Fallout - I had a dream the other week about Fallout: Honolulu. Now I really want to see it happen.


I had a dream the other week about Fallout: Honolulu. Now I really want to see it happen.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:16 PM PST

The dream didn't make a lot of sense but when I woke up, I got to thinking how great the idea could be.

The plot would take place soon after the NCR makes its first contact with the Hawaiian islands, which are at that point partially under control of a Chinese successor state, and partially under control of an independent republic.

It becomes a three-way war for control of the island's most valuable resources: arable land and cane sugar. The NCR wants to reclaim a former American state, the new Chinese empire wants to expand its reach, and the poor Hawaiian people caught in the middle just want to be free. Pick a side.

Lots of military bases to explore, including Pearl Harbor; volcanoes and rainforests galore, replete with interesting fauna; a unique main city in the form of Honolulu; and a natural boundary for the game world, since it's an island chain.

Maybe I haven't convinced you, so listen to this, close your eyes and imagine exploring the irradiated wilderness of New Oahu.

submitted by /u/kankey_dang
[link] [comments]

I have never told this story

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:50 PM PST

I was playing fallout 4 again and was reminded of a story I never shared with this sub.

So back when fallout 4 first came out, my brotherr and I were super exited. I was watching him start his PC play through on the day of release.

The begining was fairly normal and we were opening every terminal we could, then we came across the one in the social area of 111. We opened up ' TOP 10' and looked at them. My brother quckily relised that they were all comand codes (I didnt play PC so I wouldn't know) so I point to number 10 and ask what that one does. He is courious too, so we type in the comand console 'QQQ'. At first we think the game crashed,untill we realised that the Q meant quit.

I still think its funny how Bethesda trolled us.

submitted by /u/ScarfaceCM7
[link] [comments]

Reminder that in Fallout 4 the Mayor's /15 year old/ daughter that Nick saved is "known for an evening."

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 01:00 PM PST

What do you think that exactly means? How do you feel about it?

I know it implies sex, however I wonder if others interpreted it as something else, like drugs.

submitted by /u/Itz-Blitz
[link] [comments]

My attempt at recreating Amata from Fallout 3 in the character creator of Fallout 4...

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 08:16 AM PST

EDIT: WARNING! POTATO IMAGES!! Sorry for that.

I'm not much of an artist with the character creator of Fallout 4 but I tried pretty hard with this one. I spent hours to get it as close as the original as I could. In many aspects I feel like I've failed since there is that uncanny factor that tells me "That's not Amata" but I'm quite proud of it regardless.

I wanted to do this because she's so familiar & influencial character in the intro of Fallout 3 with a lot of screen time in the long 20 minute vault 101 sequence. With the Trouble In The Homefront -quest, I think she easily has one of the most screentime out of the characters in the game.

Original Amata from Fallout 3

Player custom Amata in Fallout 4

Picture 2

Picture 3

P.S. No mods used.

submitted by /u/JustAFriendlyMailman
[link] [comments]

I just realized that if Fallout 4 wanted the authentic holiday feel, there would be Christmas decorations up with the Halloween decorations scattered everywhere.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:49 PM PST

I mean, it's been like that since the early 2000s, so it'd happen in 2077, right?

submitted by /u/TechnoEquinox
[link] [comments]

A political commentator in Sweden used a clipping of Vault Boy in a segment on TV today

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:41 AM PST

Vault Boy

This particular commentator is kind of known to always use wacky and weird pictures in his segments but I didn't expect my favorite gaming mascot to feature in one!

submitted by /u/MississippiCanWait
[link] [comments]

Courier Six, Pre Mojave (Original Art)

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 04:05 PM PST

-->Link<--

My Courier before the Mojave Express job - the same character as the one in this post. "Six" often uses social skills to solve problems, employing charm, strategy, and her judgement. When words fail, she's a decent shot.

Six lived on a farm in NCR territory, the oldest of several younger siblings. With both of her parents gone, she began taking jobs increasingly more dangerous and shady to support her family. She could be gone for weeks at a time.

