Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas, suggestions, and complaints for the devs


DEAR NIANTIC - ideas, suggestions, and complaints for the devs

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 07:36 AM PST

Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

Here you will find ideas and suggestions, requests and complaints - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

298,159,864 Pokemon Caught in Day One!

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 10:45 AM PST

Too late for the AR Contest

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 06:24 AM PST

Haters will say it’s fake

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:17 PM PST

Before PoGo, I could barely run 0.5 miles straight. Today, I ran my first half marathon (13.1 miles). Whole time, whole journey - while playing PoGo. Thank you Niantic and fellow players.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 12:54 PM PST

I began running 1 day a week on Saturdays to load up on pokeballs. During the week I play casually at work/at lunch time walks and by end of the week I am depleted of balls. Therefore go to the park- to reload. Kept doing this, over time getting more storage for items and having to run more to fill it. I dont catch when i play- just spin stops n drop kiddos in gyms.

submitted by /u/rezaramon1
[link] [comments]

Farfetch'd better spawn like the ghost Pokemon from the Halloween event if we complete the global challenge

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 11:30 AM PST

I think it is kind of absurd to only reward us TWO days to catch a region exclusive Pokemon for catching 3 Billion within 7 days. They better spawn like crazy. If it becomes a rare spawn like Unown players will definitely be pissed.

submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
[link] [comments]

I guess they aren't a fan

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 08:29 AM PST

Who likes my christmas sweater

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 05:02 PM PST

Legitimate player banned due to false reporting by spoofers

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:51 PM PST

I thought this had only happened to me but after seeing posts of people who had gone through the same thing, I realized I'm not the only victim. I was an active level 39 player who had played the game since it came out and as broken as the gym system was, I enjoyed that part the most. My area has an overwhelming amount of Instinct spoofers and being one of the only Valor players, holding gyms for any stretch of time was nearly impossible. Once the new gym system came out though and with golden berries becoming available, I was able to bike from gym to gym and drop high Blisseys into them and as long as I paid attention to my phone and golden berried them when the inevitable spoofer attacks started, I could hold them off. When they realized that their cheating wasn't going to cut it anymore, they started mass reporting me and I got the same e-mails from niantic that other people have reported getting. They wrote that "players were offended by my behavior" and when I replied by asking what exactly I was doing wrong, they didn't specify and told me that as long as I was adhering to the TOS and Trainer guidelines, I shouldn't worry about it. After receiving a few e-mails, of that nature, I got one that said that I broke the TOS and that a hold was placed on my account and that if I reply back that I understand the TOS and Trainer guidelines, they'll unlock my account. I did so and asked them again what I did wrong, and they said I used vulgar language. So I did what they asked me and got my account back a week later. I took a little break from gyms and then as soon as I started to place my pokemon in my area's gym's again, I got another e-mail saying that I was reported for "Real harassment" and that another hold was placed on my account. They asked me to do the same thing, which I did, and I got my account back two weeks later. At this point, you can see the pattern developing. A few days after getting my account back for the second time, I got another e-mail saying that my account was permanently deleted for violations of the TOS. When I tried to appeal, they told me they "reviewed" my account and concluded that I broke the TOS and that their decision was final. All of this happened within the span of about a month. After receiving the replies that I did from their Customer Support, I figured that there was nothing I could do but after seeing that I wasn't the only one who something like this happened to, maybe there is some hope for me as well?

submitted by /u/ValValor
[link] [comments]

This felt good. How many Rattata did it take you?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 11:29 AM PST

How would a casual know about the event ?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 11:58 AM PST

As the title suggests, how could a casual player who doesn't use reddit, doesn't follow niantic in social media, doesn't check related news sites will know about the event ?

There is no in-game pop-up neither under the news menu section, not a shop sale, not anything...

submitted by /u/JimTheShark17
[link] [comments]

So this is where Poliwags spawn

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:03 PM PST

[Humor] When you see ultra boxes drop to 880 coins

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 02:30 PM PST

hit level 40 yesterday, however this is way better!

