I am probably gonna play some dota over winter break. What did I miss in terms of new content/items/patches? I know this may be extensive but if anyone could sum it up or provide some resources that do it would be great. Thanks!

submitted by /u/XxMalfunctionxX
[link] [comments]

How do you play CM now?

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 10:25 PM PST

Last time I played the hero was pre-7.07, and since then plenty of things of changed. I'll try to be as specific as I can - what do you do in the first 10 mins of the game? AFAIK this is supposed to be the time when supports are strongest, yet I find this difficult to do on CM. The way I used to play was to jungle till with W till lv2 the either take Q and gank mid, or take E and keep farming. I don't think this works anymore since (a) neutrals respawn later, (b) creeps give little exp, (c) W has an increased mana cost. All these things combined means that I can't reach (or have a hard time reaching) my lv2 before 2 mins, at which point the enemy mid is already lv2-3. Even if I do decide to gank mid with my Q at lv2 at around the first rune timing, I won't have the mana for it since using W twice puts me at almost no mana due to which I'll have to wait for clarity regen before I can do anything else. On the other hand, if I take my E at lv2 it feels like I'm giving up my early ganking potential. I don't mind going to the safelane and throwing a couple of Frostbites on the enemy offlaner, but if we can't kill him then it only means more wastage of my time and mana.

I'm particularly confused about CM because other pos 4 heroes (Earth Spirit, Pudge, Nightstalker) have spells with low CD and/or little to no mana issues even form lv1 which makes it easy to setup ganks, pressure lanes or just sit mid and harass the enemy midlaner by throwing my spells on them. This doesn't seem to work very well with CM since she runs out of mana after two forstbites, and has complete garbage stats which makes it hard to trade hits, and since she jungles rather quickly it always seems like a hard decision as to what I should be doing.

Also, how good is Kaya on her? Even though its kinda cheap, it almost feels like a luxury item for what it does - no survivability, but the spell amp and mana cost reduction especially if combined with her lv15 talent seems pretty sweet.

submitted by /u/EL3kTr1C
[link] [comments]

How could I have played better in these Meepo games?

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 10:27 PM PST

https://www.opendota.com/matches/3620173996/

We ultimately won the match but I feel like I made a ton of bad plays that made the game drag out as long as it did. It pretty much boiled down to me initiating into a bad fight over and over again due to my impatience and overconfidence.

I was mid vs Zeus and I felt like the lane went pretty well. I feel like I did fine in the first 30 minutes but fell off as soon as the enemy started to focus me down in clashes.

https://www.opendota.com/matches/3612967603

For this game, I was initially afraid of getting instagibbed by the Sven so I didn't hit towers as much as I should've. I tried to get as much pick offs for my team but I got caught out a couple of times.

Lost to AM rat and a mistimed late game buyback after which we got team wiped then our base got steamrolled.

So, could anyone provide the current item timings and build ups I should aim for? I feel like I have a tendency to keep trying to join clashes I am ill equipped to engage in. I usually let my foot off the pedal after 30 minutes and I feel it is something I definitely should work on.

Tl;dr: I love Meepo and I want to improve. I feel like I fall off after 30 and I keep engaging into bad clashes.

submitted by /u/torutaka
[link] [comments]

Omniknight Skills Unresponsive?

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 08:20 PM PST

I've been having trouble in a lot of my Omniknight games recently where I'm sure I've pressed a skill several times but the skill just doesn't go. Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone know the cause? It seems to mainly happen when I alt-cast to cast abilities on myself.

submitted by /u/Wulibo
[link] [comments]

How to transition better to the late game?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 01:46 AM PST

I mainly play support at around 2k, and i would say i have a great laning fase most of the time, im able to secure kills and get successful roams on the map quite frequently (though i need to work on getting more bounties) i also pull a lot.

Used to play rubick but im not so confident with the hero and i find hard to win games with him, so i just spam venge. However i find it really hard to be as efficient on the mid to lategame, due to my low mmr, my team is always split and doing random things, so i just stick with the one who seems to be less dumb and play around him, however i don't feel like i have as much impact on these stages of the game. How should i play out the late game? I see people talking about how venge can transition into a carry but i don't like that idea at all. I generally just buy utility items for her, force staff and medallion are a must for me.

submitted by /u/gtmstr
[link] [comments]

Playing Outworld Devourer

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 09:49 PM PST

Hello,

I have been playing OD but I have a low win rate on this hero, Could anyone explain me the items that are best suited for OD and what should be done with him in the early stages for him.

Should I Max his 2nd Second Skill or Should I Put my Point on his arcane Orbs, His Ultimate should be delayed until Level 11?

What should be the items that should be used on him, Is Midas still viable and should i rush Pike or Atos? (or any other items build)

How to play him in Late Game(Snowball)?

Thanks in Advance

submitted by /u/ScarredBlood
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.