Minecraft - It is an understatement to say that I have done a lot of caving...


It is an understatement to say that I have done a lot of caving...

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:08 PM PST

Minecraft villages were added before anvils were. These slabs were supposed to represent anvils, but now that we have actual anvils they just look ugly

Posted: 10 Nov 2017 11:47 PM PST

I finally finished my last project, named "Green Prison"!

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 07:09 AM PST

[Survival] Finally finished my nether portal room!

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 11:05 AM PST

Trying to play on a laggy server

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 08:33 AM PST

A mountain valley

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:17 PM PST

What is plutonium mode?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:07 PM PST

I fixed some chunk errors around my city on my five year old world save

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 01:41 PM PST

Zombies can pick up (and use) Totems of Undying

Posted: 10 Nov 2017 10:06 PM PST

Oakfall temple

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 06:26 AM PST

Grappling Hook using new commands

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 03:44 AM PST

My Minecraft Palace WIP

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:52 PM PST

My first encounter with the Ice Plains Spike biome in Vanilla. Beautiful surprise...

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 06:25 PM PST

I made a little adjustment to the new horse head.

Posted: 10 Nov 2017 11:39 PM PST

My friends and I are on a server together, here are some of our creations.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 01:05 PM PST

Is anyone else disappointed that only one of the Minecon mobs is going to be implemented?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 03:15 AM PST

Yes, it is always easy to say "why don't you add xyz in uvw time" when you are not coding/scripting/modeling/texturing/etc. yourself, but to implement only one of 4 already conceptualized mobs in an update that is already taking several months is just, for a lack of a better word, sad.

If each of those mobs were boss-mobs, then the time taken is absolutely reasonable, but no such information was given AFAIK.

What I am trying to say is, if a one-man mod team can implement a new mob with an equally or more complex AI than the the standard mob AI of Minecraft in about 2 weeks time, why can't Mojang? While the mob isn't of course the only thing they are working on, why can't an adequate amount of mobs be added in a several months in development update?

/rant over

Ninja Edit: Words.

submitted by /u/FinDusk
[link] [comments]

On horses, design choices, design restrictions, consistency

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:56 AM PST

Hello fellow neigh-sayers. This post is not about whether horses look better or worse now or before. Just shining some light on Mojang's ideals.

Mobs in Minecraft are not just blocky. The blockyness follows a simple design with three rules:

  1. Align each cuboid with the pixels of the textures involved

  2. Do not rotate the cuboids in the default mob posture

  3. Avoid cuboids intersecting other cuboids. The head is an exception

This is how notch designed his mobs. With voxels in mind. Example:

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/media/minecraft.gamepedia.com/3/30/Pig.png

The legs are moved back by one pixel. Each pixel is at the same scale. The legs do not intersect the body.

Even with these limitations you can create some more complex shapes, like the chicken

Even the sheep follows the rules, although its wool is treated as an armour layer and scaled as such. It does not allign properly with the pixel grid

Now this is the old horse:

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/media/minecraft.gamepedia.com/3/3d/HorseInv.png

  • the head and tail are at an angle
  • the hoofs, snout and crest are offset by half a pixel (yes, I know, the silverfish, it bugs me, too)
  • the legs intersect the body
  • the legs have some weird tiny offset to prevent z-fighting

Rules are there to be broken, just don't break all of them.

You guys have proposed some good looking alternatives to the new horse model, what I'd love to see is a proposal that does follow the design limitations. At least most of them.

submitted by /u/Schmogel
[link] [comments]

I’ve made a challenge to make a redstone sorting system but with these items only 1.Sticky piston 2.redstone block 3. Redstone repeater 4 anyrhing to produce power for the system such as levers or buttons, bur anyways this is what happened because of that challenge

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 06:03 PM PST

As An Educator, I'm Trying To Get More Teachers To Use Minecraft In Their Classrooms

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 06:35 AM PST

Sand in survival dilemma

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 10:20 AM PST

Hey everyone,

So I use a lot of sand in my minecraft realm and I am starting to ruin the nearby deserts. It's starting to become kinda ridiculous how far I have to go to get more without destroying the little desert I have left.

Basically I'm wondering what could be a fair trade to give myself sand using creative instead of going to mine it. I don't mind grinding but I just don't want to destroy all the nearby deserts.

submitted by /u/SaintMateo
[link] [comments]

Mods that make survival more challenging?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:20 PM PST

Hey folks,

It's been 2 years since I've played the game. I love survival games that are always challenging you and making you work for your survival, I don't really remember minecraft being able to do this on any vanilla difficulties.

What mods would you guys suggest for a more challenging survival experience? Perhaps a mod that makes more difficult mobs? I'm open to ideas, would appreciate some suggestions getting back into the game!

submitted by /u/FloatingArk54
[link] [comments]

Nether portal/End rooms

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 01:49 PM PST

Anybody have any suggestions on what to make for a nether portal room or end room? If you provide pictures as references that would help a lot.

submitted by /u/Daedric_36
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.