Overwatch - Weekly Quick Questions Thread - November 29, 2017


Weekly Quick Questions Thread - November 29, 2017

Posted: 28 Nov 2017 09:07 PM PST

In this thread you can ask all kinds of questions you always wanted to ask without feeling like a total fool.

No matter if it's short Google-able stuff or a setting/skill in-game that you don't understand or a hardware recommendation, feel free to try your luck in here.

Trolling or making fun of people in here will be punished extra harshly! Please report such behavior.

For the purpose of helping people, make sure the comments are sorted by "new" in this thread.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Sometimes people appreciate you for sitting on their face.

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 03:57 AM PST

Doomfist Update

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 06:45 PM PST

I've never been so scared in a POTG

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 09:03 AM PST

New Sym Ability: Photon Bridge (Professional Paint Pics Included)

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 07:52 AM PST

So...the Sym rework has been pretty okay, but I still feel like its missing something. I know there are issues with Sym that a lot of people talk about and I agree with most things but there has always been something missing about her.

I was looking over her comic today and BAM! It hit me. Sym is a "builder" who can't build. It drives me crazy. Sym can build bridges.

 

Here's what I was thinking:

First of all, let's just be done with it already and move Sym to the "Defense" section. Let's rename the "Support" section to "Healer" and let's give Sym (the architect) the ability to actually build something. A bridge!

 

How would this work?

(Here are some awesome pics I made to help give you some ideas but Blizzard might have a hard time making the bridge look better than mine)

New ability: Photon Bridge

Health: 600 (can be destroyed)

Range: 35 meters (same as Ice Wall)

Width: 2.5 meters

Duration: 5 seconds

Cooldown: 12 seconds

 

So I was thinking this ability could be part of her "shift". Press it once to bring up the "Sentry Turret", press "shift" again to bring up the "Photon Bridge". Left click to place object, right click to cancel. Unlike Mei's Ice Wall, you can not rotate the direction of the Photon Bridge.

When you choose the Photon Bridge, you will see the "starting point" of the bridge the same way Mei can see where her Ice Wall is going to be placed. Then you click "confirm". Sym proceeds to place down 2 Turrets (in one animation, the same animation she already uses for placing Sentry Turrets) They create the start of the Photon Bridge. Then you pick the "ending point" of the bridge (max 35 meters away). The bridge has to follow a straight line from the starting point, but it can connect to ANY surface. Once you confirm the "ending point", a light blue Photon Bridge spawns from point A and travels to point B. The bridge last for 5 seconds and can now be used by your team to walk across. Sym could also use this to place her TP/SG in unique places.

This would make Sym incredibly powerful and useful for so many situations and would bring some massive team utility. Sym could also have cool new voice lines for this like "Walk along the path of light"

(This part is up for debate) Photon Barrier is cool, but it has very limited uses other than trying to save yourself (or your TP/SG) from a DVa bomb, or trying to block a Pharah ult. The ability is very niche. Sometimes you can use it to help your team push but it just feels kinda...meh. You could always just replace Photon Barrier with Photon Bridge.

submitted by /u/just1nsfw
[link] [comments]

Stevo (4.5k Symmetra main) receives another automated ban for "Disruptive gameplay" on stream

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 12:45 PM PST

to infinity and beyond!

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 12:14 PM PST

BUG: Moira can't heal reaper in wraith form with her coalescence

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 04:49 AM PST

My video got stolen!

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 07:49 AM PST

EDIT - The video was taken down!!! Thanks so much for everyone who reported it/gave me advice you guys are awesome and made my week!!!

So 2 weeks ago I posted a video about overwatch here from my channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAlImvZw-Vg

It got about 1,100 views and 30 likes making it my most viewed and liked video. Obviously I was pretty excited and pumped about it!

But I got a message from my friend telling me it was on the "Overmeme" Facebook page, he took my video and posted it without a direct youtube link! It got over 40,000 views and 800 likes, neither of which went onto my video :( so I messaged the Overmeme Facebook page asking him if he could credit me and he saw and ignored my message!