Six lost her memory when Benny shot her.

submitted by /u/lizalot
[link] [comments]

Really low fps in Fallout 4 cities regardless of the settings?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 01:00 PM PST

I've been getting around 15-25 fps anywhere near the city in Fallout 4. Outside of Boston I can usually get 60 with a few frame drops here and there. I even tried lowering all my settings to the lowest possible and changing my res to 1600x900 but I still don't go higher than 25 fps in cities. I'm running a r9 fury and an i5 4590 so I feel like I should be getting higher frames. Any known fixes? I've already tried fiddling with the ini files and changing the shadows and ipresetinterval but nothing helps.

submitted by /u/jaytreaty17181
[link] [comments]

I'm curious: what style of governance do the Minutemen represent? And what might a Neutral/Evil Minutemen be like?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:53 PM PST

Evil for the Minutemen may not rely on the traditional suppression of people, but maybe cult of personality ala Stalinism or NK? Neutral I'm still drawing a blank on what that may look like.

submitted by /u/rfriar
[link] [comments]

F4 update on the Xbone

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 03:32 PM PST

After the update has anyone else been having a glitch with F4 where the water puddles and characters eyes come out only as a weird reflective blue and yellow? Everything else is fine except for those two things. I even reset the display settings.

submitted by /u/TheSpeedStick
[link] [comments]

Vault 13 handcrafted wristband

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 01:02 AM PST

Do any of you try to mess with the Mysterious Stranger sans mods?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 04:28 AM PST

For example, I found the Stranger doesn't like high ledges.

I was on a walkway just below the dishes here.

https://imgur.com/WqWdxa5

I shot my lazers at a Radscorpion on the ground.

I got about ten seconds of the Stranger activating but all I saw was the above image. He wanted to get down to the Radscorpion and kill it but he could not. Then he vanished in frustration, having failed in his murder mission.

Bonus fun: I later found the Radscorpion here; https://imgur.com/TQTwirg

submitted by /u/Lots42
[link] [comments]

So I just finished FNV

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 06:07 AM PST

For what must be my 20th playthrough of the game or something. This time I did the ncr quest line all the way up until they ask me to fight in the battle of hoover dam, making a truce between them and the BoS, and then going for the independent ending. In the final cutscenes I noticed that this time, while there was the standard NCR-BoS truce Veronica cutscene, there was no actual BoS cutscene included for this scenario.I guess maybe Obsidian didn't include a cutscene for this set of choices due to the time constraints or maybe they just forgot?

So I now wonder what would happen to Mojave BoS' chapter under these circumstances. Would they be kicked out of the Mojave along with the rest of the NCR forces? If so, what would they do next? Or would they decide to stand their ground and fight to the last man against the courier's securitron army? Maybe because the courier had been friendly with them and helped them out he would leave them to their own devices much like the standard Yes Man BoS ending?

submitted by /u/Otter_Apocalypse
[link] [comments]

I don't know if anyone at Bethesda is here, but for the love of god, please, if you're going to get a modder to add one thing to Creation Club...

Posted: 10 Nov 2017 11:43 PM PST

...let it be Glory as a fully voiced companion. (You're still doing that voice acting thing, right?)

I think this is the biggest missed chance when it comes to the Railroad. I love Deacon, but Glory is the fucking GOAT.

I'd quite happily preorder a billion copies of Skyrim for this :^)

submitted by /u/Gigadweeb
[link] [comments]

I would like to tell you guys the best moment I've just experienced in Modded Fallout 4

Posted: 10 Nov 2017 08:28 PM PST

This happened a couple minutes ago. It was so damn fun I just had to tell everyone what happened.

The mods I use are War of the Commonwealth, Raider Overhaul, and NPCs Travel.

