True Gaming Roleplaying games without character customisation


Roleplaying games without character customisation

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:49 PM PST

Anyone else completely lose interest in a game as an rpg when it asks you to play as a pre-written character? It was brought to my mind when i heard that the ability to customise your own character was removed from the upcoming game kingdom come:deliverance, it seems to be a trend following the success of the witcher series that devs don't see it as much of a requirement to include character customisation.

I just can't relate to a character in a game when I cant even choose a name and though I see the advantages in terms of dialogue but I don't think it's worth it, Dragon Age: Origins is the gold standard in terms of rpgs for me and it was able to have plenty of voice acted dialogue.

submitted by /u/allanmes
[link] [comments]

I know Destiny 2 receives a lot of flak for various (and probably good) reasons. Would it be a fun, satisfying gameplay experience for someone who likes Monster Hunter?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:05 PM PST

I have a lot of free time. However, we're still a few months away from the release of Monster Hunter. The attraction for me to Monster Hunter has always been the nuanced combat, along with the high (but pretty fair) difficulty. There's also an immense sense of satisfaction when you manage finally piece together your build.

Does Destiny 2 offer any sort of comparable satisfaction? Is there a challenging endgame akin to G-rank?

submitted by /u/Zerimas
[link] [comments]

My Feelings on Microtransactions

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 09:21 AM PST

So I have been thinking about this a lot recently, and so I decided to finally make a post sharing my thoughts on the subject.

So the big one that I am always seeing is EA's SWB2. I played the beta and I watched streams and game plays of the game, and I read a lot on how their loot crates work. After all of that, I came to this conclusion. I will not be buying their game. Their loot crate system is deeply flawed, and no matter what they say it does give players who buy them an in-game advantage. I am mad about this, but more so I am disappointed. I want to play this game. I think the story looks interesting, but most of my time would be spent in multiplayer where whales, who dropped big amount, would be killing me. So I'm not gonna buy it.

However the purpose of this post is not to bash microtransactions. Because I actually think they work when the right game has them. Besides from a business standpoint it's no question as to why include them. Look at dollars they bring in; it would be stupid for some games to not have them. And money wins in this industry. It always has and always will.

Now I wanna talk about two games who have microtransactions that I feel does them well. The first is overwatch. The game is fun and competitive with free updates to characters and maps. Their loot crates work because it is all cosmetic. No advantage will be won with a loot crate. But people who purchase them help fund future updates.

Another game that I think achieves this the best is Halo 5. Hear me out on this. Regardless of what you think of the game their microtransactions, in my opinion, worked very well. They were only for use in the warzone game mode. Which eliminated an edge for smaller competitive game modes i.e. slayer. Now the req packs (loot crates) do give out random weapons and vehicles which can be used in warzone if you have get enough req points during the game. Obviously there are certain variations of weapons and vehicles that are better than others. But at no point did I ever feel that they gave too much of an advantage. And the req packs aren't that hard to earn without buying them. You can even sell duplicates to earn points toward req packs. I was never feeling that I was out outgunned because I didn't have enough shotgun reqs. Now you might be thinking "yeah well the one shot kill sniper or super armored tank seems to give an advantage." No not really because you better believe when a player spawns in the tank that people are gonna spawn their basic yet good rocket launchers to combat it. I played this game a lot and I never bought a req pack with actual money, but I never felt outmatched. Because I would still unlock good weapons anyways. Just because a guy had a good sniper didn't mean he was good with it.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

submitted by /u/coolbeans_777777
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.