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:53 AM PST

i hit level 40 after a suicune raid yesterday less than 24 hours ago. pretty awesome, right? well, when coming home from my overnight shift i came across this... literally the most insane nearby i will probably ever see playing this game. almost unbelievable, its still surreal to thing about what just happened.

https://imgur.com/78c9gd4

submitted by /u/Humpit4acrumpet
[link] [comments]

Farfetch'd beside a scallion stall [Liaoning, China]

Posted: 19 Nov 2017 10:22 PM PST

remember, we caught 589 million magikarp in one week earlier this year. So 3bn should really not be a challenge.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 11:32 AM PST

[AR Shot] They grow up so fast... :'(

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 12:10 AM PST

I designed a Pokémon Christmas sweater

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 03:46 PM PST

The Grand Canyon is so beautiful!

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 07:43 AM PST

[screenshot] new special box on sale

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 01:36 PM PST

When Pokemon Go gets childish. Did I 'win', by forcing a player to use golden raspberries, or did I 'lose' by wasting time letting a player use golden raspberries?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 05:43 PM PST

So I was attempting to take down a gym with a Blissey and Chancey when mid-battle I noticed the mons were back to full strength. So I figured one of the players is feeding golden berries remotely. I always found this annoying and I was paying while taking calls (e.g. I had no place to go), so I figured I'd see how far this went.

I kept trying to take down the gym, he/she kept feeding berries. After maybe a half hour we are still at it. Two idiots battling to be the most stubborn idiot. After getting bored I gave up and went on to something else. After my efforts I had to use approximately 20 revives and maybe two dozen of various potions. My adversary had to use at least two dozen golden raspberries.

So I figured I'm the winner, since I can cut my losses after a long walk while he/she wasted the loot of several raids....but I also feel like a loser for not really accomplishing much. I wonder how my adversary feels.

What do you think and has anyone else ever gotten into one of these childish battles?

submitted by /u/SnoopySuited
[link] [comments]

Why is the Gym Map so bad??

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 02:57 AM PST

Now I know that there are so many other things in the game that need to be fixed and improved before this, but has anyone wondered why the World Gym Map is so badly made?

Every time I open it to see how many I've added recently, I can't even figure out what I'm seeing, it's just atrocious and super laggy:

https://imgur.com/a/iDO2G

I'm not expecting anything amazing really, but this looks like it came out from the old Nokia game Snake!!

I'd like to hear your opinions about this feature of this game that, while not important, shows how incomplete and lacking it really is.....

submitted by /u/AlienTripod
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] The Travel Event would be so much better with all the new Pokestops we could have had by now

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 08:58 AM PST

New Ingress portals still do not get converted into Pokemon Go. And we still don't know if they ever will.

What we do know, however, is that it's not a bug that all the new Pokestops were removed on October 11 and new ones were never being added again.

Don't get me wrong, the new event is great! I'm not here to complain. This post is only meant as constructive criticism for this event. Because the event could actually be better with all the new Pokestops we could have had by now from Ingress.

Same was true for the Halloween Event, where the issue was first exposed to a greater percentage the playerbase on reddit, because of this post.

We know that this is not a bug, because NianticGeorge recently commented on this issue (finally, but still only indirectly) that they "refresh" certain areas (Brazil and Korea only), so the new portals get converted into stops or gyms.

So they do have the ability to make new Pokestops and Gyms appear, but they don't do it in the majority of the world.

Truth is:

  • We would have a lot more spawn points with all these new stops, especially in rural areas, where there are less overall.
  • People would actually travel more, because there would be more locations to travel to.
  • And if Niantic would finally convert every new portal (that is not too close to an existing one) into Pokestops or Gyms, more players would participate with even greater motivation in this event.

So why are they still not updating every area in Pokemon Go for more locations to visit?

submitted by /u/Chrossom
[link] [comments]

Typo in German catch challenge announcement, it appears the challenge is merely 'orldwide' for us :^)

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:34 AM PST

How's the progress of the challenge going to be monitored? How will the players know that we've reached a certain checkpoint. Is it going to be another episode like GO Fest where there changed the reward threshold?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 02:02 AM PST

Title says it all, how are we going to track our progress? Or niantic is just going to release all the rewards eventually?

submitted by /u/kkpang91
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.