Guild Wars 2 - Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 16, 2017


Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 16, 2017

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 05:09 AM PST

This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

Resources:

Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[Art] Destiny's Edge in 16-bit

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 02:29 AM PST

[Fanart] Gourdon's Origin (?)

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 10:25 AM PST

This is Wintersday, this is Wintersday ♫

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 05:25 AM PST

Why is Lions Arch guild hall not an option for guilds?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 05:20 PM PST

Its there as a basic hall til guilds get funds/favor. Why not offer an expanded version of it? it has, by far, the most beautiful theme/style. i still use it for my guild simply because its thematically amazing but i would like to see it expanded slightly.

submitted by /u/scryingblind
[link] [comments]

Bringer stat and Aurora: Concentration main?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 03:33 PM PST

Kicked mid-T4-fractal for one of the dumbest reasons

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 06:02 PM PST

Santa and his Elfsura

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 10:11 AM PST

Starting to Fix World vs World in 2018

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 12:20 PM PST

[fluff] Quaggan V Choya: Battle for Playtime

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 06:48 AM PST

Wintersday Race Griffon best mount

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 03:27 PM PST

I feel like I can now be considered as a "good JPer"

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 10:54 AM PST

There's a new god in town.

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 01:06 PM PST

Suggestion : Make Jakket/Darcy NPC on near Tequatl

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 05:24 AM PST

Hi everyone,

I'm following a Guild Wars 2 group on facebook and I got hurt by a story I read today. Someone posted that a lady called Jakket/Darcy in game was often leading on Tequatl map (Maguuma server) and she was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, she passed away and lot of players decided to tag up on her blue tag when Tequatl showed up in her memory.

I didn't know her but I got hurt when I read this and maybe lots of people did know her. A comment on that Facebook post was really nice which was : wouldn't it be great to have an NPC named after her running around Teq and giving instructions to players? is it possible to make that happen?

So please upvote this so dev can maybe do something about it?

Thanks a lot.

submitted by /u/nano0101
[link] [comments]

Permanent Contracts

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 03:29 AM PST

Hundreds and hundreds (and hundreds and hundreds) of gold, the most expensive elite items you can get from underage gambling a BL chest.

Well, you better let some dreams stay dreams:

  1. Merchant and TP spawn a NPC, unusable and annoying to other players. I literally have to move away to some sneaky corner so players didn't run to it with hopes.
  2. One can't reuse it until the old NPC has despawned. Go back across half a map and try to remember where you left it. Waiting is another fun option.
  3. Impossible. To. Use. Merchant. And. Trading. Post. Simultaneously. 5 minutes to spawn a different NPC. RIP my savings.
submitted by /u/Bozon8
[link] [comments]

What's your biggest screw-up in-game?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 06:44 AM PST

Today I had the absolute pleasure of being an absolute moron and rolling straight into the lava at the end of Sorrow's Embrace story mode, based entirely on instinct.

If you were in that dungeon with me, I apologise for being an absolute moron. We got it done in the end, even if I contributed very little by, well, being an absolute moron twice over. I didn't actually know what to do until it was explained to me...

submitted by /u/TryToBeNormal
[link] [comments]

Happy Wintersday! [fanart][VoD]

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 05:48 PM PST

We used Enchanted Colorful Snowballs to make a planetoid!

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 07:58 PM PST

Thank you Guild Wars for another victory.

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 08:17 AM PST

Just wanted to give a small shout to the game and lore for helping me find a name. My fiancé and I are very different when it comes to naming children, but so far Guild Wars has assisted me in finding at least two that we agree on. Last March, Malyck was born, and while we are not expecting, the name Desmina has been accepted for a girl in the future.

EDIT: No matter what people seem to think, or the 'life' they feel my children will live because of it.. I have full support of these names and it's BECAUSE they are different that we enjoy them so much. In a world full of Chad's and Stacy's, its nice to have a bit of variation, regardless of where the name originated from. Hate if you must, but me and my fiancé are very happy with the names, as is our respective families.

submitted by /u/Viktorik
[link] [comments]

Dear new and returning players! What made you want to play Guild Wars 2?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 04:00 PM PST

Since there's so much talk per this topic... Why not ask those players?

If you're a new player to Guild Wars 2..
1. What made you want to try Guild Wars 2 for the first time?
2. What can Guild Wars 2 or the community do to try and get others interested in this game?

If you're a returning player to Guild Wars 2..
1. What made you want to come back to Guild Wars 2?
2. What can Guild Wars 2 or the community do to try and get players to return to the game?

submitted by /u/Zenarrian
[link] [comments]

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 07:56 PM PST

I was clearing the Ascalonian settlement, and came across the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I gotta say, that's pretty awesome! + respect points to Arena.

I'm eager to find more easter eggs.

submitted by /u/Hedwig_the_Fat
[link] [comments]

The state of Dragon's Watch and others after Daybreak. [spoiler]

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 11:51 AM PST

The Commander thinks that death is overrated

Rytlock wants to get a hug

Taimi was very close to being poked

Marjory and Kas have a wonderful time in "the mountains", the rumours say that they invited Kralk for a cup of tea, the Mesmer Collective started an investigation, they found a lot of broken porcelain.

Braham wants to crash the bridges and walls.

Rox is still cute

Aurene was asked to advertise the glass

Joko makes jokes and he has so much fun

Koss sits in a cavern bekoss kossmic powers are out of space, or something like that

Everybody thought that Kormir left us forever, but how can you explain that she was in a trailer?

Canach wants to fight a branded choya, let's send him to the bounty in the Crystal Oasis...

submitted by /u/auroraeleonora
[link] [comments]

Wintersday Without Procrastination

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 02:36 PM PST

Hey, a "wacky lil' dolyak" here. :P

As I'm not a fan of procrastination even though I often do it and I'm not a fan of over doing things either, I tend to calculate the minimum I have to do daily to get something. I do this for WvW and for Pvp. Today I did it for the Wintersday dailies that give achievement points in the Wintersday Traditions category plus the Holiday Food Drive.

Anyways, I've written a blog post about it.

https://greenyneko.blogspot.de/2017/12/guild-wars-2-christmas-without.html

submitted by /u/GreenyNeko
[link] [comments]

Winter Wonderland JP Speedrun [1:10]

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 07:00 AM PST

My guild held a contest to see who could finish the Winter Wonderland Jumping Puzzle the fastest. This was my submission, 1:10. I'm pretty confident I'll be winning. I got extremely lucky in a couple spots!

Tips for those participating in similar contests:

  • Master the dodge-jump (where you dodge and jump at the same time). You can take shortcuts with it (as shown in the video). It helps to bind two keys that are right next to each other as Dodge & Jump alternatives, so you can easily push them at the same time. I used E as dodge and R as jump - but finding something you're comfortable with works.
  • There's really nothing you can do about the area with the presents... just hope they're up when you get there!
  • For the rolling snowballs, with skill and a bit of luck you can dodge through them. I've tried to do this, but a successful dodge through it seems completely random. I've never been able to consistently dodge through them, so I just go around them. But if you're going for an all-time record, dodging through them will be required.
submitted by /u/Kencussion
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.