Here is his facebook link -

I'm not really sure where else to post this, I'm just pretty upset because my personal work was stolen :c

Thanks for reading

EDIT - The video was taken down!!! Thanks so much for everyone who reported it/gave me advice you guys are awesome and made my week!!!

submitted by /u/TheSpaceChannelGuy
[link] [comments]

I got two hours of sleep. This is me trying to flashbang as Tracer and then walk off the edge.

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 03:53 PM PST

Introducing Google Genji

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 11:19 AM PST

Real Overwatch weapon: Mei's blaster, functional

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 01:23 PM PST

"113 of the Best Overwatch Players in the World"

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 12:31 PM PST

Sado suspended from OWL

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 03:34 PM PST

2000 IQ Widowmaker Play

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 02:45 PM PST

Top 500 Tank Main Educational Streamer At Your Service!

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 02:08 PM PST

Hey guys

Posted this over at r/overwatchuniversity and had some great feedback! Hopefully you guys like it too <3

 

I've recently started to gear my stream around being as educational as possible. So as I'm playing in game I generally try to explain why I'm doing certain things and after every death trying my best to explain what went wrong/right and why. I'm also answering ALL questions asked in game about my role as a tank or the game in general.

 

I'm coming from the perspective of a top 500 tank player who mainly focuses on Winston/Orisa, peaked rank 1 on Winston and rank 5 on Orisa this season over at Overbuff. I'm also pretty effective on D.va / Hog / Zarya (learning Rein at some point ). I'm sitting around 4400+ on 2 accounts at the moment and am generally floating around top 500 most of the time!

 

If you're interested in that sort of thing feel free to swing by and check me out on: www.twitch.tv/tryhard_enmity

 

My schedule is in my info section, but it's generally 6-10pm UK time Mon-Fri and 11am-6pm+ on weekends (working fulltime so weekday strims are only 4 hours!). My goal is to be as educational as possible. The theme recently is trying to keep a solid PMA and avoid'ing team conflict where possible, as this is a MAJOR issue at all levels of play.

 

I also did an AMA here a few months ago, so if you have any questions and don't feel like checking out the stream feel free to ask here on this post :)

submitted by /u/TryHardNmity
[link] [comments]

How to ult as junkrat and not have the tyre destroyed

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 06:14 AM PST

I️ also got a team kill with reaper for win!

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 08:52 AM PST

Statisfying midair punch

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 12:45 PM PST

When you try to be Kephrii

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 05:07 PM PST

I made Overwatch Emojis for the community

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 06:06 AM PST

Casually strolling out of spawn anddddd they're all dead.

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 08:43 AM PST

If overwatch ever made a fire-related hero, he should hail from Indonesia

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 12:08 PM PST

It came to my attention from the Mount Agung explosion recently that Indonesia houses most of the biggest volcanic eruptions in human history (Tambora, Toba, Krakatoa) so I thought it would be interesting for a thematic hero based around volcanoes. As for the backstory he could be a geologist/volcanologist and maybe a rival and opposite to Mei the same way Moira and Mercy are opposites (another talon member maybe?? hmm). Maybe he could modify his body or suit so that he's able to withstand high temperatures and maybe even produce fire from inside his body. How cool would it be for a defense hero with smokescreen and lava pool ability that locks an area? Or a Godzilla breath ultimate where he shouts "By Fire be Purged!" in Indonesian? I'm just throwing some ideas around and I hope you guys like it.

On a related note, I always felt like Indonesia doesn't get much coverage and representation in international media despite being the 4th most populous country in the world, as opposed to China and India. Hell, Southeast Asian countries don't get much love and representation at all despite having a plethora of untapped culture and customs its easily a goldmine of original and interesting concepts.

What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/NobothBlue
[link] [comments]

What if Bastion joins Winston's Overwatch with Torbjörn? (Bastion Recolor)

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 09:21 AM PST

So as of the "Binary" comic, it would seem that Bastion is going to be sticking with Torb for a while, and he was bound to get the recall message.

So I wondered, what would an Overwatch Agent pallet look like on Bastion?

submitted by /u/NickoRaptor
[link] [comments]

So predictable Sombra

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 02:52 PM PST

Working as intended

Posted: 29 Nov 2017 01:36 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.