Here I am trying to follow Dogmeat in a quest, and as I just leave Diamond City I see Mercenaries from NPCs Travel strolling by. Right next to them Triggermen spawn, and a second later a huge gang of Raiders with Power Armor come out of nowhere. It's literally this giant battle between Diamond City Guards, Mercenaries, Triggermen, and Raiders. Halfway through the battle an even bigger group of Gunners just come on by. Here I am just trying to follow my dog around, and an all out war in front of Diamond City just occurred completely out of nowhere. 2 Raiders and 1 Mercenary had Miniguns, a gunner had Hax's RPG7 v2, and like 10 enemies were in power armor. A lot of death and explosions, and me playing in Survival made it incredibly difficult. Death after death (I use quicksave) I fought this war. Every time was fun and when I finally won, I got some fine loot.

submitted by /u/Itz-Blitz
[link] [comments]

You should get a bottle cap by drinking beer

Posted: 10 Nov 2017 05:10 PM PST

It makes sense but yet you don't get a bottle cap by drinking beer.

submitted by /u/CH-LOL
[link] [comments]

Including DLC, what is the best melee weapon

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:21 PM PST

I've always used General Chaos Revenge, you get it so early. I might try Krems Tooth. I see the Sword of Wonder and I wonder about that one too.

submitted by /u/Freds_Premium
[link] [comments]

Silver Shroud DLC Lines

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 01:37 PM PST

Hi, I have an question: Do I need to upgrade my Silver Shroud Costume to get those lines with mechanist? Or I just need to wear it? Also can it be under power armor while talking to get those lines? (Im playing Fo4 but now with some mods and DLCs so Im asking) Ahhhhh I almost forgot, I heard that u NEED to have costume on when talking to mechanist otherwise U wil not get this line, but in nuka world I havent got my costume on, and when I was talking to some protectrons I was able to speak as Silver Shroud Edit: And... Can I make trough dungeon with power armor and just leave power armor while talking to the mechanist?

submitted by /u/BednarzPL
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 Help! Can’t load save on Xbox one!

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:32 PM PST

A couple of weeks ago I started a new modded save on Xbox one and didn't have too many problems with it or the mods I had until the most recent update hit Xbox. Since then I haven't been able to load that game at all, I even went back to older saves and tried that. I went through and disabled any extra mods that weren't necessary, I cleared my cache and redownloaded what was necessary for that save, and none of it worked. Whenever I try to load up the game I get stuck on a loading screen for the save, not the menu itself. I have left it for around 2-3 hours and it still hadn't loaded yet so I don't know what else to do. Anyone experiencing the same thing or able to help?

submitted by /u/Koj-Puzzle
[link] [comments]

Save Troubles!! Requesting assistance!!

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:14 PM PST

I only have two saves at the moment in New Vegas, but in Fo4 I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much saves, plus also I just started exploring the Mojave about 2 and a half weeks ago. Fallout 4 was my first fallout/Bethesda game; I bought Fallout 4 about 11 or 12 (maybe, 13) months ago. So I was also pretty late in the Fo4 world. any way in Fo4 I have so many saves that I need to save, but before I can copy over an old save, I have to delete lots of old saves. any one have any recommendations on how to quickly delete saves without downloading a new mod to change to a modded save?

submitted by /u/zachbarclay02
[link] [comments]

Fallout Online. I want to hear your ideas about it

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 07:56 AM PST

So let's be honest, not many people would like a Fallout Online compared to another rpg like a Fallout 5 or Fallout New Vegas 2. But I personally it is coming as the next installment in the fallout franchise. After ESO was such a big hit there's almost no reason to not make a Fallout Online.

But if it really is coming what would your ideal Fallout Online look like? Classes/Races (ex. Ghouls, Super Mutants)? Map size (All Fallout games or just specific ones)? Subclasses, quests, how would Online interactions work? Co-op boss battles? Would the perk system stay the same?

Comment any ideas below!

submitted by /u/SoulMiner9
[link] [comments]

[Fanart] Raúl Tejada - FNV companion portrait series! 2/8

Posted: 10 Nov 2017 05:10 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.